Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

For some reason when I start a level everything is fine but after awhile while playing the level my performance gets worse and worse.

I even tried just standing in one place in a level and around 5-10 minutes later performance gets worse for seemingly no reason. Not a huge issue since it's beta but man, it's sad I can't enjoy it right now.

Sounds like a memory leak. How much RAM do you have?

Anyone tried running this on an i5 2500k (4 cores, 3.3 Ghz) and can report how well it performs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Doing better than a dev feels pretty good. :smug:

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Anyone tried running this on an i5 2500k (4 cores, 3.3 Ghz) and can report how well it performs?

6gb however it only seems to happen on the horn of magnus level. The other 2 levels are fine.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It runs perfectly fine on my i5 2500k on medium settings at 1900x1080, generally rock solid 60 FPS dropping a little tiny bit during particularly huge swarms. It chugs unplayably hard if I turn the settings above the medium profile, but that might be due to only having 8 GB of RAM or having an older video card(Radeon HD 6970).

The biggest performance hit I've noticed is if you stare directly at someone firing black powder weapons, especially the dual pistol spam, the smoke and particles from the gunfire will absolutely crush your FPS into the dirt. It's not just me, either; my friends with monster rigs have the same problem happen. It doesn't seem to affect the person firing the weapons, just if you look at them while they're being fired.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone had any issues with the online tonight? My friends and I keep dropping from eachothers games and are unable to rejoin them, and our net is fine.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I've had my game start crashing a whole lot from engine and script errors. Never had any problems in past betas.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm hoping that they add in steam trading fo weapons cause that would be pretty neat to be able to trade blues you don't give a poo poo about for blues for a class you play

Also the staff for the Brightwizard that makes me shoot super fast and basically makes me a badguy from DBZ is pretty great

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

Doing better than a dev feels pretty good. :smug:

98 kills? Did you die in the spawn?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

terrorist ambulance posted:

98 kills? Did you die in the spawn?

There were "speedrunning" the sewer level when I joined in.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Kanos posted:

The biggest performance hit I've noticed is if you stare directly at someone firing black powder weapons, especially the dual pistol spam, the smoke and particles from the gunfire will absolutely crush your FPS into the dirt. It's not just me, either; my friends with monster rigs have the same problem happen. It doesn't seem to affect the person firing the weapons, just if you look at them while they're being fired.

I've got an i7-4770k, 16gb ram, and a gtx780, which while not a crappy computer is not a "monster rig", and I haven't seen any slowdown at all ever on 1920x1080 at high settings

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Queued up for a game and joined in progress for a game two seconds before they finished. Got full exp and item roll for it!

To counterbalance that all I got was my sixth wizard staff. I melted down a bunch of excess stuff to make a green and got another wizard's staff.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

terrorist ambulance posted:

I've got an i7-4770k, 16gb ram, and a gtx780, which while not a crappy computer is not a "monster rig", and I haven't seen any slowdown at all ever on 1920x1080 at high settings

Next time you play, have a witch hunter friend just start rapid firing his pistols and stare directly at the smoke clouds they produce. Every friend I've played with complains the game's FPS drops through the floor when they do that and it immediately stops once the firing stops.

I'm curious what might be causing it, like if it's a specific video setting or something.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone know what the Luck stat does? Just found a trinket with it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Playing this game has let me know my processor is definitely dying, as it lags on my I5-4670k. I've got friends with way slower CPU's that can run it fine.

Time to shell out for a new processor I guess :negative:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

ankle posted:

Anyone know what the Luck stat does? Just found a trinket with it.

There are two theories so far.

1. It makes your dice roll better for loot.

2. It affects a general 'luck' value your team has, which is what determines how much items you find, how many specials spawn, etc. Cursed Dice lower your luck.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
New thread titles:

Vermintide: We all die die now.

Vermintide: KILL THAT HOOKER

Vermintide: I thought the elf was a rat!

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
Played a game on cataclysm and was promptly killed by my own team when a hookrat got me and they all opened up with ranged fire attempting to save me.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I keep trying to shoot the dwarf.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
The elf's floofy scarf or whatever confuses my simple brain and I keep thinking he's a rat. I'm not the only one because occasionally after a large battle I've seen my teammates take a swipe at them.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Red Mundus posted:

The elf's floofy scarf or whatever confuses my simple brain and I keep thinking he's a rat. I'm not the only one because occasionally after a large battle I've seen my teammates take a swipe at them.

I confuse the dwarf for a rat all the drat time.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Pubbies are generally so bad that it's actually easier to do Hard with bots. Did Horn of Magnus with one grimoire and only bots, went just fine. Try that with pubbies and you'll wipe before reaching the rooftops.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

A lot of fantasy racists in this thread who literally can't tell the difference between any non-human races.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Also I decided to see what the mini for an elf waywatcher is in Warhammer and they're basically wearing thong bikinis with their tits hanging out. First time a video game actually dialed back the sexualization of some established bit of fiction I think.

Anyway pretty fun game. Hopefully we get some weird and fun DLCs in the future for characters from all sorts of races. Would love to have a necromancer or orc character.

I'll watch the ways, you watch my sexy titties.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 18, 2015

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
This is my Profile, btdubs

Hope to play some games w/ goons soon.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

sirtommygunn posted:

A lot of fantasy racists in this thread who literally can't tell the difference between any non-human races.

I mistake the human for a rat sometimes too.

Nothing is safe.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

You can set it so allied outlines are on all the time so you never mistake your little dwarf buddy for a disgusting rat monster ever again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Another thing I love is that melee weapons stick a bit when you hit a target. L4D weapons just sliced through the air regardless of context.
Big loving hammer to a rat's face and it embeds in a little.
:feelsgoodman:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kanos posted:

You can set it so allied outlines are on all the time so you never mistake your little dwarf buddy for a disgusting rat monster ever again.

Uh dwarfs are disgusting rat monsters anyway so :shrug:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Uh dwarfs are disgusting rat monsters anyway so :shrug:

"HA! Small, smelly and dirty, just like a dwarf!". Been using that one for 200 years now and it still never gets old...

Also, I think I just found our getaway coach in the Total War: Warhammer thread, which explains a lot.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Decided to get in on this earlier today. Has anyone else had problems with the bots getting stuck? Like, they refuse to move unless I go waaay ahead of where they get stuck at. I think that behavior contributed to my final wipe of the night attempting to run the Horn solo. On easy :(.

That aside, is there any substantial difference between playing (for example) the witchhunter with the 2H sword and a crossbow vs. the dwarf with one of his 2H weapons and his crossbow? I like the witchhunter's style and the idea of the rapier is pretty drat rad, but it just isn't working all that well in practice.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
2H axes and hammers play differently than swords, mostly due to axes and hammers focusing on high, single target damage as opposed to the greatsword's sweeping horizontal swings.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
But the two handed hammers and axes get armor-piercing attacks even on the basic strikes, which makes more than up for the smaller hit area on single strike, especially on the hammer with which you can still sweep large areas with the charged attack.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Lassitude posted:

Anyway pretty fun game. Hopefully we get some weird and fun DLCs in the future for characters from all sorts of races. Would love to have a necromancer or orc character.

I really don't see those two particulars working background-wise. You put a WHFB Orc and a Dwarf into the same room and at most one of them is going to walk out of there alive. And a Necromancer would trigger a full-on KILL WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE reaction from any of the current characters. The Witch Hunter in particular. Seriously, WHFB necromancers are bad news. The closest we could ever get in that direction would be an Amethyst Wizard/Death Mage.

Inzombiac posted:

Another thing I love is that melee weapons stick a bit when you hit a target. L4D weapons just sliced through the air regardless of context.
Big loving hammer to a rat's face and it embeds in a little.
:feelsgoodman:

This can also gently caress you over. Line up a perfect heavy swing with a two-hander on a group without spotting the Stormvermin in the middle? His armor will block your swing the moment you hit him and abort the rest of the motion.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Magni posted:

I really don't see those two particulars working background-wise. You put a WHFB Orc and a Dwarf into the same room and at most one of them is going to walk out of there alive. And a Necromancer would trigger a full-on KILL WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE reaction from any of the current characters. The Witch Hunter in particular. Seriously, WHFB necromancers are bad news. The closest we could ever get in that direction would be an Amethyst Wizard/Death Mage.

Dwarves and Elves hate each other plenty too. I'm sure they can write in a plausible Orc character (that will be hilarious too). A necromancer is probably a stretch though... don't even see how summoning undead would really help or work in the game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kill the elf bitch.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I guess the most likely character additions would be a warrior priest and some other type of wizard, right? What about other non-human races? Are elves and dwarves the only ones likely to lend a hand during the ratpocalypse?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just want an Orc because Warhammer Orcs are wonderful. :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saurus. Just this incredibly out of place giant aztec dinosaur.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Mordja posted:

I guess the most likely character additions would be a warrior priest and some other type of wizard, right? What about other non-human races? Are elves and dwarves the only ones likely to lend a hand during the ratpocalypse?

Technically, in the End Times the loving Vampire Counts ended up on the "good" side, so I guess you could do a vampire or necromancer of some sort and have it not be totally lore-inappropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Kanos posted:

Technically, in the End Times the loving Vampire Counts ended up on the "good" side, so I guess you could do a vampire or necromancer of some sort and have it not be totally lore-inappropriate.

Your getaway driver is probably a Vampire , which raises the bigger question of who the gently caress IS that innkeeper guy? I bet he could hire an Orc merc, or maybe even a lizardman. I don't really care much for lore accuracy, all the End Times books were pretty stupid so having a merry band of an Elf, Dward, Orc, Lizardman, and Witch Hunter all working together to krump more Skaven is fine with me.

• Locked thread