Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Moot precursor collection involves eating tons of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Please do not troll your fellow players with references to 'physically contacting other human beings.'

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lyer posted:

You know, the irony in all of this is that if wildstar didn't tank, nexon probably would have kept onto the stock, but because wildstar crashed and burned, nexon probably felt that they weren't going to miss out on much.

So a big thank you to wildstar, for making guild wars 2 a better game.

Nah. Nexon wanted direct involvement in management and so intentionally crossed a stock holding threshold to do it. NCsoft's CEO loving hates Nexon's guts so he decided to sleep with the other devil - he signed a deal with NetMarble that called for a stock swap. This weakened Nexon's position and they lost confidence in their ability to stage the hostile takeover, so they cut and ran. It didn't help that the Korean pension fund, which is a big shareholder, voted at the AGM to support NCsoft's CEO.

You can bet your rear end that if they had seen a path to a successful takeover, they would have taken it, Wildstar or not.

AbrahamSlam
Jun 12, 2013

Mess with the bull, you get the WANG!
Hey guys, which of the current Goon guilds is most active?

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

AbrahamSlam posted:

Hey guys, which of the current Goon guilds is most active?

Join both of them and make them fight over you.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
SFD if you have any interest at all in pvp, SFD if you're just into pve, Goon Squad if you're just into pve

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Do you prefer cole slaw or butter?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Turncoat Mommy posted:

SFD if you have any interest at all in pvp, SFD if you're just into pve, Goon Squad if you're just into pve

SFD since GOON is running out of room

AbrahamSlam
Jun 12, 2013

Mess with the bull, you get the WANG!
Thanks for the replies, I forgot that you can join multiple guilds in GW2 so I guess I'll just join both ahaha.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

SFD since GOON is running out of room
So is SFD. Both guilds are constantly riding close to the cap.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Action cam sounds like how I wish GW2 had been built in the first place, but it's neat to see it at least added in.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Tivac posted:

Oh looks like Action camera stuff snuck out, rad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3p0wg5/guild_chat_livestream_notes_pro/

Action camera is pretty great!

quote:

Gilded Hollow has a secret tunnel behind a waterfall with a sunken pirates ship you can enter. Past the ship are nook and crannies that you can decorate as your own private rooms etc.
http://imgur.com/a/ioMKQ

:getin:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
New WvW game mode :

20 v 20 Warriors lined up musket style in first person action mode with rifles. Aimed killshot only.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh that action thingy is cool.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
That action camera reminds me of gw1's controls. It seems really cool.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Staff – Nevermore. Someone in Arenanet loved the staff so much they set it as a test item and it showed up on some builds. The story behind is taking a spirit and Raven and melding them together. In the beginning you have to prove you a friend of nature and protect it around the world. In collection 3 you are chasing down this raven spirit around the world by creating spyclass that allow you to see the raven around the world. In collection 4 are taming your spirit, showing it your power and showing it how things from the mist can live in the corporal world. You are also getting a raven egg, bless it and treating it. Once the raven hatches you teach it how to fly and meld it with the spirit.

:qq: guys anet is literally making a quest about my life i'm so happy :qq:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Are the legendary quests just for the new ones in HoT?
Because, seriously, that's the only way I'm getting one.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
The new staff looks like Kasmeer's staff only bigger and worse. It's the truth, sorry.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Are the legendary quests just for the new ones in HoT?
Because, seriously, that's the only way I'm getting one.

All of them, but they are not really supposed to be any easier or cheaper, just less up to rng.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:qq: guys anet is literally making a quest about my life i'm so happy :qq:

reminds me of lotro when lore masters get the friend of the wild title

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

malhavok posted:

All of them, but they are not really supposed to be any easier or cheaper, just less up to rng.

Fine by me!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
They're changing reset for a 3rd time, back to Saturday 24 hours after the current one. Apparently this is temporary due to patches for the expansion.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-Zhv0VrUs

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

This is fantastic.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
So there's no cutoff date for the preorder character slot when you prepurchase HoT, right? I'm going to be able to buy it on like, Wednesday, and want to know if I'd have to get another slot on my own or if it's pretty much going to put you in the queue to get one right up until release.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
My Steam controller came in so I did Morgan's Spiral with it(both parts) !
Here's a bad picture of the end!

I hope there are a ton of Jumping Puzzles in Heart of Thorns!

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Josh Davis posted:

As mentioned on today’s GuildChat, we will indeed be adding a slew of new stat combos, runes, and sigils to sPvP with the launch of Heart of Thorns. A small example of what we’ll be adding are trapper runes and sinister stats, but there’s plenty more for you to discover on October 23.
Yessssssssssssssssssssss

Josh Davis posted:

As a note (and to address concerns), we won’t be adding dire stats or perplexity runes to sPvP. We’re vetting and discussing each and every rune/sigil/stat combo as a group before adding them in, with the main goal being improving build diversity.

I’ll also mention that we’re going to be changing the 6/6 bonus on Vampirism. After HoT launch it will no longer proc Mist Form at 25% hp, but will instead cast an AoE lifesteal to up to 5 nearby targets. This will reduce the binary defensive nature of the rune and bring it more inline with similar sets.
Also pretty good.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Wow. Saw the video on the action camera. Love it! Such a huge quality of life enhancement.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

Moot precursor collection involves eating tons of food.

Oh my god Tivac is this because of me, be honest

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Action cam will really change the way GW2 plays. It's exciting.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

esports

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Not sure how good it'll be for making GBS threads aoes on yourself but seems fun.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

xgalaxy posted:

Wow. Saw the video on the action camera. Love it! Such a huge quality of life enhancement.

where's the video? or timestamp

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

kater posted:

Not sure how good it'll be for making GBS threads aoes on yourself but seems fun.

Exactly this. The dev who thinks this will be good for engineer nades is dreaming. Oh good let me just point the camera at my feet in a group clusterfuck andhgrjxjdhgehrhfhhhgggjh

(also aiming all your nades at a distance using the crosshair is loving impossible, you'll throw up after a minute of bucking the mouse)

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

midnightclimax posted:

where's the video? or timestamp

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/20972084

At about 1h 15m. The guy is an alpha geek, but obviously has skills to pay the bills. This action camera stuff is pretty rad.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Plavski posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/20972084

At about 1h 15m. The guy is an alpha geek, but obviously has skills to pay the bills. This action camera stuff is pretty rad.

thanks for the link, but I couldn't watch that. too much nervous faffing around, no time.

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe
Oh god I need the Nightfury shoulders.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kessel posted:

Exactly this. The dev who thinks this will be good for engineer nades is dreaming. Oh good let me just point the camera at my feet in a group clusterfuck andhgrjxjdhgehrhfhhhgggjh

(also aiming all your nades at a distance using the crosshair is loving impossible, you'll throw up after a minute of bucking the mouse)

GW2 really would have needed to be designed with action cam from the start to work flawlessly with it, but some classes will probably be manageable.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I think I saw something about an option to have aoes centered on your target. Definitely not optimal, but luckily optimal play isn't necessary in the majority of cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

midnightclimax posted:

thanks for the link, but I couldn't watch that. too much nervous faffing around, no time.

You can just kinda skim through to see how he targets stuff and changes the camera and that. Pretty much just think any action rpg and you'll have it.

• Locked thread