Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Typical PC gamer: ugh uuuggh why can't everything be digital releases I can't have anyone know I play games and I have to keep everything covert. I don't want to go outside and do things either. if I have game cases on my shelf that takes up valuable space for.......stuff..

*turns slightly in chair and knocks over a few dozen empty soda cans they were too lazy to throw away*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

The Taint Reaper posted:

Typical PC gamer: ugh uuuggh why can't everything be digital releases I can't have anyone know I play games and I have to keep everything covert. I don't want to go outside and do things either. if I have game cases on my shelf that takes up valuable space for.......stuff..

*turns slightly in chair and knocks over a few dozen empty soda cans they were too lazy to throw away*

Stop stalking my house

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have to keep shelf space for amiibos

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

The Taint Reaper posted:

someone shamed taint reapers toy collection and now he's lashing out at digital sales :(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blister posted:

someone shamed taint reapers toy collection

impossible I've never posted pictures

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Ranzear posted:

I made a thing in just over a month. I've run out of things to do besides touch controls, so here goes:

Tell me what you like. Tell me what's poo poo. It's about as balanced as MWO right now.

http://caliber.online

It theoretically can handle ~100 players, and is set up to scale well past that. I wouldn't dare challenge SA to test that...

:getin:

I tried it out and I got literally 1 frame per second on Firefox. The sounds were exploding in my headset out of nowhere and scared the poo poo out of me. 0/10 game

Check out that one thing I mentioned earlier in my previous posts -- http://www.littlewargame.com/ this is lightyears better than that poo poo.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

It's always Firefox...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The Taint Reaper posted:

impossible I've never posted pictures

Plastic boxes are a pointless waste of space. I make pretty rad forts out of my hundreds of empty cans of dew tyvm

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Oh neat. So Firefox, in all it's ever inscrutable wisdom, doesn't jump major versions unless you actually open the about page, then it does so without the ability to back out or stop it.

So yeah, my bad: I was still only checking Firefox 38, which apparently the Firefox installer starts at, the whole time. 41 runs like hot garbage and I'll try to do something about it. Thanks guys.

Still find it funny that the only way I can get Firefox to run the ES6 features that work fine in Chrome is to put a value in the script tag that ... breaks Chrome.

loving Firefox...

Edit: And after about a minute, FF 41 runs fine. What the gently caress.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 16, 2015

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Taint Reaper posted:

What the gently caress are you even saying.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
you guys are being reaped atm, surely, SURELY

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Getting mad because someone on the internet enjoys something in the wrong way is like the most GBS thing possible. Who gives a crap about PC Master Race dorks do? It doesn't affect your enjoyment of a wide variety of AAA and indie games with customisable settings at rock bottom prices

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

END THE FED

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Yep. Firefox 41 can't async a simple image request.

It shits the bed while I throttle the higher resolution ground textures downloading so you can just get in and play right away. I killed the throttling and 41 just chokes for a few seconds while it loads the biggest one and then is fine.

I can't imagine how lovely this is for people who have actual slow connections just browsing regular internet stuff. Good job breaking poo poo that was figured out last decade, Mozilla.

"Fixed" with the only edge case I've had to resort to so far :mad:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAdBSz9KwA

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Steve2911 posted:

What the gently caress are you even saying.

I believe it is, "look at me and the things I am saying, don't you want to talk about me and them, aren't I crazy, I'm so crazy"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Why would anyone ever use Firefox when it's been overtaken by every browser not called Safari in terms of not being bad?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
does firefox still leak memory like a motherfucker? that's why i stopped using it way back when.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Considering they're still running on code made in the mid-90s, you bet your rear end it does.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sometimes old code is better.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Chrome got worse about memory usage for a while because memory is now considered a cheap resource. Firefox is pretty stable now I guess. Anything is better than IE

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Opera is very nice.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Great Joe posted:

Opera was very nice.

it's a shame they stopped developing it after 12.16

i use safari now, it's nice.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'm waiting on Edge to support plugins so I can block ads. It's pretty fast from what I've seen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Great Joe posted:

Opera is very nice.

Up to version like 8 or 9 it was my favorite, then it got lovely

I personally have no probs at all with Firefox, but I don't keep 100 tabs open or anything :shrug:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The only thing Firefox has going for it--and it's a pretty big thing for me actually--is the Ctrl-Shift-E thing, panorama I think

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pretty sure Chrome still eats up more memory than Firefox.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I use Opera because I'm dumb. And I like it that way.
I can even install chrome extensions on it, but the icon is still a big red O. How cool is that?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

gently caress, there's no where else to post this "amazing" game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534994203

Covering all your catpiss shut-in dream game needs for only :10bux:. There's no way it won't end in tears, but at least you can play for less than two hours ruin someone's day and get a refund.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Unhappy Meal posted:

gently caress, there's no where else to post this "amazing" game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534994203

Covering all your catpiss shut-in dream game needs for only :10bux:. There's no way it won't end in tears, but at least you can play for less than two hours ruin someone's day and get a refund.

I heard about this a while back. On one hand, lovely gimmick. On the other hand, if I play for an hour and die, it got more playtime than most of my steam library.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6VX29ykxc

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

they found a way to get me to buy the new ac game

good work ubisoft

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

good work ubisoft

I'll bet you ten bucks they put Nietzsche in next.

e: oh poo poo he's already in the games :tinfoil:

quote:

The 19th century philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche gives prominent focus to what he terms "the Brotherhood of Assassins", in section 24 of On the Genealogy of Morality. Nietzsche's signature work is to point to the worthlessness of religion[citation needed], and to attempt at the transvaluation of values, that is, to transcend the inherited Jewish and Christian politics, psychology and ethics of ressentiment or guilt. He aims at going beyond the categories of good and evil since they suppress the full potential of the strong and talented[citation needed]. Nietzsche heralds the arrival of the so-called 'free spirits' who no longer believe in truth.[1] Thus, they alone are capable of redeeming the world of the modern ills of comfort, mediocrity, and nihilism.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

hubris.height posted:

good work ubisoft

It's going to be an unplayable loving trainwreck, do NOT buy it

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

rear end creed unplayably broken, what else is new.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Instant Sunrise posted:

rear end creed unplayably broken, what else is new.

Well now it makes sense why they would add karl Marx, they have something in common.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Grapplejack posted:

gently caress you dad you can't tell me what to do with my money

precision posted:

I'll bet you ten bucks they put Nietzsche in next.

e: oh poo poo he's already in the games :tinfoil:

lol im on this like day 1 dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

bloodychill posted:

Playing games on PC is fun, PC gamers are insufferable. This is the incontrovertible law of the land.

here lemme fix that for ya

• Locked thread