Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

After a bad Big Bang Theory side plot on Monday, I was wondering - except for Always Sunny, has any other show ever pulled off the 'we should form a band!' idea out of the blue without it totally sucking? It's always such a groaner.

Freaks and Geeks and Friday Night Lights maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Junkenstein posted:

Crucifictorious is still the greatest band name ever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Junkenstein posted:

F&G came to mind but I discounted it because the band was already an existing thing (I think?) and lasted more than a single episode. I didn't know FNL did it though, I haven't got that far (yet).

It's annoying me because I know at least one show did a dad-band recently. It's usually a midlife crisis thing where it turns out everyone just happens to play the right instruments it's just never been mentioned. Family Guy and Simpsons both been there (multiple times with Simpsons, at least the early ones didn't suck). Daddio had Michael Chiklis playing his drums in the back yard just to annoy a neighbour, the only episode of Daddio I ever watched.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Lane's band in Gilmore Girls was a long running plotline, though it's more that her band members became recurring regulars than existing cast joining.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They also have played a few legitimate gigs!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I just heard that The Blacklist has the highest body count of any tv show because James Spader is a badass spy in it, any truth to that? I may have to check it out.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

IRQ posted:

I just heard that The Blacklist has the highest body count of any tv show because James Spader is a badass spy in it, any truth to that? I may have to check it out.

'any' truth, sure, but thats mostly hogwash. It definitely doesn't have anything resembling nikita body counts, Red (Spader's character) is a spy in many senses, but he doesn't disguise himself and and everyone who deals with him knows he's self-employed and only really works with others when their interests align with his. More the classic literary view of a gentleman thief.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just watched season one of iZombie and man that finale was really good. The whole back half of the season was really good actually.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

I just watched season one of iZombie and man that finale was really good. The whole back half of the season was really good actually.

One of us.

Edit: Rude. I thought you said Z-Nation, finally.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No, Z-Nation is worthless garbage.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Clamknuckle posted:

I got shot in the boat once. I couldn't sit for a week.

Did you get on the cover of TIME magazine too?

zoux posted:

a worthless/super wrong opinion that also invalidates other things you think.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 16, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Oh hey it's friday, Z Nation is on! I wonder how zombabby jesus is doing.

Zoux is so bad at opinions I bet he doesn't even like zombie camel.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

gently caress you!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

Implied or on screen? Because the Blacklist pales in comparison to heaps of shows if implied and on screen The 100 probably has the highest body count of any show currently on the air (though Strike Back might come close considering how many people they off).

Spader kills people but it's almost always one offs per episode, rarely is there any Strike Back style shootouts.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

muscles like this? posted:

When is Lucifer supposed to start?

mid-season or real season as I've heard it called now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

iZombie is really good, yeah.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

When is Lucifer supposed to start?
A week after I make the thread. :smug:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
How could you forget?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pjwrd

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy crap the Fargo season 2 backlash is already starting

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll stay far away from the thread.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

precision posted:

Holy crap the Fargo season 2 backlash is already starting

We got eight minutes into the premiere twice before one of us fell asleep. Still intend to watch it - is it good/bad?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

We got eight minutes into the premiere twice before one of us fell asleep. Still intend to watch it - is it good/bad?

It's great, but it's got a different feel to it off the bat, so, you know...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

It's great, but it's got a different feel to it off the bat, so, you know...

It's the worst show of all time?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maybe everyone hates Kirsten Dunst.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

Maybe everyone hates Kirsten Dunst.

She is objectively the worst actor on the show so far, by quite a margin. It's baffling, given how good she's been in things before (Lars Von Trier movies, Virgin Suicides, Eternal Sunshine, even Marie Antoinette was a bad movie but she was good in it)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It didn't have any strong characters out of the gate, compared to season 1.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

precision posted:

She is objectively the worst actor on the show so far, by quite a margin. It's baffling, given how good she's been in things before (Lars Von Trier movies, Virgin Suicides, Eternal Sunshine, even Marie Antoinette was a bad movie but she was good in it)

I thought she was much better than Vietnam Ron Swanson, who was phoning it in so hard they may as well have recorded his scenes via skype, but I still wanted every character except the cops dead by the end of the episode. Every character is super annoying.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I didn't think Fargo season 1 was that great. It was certainly good but I find it overrated. Season 2 has a different style and I like it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I didn't get the love for Billy Bob. I thought it was a character we saw many times on TV and anyone could have done that role. I was more impressed by the evil Hobbit guy because he made me forget his British accent existed.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I love that the bedwetter from Home Alone is a grown man but still so good at immediately coming off as loathesome.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sleeveless posted:

I love that the bedwetter from Home Alone is a grown man but still so good at immediately coming off as loathesome.

Who, MacCauly Culkin(sp)?

Go watch Kings. He's Grade A creeptastic in that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
McCauley Culkin is great but it's his little brother that's in Fargo and he's also great

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I love that after like 25 years nobody still knows how to spell his name (it's "Macaulay").

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

raditts posted:

I love that after like 25 years nobody still knows how to spell his name (it's "Macaulay").
That's because nobody thinks about him after they watch Home Alone as a kid.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Home Alone? I believe you mean The Pagemaster.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Syfy cancelled Defiance today. This could be trouble for the game!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Syfy cancelled Defiance today. This could be trouble for the game!

Defiance ended on a pretty strong note which is more than you can say for a lot of Syfy shows.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

raditts posted:

Why on earth would anyone know how to spell his name? How many times in your daily life over the past 25 years have you had occasion to write out the full name of the child star of Home Alone?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wandle Cax posted:

Why on earth would anyone know how to spell his name? How many times in your daily life over the past 25 years have you had occasion to write out the full name of the child star of Home Alone?

Honestly, I only remember it because I had a Choose Your Own Adventure book as a kid where a character had the same name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wandle Cax posted:

A forgivable sin in TVIV but do not bring this opinion into CD ..men have been killed for less.

• Locked thread