Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I wish studios like FUNImation would bring over lovely anime no one watches or cares just to make their own script.

I wish Funi would do more of the latter because it would justify how much of the former they invest money into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This reminds me of that time Woolie got mad when people said Aerith instead of Aeris and called them weeaboos.

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Tae posted:

I wish studios like FUNImation would bring over lovely anime no one watches or cares just to make their own script.

christ, this is about liam and woolie. This is not a general sub/dub discussion, stop trying to make it as such. None of your reasons are why they prefer subs.

Why don't you calm down, dude.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Man, why does Woolie care so much about whether or not Beginner's Guide is nonfiction?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because it's so real

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I don't know how someone can listen to Davey's speeches and think a real person talks like that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

its a christmas miracle

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't think Woolie is asking if there really is a person whose username is conveniently Coda who sent the real-life Davey Wreden a bunch of weird arthouse game alphas, but more that he's wondering if the game's events are self-referential. As in, if the meaning beneath the game's events apply directly to the real-life Davey. I don't think he's speculating on whether or not the game's events literally happened in real life.

Or maybe he is, I dunno, I skimmed the video because I've already watched another playthrough of the game (and I really liked it!).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 17, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes liam, save that dog residue!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Undertale part 6 is up on Vessel, just saying. (30 day free trial too)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Please stop tea bagging us cheap assholes with vessel stuff.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just realized, Pat is tsundere for Undertale. Work confirmed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ever since the switch to subs the only part of the plot to Dr I've followed is the terrible poo poo when woolie spills his salt shaker

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just wait for the last part and watch that because even without context it's insanely dumb.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reactions to the dog residue thing will never stop being funny :allears:

Part of me wishes Toby left a exploit to get the artifact in as he had a message prepped for it but dog residue is funnier so eh :v:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy gently caress, the new into for todays shitstorm is a goddamn work of art, a loving animated PAINTING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYmGXCvNjyY

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Boy that's an... uh... "Interesting" design choice for your enemy, game.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's pretty clever to have a games enemies just be super unsettling and bizarre instead of the usual gory business, or just some weirdo in a mask. I almost stopped watching the video because I was getting so creeped out.

I'm too much a puss to play that game but I'd love to find a full LP of it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Random aside but Liam's reading of onionsans lines is perfect. It's real good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Random aside but Liam's reading of onionsans lines is perfect. It's real good

yeah, it's my Big Favorite

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This might be one of the best shitstorm videos.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
How Matt and Liam figured out the piano puzzle.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I don't know why people wanted to see this, no offense to Matt but he's not at all the puzzle type so I'd rather them skip 20 minutes of trying to solve something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Al-Saqr posted:

I don't know why people wanted to see this, no offense to Matt but he's not at all the puzzle type so I'd rather them skip 20 minutes of trying to solve something.

because everyone went "oh you cheated and looked it up!" like it's impossible to figure out on your own or something

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I am totally not. There's only a few puzzle types I like doing or trying to figure out. This was not one of them. But Liam was really into it, and asked for the controller. It took 10 minutes, but he did it. It was almost 10 mins of silence, as he needed to hear the tones. So that's why I cut it, and apparently some people we're accusing us of cheating, even though I thought it was painfully obvious we were cutting for time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Music puzzles are Bad anyway

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I don't know what use there is even worrying about cheating on some random puzzle after you guys have already had the pacifist run-through explained to you anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Music puzzles are Bad anyway

I'm tone deaf so trying to solve those things drives me up the wall. At least these days you can usually just google the solution.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i know music so i did it first try......guess im just a superior gamer.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I am totally not. There's only a few puzzle types I like doing or trying to figure out. This was not one of them. But Liam was really into it, and asked for the controller. It took 10 minutes, but he did it. It was almost 10 mins of silence, as he needed to hear the tones. So that's why I cut it, and apparently some people we're accusing us of cheating, even though I thought it was painfully obvious we were cutting for time.

Next time replace the cut time with an equal amount of time of people trying and failing to do those slide puzzles like in RE4 and the Wind Waker cabana house. No one will ever complain again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Did they upload the same episode of MGS5 somehow? Serious case of deja vu

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah the music puzzle was painful for me, it makes sense since Toby is mostly a composer that he would put one in the game. He probably honestly thought it was a pretty simple puzzle. I'm legitimately impressed that Liam was able to solve it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's 8 notes :psyduck:

edit: vvv I can't read sheet music at all so v:v:v

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 18, 2015

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can barely read sheet music!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I kind of just gave up immediately and looked it up because for whatever reason the difference between the music box and the piano made the notes not sound right to me, so even though it's really pretty easy I just didn't feel like bothering.

It's also one of the first of multiple instances of that song in the game so I didn't have it committed to memory at that point, which I suppose is on purpose.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I dunno about you guys I just used my ears and solved it in 5 minutes. I'm super too cool for school.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just looked up the solution. I had no idea you had to put the umbrella on the statue until I watched the video yesterday.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Al-Saqr posted:

I dunno about you guys I just used my ears and solved it in 5 minutes. I'm super too cool for school.

You post in SA, you aren't cool. :colbert: Coolness invalidated.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I missed the umbrella, and thought it was the song from the previous screen. Turns out music puzzles are hard when you have the wrong song. Then I did it in five minutes on my second playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shindragon posted:

You post in SA, you aren't cool. :colbert: Coolness invalidated.

Matt is the coolest member of the group and he posts here.