Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Since this is kind of the post-game thread, I figure this is the place to ask. Is there any way to get the sweet sandstorm goggles that snake is wearing in a lot of the promo images?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

dvorak posted:

Since this is kind of the post-game thread, I figure this is the place to ask. Is there any way to get the sweet sandstorm goggles that snake is wearing in a lot of the promo images?

Leather Jacket has them on his neck but don't think you can ever wear them

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Was Miller supposed to be Campbell in Peace Walker because that'd make a hell of a lot more sense.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
So I heard this game had some cut content or something?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If you're not joking, once you have finished the game you should google MGSV Mission 51.

A description of the cut content, including concept art, and a partially complete cutscene, was included was included with the collectors edition of the game. This is the video you can find by googling.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

"For their period" being the important phrase here. I have no doubt MGSV will be well-regarded for its period, but is it something I'm going to want to play through again in its entirety 10+ years from now like Subsistence? For me, the story, character interactions, and setting keep me coming back to it more than the sneaking/combat.
Agreed. For the same reason, when I read a book written over ten years ago or watch a film made in the dark pre-HD times, I try to skip the words and visuals respectively, because I'm also insane.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
45 has been no traced. It's, um, stupidly easy, it turns out. Call D-Walker at the very starting instant to kick Quiet off the team.

Also, prenatual has announced they won't be releasing more videos. :(

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
gently caress a game where Liquid is the protagonist, I want to play as the real best character in Metal Gear, Solidus. I also want his sick rear end MGS2 anime/doc ock suit.

CJacobs posted:

Eil didn't know he was a clone, he just thinks Big Boss is his actual biological father. He doesn't find out about Les Enfants Terribles until much, much later, by which point in time he's already become Liquid Snake.

He definitely knows he's a clone, he references the inferior genes thing at some point.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Discendo Vox posted:

45 has been no traced. It's, um, stupidly easy, it turns out. Call D-Walker at the very starting instant to kick Quiet off the team.

Also, prenatual has announced they won't be releasing more videos. :(

The comment says that you spawn D-Walker just before you trigger the cutscene that begins the battle but whenever I do it it just freezes the game on the loading icon. What's the exact process I should do?

Also, how do you defeat the chopper then?

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 17, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

In It For The Tank posted:

The comment says that you spawn D-Walker just before you trigger the cutscene that begins the battle but whenever I do it it just freezes the game on the loading icon. What's the exact process I should do?

Iunno, that's all I was going off of.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want a game as Solidus during his presidency.

Armstrong should be in it too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Misreading that as 'Solidus during his pregnancy' sent this into weird places.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want a game as Solidus during his presidency.

Armstrong should be in it too.

That game already exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIi3X9NCMU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That would be the most japanese twist: That while Solid, Liquid, and Solidus are all clones of Big Boss, Solidus was actually the oldest clone and used as an m-preg host to gestate solid and liquid. Everything else is a lie to hide that fact. solidus's "artificial aging" and the surrogate mothers of Solid and Liquid. All lies constructed by Ocelot, to mislead the player.

If chapter 3 comes out by magic, and the final scene is real life Hideo Kojima declaring that his face is a mask and dramatically tearing it off to reveal that he is Revolver Ocelot IN REAL LIFE, that would basically be the best ending to the MGS franchise possible.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
MGS4: Too many cutscenes, the whole thing is a cutscene!

MGSV: We want 10 more hours of cutscenes

(I agree with the second one)

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Modest Mao posted:

Was Miller supposed to be Campbell in Peace Walker because that'd make a hell of a lot more sense.

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out how many first names Miller actually has.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Miller is such a traitor that his name is 'benedict'. He betrayed Big Boss in Zanzibar land, I'm pretty sure he's actively sabotaging you through the whole game (Eli snuck out on the chopper, Kaz stopped Quiet even though she's loving invisible), and even after he died Liquid uses his persona to gain your trust and then betray you. Oh, let's not forget the secret tape in Peace Walker where he talks about betraying you. Given how loudly he accuses Huey of being a spy it wouldn't surprise me if Huey was framed to cover up for Kaz' sabotage.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Yeah I'm pretty confident Kaz is the real leader of XOF. He was hamming it up pretty hard in the chopper just before Paz improv'd the "second bomb".

edit: which means Big Boss killed a bunch of his own men during the motherbase attack by backing up the wrong side, lol.

diamond dog fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 17, 2015

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So why can the Skull suddenly materialize weapons? I feel like i never heard an ingame reason

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Nanomachine

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ekusukariba posted:

So why can the Skull suddenly materialize weapons? I feel like i never heard an ingame reason

It was never stated in-game, but someone in this thread made a very cool observation: Finally defeating the Skulls in Metallic Archaea is what unlocks the wormhole Fulton upgrade. There's a lot of ridiculous technology in this game, mostly parasites and archaea, but wormholes and weather control are also in it. I think, between parasites that act as Stealth Camouflage and wormholes, that gun materialization is pretty much covered.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Also why couldn't Ocelot just translate russian for Venom? He's fluent and always around when there's gunships and snipers to be pointed out

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Translating is not as simple as just speaking both languages.

Snak posted:

It was never stated in-game, but someone in this thread made a very cool observation: Finally defeating the Skulls in Metallic Archaea is what unlocks the wormhole Fulton upgrade. There's a lot of ridiculous technology in this game, mostly parasites and archaea, but wormholes and weather control are also in it. I think, between parasites that act as Stealth Camouflage and wormholes, that gun materialization is pretty much covered.

Uh what? That's not true at all. Doing the Legendary Ilbis side-op is what unlocks the wormhole fultons, and the side-op is unlocked by beating mission 31.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

RatHat posted:

^^^ Translating is not as simple as just speaking both languages.

When it's writing but when it's just translating what someone is saying its not as bad, and honestly I'd have enjoyed Ocelot going "Yes he said there's resources or something around here, also be on watch for gunships, One burst from its machinegun can tear a man in half"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I would like to play a game of Liquid as a young man (played by Cam Clarke) and his buddy Psycho Mantis joining FOXHOUND and having wacky adventures.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Uh what? That's not true at all. Doing the Legendary Ilbis side-op is what unlocks the wormhole fultons, and the side-op is unlocked by beating mission 31.

Oh okay that's fair. It's still true though that you don't get wormhole tech until after you've defeated the Skulls once and for all. Mostly what I meant to say was: The Skulls probably pull their guns out of wormholes, because wormhole tech is in the game.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

There will never be another Metal Gear and/or Solid game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

dvorak posted:

Apparently you can't actually put on goggles which is DUMB because they look awesome.

Snak posted:

Oh okay that's fair. It's still true though that you don't get wormhole tech until after you've defeated the Skulls once and for all. Mostly what I meant to say was: The Skulls probably pull their guns out of wormholes, because wormhole tech is in the game.

I thought they were using metallic archaea to construct guns. They can use it to earthbend giant metal rocks out of the earth, this might just be a more precise use of them, getting trained parasites to assemble something in a particular shape.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Apparently you can't actually put on goggles which is DUMB because they look awesome.

I thought they were using metallic archaea to construct guns. They can use it to earthbend giant metal rocks out of the earth, this might just be a more precise use of them, getting trained parasites to assemble something in a particular shape.

I thought that's what they were doing the first time I saw their powers. After kicking the poo poo out of them, I think it's much more plausible that they had wormhole holsters rather than using the most powerful technology ever to create conventional weapons ins 1984.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

they explained away most of the cobras' abilities as being parasites, including the pain so i assume that's where his guns and grenades came from

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

a cop posted:

There will be many more pachinko / slot Metal Gear and Solid games.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

setafd posted:

they explained away most of the cobras' abilities as being parasites, including the pain so i assume that's where his guns and grenades came from

No, those were magic tricks.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

No, those were my illusions, Michael!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

a cop posted:

Oh there will be. Just most likely it wont be for a while, or if it is, it wont feel the same. I would only trust Platinum with something as nuts as Metal Gear to get the appropriate theme if it's not Kojima.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

i thought it was lovely that they explained the cobras too, net cafe scandal

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Onmi posted:

Oh there will be. Just most likely it wont be for a while, or if it is, it wont feel the same. I would only trust Platinum with something as nuts as Metal Gear to get the appropriate theme if it's not Kojima.

suda51 should make the next metal gear. he's the only dev that i'd trust to match, if not surpass, kojimas insanity

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Onmi posted:

I'm not satisfied till this thing is real. (Second "anniversary" of Metal Gear Rising :airquote: I bet Konami cancelled it anyway)

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 17, 2015

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Speedball posted:

It's not like it would matter. They would do nothing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Das Butterbrot posted:

suda51 should make the next metal gear. he's the only dev that i'd trust to match, if not surpass, kojimas insanity

I think boiling down Kojima's style to 'insane' is really demeaning to his work, whilst there's obviously alot of quirk to his style he's there's also alot of effort to say something meaningful in every one of his games and they're legendary to their attention to detail and incredible level of polish. Compare to Suda51, who's spent most of the last decade writing down ideas on napkins and getting other people to make them, I don't think the two directors are really in the same ballpark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

blackguy32 posted:

It's not like it would matter. They would do nothing.
:haw:
(They would make for some sweet lookin' screenshots.)
For that matter, I wish someone would mod in the PS4 box.

• Locked thread