Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Green man gaming had a deal last month for 20? Percent off of anything with a code (I don't remember) that I got from coupons so I got F4 for around 45$. The moral of this story is that more goons should lurk in coupons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bitter fly posted:

Does getting a season pass on Steam mean I get all the future DLC or just some of them?

Varies by company. Usually it means you get all the major DLC. Some people like Gearbox will say "Season Pass but also here's some new content that's not in there".

Bethesda hasn't done a Season Pass before I think but they always include everything in a Game of the Year edition so I'd lean more towards "you get everything".

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Green man gaming had a deal last month for 20? Percent off of anything with a code (I don't remember) that I got from coupons so I got F4 for around 45$. The moral of this story is that more goons should lurk in coupons.

Yeah I got the game and the season pass because I'm a sucker from GMG for ~24% off via coupons. Not sure about CDKeys but GMG has never hosed me around. Other than I've never been able to preload a game I purchased there but who cares.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

boneration posted:

Yeah I got the game and the season pass because I'm a sucker from GMG for ~24% off via coupons. Not sure about CDKeys but GMG has never hosed me around. Other than I've never been able to preload a game I purchased there but who cares.

I've always gotten to preload games I bought from them in the past so who knows~

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pwnstar posted:

I've always gotten to preload games I bought from them in the past so who knows~

They usually release the keys the day of release from my experience, so no time to preload.

You used to be able to manually preload it though.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I bought a key from greenmangaming because they had that 20% off offer so I paid £40 (it was £50 on Steam) but now it's £40 on Steam so all I did was pay earlier and have less of a chance of being able to preload.
Don't pre-order. I'm a hypocrite/idiot.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

coyo7e posted:

Is Harold a ghoul? I can't remember if he was a ghoul or something special.

I'm sad he is immobile because I'd like to run into him again.

How can you run into him again? He burned to death!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

dog kisser posted:

How can you run into him again? He burned to death!

Spores can outlive a immobile dad or a dead one!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

SplitSoul posted:

Since when?

I've heard stories involving keys from those dodgy russian money laundering sitessomehow heavily discounted stores being revoked before. So don't say you weren't warned!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://youtu.be/kizzTSyvoLQ?t=25s

Well, they've improved body animations a bit, but holy poo poo look at her face. It's like the only part of it that moves is her mouth and it doesn't even do that right.

I mean, look at The Witcher 3. The characters in that don't look like their face is a poorly made rubber animatronic from the 80's when they're talking.

https://youtu.be/xUcFjRzuDP0?t=10m6s

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 17, 2015

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eh, I'm used to Bethesda mud people. I think that looks acceptable.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Almost 40% off on funstock

http://funstockdigital.co.uk/fallout-4-steam-key-pc-download

enter code OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25 on checkout.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, while I do believe they're responsible for putting out a complete product, no matter how good the characters look some modders gonna put out an improvement, as long as Beth put enough effort into the rest if the game it'll be alright.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, they've improved body animations a bit, but holy poo poo look at her face. It's like the only part of it that moves is her mouth and it doesn't even do that right.

I mean, look at The Witcher 3. The characters in that don't look like their face is a poorly made rubber animatronic from the 80's when they're talking.

They've evolved from potato head to uncanny valley.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

sector_corrector posted:

Eh, I'm used to Bethesda mud people. I think that looks acceptable.

Yeah, it's not great or anything but I have such a low bar coming from the loving Oblivion engine that I'm sure I'll be able to live with it.

I'm also super afraid that they cut off the reporter lady in the middle of one of her lines: "I take a hard look at the truth... NO MATTER HOW BAD IT HURTS THREE DOG AWOOOOOO"

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

OlmanRiver posted:

Almost 40% off on funstock

http://funstockdigital.co.uk/fallout-4-steam-key-pc-download

enter code OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25 on checkout.

Do you get the code now or on release?

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
on release

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Huh it says -8% when I look. Also no idea how safe this site is, I am reluctant to buy keys off of Steam because of all the bad tales people have had.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
you have to add the coupon code to afterwards.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't know what crack you're smoking but the animations and poo poo are awful in Witcher too, almost everything about that game is clunky and unpolished.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I still dunno how a bunch of people from Poland keep beating US devs, at least in graphics. Does CD Projekt get government funding or some poo poo?

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
They probably can't work over 40 hours a week by law.

In the US dev's don't actually sleep. And they probably have shareholders breathing over their necks.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

SunAndSpring posted:

I still dunno how a bunch of people from Poland keep beating US devs, at least in graphics. Does CD Projekt get government funding or some poo poo?

I am almost certain that CD Projekt does get funding from the Polish Government. Their Prime minister even gave President Obama a copy of the witcher 2. He never played it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I don't mind these animations.

Honestly the only thing that Fallout 4 could trigger me hard would be bullet sponge enemies. I hate them so much.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Witcher 3 may have received government funding as "art" or something similar, I don't remember any specifics.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Man Whore posted:

I am almost certain that CD Projekt does get funding from the Polish Government. Their Prime minister even gave President Obama a copy of the witcher 2. He never played it.

If you don't think Obama and Michelle secretly play ps4 and smoke weed in the white house basement late at night then I just don't know what to tell you.

They have to be sneaky or the chief of staff will wake up and send them to bed after a good scolding.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

popewiles posted:

If you don't think Obama and Michelle secretly play ps4 and smoke weed in the white house basement late at night then I just don't know what to tell you.

They have to be sneaky or the chief of staff will wake up and send them to bed after a good scolding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHCqw23zU_o

e: Animations are okay. Not the best, but that's not the thing I'm concerned about in regards to the conversations, namely writing and ambiguous prompts.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I believe it has more to do with a normal, low stress workweek and making a more than livable wage even for interns. Almost like American labor laws are garbage.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Nasgate posted:

I believe it has more to do with a normal, low stress workweek and making a more than livable wage even for interns. Almost like American labor laws are garbage.

Turns out people work better and smarter when you don't grind their spirits into a fine powder and then piss on it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Magmarashi posted:

Turns out people work better and smarter when you don't grind their spirits into a fine powder and then piss on it

But free market and job makers!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SunAndSpring posted:

They run this little known website called GOG.com that generates some revenue.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Oh hell yes an economic derail on SA. I wonder what positions the derailers will uniformly advocate? (hint: it starts with S)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

closeted republican posted:

Oh hell yes an economic derail on SA. I wonder what positions the derailers will uniformly advocate? (hint: it starts with S)

"Nobody Gives A gently caress What You Have To Say" doesn't start with S, though

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well not 40% off, also uh apparently my Bank won't let me order through Funstock.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Gees sorry like 32% off then. Everyone worried about buying steamcodes off vendors, please don't buy them.

It says 8% but there is a 25% off coupon code I put in my post.

I just wanted to offer up a good deal, take it or leave it. =)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nasgate posted:

Are you seriously suggesting that a Polish developer is making money hand over fist while American programmers are working for minimum wage? How removed from reality do you have to be to think that Eastern European tech employees are better off than their American counterparts? Or that interns are treated with respect in these countries? (I actually live in Eastern Europe)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

OlmanRiver posted:

Gees sorry like 32% off then. Everyone worried about buying steamcodes off vendors, please don't buy them.

It says 8% but there is a 25% off coupon code I put in my post.

I just wanted to offer up a good deal, take it or leave it. =)

I can't take it, my bank has declined them. I guess it doesn't trust them or something.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3p4fb7/funstock_fallout_4_for_4283_8_off_25_off_with/

wow the reddit thread got so many people activating the deal that they shut down the website, or it went down from traffic.

Sorry your card doesn't let you spend money how you like i guess?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also, I wonder if Bethesda is really butthurt at Obsidian. They never talk about them or Fallout: New Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So game is coming out soon. Game good or game bad?

• Locked thread