Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

AlphaKretin posted:

So what the gently caress happens if every relay gets destroyed? Even as few as we have now is a loving horrible system. Is there any chance of dead relays coming back?

See, I'm all for letting the Relays get destroyed 1 by 1. Just organizing the whole loving masses to stand by and let it happen. Why? Nah, forget that barro bullshit. You just need to remember the Tubemen event:

Eventually, DE will loving bribe you out the rear end to save the loving relays, just like they bribed everyone to support Nef Anyo during the Tubemen event because all the pubbies wanted to save Salad #5.

Let all those relays loving burn, so that we may enjoy the profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Or maybe we could just leave the relays alone and suck it up with the whole "I have to actually go into a relay to see where Baro is :qq:" poo poo. I think we'll go with that, most likely.

Or just go to deathsnacks and see where he is and what he's selling.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BeAuMaN posted:

Pretty much this.

Also, https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3oxyg5/imperator_vandal_receiver_2_drop_rate/

Because gently caress YOU :de: Really? 2 loving percent?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

BeAuMaN posted:

What loving profit? And :laugh: if you think goons can cooperate long enough to get pubs to do what we want.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Naturally Selected posted:

Pretty much this.

Also, https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3oxyg5/imperator_vandal_receiver_2_drop_rate/

Because gently caress YOU :de: Really? 2 loving percent?

I got them all in 4 runs :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

gently caress that, I don't need an Imperator Vandal anymore. Just for that drop chance Larunda can buuuuurn. :unsmigghh:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Or maybe we could just leave the relays alone and suck it up with the whole "I have to actually go into a relay to see where Baro is :qq:" poo poo. I think we'll go with that, most likely.

I wasn't being serious, just offering a counterpoint to Larunda being the only one that should survive.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You know what I got so angry about the 2% thing I forgot people mentioned alerts. Are those alerts for the parts or alerts that give you a 77% chance of cores and a 2% chance of a receiver? Because the latter is still bullshit. :argh:

Also why can't the 50k be a drop and the parts be Lotus incentives? No one loving needs 50k and Vandal stuff even has Lotus markings.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They should have all but Larunda be destroyed, have that as Tenno HQ. Then if they decide we need more relays, actually make cool unique places like a friendly colony or whatever.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
The most important thing is this: I don't think we can blame Steve for this since there's no lore based shenanigans this time around. It's an old lore event that got tacked on just to get some people grind more. What I'm saying is... this is all Sheldon's doing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

At least the cores are R5's, so it's not like they're useless... Just mostly.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 16, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
God drat it, I really like the look of the kavasa prime pattern, but can't you buy it outside of prime access :C

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What loving profit? And :laugh: if you think goons can cooperate long enough to get pubs to do what we want.

Well, I doubt that we'll get enough cooperation from pubbies to make this happen... immediately, anyway... but as for profit? I was hoping that someone on the wiki recorded each conflict and their results on the wiki like they did for the Gradivus Dilemma, but you were there Malachite for the Tubemen of Regor event... after Nef Anyo was getting beat HARD due to all the pubbie support for Alad, they pumped up the rewards for supporting Nef Anyo by a huge sum. 100k vs 50k. Orokin Catalyst vs 50k. 25 Gold cores vs 20 Silver Cores. They weren't going to allow the results to be completely one sided, and so they bribed the players quite openly to support Nef Anyo so that it might be a bit more even.

The same would happen in theory if we started letting the relays just burn. They don't want to loving deal with any sort of dev work or design decisions regarding if all the relays are dead. They'll just bribe the players to save the relays, and call it a day.

:regd08:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Save Larunda. Let the others loving burn.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Larunda's down to like 25% don't sweat it it'll be done in a few hours.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I say we let the low mastery relays burn having only a Mastery 8 locked Relay left would be hilarious.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

As fun as it is to be all goony ivory tower on pubbies, don't forget that you're effectively screwing goons and friends below MR8 out of the fun with that.

Not to mention whales the more casual players don't really want to spend all that time grinding up mr8 just to be in the super secret tenno club.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Strangely, after 12 runs, the only part of that thing I saw was the receiver. So, even though I now know I got the rarest part, this still gets a resounding "not worth it".

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Since I'm probably not going to get to play this event before it's over, I'm going to be more annoyed with Phaedra parts refusing to drop for me.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mephiston posted:

As fun as it is to be all goony ivory tower on pubbies, don't forget that you're effectively screwing goons and friends below MR8 out of the fun with that.

Not to mention whales the more casual players don't really want to spend all that time grinding up mr8 just to be in the super secret tenno club.

Oh yeah, I was joking with my Teshin-esque nonsense earlier; most of my friends who play this would be screwed if only the MR8 relay were left. If there were really only one left (which, given that they're all completely identical, as I discovered after taking a look around earlier because I was curious, wouldn't be a terrible loss), Larunda would be the one to keep. Maybe we can get them to blow up Orcus and Kronia too, then eventually have an event to start rebuilding relays except they aren't copy-pastes of each other down to the statue of Rhino in the center.

Also, on the topic of the Vandal parts, I got a receiver first run, BP second, then cores for a few runs, another BP, and then more cores for a while. Eventually a group I joined with got a receiver and another BP, and people left so I had to find another, in which our first run got us the barrel. So I managed to get the entire gun in three runs... After a fair amount (less than twenty I think) of runs before that. I wish I could trade my spare BPs and receiver to help people out, but they aren't Prime, so I can't sadly.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 16, 2015

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mephiston posted:

Mr8 takes no time to get.

Also the more whales the more casual players get screwed, the higher the profit margin for us. :getin:

Burn it all, take the plat.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

MR20 relay please de

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Terbulus posted:

MR20 relay please de
Who'd have thought twenty ranks ago we'd all be sitting here drinking Château de Chasselas, eh? *puffs cigar*

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

If Tenno are space ghosts downloaded into super space ninja robots, what exactly are we bleeding when "bleeding out"? Also, why does the magic unlimited healing green air freshener built into our hands only work when someone is leaking warframe battery fluid all over the floor?

These are important lore questions.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Warframes use a methane-tritium gas reactor to power all systems, with a small reserve available for emergency replenishment of downed allies.

~*spacefartz*~

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

mrmcd posted:

If Tenno are space ghosts downloaded into super space ninja robots, what exactly are we bleeding when "bleeding out"? Also, why does the magic unlimited healing green air freshener built into our hands only work when someone is leaking warframe battery fluid all over the floor?

Energy. It's seriously called that. Because : DE :. One of those scanner communiques talks about a ship being filled with "Tenno Energy" after they snuck through there.

Of course the idea of a Tenno sneaking anywhere is a bit suspicious. :v:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

mrmcd posted:

Warframes are living armor. Warframes can "heal" other warframes through space-magic Jedi Force powers.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Archonex posted:

Energy. It's seriously called that. Because : DE :. One of those scanner communiques talks about a ship being filled with "Tenno Energy" after they snuck through there.

Huh. So the lore is actually consistent then. Look at that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Archonex posted:

The Tenno are notorious for crop dusting Grineer transports

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
:siren: Solstice Equinox hat up for 1 hour :siren:

Baro has tempo royale for 385 ducats + 175k creds, prime morphic transformer (archwing power strength) for 350 + 150k, and a prisma skana for 510 + 175

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 16, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay I've tried Oberon out and got him to 22 pretty quickly. I had to look up exactly how his powers operate but I really dig it.
His 1 may be my favorite opener. Not amazing damage but can soft-control a group long enough to deal with a different group.
Renewal is nice but I wish the heal over time lasted even if people were at full health. You never know when you'll get spiked. Hallowed Ground certainly has its uses but spamming Smite it just way more effective.

Solid 7/10.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Prisma Skana, Primed Power Strength AW mod, and Tempo Royale are on Baro today.

Hope you poor bastards that farmed Bursas for days on end offloaded yours before now. :v:

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
The trade chat spam of Tempo Royale sells is delicious.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

The server is melting at the moment too. Everyone is panicking trying to get theirs or zoning around. Arsenal had a 20 second wait time to open for me.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
God drat thats a lot of ducks for this visit.

Prisma Skana worth getting?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
It has decent crit chance and there's a syndicate mod available for it, plus it looks cool. You could do much worse

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Orabilis posted:

The trade chat spam of Tempo Royale sells is delicious.

guys guys I will totally trade you a tempo royale for your gaias tragedy, get back to me!

primed morphic transformer? its worth 700p i swear!

metasynthetic posted:

God drat thats a lot of ducks for this visit.

Prisma Skana worth getting?

It's expensive but it looks hot so....

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
poo poo, two things I want. Looks like the amount of Ducks from farming Trin Prime isn't nearly enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A Primed Arch mod. They shouldn't have. :geno: