Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
New CP doesn't work on Safari on an iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah? It's fine on my iPhone, I'll test on an iPad tomorrow though (or is it confirmed not isolated incident?)

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah? It's fine on my iPhone, I'll test on an iPad tomorrow though (or is it confirmed not isolated incident?)

Actually I just double checked and it works now. I’m now on 3.0.1 though, whereas the issues I was having were definitely with 3.0. So maybe they fixed it?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone know how to make couchpotato better at handling failed downloads? I use nzbget.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 6, 2015

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

diremonk posted:

I'm having a strange issue with my install of NZBGet. It will work fine for about 20 minutes then it becomes unresponsive. I have to kill it via the task manager then it works again for a time. This happens whether or not I'm downloading or it is just sitting there. I've tried both the stable and testing version. Any ideas?

I've had this a few times before. Usually if I clear the queue/temporary/incoming nzb dir it clears up.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
For some reason I'm no longer able to authenticate to Tweaknews within SAB. I've confirmed my username, server name and port/SSL, and I've used the password change portal a half dozen times. Always a 502 Auth Failed error. My other usenet provider continues to work fine.

edit - huh, I just tried Grabit and it's the same error. Something must be going on. I'll write their support and see what's up.

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 9, 2015

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Anyone have issues accessing nzbndx?

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

diapermeat posted:

Anyone have issues accessing nzbndx?

Yes, down for me although I'd recently mostly switched to dognzb and oznzb.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Decairn posted:

Yes, down for me although I'd recently mostly switched to dognzb and oznzb.

I've used OZNZB but the site itself is slow as hell and the constant reminders to rate things are incredibly annoying. Is Dog any better?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I've used OZNZB but the site itself is slow as hell and the constant reminders to rate things are incredibly annoying. Is Dog any better?

Yes, but I'm kind of surprised that you don't just use the API. That's faster than anything else.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Go into you profile and edit Disable Rating Reminder Popup to be Yes. That might be a VIP-only feature though.

I prefer dog for the UI. It's faster and 1 row per item in search as opposed to 5 on oznzb.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Yes, but I'm kind of surprised that you don't just use the API. That's faster than anything else.

I have a whole setup at home that accommodates my roommate, who likes to browse for things with a traditional browser. He's not very computer literate (but he's getting there).

Even using the API just executing searches on the site takes ages, but then again I haven't used it in a while. I played with Dog last night and I really, really like the setup. The free version handles all my needs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Isn't the free version of Dog just a trial that ends pretty quickly?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Isn't the free version of Dog just a trial that ends pretty quickly?

I just signed up. Looks like it's 10 days.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Surprised I saw this on Reddit first rather than here, but SABnzbd 0.8.0 Beta 1 is available now: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19524

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone know how to make videosort (nzbget plugin) to title the movie "Movie, The" instead of "The Movie" ?

This is what I use now: %t (%y)/%fn

I couldn't find anything in the documentation. https://github.com/nzbget/VideoSort

I like the original filename in case I need subtitles.

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

No, no, no you imbecile! That's not talc, that's paprika!
Does anyone know what's going on with nzb.su? I don't visit much but I checked in on it today and the most recent posts it has are weeks old. It looks like its been abandoned.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Fourteen posted:

Does anyone know what's going on with nzb.su? I don't visit much but I checked in on it today and the most recent posts it has are weeks old. It looks like its been abandoned.

It looks fine to me, I checked a few sections and the content was all current.

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Fourteen posted:

From what I've read on their forums, the guy that runs it has been MIA without warning for a few months and all kinds of things have been broken (including my API). I've moved over to dog.

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

Well I have no idea what's up then. I've cleared the cache and all cookies, too. Even tried a browser I've never used to visit that site before. Weird.

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

Fourteen posted:

Well I have no idea what's up then. I've cleared the cache and all cookies, too. Even tried a browser I've never used to visit that site before. Weird.

OK, problem resolved. I had the 'scene releases only' filter turned on in my profile.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

Flashing Twelve posted:

From what I've read on their forums, the guy that runs it has been MIA without warning for a few months and all kinds of things have been broken (including my API). I've moved over to dog.

poo poo. I just re-subscribed there too. Argh.

cycleback
Dec 3, 2004
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
My NewsGroupDirect block just ran out and I need to re-up with another block plan or preferably two or three to improve completion. Is there a currently recommended combination of block plans? I was thinking of something like Newsgroup Direct, AstraWeb and either Usenet.farm (XS News) or Cheapnews. Any good current deals on block plans?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Anyone have a problem with sickbeard not renaming shows properly? I regularly end up with episodes with the article id instead of the show info like so:

6xFSwnnAREvvRQXWGG4jZ9bDg7gGn5uLYuSA3pEHZb1v5KmYRtvVo.mkv

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

What's the deal with tvrage? (site has been down for a long time)

Has anyone who has been running a newznab server figured out what the devs plans are to replace tvrage as an info source?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

Has anyone who has been running a newznab server figured out what the devs plans are to replace tvrage as an info source?

From reading the dog forums, it looks like tvrage was abandoned. Looks like Dog is moving to TVDB.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

I ended up unchecking them as a source so it would quit timing out on the update script with newznab.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have a mega dumb problem, maybe you guys can help?

I just updated to El Capitan and noticed my Sonarr page would not load. I got the latest Mono for El Cap. No go. I redo loaded Sonarr. Now it loads but it's treating me as s new user.

I think I have 2 options but I'm not sure...

1] maybe there's a log file somewhere that lists what indexers I was using? (I'm ducking dumb and forgot)

2] I am pretty sure at some point when updating Sonarr I backed it up but I have no idea where to find this back up and how to restore from it.

Any ideas?

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Feenix posted:

I have a mega dumb problem, maybe you guys can help?

I just updated to El Capitan and noticed my Sonarr page would not load. I got the latest Mono for El Cap. No go. I redo loaded Sonarr. Now it loads but it's treating me as s new user.

I think I have 2 options but I'm not sure...

1] maybe there's a log file somewhere that lists what indexers I was using? (I'm ducking dumb and forgot)

2] I am pretty sure at some point when updating Sonarr I backed it up but I have no idea where to find this back up and how to restore from it.

Any ideas?

On windows it auto backups to programdata\nzbdrone\backups (it may be sonarr if you do a new install instead of nzbdrone now). So it may still be there on the mac equivalent.
Inside the zip backup is config.xml and nzbdrone.db which is all you need to reload all your settings.

DuoGodOfDeath
Feb 20, 2007
Haven't used UseNet in about 5 years. I bought an Astraweb plan downloaded SABnzbd. When I try to log on to SABnzbd what user name and password am I exactly suppose to put into it? I tried the account from Astra but that fails to work.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DuoGodOfDeath posted:

Haven't used UseNet in about 5 years. I bought an Astraweb plan downloaded SABnzbd. When I try to log on to SABnzbd what user name and password am I exactly suppose to put into it? I tried the account from Astra but that fails to work.

You're trying to access your SABnzbd install? Try checking the ini file and change the user and password there: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/faq#toc21

DuoGodOfDeath
Feb 20, 2007
I tried looking for the file but was unable to locate it all even when viewing hidden files/folders. Found another way around where you right click SABnzdb -> Troubleshoot -> Restart Without Login. Got it working but thanks anyways.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

cycleback posted:

My NewsGroupDirect block just ran out and I need to re-up with another block plan or preferably two or three to improve completion. Is there a currently recommended combination of block plans? I was thinking of something like Newsgroup Direct, AstraWeb and either Usenet.farm (XS News) or Cheapnews. Any good current deals on block plans?

Maybe hold off on NewsgroupDirect and buy the other blocks first, because NGD always has a great black Friday deal.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I sort of feel like I've asked this before, but I have a daily show being downloaded daily by Sonaar and NZBget and placed into a show folder like all of my other shows, but most of the time, it'll leave a folder with the Scene name in the root of the tv shows folder despite moving the episode to the correct folder. It's only the one specific show that it happens with. Does this happen to anybody else?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I sort of feel like I've asked this before, but I have a daily show being downloaded daily by Sonaar and NZBget and placed into a show folder like all of my other shows, but most of the time, it'll leave a folder with the Scene name in the root of the tv shows folder despite moving the episode to the correct folder. It's only the one specific show that it happens with. Does this happen to anybody else?

It happens to me on daily shows exclusively as well. I have 3 in my watch list and every once in a while I have to clear the folder out after stuff has been processed long ago.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

cycleback posted:

Blocknews has been pretty good from my experience as a backup for my Astraweb connection.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Upgrade to the .8.0 beta because it's what was in the PPA, and decided to switch from Plush to the new default of Glitter. Holy crap it's awful.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
How is the 0.8 beta? Worth updating to now, or wait for Stable/Release (..whatever non-beta would be called)?

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

FISHMANPET posted:

Upgrade to the .8.0 beta because it's what was in the PPA, and decided to switch from Plush to the new default of Glitter. Holy crap it's awful.
What's awful about it? This may literally be the first negative feedback we've had about Glitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Ashex posted:

Anyone have a problem with sickbeard not renaming shows properly? I regularly end up with episodes with the article id instead of the show info like so:

6xFSwnnAREvvRQXWGG4jZ9bDg7gGn5uLYuSA3pEHZb1v5KmYRtvVo.mkv

I'm seeing that all over the place.

Smeep fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 17, 2015