Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Need a status report chinatown, did that guy actually find it or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
It's still gone, guys.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Definitely still gone guys.

Also that story sounds like bullshit.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Chinatown posted:

Definitely still gone guys.

Also that story sounds like bullshit.

They did become skellytons really fast didnt they?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
did that boy shoot down the plane?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

They did become skellytons really fast didnt they?

Yeah, I seriously doubt this. Bodies don't decompose into skeletons this fast, and if scavengers had picked at them then they also wouldn't be described as "skeletons" since a lot of the bones would have been moved/missing.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I hope he found a different plane that no one even knew was missing.

OH! Or its a plane full of skeletons , but they are a from a race of skeletons, not dead people.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I hope he found a different plane that no one even knew was missing.

OH! Or its a plane full of skeletons , but they are a from a race of skeletons, not dead people.

Remember, class. Just because they're skeletons doesn't mean they're already dead. Did this kid just jack a tourist load of innocent skellingtons?

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I like how even the news services are no longer willing to really commit to this.

One day Reuters is going to report it found, for real, beyond a doubt. I personally won't believe it until Chinatown confirms.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I was eaten by a giant sea trout

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Still gone guys

quote:

However, Captain Giovanni Carlo Bacordo, the commander of Naval Task Force 61 in the Philippines, told Malaysia's The Star Online that suggestions that the wreckage may have been from MH370 were not true.

"We deployed a gunboat there because of the news. We interviewed the people at the Sugbay Island, the fishermen, but they have no knowledge about it," he said.

"Even the people residing in the island for the longest time have no knowledge of this."

A senior Philippines police official told The Straits Times that there had been no reports of any aircraft crashing on any of their islands

He said if any aircraft had "gone down in our area there would have been alerts from civil aviation authorities".

"To date, there has been none," he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/plane-wreck-in-philippines-containing-skeleton-not-mh370-authorities-say-20151012-gk7j71.html

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

You were? Did it hurt?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/10/13/a-dutch-report-will-say-what-downed-mh17-it-wont-blame-the-russians/

Still gone

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

so a gnarly trout then

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Another MH370 theory. It was a transformer that turned into a truck and did this:

https://youtu.be/gv9lSQyH9mU?t=27s

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vxL1rK58MA

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I found the plane but I'm not tellin'

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

smoobles posted:

I found the plane but I'm not tellin'

Butttt mooooommmm

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Flying to Denver today. Spirit airlines. DFW to Colorado.

Hope this flight goes better than the 12 torture of my flight to Japan.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

why would you fly spirit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

smoobles posted:

why would you fly spirit

Because it was cheap. I packed light. It all worked out. If I had more, or it were a longer flight I wouldn't have gambled.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

doesn't spirit charge you for carry ons so it ends up being similar price to an airplane whose seats aren't falling apart, and aren't full of ads

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you fly spirit to get a jumpstart on the seance after your plane disappears forever

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Seems like a bulk shipment of Li-ion batteries is the most likely, realistic cause here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/15/the-deadly-cargo-inside-mh370-how-exploding-batteries-explain-the-mystery.html

(plane still gone tho)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

smoobles posted:

doesn't spirit charge you for carry ons so it ends up being similar price to an airplane whose seats aren't falling apart, and aren't full of ads

So long as it doesn't have wheels, you can bring a backpack/laptop bag. I managed to get two days or clothes safely packed without stuffing the thing.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i would rather crash into the ocean amid global outrage and uncertainty than fly spirit airlines again

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Happy Friday yall. We made it.

Still gone guys.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Still gone guys.

Sure does take a lot of energy to keep us up to date. Can we send you some high-capacity lithium ion batteries for a boost?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Chinatown posted:

Still gone guys.

Not everyone made it, you insensitive rear end :mad:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm watching a nova episode on 370 and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna know where the plane went at the end

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I have some bad news

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Silly russians, you can't land in the Sinai.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
That plane isn't gone though, they found it.

boring

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

smoobles posted:

Yes. $50/carry on iirc

Didn't this plane have black boxes with location devices?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

airplanes should stream data it's 2015 :/

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

use the same tech as in flight wifi so customers benefit too even if they don't die

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I bookmarked this thread eagerly waiting for it to go down a few more pages before asking if the plane was missing still.

NOPE RUSSIA HAD TO GO AND RUIN EVERYTHING.

Did they find the plane at least?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Edgar posted:

Silly russians, you can't land in the Sinai.

what a strange trick

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That's what you call Karma for the Russians shooting down that other plane (that was also found quickly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

That's what you call Karma for the Russians shooting down that other plane (that was also found quickly)

That's a really idiotic line of thought. The people on that plane didn't have anything to do with the shootdown. I guess 9/11 was karma for Iran Air 655? Or a U.S. crash that happened soon after?

• Locked thread