Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Inside MMA
‏@InsideMMAaxstv
Despite earlier reports, Jaideep Singh NOT being considered for Fedor fight right now. Opponent still in the works for New Year's Eve..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Dude just came out dressed as a zombie jester, event already officially owns

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Pretty good fight from One FC. Skip to around 5 minutes for it to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFU4jRniML0

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Fighter gets knocked out in OneFC and passes out backstage. What happens next is one of the shitties stories i've read in a while

https://m.facebook.com/613408297/posts/10154368918868298/

quote:

Doctors of Public hospital arrived around 11am and get into a meeting with my cornermen. Announcing the CT scan should have been done as soon as possible after the fight, bleeding of the brain can be fatal after a KO) and that it has to be done asap but they have NO CT SCAN here. WTF!!!

quote:

My cornermen took the decision to transfer me to a private wing of the hospital without waiting for a reaction of OneC who is visibly not interested in my desperate situation (Most of the ONEC crew already flew back to Singapore, there is no OneC staff anymore in Indonesia)

I was transferred to the Emergency Room of the private wing at 12.30pm and the CT Scan was finally done at 3pm. More than 15H AFTER THE FIGHT...

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
pretty dope groupon going right now for wsof at foxwoods on saturday

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

write up on Fuji TV's new MMA news show.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub_2015/151013-370.html

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
1:55am timeslot for a 25 minute weekly digest show starring Takada is pretty rough, but at least it's support from a big channel instead of people paying for similar graveyard timeslots on the smallest channel, hard to imagine it changing anything in the public mindspace between now and the NYE superdisaster though

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
So apparently the rumours about Sakakibara's new promotion being funded by middle east oil money are wrong and they got the money from a pachinko company and a dotcom. Also, K-1 founder Kazuyoshi Ishii who was mobbed up as gently caress is involved and bringing in legit investors. He was really good at finding people who were popular with the TV crowd, they're looking at some women's amateur wrestler who's kind of famous apparently.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

So apparently the rumours about Sakakibara's new promotion being funded by middle east oil money are wrong and they got the money from a pachinko company and a dotcom. Also, K-1 founder Kazuyoshi Ishii who was mobbed up as gently caress is involved and bringing in legit investors. He was really good at finding people who were popular with the TV crowd, they're looking at some women's amateur wrestler who's kind of famous apparently.

Kaori Icho and Saori Yoshida are both multiple time gold medalists, and Yoshida was Japan's flag bearer in 2012. Could be one of them :shrug:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Kaori Icho and Saori Yoshida are both multiple time gold medalists, and Yoshida was Japan's flag bearer in 2012. Could be one of them :shrug:

I hope it's Yoshida, and that he's cornered by an extremely fat and visibly drunk Yoshida.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i am excited to see how fat and drunk yoshida can be

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Apparently Mayhem got arrested yet again, this time for assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/jason-mayhem-miller-back-in-jail-after-another-alleged-assault-on-police-officer

quote:

A press release from OCSD said officers heard a female screaming inside Miller’s house when they arrived. They then encountered an aggressive Miller, who reportedly threw a large ceramic tile at them and brandished a large fire extinguisher and metal pole before retreating to his backyard.

Officers shot Miller with a Taser, but the fight continued for eight minutes before he was subdued.

Edit: What is it with him trying to attack people with fire extinguishers? Didn't he do that when he wrecked a church a while back too? lol

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 17, 2015

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
at least he can still be proud that his reputation for being hard to sub is intact

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
news from the kickboxing illuminati regarding NYE: lots of lithuanian kickboxers you've never heard of that even the most hardcore of the kickboxing illuminati don't care about. if they're actually on the main NYE card and not one of the other two days i think it says bad things about the card quality unless their opponents are all massive stars somehow (they won't be because there aren't any massive stars anymore).

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Jon Fitch.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Jon Fitch gets paid in Bitcoins

https://www.inverse.com/article/7104-mma-welterweight-jon-fitch-fights-for-bitcoin-embraces-techno-feudalism

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

news from the kickboxing illuminati regarding NYE: lots of lithuanian kickboxers you've never heard of that even the most hardcore of the kickboxing illuminati don't care about. if they're actually on the main NYE card and not one of the other two days i think it says bad things about the card quality unless their opponents are all massive stars somehow (they won't be because there aren't any massive stars anymore).

how is this event supposed to make money? Is it not supposed to?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Do people from Indiana really just leave a bucket of eggs and an empty hat for money on their driveway

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Please be Konami.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bubba Smith posted:

They're working under the assumption that people will come to watch the fights regardless of who is on the card. With a bunch of no name fighters they can cheap out on the fight purses and keep more money off the gate.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

event sponsors from being on legitimate tv again and subsidy from fuji tv for programming on the biggest tv watching night of the year. the rear end absolutely fell out of fuji tv's new year's ratings in the past 10 years, going from quarter hour highs of 25% with yoshida fights to 3.3% with some anime movie last year. and the year before that was 2%. so they're ready to pay some real money as long as it improves their ratings. of course if it doesn't then this whole thing might just die on the vine, but they've been planning for a year and have some pachinko money behind them for the moment.

however, one of the reasons their ratings have declined is because there's a pernicious rumour that the station has been secretly taken over by koreans in the past couple of years (seriously). road fc are one of the promotions involved in the event but you probably won't see a lot of them or korean fighters front and centre as a result. it'll be really funny to me if the attempted pride (which was run by a korean born yakuza guy) revival is scuppered by a hatred of koreans who are actually japanese.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I learned about the Japanese hating Koreans because of Duncan. I thought they were making fun of Akiyama pretending to be Japanese and it was funny but then you explained hes not pretending, they're just really racist

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

I learned about the Japanese hating Koreans because of Duncan. I thought they were making fun of Akiyama pretending to be Japanese and it was funny but then you explained hes not pretending, they're just really racist

admittedly it cuts both ways, i married a korean and at age 30 she broke down in tears telling me of a time she visited the imperial palace museum as a teen and heard japanese people having fun there. it's really hosed up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the attempted pride (which was run by a korean born yakuza guy) revival is scuppered by a hatred of koreans who are actually japanese.

say what you will about criminal gangs but they came to the realisation a long, long time ago that anyone of any race can be a feared, violent lunatic and have been accepted as kin

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
WSOF prelims are on

http://livestream.com/intercast/events/4387048

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Is that Chael announcing?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is that Chael announcing?

Yea

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm very impressed that yushin got down to 170.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: one point for kneeing a guy on your back.

I like that Chael would have just taken the DQ.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

loving colton smith

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Desilva is a baby.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

i'm very impressed that yushin got down to 170.

he has a really bizarrely small waist for such a big guy. maybe he has fun size organs

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm really happy that colton is still an aggravating oval office to listen to and i still wish him harm

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he has a really bizarrely small waist for such a big guy. maybe he has fun size organs

i want to see what happens to his gas tank

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Almeida v Almeida

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

awesome mercy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That ref is bad.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

That ref is bad.

chael giving a verbal post-mortem on it though

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Starting the main card with a five-round title fight is an... interesting... move on WSoF's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
God dammit, I went into the kitchen to put pizza in the oven and missed the entire Magalhaes/Hammil fight