Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

That's beginning to sound increasingly like Space Station 13 cooking and bartending, where it's a coinflip if eating the chef's mystery dish or the bartender's mystery drink will set you on fire, make you turn int a pile of gibs, turn you into a cyborg, get you high as a kite, make ants crawl out of every orifice, explode into a butt of bees, or all of the above.

i fail to see the problem

hell an SS13 minecraft thing actually sounds super fun, the only problem is that the atmo loop would, given how server crushing minecraft already is, break the backs of every server ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Bahahaha

Chumpass Motherfucker with no balls posted:

[B#328] [06:30:03] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: DRAGONAPI: The line 'recipes.addShapeless(<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_compacts:3>,[<ExtraUtilities:bedrockiumIngot>]);' has been commented out of the Minetweaker script, as RotaryCraft has requested to disallow such actions. This is NOT a bug in either that mod or Minetweaker; do not bother StanHebben with it. You may ask the developer of RotaryCraft for further questions or to request a removal. Be civil.
[B#328] [06:30:03] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: DRAGONAPI: The line 'recipes.addShapeless(<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:33>,[<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:87>]);' has been commented out of the Minetweaker script, as RotaryCraft has requested to disallow such actions. This is NOT a bug in either that mod or Minetweaker; do not bother StanHebben with it. You may ask the developer of RotaryCraft for further questions or to request a removal. Be civil.
[B#328] [06:30:03] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: DRAGONAPI: The line 'recipes.addShapeless(<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:33>,[<Magneticraft:item.dust:4>]);' has been commented out of the Minetweaker script, as RotaryCraft has requested to disallow such actions. This is NOT a bug in either that mod or Minetweaker; do not bother StanHebben with it. You may ask the developer of RotaryCraft for further questions or to request a removal. Be civil.

Yep, really making Minetweaker the best it can be alright. Didn't know a modification was so sacred as to prevent a modification modification from modifying MY SPECIAL VISION modification.

It can't detect doing the exact same thing with a 1 RF recipe in the Pulveriser, so I just did that, suck it dooooooown Reika.

Double Suck it down: If you're reading this and honestly get salty enough over this to patch that out, I can just use Numina, as Claire is gonna give 0 fucks about your whining.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 17, 2015

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

StealthArcher posted:

Bahahaha

Yep, really making Minetweaker the best it can be alright. Didn't know a modification was so sacred as to prevent a modification modification from modifying MY SPECIAL VISION modification.

It can't detect doing the exact same thing with a 1 RF recipe in the Pulveriser, so I just did that, suck it dooooooown Reika.

Double Suck it down: If you're reading this and honestly get salty enough over this to patch that out, I can just use Numina, as Claire is gonna give 0 fucks about your whining.

That is completely idiotic - I'm amazed you're even bothering touching Rotarycraft with that kind of idiocy. I haven't ever had a modpack with it though to know if it's even the slightest bit fun though.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

That is completely idiotic - I'm amazed you're even bothering touching Rotarycraft with that kind of idiocy. I haven't ever had a modpack with it though to know if it's even the slightest bit fun though.

StealthArcher and OMP will touch and fix anything, whether they want us to or not.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Finally completed the Galactic Science pack. The secret to getting the Copernicum I needed to mass produce nether stars came from raw silicon. Fused Silicon = Nickel > Fused Nickel = Barium > Fused Barium = Copernicum. Everything else (Hydrogen, Helium, Carbon) was easy. The only difficult part was figuring out how to automate the Chemical Fusion Reactor since item insertion had no distinct left/right mechanic. The only thing which would work were Hyper-Rationing pipes. If you need to fuse two separate elements, you pull them from separate containers and use different pipe lengths to trick the system into staggering when they get inserted. When you need to fuse two of the same element, you pull them from the same container, but put the pipe in a spot where it connects to two separate faces of the multiblock structure so the game attempts two separate insertions of a solitary element. To get the finished compounds out, you pull from the bottom.

The entire process is incredibly janky and stupid. So, no different than any other aspect of modded minecraft.

The reward for finishing the game, well, lets just say I was more excited about the mod author leaving a pair of unprotected 'infinite' batteries in the end game area than I was in the final quest reward. They now power the Stargate network I built to connect all my bases.

The only quests I left untouched were the 3nd tier Solar Panel and the Star Harvester, because I found that both were completely worthless for late game power generation. By the end of Tier 1, I already had an infinite supply of sugar cane and Methyl Methacrylate being dumped into a Dimensional Chest. Pop one next to a Stirling Generator, set it to pull inventory from that side, and you can power any machine, anywhere.

Biggest complaints?

1) Why bother including solar at all. Without any real way to mitigate meteor damage, the few Tier 1 panels the game sees fit to reward you with have a life expectancy of about 12 in game hours. The only transparent block that can absorb a meteorite hit is Obsidian Glass, and guess what? Solar panels won't work beneath obsidian glass.

2) You can only pipe rocket fuel into a Fuel Loader using a thermal expansion pipe or a buildcraft pipe. Guess what this pack doesn't have. Enjoy fueling your rockets with bucket after bucket -- and sure hope you don't get hit by a meteorite while you are doing so.

3) Blood magic. Why is it even in this pack? You have no reason to touch it until the very end, and even then, it only serves to earn you a prize that is of little to no value. (Also, the mod author deserves a punch in the kidney for the Evolved Blaze Spawner they sealed in bedrock on the final map. I just built a big glass box around that bastard and filled it with water in order to get them to shut up and go away.)

Final thought?

gently caress meteors.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Are there any similar packs to Galactic Science on the technic launcher?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Magres posted:

i fail to see the problem

hell an SS13 minecraft thing actually sounds super fun, the only problem is that the atmo loop would, given how server crushing minecraft already is, break the backs of every server ever

Last time I played SS13 the atmo loop crushed it THERE, too.

Has anyone written a less horrifyingly-shittily-implemented SS13 yet? 'cos they should, I want to love that game but I can't get past the ridiculous wall of jank :(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
for cooking system chat, I'd recommend looking up don't starve's crockpot since it feels like cooking and gives a variety of possible results (certain ingrediant combinations have a probability of giving one thing or another)

Honestly though I kind of wish Minecraft could be modded to use its mob system, since that's pretty much the thing I like most about that game. You can tell where everything spawns and behave accordingly, not everything aggros you immediately so you don't have to fight 24/7 if you're cautious but nothing is going to passively let you farm it, and best of all there is a TON of interaction between mobs and instead of fighting often you can set mobs against each other. The game is kind of a slog but that ecosystem of its world is kinda brilliant.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
What packs are in vogue these days? looking for something I can sink some time into this weekend.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

axelsoar posted:

What packs are in vogue these days? looking for something I can sink some time into this weekend.

HQM Packs are fun :yaycloud:

Blightfall is good, revolves around thaumcraft
Regrowth revolves around agricraft/magic crops/botania and is grindy but i like it
Agrarian Skies 2 is kinda unfinished feeling but the quintessential experience
I have not tried Banished but heard decent things

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Glory of Arioch posted:

Regrowth revolves around agricraft/magic crops/botania and is grindy but i like it

What is good for techy stuff?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

axelsoar posted:

What is good for techy stuff?

as far as general purpose nonhqm packs go direwolf20 one is alright

it has a lot of tech mods, even ic2 :stonklol:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

as far as general purpose nonhqm packs go direwolf20 one is alright

it has a lot of tech mods, even ic2 :stonklol:

Or you can play OMPi and say gently caress you to IC2 and BC.

E:
And permissions, and visions and Minetweaker's idiocy, and other bullshit and tedium and and and...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

StealthArcher posted:

Or you can play OMPi and say gently caress you to IC2 and BC.

E:
And permissions, and visions and Minetweaker's idiocy, and other bullshit and tedium and and and...

trap sprung, got someone who actually knows about modern modpacks to weigh in

(i play like all hqm packs these days so i dont know poo poo :smithfrog:)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

got someone who actually knows about modern modpacks to weigh in

(i play like all hqm packs these days so i dont know poo poo :smithfrog:)
It's what I do, but yeah, Blightfall on your own, OMP for MP, there's a server thread in PGS.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 18, 2015

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

StealthArcher posted:

It's what I do, but yeah, Blightfall on your own, OMP for MP, there's a server thread in PGS.

Jesus, still going to be seeing that when the election is over, aren't I?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

Ag Skies 2 and Regrowth can both get pretty techy if you choose that direction. Regrowth is buildcraft/mekanism/railcraft thought which are mods people aren't super into nowdays but i've seen people make some really really cool machines in regrowth on youtube. Buildcraft can be janky and overly complicated but man does it have some really neat machines.

And yeah, as someone who only started modded minecraft a month and a halfish ago with Blightfall I find it really hard to play non HQM maps to give a little bit of direction and a goal. Though playing single player all the time sucks, a lot of these modpacks seem like they'd be better with a small group.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

So, uh...

When I try and load my world in baby's first space race, I manage to get in for less than a second, then the game closes itself and the technic launcher opens up again without an error message? Am I hosed? I was able to make a new world and play in that, but my old one won't work.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That happened to me too. I fiddled with settings, deleted and redownloaded it, fussed with the Java memory settings and rebooted my machine and it worked. No idea what actually helped.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I have no idea. I did not touch anything online yet. I was coming into the thread just to say I confirmed Bhodi's enrichment chamber bug, and I took a shot at monkeying with it.

Can you post the fml-client-latest log after it craps out on startup? The nature of that error should say a lot about what went wrong. If it's happened to two people, there's probably a naughty mod and I have to do a broader update than just update the quest book.

With Technic open, select the mod pack, go the modpack opens, and select to open the modpack's folder. From there, enter the logs directory and retrieve fml-client-latest.log. If it's particularly large and you can't interpret it, dump it up on pastebin or something.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ah, Regrowth, once again trying to gate mining stuff behind material hardness and forgetting that the Rod of the Shifting Crust/Equal Trade focus exists :smugdog:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

Ah, Regrowth, once again trying to gate mining stuff behind material hardness and forgetting that the Rod of the Shifting Crust/Equal Trade focus exists :smugdog:

Watch it get nerfed, forcing you to spend enchantment slots to upgrade its hardness.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

Is regrowth finished? seems cool but I hate mods updating and destroying everything

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Elswyyr posted:

Is regrowth finished? seems cool but I hate mods updating and destroying everything

yeah, according to the login splash it's finished

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why aren't many HQM modpacks on Technic

like someone's cloned Ag Skies 2 but the modpack's unavailable for download. i can see no sign of Banished or Galactic Science but i might just be retarded

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I've gotten a craving for some multiplayer modded Minecraft again. Anyone got some recommendations for pack and/or server? I was gonna give OMPi a shot but it's been consistently down all day.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I decided to fire up the AT launcher yesterday for some reason, and there's an interesting new HQM pack called Divergence. It claims to be inspired by Terrafirmacraft and Gregtech, so I imagine it's going to get grindy as gently caress at some point, but for now it's an interesting change of pace. They're using some mod I'm not familiar with to gate stuff behind quests super hard, to the point you can't even place blocks in the world if you haven't unlocked them. There's also hydration and encumbrance, but they seem pretty forgiving so far. Anyway, check it out if you've finished Blightfall and want something a bit different.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I have no idea. I did not touch anything online yet. I was coming into the thread just to say I confirmed Bhodi's enrichment chamber bug, and I took a shot at monkeying with it.

Can you post the fml-client-latest log after it craps out on startup? The nature of that error should say a lot about what went wrong. If it's happened to two people, there's probably a naughty mod and I have to do a broader update than just update the quest book.

With Technic open, select the mod pack, go the modpack opens, and select to open the modpack's folder. From there, enter the logs directory and retrieve fml-client-latest.log. If it's particularly large and you can't interpret it, dump it up on pastebin or something.

Thanks a lot for the response :shobon: The actual error log is way too huge for pastebin, apparently? it's 3 MB.

Here's the last few lines, and what looks like the important stuff: http://pastebin.com/sGsMd3bK

And here's the crash log, just in case? It looks like the same stuff: http://pastebin.com/8cAYqnFq

Also, if you made baby's first space race, thanks a lot! The technology mods are really a lot less intimidating when you know where to start.

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 18, 2015

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

like someone's cloned Ag Skies 2 but the modpack's unavailable for download. i can see no sign of Banished or Galactic Science but i might just be retarded

Because of drama. When you have half a dozen distribution methods available, you can go with the ones that work well, or you can go with the ones where your potential fanbase won't get drowned out by shrieking morons who continue to be outraged over made up bullshit. If you stick with FTB or Curse, then you get the added bonus of an echo chamber where at least half the people will agree with everything you say and do, no matter how bad the decision. If you want to appear to be neutral, then you use ATLauncher.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Wolfsbane posted:

I decided to fire up the AT launcher yesterday for some reason, and there's an interesting new HQM pack called Divergence. It claims to be inspired by Terrafirmacraft and Gregtech, so I imagine it's going to get grindy as gently caress at some point, but for now it's an interesting change of pace. They're using some mod I'm not familiar with to gate stuff behind quests super hard, to the point you can't even place blocks in the world if you haven't unlocked them. There's also hydration and encumbrance, but they seem pretty forgiving so far. Anyway, check it out if you've finished Blightfall and want something a bit different.

I liked the sound of this until the site mentioned its dungeons were made entirely out of unbreakable blocks. :smith:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

EricFate posted:

Because of drama. When you have half a dozen distribution methods available, you can go with the ones that work well, or you can go with the ones where your potential fanbase won't get drowned out by shrieking morons who continue to be outraged over made up bullshit. If you stick with FTB or Curse, then you get the added bonus of an echo chamber where at least half the people will agree with everything you say and do, no matter how bad the decision. If you want to appear to be neutral, then you use ATLauncher.

That whole drama thing has pretty much died down. FTB is just a worse launcher though, I wish that stuff would show up on Technic.

Otoh, no matter how I download a pack I always just end up putting it in multimc anyway.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I can't figure out why for the life of me that while Refuge downloaded, installed, and plays just fine on my Windows 10 desktop, every single attempt on my Windows 7 laptop fails. It will download and attempt to launch, and crash out apparently not finding FML according to the logs.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

taiyoko posted:

I can't figure out why for the life of me that while Refuge downloaded, installed, and plays just fine on my Windows 10 desktop, every single attempt on my Windows 7 laptop fails. It will download and attempt to launch, and crash out apparently not finding FML according to the logs.

Check and make sure your windows 7 system has 64 bit java installed and that the launcher is allowed to use at least 2 gigs of RAM.

Your Lottery
Apr 27, 2009

Wolfsbane posted:

I tried this a while back. It has a somewhat cool gating method (you need to complete quests to even be able to craft certain things - recipes are locked until you unlock that tech). Other than that, it is grindy as hell. For example, to make manasteel in botania, you don't use iron. You use mana-infused ingots. Mana-infused ingots are really rare: they seem more rare than diamonds in vanilla MC, yet botania is made assuming manasteel is common like iron. It also has terrible performance, as it is checking all the blocks for falling, etc. If one person is generating new chunks, everyone will be getting multi-second block lag that doesn't go away until the server restarts.

Basically, take everything you like about TFC and gregtech (if anything) and throw it away. What's left is divergence.

I guess it does have going for it that it doesn't actually include TFC or gregtech.

Your Lottery fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 18, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I am going to need thread help with this. I could not see a smoking fun. The log loaded Mekanism's config, and appears to be puking on an anvil, of all things.

Beekeeping and You posted:

Thanks a lot for the response :shobon: The actual error log is way too huge for pastebin, apparently? it's 3 MB.

Here's the last few lines, and what looks like the important stuff: http://pastebin.com/sGsMd3bK

And here's the crash log, just in case? It looks like the same stuff: http://pastebin.com/8cAYqnFq

Also, if you made baby's first space race, thanks a lot! The technology mods are really a lot less intimidating when you know where to start.
Thanks. Baby's First Space Race is my . . . baby. I have have had good luck with crash logs before but not this one. Did you have any anvils going on? Are you able to post the whole file somewhere? Google drive or something?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Looks like there are a bunch of HQM modpacks on ATLauncher. I noticed one of them has Grimoire of Gaia 3, and decided to go look that up to see how different it is from 2. It looks much improved! Most of the hostile mobs that spawned during the day are now "Assist" AI instead of Aggressive, which is great. You can actually walk around just fine during the day now, so long as you stay out of a few specific biomes. Specifically, ice plains, swamp, high altitudes, deserts, and roofed forests. Plains, jungle, tiaga and forest are fine. Also it looks like no GoG mobs spawn above sea level in an ocean biome so you can make a dark room there for vanilla-only mobs if you really want to.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I downloaded that AS2 port just fine the other week, unfortunately it appears to be the same version of it that a goon here added to Technic ~5 months ago. I gave in and downloaded the Curse voice piece of poo poo so I could play the most recent version of AS2. I can't find where this fricking thing put the files though so I had to start a new map instead of using my other one. Anyone have any idea where the Curse thing put everything? I'm okay with the new map but I'd like to tweak a few config files and I can't find them :(

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

BlueOccamy posted:

I downloaded that AS2 port just fine the other week, unfortunately it appears to be the same version of it that a goon here added to Technic ~5 months ago. I gave in and downloaded the Curse voice piece of poo poo so I could play the most recent version of AS2. I can't find where this fricking thing put the files though so I had to start a new map instead of using my other one. Anyone have any idea where the Curse thing put everything? I'm okay with the new map but I'd like to tweak a few config files and I can't find them :(

I don't know where it is, but if you open the settings in game, go to where you change the texture packs, it will have a button to open the folder where it keeps texture packs. From there, navigate up and you should have the root MC folder.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

BlueOccamy posted:

It's not hidden. Open the profile for AS2, then in the upper right, click the drop down menu, then click Open Folder.

If you open the Curse settings as well, and go to the Minecraft folder, you can define the exact path you want to use, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I am going to need thread help with this. I could not see a smoking fun. The log loaded Mekanism's config, and appears to be puking on an anvil, of all things.
Thanks. Baby's First Space Race is my . . . baby. I have have had good luck with crash logs before but not this one. Did you have any anvils going on? Are you able to post the whole file somewhere? Google drive or something?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Fvpm7g4L9JRlJ1ZkFqTlpQWFk/view?usp=sharing Here you are! I tried pasting it directly into googledocs, but it was so slow it froze my entire browser.

I did not have any anvils lying around; I'd just placed a tree planter because I wanted a shitton of charcoal for a nuclear reactor.