Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alaois posted:

sorry, i love D'Brickishaw Ferguson but even that can't beat Raekwon McMillan

He's just named after the Wu Tang member though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is amazing. I know a guy from Guangdong named Andy, and I know his Chinese name, but I swear I've heard people address him as Andy in both Cantonese and Mandarin. .

Does he live in Macau?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

He's just named after the Wu Tang member though.

Exactly

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is named after some dude from "The Thorn Birds"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tallulah-jane

When I asked her to spell it she said something to the effect that she was going to kill her mother for naming her that. She also had a Double-barreled surname.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is amazing. I know a guy from Guangdong named Andy, and I know his Chinese name, but I swear I've heard people address him as Andy in both Cantonese and Mandarin. .

I teach in an international program at a Chinese high school, and my students call each other by their English names even when they're speaking Chinese.

EDIT: Vancely changed her name to Dancely before, inexplicably, becoming Jacqueline. Same for another student of mine named Vanilla- she, too, is now a Jacqueline. And she gave me some real fuckin' attitude when she couldn't pronounce it and then spelled it J-A-Q-E-L-E-N-E.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Oct 12, 2015

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
From an NYT article, 2 Californian kids: Fyo and Lyv.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is named after some dude from "The Thorn Birds"

The character is named Ralph de Bricassart. That's why it's the best football name.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Tarantula (pronounced exactly how you think it is) and her sister, who pronounces her name "d-air-e-uh", however it is spelled Diarrhea.

I know these two ladies personally because of my job, and despite their, uh, *unique* names, they're actually both really cool.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

EZipperelli posted:

Tarantula (pronounced exactly how you think it is) and her sister, who pronounces her name "d-air-e-uh", however it is spelled Diarrhea.

I know these two ladies personally because of my job, and despite their, uh, *unique* names, they're actually both really cool.

Thread favorite Marijuana Pepsi Jackson apparently has her poo poo together too, but if my name was Diarrhea I'm pretty sure I'd have to change it.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
New names I've come across: Vilisity, Tomorrow, and Phoeron.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Saw a lawyer on an episode of Forensic Files called Gayland G. Gieger.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Met a guy at a work meeting the other day named Starlin, and today I was out at lunch and ESPN was on and apparently there is a player somewhere named Knile.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
From the local news: Triceten.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

fullroundaction posted:

Here is a no effort, unedited dump from this year just based on who has an apostrophe in their first name:

code:
SELECT first_name FROM camper WHERE first_name LIKE  '%\'%'

De'Christopher De'Marlow

Elohssa Gib posted:

Met a guy at a work meeting the other day named Starlin, and today I was out at lunch and ESPN was on and apparently there is a player somewhere named Knile.

Knile Davis, Kansas City running back. Not to be confused with Niles Paul, Washington tight end.

Oddly enough, there's also a baseball player named Starlin.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

DemonDarkhorse posted:

New names I've come across: Vilisity, Tomorrow, and Phoeron.

How far off are from being able to field the baseball team from "Who's on First" with people who genuinely have all of those names?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

m2pt5 posted:

How far off are from being able to field the baseball team from "Who's on First" with people who genuinely have all of those names?
Why?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
As I was looking at movies and such on Netflix the name Honeysuckle Weeks jumped out at me. Apparently her full name is Honeysuckle Hero Susan Weeks. At first I thought it was bad but now it's really growing on me!

Junius
May 14, 2006

Thank you, entertainment committee.
I work with a kid whose surname is Van Swole.

He is not swole. Except around his midsection.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
As you may know, Canada held its federal election yesterday. Two of the candidates for the New Democratic Party were women named Pixie Hobby and Fritz Bitz.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elohssa Gib posted:

if Knile Davis is where you draw the line, I'm really curious what you think of his teammate Charcandrick West

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I just processed a referral form for a baby named Zaydd.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool

Shithouse Dave posted:

Got a new acquaintance baby born this week: Andromeda. Here's hoping she doesn't get stripped naked and chained to a rock when she grows up.

I was almost named this! Another runner-up was Yuri, which is weirder to me because we're not eastern european at all. Luckily my parents decided not to go with that one because they thought kids would call me "Urine" on the playground. I got lucky but my brother got Fitzgerald.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yo, imma blob posted:

I was almost named this! Another runner-up was Yuri, which is weirder to me because we're not eastern european at all. Luckily my parents decided not to go with that one because they thought kids would call me "Urine" on the playground. I got lucky but my brother got Fitzgerald.

is your brother Fitzgerald Toussiant because his name is loving amazing

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Flagrant Abuse posted:

From the local news: Triceten.

He's a peach of a man who got smashing drunk and tried to strangle a woman who was sitting in front of her cafe with her 9 year old daughter. He was shouting "white power!" as he approached.

And he's a psychology major.

Was a psychology major.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Laurren and Nathalie

I would blow Dane Cook has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Oct 22, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

cyberia posted:

I just processed a referral form for a baby named Zaydd.

Zayd (Zaid) is a perfectly acceptable Arabic name, never seen it with two d's though

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Nathalie is an extremely common spelling of Natalie in Francophone regions.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Nathalie is an extremely common spelling of Natalie in Francophone regions.

I always hear it in my head with all the syllables empathized when spelled that way. NAT-HAL-IE instead of NAT-a-lie

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I work with someone who has the surname "Makepeace". She's a very friendly woman who wouldn't hurt a fly, but that name is so sugary and schmaltzy I want to smack her parents by proxy. :argh:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is this a real post

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Met two siblings named Imma and Yura Ho.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Ramos posted:

Met two siblings named Imma and Yura Ho.

You absolutely did not.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

poop dood posted:

You absolutely did not.

No Yura Ho.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Jackenson

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

As a first name?

PLEASE let the full name be Jackenson Jax Jackson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Finally saw a Latrina in the wild.