Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Scotland team to face Australia

1. Alastair Dickenson
2. Fraser Brown
3. WP Nel
4. Tim Swinson
5. Richie Gray
6. Blair Cowan
7. John Hardie
8. Dave Denton
9. Greig Laidlaw
10. Finn Russell
11. Tommy Seymour
12. Peter Horne
13. Mark Bennett
14. Sean Maitland
15. Stuart Hogg

Replacements
16. Kevin Bryce
17. Gordon Reid
18. Jon Welsh
19. Al Strokosch
20. Josh Strauss
21. Henry Pyros
22. Richie Vernon
23. Sean Lamont

It's probably the best team they could put out with Ford and J. Gray suspended and having two 7s in the backrow might just about keep our heads above water in the ruck but I can't see this team beating Australia unless there is some spectacular meltdown from the Wallabies.

A worrying lack of experienced hooker/second row is really bad if there are any injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
We're hosed

I'll be happy if we can score at least one cool try and not get completely drubbed.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Will be in Edinburgh for the Australia v Scotland match actually. Any recommendations for places I could watch it around the city?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Will be in Edinburgh for the Australia v Scotland match actually. Any recommendations for places I could watch it around the city?

A bunch of my mates and I are heading to the Blue Blazer on Bread Street if you want to join us.

Failing that, The Oz Bar on Candlemaker Row will have a pretty great atmosphere for the games. Three Sisters in Cowgate and The Chanter on Bread Street are alright to watch the games in as well.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Wallabies team named

1. Scott Sio (14 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore (c) (99 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (60 Tests)
4. Kane Douglas (20 Tests)
5. Rob Simmons (57 Tests)
6. Scott Fardy (27 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (vc) (48 Tests)
8. Ben McCalman (44 Tests)
9. Will Genia (63 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (24 Tests)
11. Drew Mitchell (67 Tests)
12. Matt Giteau (99 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (28 Tests)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper (vc) (111 Tests)
15. Kurtley Beale (57 Tests)

Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (58 Tests)
17. James Slipper (71 Tests)
18. Greg Holmes (21 Tests)
19. Dean Mumm (40 Tests)
20. Sean McMahon (6 Tests)
21. Nick Phipps (36 Tests)
22. Matt Toomua (29 Tests)
23. Quade Cooper (58 Tests)

Pocock and Falou are out with injuries

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Hey Scotland, if you're serious about winning just do your best to injure Foley and force Cooper onto the ground.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My buddy is going to be having a "South African" party tomorrow morning for the rugby, so I will be drinking lovely Castle Lager and trying to eat all the biltong at 8:30 in the morning. It's going to be a looooong day.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Madkal posted:

My buddy is going to be having a "South African" party tomorrow morning for the rugby, so I will be drinking lovely Castle Lager and trying to eat all the biltong at 8:30 in the morning. It's going to be a looooong day.

Biltong owns though.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Madkal posted:

Castle Lager owns too what kind of crazy are you

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
0830 is not a time to be drinking unless you're pushing on from the night before.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

butros posted:

Castle Lager owns too what kind of crazy are you

Windhoek or Black Label all the way (neither of which you can get in Canada)

goatface posted:

0830 is not a time to be drinking unless you're pushing on from the night before.

It's 5 o clock in South Africa so it's a spiritual connection.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

goatface posted:

I used to start that early when I had an awesome rugby bar in biking distance from me in Philadelphia. 8:30am = 1:30/2:30pm in Six Nations countries, a totally acceptable hour to drink on a Saturday.

Man I miss those days of being drunk by 10am. Guiness + bacon is the breakfast of champions.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Rugby Wold Cup 2015: Acceptable alcoholism.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
As a supporter of arguably the worst team at this year's tournament (USA, not Canada) I have little choice to make it through my day.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Apollodorus posted:

As a supporter of arguably the worst team at this year's tournament (USA, not Canada) I have little choice to make it through my day.

Ahem. England were playing.

Also woo, domestic rugby's back!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

tarbrush posted:

Ahem. England were playing.

Also woo, domestic rugby's back!

Except it's Bizarro Domestic Rugby, where Scarlets and Edinburgh are four points clear at the top of the table.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

Except it's Bizarro Domestic Rugby, where Scarlets and Edinburgh are four points clear at the top of the table.

And Northampton are somehow losing to Worcester. It's the most gripping poo poo game I've seen since England Wales

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

tarbrush posted:

And Northampton are somehow losing to Worcester.

Hahahahaha gently caress you, Dylan Hartley.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

tarbrush posted:

And Northampton are somehow losing to Worcester. It's the most gripping poo poo game I've seen since England Wales

With a bonus bullshit ending :{

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Oh sorry, I meant incredible ending!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

Oh sorry, I meant incredible ending!

YES YES YES YES YES

gently caress you Hartley, gently caress you Northampton!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I like Northampton. I am from (a city also called) Northampton.

But seriously the USA EAGLES OF AMERICA were the only team to be held scoreless. 😞

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Apollodorus posted:

I like Northampton. I am from (a city also called) Northampton.

But seriously the USA EAGLES OF AMERICA were the only team to be held scoreless. 😞

They did well to hold SA to only 2 tries in the first half. Unfortunately SA remembered they were SA in the second half.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Tonight's pro 12 game brought me right back down to earth, a turgid 16-10 loss to fuckin Edinburgh wasn't as exciting as these world cup games have been. It's funny watching the gulf in class between our Irish level players and the dregs of the squad that are playing now (including two fellas we signed from London Welsh of all places) though.

Long live the World Cup, I'm not ready to cheer for the journeymen and taste the disappointment of another club season just yet.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

To be fair, no one was stopping Hamish Watson tonight. He played an incredible game, even with the rest of Edinbokke looking like hot garbage around him.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Long live the World Cup, I'm not ready to cheer for the journeymen and taste the disappointment of another club season just yet.

New rule : Nobody without an Ospreys-related avatar is allowed to complain about how the World Cup has ruined the Pro 12 season for them :{

Just look at what it's done to Steve Tandy :

Tyma fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 16, 2015

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Madkal posted:

You should bring a leek dish to spite him.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Tyma posted:

New rule : Nobody without an Ospreys-related avatar is allowed to complain about how the World Cup has ruined the Pro 12 season for them :{

Just look at what it's done to Steve Tandy :

I think Glasgow have some valid complaints with our 21 players missing for the first two months. :argh:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
In fairness, the World Cup has made me absolutely hyped for Bath's season.

Look at this potential backline;

14 Agulla
15 Watson
11 Rokodunguni
13 Joseph
12 Eastmond
10 Ford
9 Matawalu

May not tackle much, but gonna be hella fun to watch.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Vaders Jester posted:

To be fair, no one was stopping Hamish Watson tonight. He played an incredible game, even with the rest of Edinbokke looking like hot garbage around him.

Honestly I was going to amend a bit at the end about how good Watson was but I'm too drunk and angry.

Tyma I feel your pain, big Paulie was supposed to get a big send off at Thomond this year and instead his next home game will be one where his introduction is done by a halfwit with a tattooed face in the south of France. It's tragic he won't be able to lead out the men in Red one last time.

I have a lot of faith in Ulster, it just doesn't extend to the likes of Peter Horne (Who?), Sam Windsor (not even a royal) or Paul Rowley (May in fact be Welsh). I'm sorry if it makes me a fair weather fan but I only want to see wins. Even the All Black we signed isn't an All Black anymore, I don't know what to do with myself.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

It's cool dude, I imagine a lot of people are angry/disappointed with the way their teams are playing just now (Ospreys, Leinster and Glasgow especially) due to the World Cup. I'm just hoping that Edinburgh are able to keep some kind of form when the Scotland guys get back and they're not just living off weakened teams just now.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Vaders Jester posted:

A bunch of my mates and I are heading to the Blue Blazer on Bread Street if you want to join us.

Failing that, The Oz Bar on Candlemaker Row will have a pretty great atmosphere for the games. Three Sisters in Cowgate and The Chanter on Bread Street are alright to watch the games in as well.

I want to live in a city where all the bars around like they're out of discworld novels.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
The street names are the highlights for me. Cheers for the list though Vaders. I'll be wearing an old school wallabies Jersey if I rock up to where you're going.

Also gently caress Quade cooper even getting on the bench

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

sebmojo posted:

I want to live in a city where all the bars around like they're out of discworld novels.

The part of town he's drinking in, all the bars look like something from Discworld, too.

(Don't drink in this bar unless you have a Student Union Card or a second mortgage)

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

Vaders Jester posted:

It's cool dude, I imagine a lot of people are angry/disappointed with the way their teams are playing just now (Ospreys, Leinster and Glasgow especially) due to the World Cup. I'm just hoping that Edinburgh are able to keep some kind of form when the Scotland guys get back and they're not just living off weakened teams just now.

The positive thing for Edinburgh is that there is so much quality in the forwards now. A lot of good players were missing last night but they still put out a pack with 2 Super Rugby finalists in it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

ColtMcAsskick posted:

The street names are the highlights for me. Cheers for the list though Vaders. I'll be wearing an old school wallabies Jersey if I rock up to where you're going.

Also gently caress Quade cooper even getting on the bench

Cool, I'll probably be the only guy in there with long hair so just look for me there if you do head along :)

Cooper on the bench is just so Scotland can say "So you're saying there's a chance..."

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's been almost a week since he last RWC game, this is some bullshit!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So Sexton won't start tomorrow. Smartest move and Madigan needs that show of confidence too

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014
Please Bokke, dont gently caress this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
No Bokke, ruin your dreams.