Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
if you want to be stealthy, hand of jehuty is good for heavy infantry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i didn't know what homestuck was because i don't read webcomics. i've never seen archer and i've never played a final fantasy or mgs game. i guess i'm not a very good internet addict

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
For groups of riot gear guys I pretty much Stun Arm level 3 everyone or go with the usual strategy of flashbangs or smoke and CQC dunking.

You can eventually develop stun/smoke grenade guns and launchers, or use a non-lethal shotgun which will knock over riot gear guys.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ayn rand hand job posted:

if you want to be stealthy, hand of jehuty is good for heavy infantry

this is good stuff

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

even though snake cant loving stop yelling
how do they not hear the yelling

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

holy hell this controller is bad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fabricated posted:

For groups of riot gear guys I pretty much Stun Arm level 3 everyone or go with the usual strategy of flashbangs or smoke and CQC dunking.

You can eventually develop stun/smoke grenade guns and launchers, or use a non-lethal shotgun which will knock over riot gear guys.

the fakel is p good for this since the non-lethal grenades tech line is also available as underslung foregrip mounts for ars and some sniper rifles

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Endless Mike posted:

holy hell this controller is bad

i was thinking of buying one but I'm probably just going to get the xbox one wireless edition later this month

why is it so bad

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Liver Disaster posted:

downwell is real good i love that burst mode where landing on enemies causes them to explode

yeah that's p rad. pro tip: you'll want lots of energy and/or something for fall control for later

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

i was thinking of buying one but I'm probably just going to get the xbox one wireless edition later this month

why is it so bad
so I loaded up portal 2 since it's a valve game: the right trackpad thing is really bad and p much unusable as a right stick, the left stick and face buttons feel way too close together, and the left trackpad/d-pad sucks as a d-pad

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

so I loaded up portal 2 since it's a valve game: the right trackpad thing is really bad and p much unusable as a right stick, the left stick and face buttons feel way too close together, and the left trackpad/d-pad sucks as a d-pad

nice job buying a controller sight unseen .

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah darn that whole $60 gone! whatever will i do?

i changed a setting so it's not in trackball mode which makes it better.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

have you tried any of the custom controller configs?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

yeah darn that whole $60 gone! whatever will i do?

i changed a setting so it's not in trackball mode which makes it better.

drat, forgot we all have six figgy jobs so money has no meaning. game on my man Lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dodoman posted:

have you tried any of the custom controller configs?
like i said, i turned off trackball mode, so it doesn't have momentum in scrolling which seems to help.

played some ray-man, also and it works well for that.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

so the big selling point of the controller is actually a POS?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'd have to play, i dunno, dota or something, but gently caress playing dota

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

like i said, i turned off trackball mode, so it doesn't have momentum in scrolling which seems to help.

played some ray-man, also and it works well for that.

yeah sure, but are there any custom configs which change how the controller feels in game besides changing the trackball setting?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i thought people had the steam controller pegged as poo poo garbage for gently caress idiots from the get go

there's no possible way it could be any good with such a terrible interface

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

quiggy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pkEvHDr9f8

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPW6peVFGw

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
take your timeline back to gbs

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5jx9aYSG1c

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

if NX is using the same architecture as the Wii U, and the Wii, and the loving Gamecube it's dead in the water

both because developers won't want to gently caress with it and because I'm pretty sure that's still 32-bit so say goodbye to the 8gb of RAM from the other consoles

there are newer 64-bit POWER cores that are still backward compatible with the PowerPC 750 or whatever the Wii U CPU is based on

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Nintendo will always figure out some way to cut corners

I'm p sure it was confirmed NX was still PPC at some point

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnMYnS3nuYo

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
lol @ the payday 2 thread already convincing themselves that literally paying money for objectively better guns is "not a big deal" and "only redditors care about it"

also acting like this is one small disagreeable addition rather than the culmination of years of selling pure upgraded gameplay in the form of monthly paid DLC packs

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
steamlink trip report:

working p good actually

steam controller trip report:

not to bad, need to calibrate and customize it a bit more to my liking

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
i would v much like the steam controller to be good

i still think they should have gone with the original-original design with the touchscreen tho

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

i would v much like the steam controller to be good

i still think they should have gone with the original-original design with the touchscreen tho

The Second Screen Experience is a true addition to video gaming everywhere else it has appeared!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:rip: dendi

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pirate Jet posted:

lol @ the payday 2 thread already convincing themselves that literally paying money for objectively better guns is "not a big deal" and "only redditors care about it"

also acting like this is one small disagreeable addition rather than the culmination of years of selling pure upgraded gameplay in the form of monthly paid DLC packs

it's stockholm syndrome at this point

good thing i'm pretty done with pd2

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Extreme Metallica Archaea is pretty ridiculous to do legit.

I ended up just taking Quiet with an anti-material sniper rifle and let her dome the skulls over and over and over while I dodged rocks on top of the hangar.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dodoman posted:

yeah sure, but are there any custom configs which change how the controller feels in game besides changing the trackball setting?

not tht i found, but i might need to dig around a bit.

that said, valve just emailed me to give me the valve complete pack since it's not fully working on mac yet (even though i don't play much on my mac), and extended the return period to 60 days, so i'm gonna give it some time.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i think you can adjust the right touchpad so if you tap towards the edge it'll act like your pointing the stick in that direction rather than having to drag from the middle

some guy on steam forums told me "On the right stick STYLE OF INPUT setting, change it from Joystick Camera to Joystick Move." so i'll try that or something

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
if games use L3 as sprint its real fuckin annoying and you may have to bind one of the paddles on the back to that

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i thought the point of the right touchpad was to use it more like a mouse/trackpad than a stick?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
its real hard to describe how it functions but yeah you can do that with some games.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

technically you can do it with any game by creating your own settings profile

except for the dumb stupid ones like metal gear that crap themselves if you try to use both mouse & keyboard and a controller simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

lol puke

http://www.takethistb.com/

• Locked thread