Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This has been a weird night for Peridot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I have no idea where this is going but it's off to a good start.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This has been a weird night for Peridot.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Y-you're having a nightmare, Peridot, go back to bed.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
And it started so well, too.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I just looked at the first page of the update again, the Toriel slippers look like they got a bit worried.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
For some reason I think Peridot scooping a little magic star out of the big magic star on her broomstick is really cute.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pyroi posted:

I just looked at the first page of the update again, the Toriel slippers look like they got a bit worried.

They don't see nearly enough snails being used.

Glenn Zimmerman
Apr 9, 2009
I

This can't be real.

The Mentalizer posted:

So this means he baked all the poo poo in the chest with the letter, right?

This isn't happening.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Glenn Zimmerman posted:

I

This can't be real.

This isn't happening.

http://ask.fm/gigideegee/answer/132091644386
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-587/

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Man, he made macarons too? That poo poo's hard to get right!

Truly we are dealing with someone on another level...

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

I knew it.

Also, I think it's hilarious that the Steven Universe weirdos managed to annoy her enough to need a rule.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

I like how the text at the bottom of the page here straight up tells you that NK made all those cakes, but it seems like its just referring to the presentation at the time. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The chest has Nitenite's loving galaxy texture! :vince:

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Tupperwarez posted:

Man, he made macarons too? That poo poo's hard to get right!

Truly we are dealing with someone on another level...

He has had 500,000 years to perfect his recipe.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Why are people giving gigi poo poo about Steven Universe? Is she on the artboard or sommat?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

WarpedNaba posted:

Why are people giving gigi poo poo about Steven Universe? Is she on the artboard or sommat?

She said she didn't like it a couple times and joked about how the show doesn't even pronounce peridot right. The internet being the internet disagreed and it's escalated from there.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

People thought it that she would love it if she watched it, and wouldn't shut up about telling her to. Also, there is a character in each who has the same name but is pronounced differently.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's true, the show doesn't pronounce Peridot right. I stand with Gigi

It's good tho

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Jesus. If I ever become net famous, I am never telling anyone about my personal preferences. Only mild opinions, like how the right wing must be eliminated and destroyed before there can be peace on Earth. That kinda thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So basically it's the same as people pestering Gigi to go back to hiimdaisy until she swore never to speak its name again?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

havenwaters posted:

She said she didn't like it a couple times and joked about how the show doesn't even pronounce peridot right. The internet being the internet disagreed and it's escalated from there.

How bad did it actually get? Maybe I'm underestimating things, but past events seem to indicate GiGi is pretty easy to piss off.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

She has bad fans and it is tragic.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Neo_Crimson posted:

How bad did it actually get? Maybe I'm underestimating things, but past events seem to indicate GiGi is pretty easy to piss off.

Nah Gigi just had a big ego but there are lovely people on the internet that don't know when to let something go.

Like persona 4 comics

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I think I remember hearing her say that she likes Steven Universe! She just doesn't think it's absolutely perfect, which doesn't fly that well when it comes to the internet.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

People thought it that she would love it if she watched it, and wouldn't shut up about telling her to. Also, there is a character in each who has the same name but is pronounced differently.

Actually I'm pretty sure Gigi does watch and like Steven Universe. She made a couple tweets about things she didn't like in it though. (Also a lot of joke complaints about "Peridot" pronunciation.) So people started getting real scared that a person they liked didn't like a show as much as they liked it, and started barraging her with asks about the show that were a mix of sincere questions, trolls, jokes, and everything else. She got tired of the gag it pretty quickly.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I guess the Bronies finally migrated somewhere else

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Pastrymancy posted:

I guess the Bronies finally migrated somewhere else

Damnit, I thought I had that paperwork shredded.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

WarpedNaba posted:

SU fans can get really creepy, like all fans of things aimed at children.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

They like a thing and that's not good enough. Everyone must also enjoy it too.

It's the current Dark Souls/Undertale as of right now. Something else will come up next and we'll do this same song and dance over that too.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I was kinda hoping that Gigi was on the art board of something big. Girl deserves her props.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Gigi has a sort of snarky, sarcastic sense of humor (at least on her twitter and ask.fm thing), which some people are utterly incapable of dealing with (the normal thing with sarcasm on the Internet). I think this explains like 95+% of cases of random people getting worked up about something she says. She's gone so far as to pin a disclaimer message on her twitter, which, I'm sure, none of the people who get all upset about random tweets ever bother to read.

In any case, page 681 is hilarious.

Poor Nightmare Knight, can't even relax and bake things without somebody's minion coming and bothering him.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WarpedNaba posted:

I was kinda hoping that Gigi was on the art board of something big. Girl deserves her props.

Does Shantae: Half-Genie Hero count?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-681/

He looks so embarrassed.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fecha posted:

He's lost control of his life.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the ritual to summon Nightmare Knight just conveniently includes a note to summon him to Caketown first.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I'm loving this scene so much, I think this is probably my favourite page in the entire comic.

I can't get over how he sounds like such a dad, asking Peridot what she's doing up so late and getting her a snack even!!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Peridot has awesome foster parents.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
I like to think that NK has two shelves of cookies: one for guests (chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, etc.) and one for pests (tranquilizer, strychnine, zombie powder, etc.)

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Aah he has a winking bunny on his apron :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This is it.

This is the best Cucumber Quest page.