Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Bape Culture posted:

By drive in anger I just mean what's it like to push on with? Is it sketchy on the limit or is it pretty progressive and forgiving?
Do a burnout you nice lifed son of a bitch 😁

I knew what you meant :)

Still in the break-in period (just got the 500 mile oil change service today), so not abusing it yet, but I get that these things aren't delicate flowers so I've opened it up a couple times.

Mostly on the b-line highway.

I've not spent enough time over 5k RPMs to really answer your question about the limits, but soon.

It accelerates so quick that it's actually, truly, a little terrifying.

I'm not the person who gets into a sports car and assumes that I'm not subjected to the laws of physics, so I'm getting a better feel for the car's dynamics as I push it a little harder day-to-day. I don't want to be "that guy" that snap-oversteers his way into a barricade because he was trying to burn-out at a cars and coffee.

At some point I'll take it out to am empty spot on the reservation and turn off traction control, get a good burnout out of my system. Until then, I'll just scare myself in 3rd gear.

Blame Pyrrhus fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu
Got a new daily!
Volvo XC60 D4, i looove it!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is that a self serve car wash bay? It looks so different compared to the ones in the US, which look like this:

Where 4 or more of the 10 wash modes never work.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Linux Nazi posted:

One week in with a car that's too good for me. Still amazed.

I wonder how long I'll be parking it gently caress-far from everything else. It takes forever to get back to it, but at least the view is nice on the walk there?

I thought that was an LFA for a second.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

bugzrrad posted:

because why not

Both?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Got my carrousel pic through hooray

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Fuckin hell that's nice

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Forza graphics are getting pretty good

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I did a thing, AI!

That's not my house, but that's definitely my Maverick. 1974 2-door, 250 w/C4. It isn't quick but good god it's lovely. Got a sick deal, came from a guy who restored it with his son. Came with a stack of receipts, maintenance logs, all the original paperwork, even the original title.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

H2SO4 posted:

I did a thing, AI!

That's not my house, but that's definitely my Maverick. 1974 2-door, 250 w/C4. It isn't quick but good god it's lovely. Got a sick deal, came from a guy who restored it with his son. Came with a stack of receipts, maintenance logs, all the original paperwork, even the original title.

Ho Lee gently caress thats awesome. It looks brand new.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Fart Pipe posted:

Ho Lee gently caress thats awesome. It looks brand new.

You have no idea. It's been garaged in the south most of its life so there's only one rust spot on her and it's all good metal. Brand new vinyl roof which I was expecting to dislike but actually turned out really digging. I'll get some interior pictures tomorrow, it's in fantastic shape as well.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

bugzrrad posted:

because why not

:heysexy:

Not Featured: The mismatched center caps on the other side.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

H2SO4 posted:

I did a thing, AI!

Yes! We have one of those as well. It's the wife's 1970 model. Here it is with the BGT, prior to its impending updates. You've got a great looking car there- love the color!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Never mind, I'm dumb and thought the maverick was a ford. I'm bad at cars.

EDIT: that maverick is a ford? I'm so confused now.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 15, 2015

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Elmnt80 posted:

Yes it's a Ford.

The US got that. Oz got a rebadged Nissan Patrol. Europe got a rebadged Nissan econobox suv of some kind. Later a rebadged Escape.

Man that Mav looks amazing. Really jealous. My parents had the exact one in blue when I was growing up. I'm resigned to buy one. Some day.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 15, 2015

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

jhcain posted:

Yes! We have one of those as well. It's the wife's 1970 model. Here it is with the BGT, prior to its impending updates. You've got a great looking car there- love the color!

Thanks, you've got a couple of beauties yourself! I do love the skinny bumpers on the earlier models, the black color works really well against the blue on yours too.

I rebuilt a '71 grabber with my dad when I was about 12 so I've got an affinity for them. Certainly didn't help that his was a totally insane dragster build with double barrel carbs sticking straight through the hood. I'll have to ask for some pictures of that monster.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

H2SO4 posted:

Thanks, you've got a couple of beauties yourself! I do love the skinny bumpers on the earlier models, the black color works really well against the blue on yours too.

I rebuilt a '71 grabber with my dad when I was about 12 so I've got an affinity for them. Certainly didn't help that his was a totally insane dragster build with double barrel carbs sticking straight through the hood. I'll have to ask for some pictures of that monster.

That Maverick looks better in pictures than in real life - the black bumpers are coming off to get rechromed, and the hood will be replaced with a Grabber unit. The Maverick is a good looking little car - yours looks terrific, just the way I'd want one (but I do prefer the skinny bumpers), but the wife has other color options in mind for hers when it gets to be that time. Looking forward to seeing more of your green car, and hearing of your adventures. Ours (hers) has a 200 and a 3 speed - previous owner relocated it from the column to the floor, and it's hilarious to drive... I think 2nd is... yeah over there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

H2SO4 posted:

I did a thing, AI!

unbelievable find. One day me and you are gonna have to race.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Linux Nazi posted:

How can I be angry? The first thing the gf did when she saw the car was strike a silly pose...

That ring and that shoe touching the paint are giving me serious anxiety. :ohdear:
Then again, so is that Kate Spade on the ground. :gay:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bape Culture posted:

Got my carrousel pic through hooray

Fuuuuuuck

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Linux Nazi posted:

How can I be angry? The first thing the gf did when she saw the car was strike a silly pose...

Does your gf not complain about having to get in and out of such a low car? Or is that just something women who need to exercise more complain about?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That ring and that shoe touching the paint are giving me serious anxiety. :ohdear:
Then again, so is that Kate Spade on the ground. :gay:

I was about to say.. is she wearing rings while touching your car? Sever.

davebo posted:

Does your gf not complain about having to get in and out of such a low car? Or is that just something women who need to exercise more complain about?

Mine never complains about it. Only old people and fatties have issues with low height vehicles (barring some kind of legit medical issue I guess).

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

davebo posted:

Chubby chaser spotted

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It's just... So... Green.

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014
Pretty atrocious phone quality pic, but I like getting shots of my comparatively beater M5 next to all the new german metal I share parking lots with.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Elmnt80 posted:

Oh, it was also the Mercury Comet, too.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

MortLansky posted:

Pretty atrocious phone quality pic, but I like getting shots of my comparatively beater M5 next to all the new german metal I share parking lots with.

In 10 years it'll be worth more than either of those cars

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

davebo posted:

I'll be the one complaining long before she does.

MortLansky posted:

Post more pics! I've not seen many older M5s.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

MrYenko posted:

It's just... So... Green.

You have no idea.

Shoutout to the AM radio and factory installed separate FM transmitter below. I've even got the original box and manuals for that puppy. The black line on the seat is an audio cable that'll be getting routed properly. Thing's got some wear but it's really in fantastic shape.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MortLansky posted:

E28 :circlefap:

It looks so tiny compared to those newer cars and goddamn that's rare as poo poo.

How'd you end up with it?

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

H2SO4 posted:

You have no idea.

(awesomeness)

Avocado!

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

E28 :circlefap:

It looks so tiny compared to those newer cars and goddamn that's rare as poo poo.

How'd you end up with it?

Found it here: http://bringatrailer.com/2013/10/16/seller-submission-1988-bmw-m5/

Here's a slightly better glamour shot from when I first picked it up:

After a road trip up the Maine coast last year:

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Question: Should i go back to stock wheels or keep the PlastiDip?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Leave it, or take it off and get some proper black paint on them. Looks good like that (and depending on how thick the dip was applied it can be really difficult to remove).

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
They were pretty dirty then, and confession time: they are stock now. Took a pressure washer and some Goo Gone to get the Dip off. Want to go back to matte black though. Not sure of the method for painting them. Google will be done to determine the method that best fits. I do have 4 rattle cans of Dip though that are itching to have a go.

Stock

Jebediah fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 16, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

davebo posted:

Once she figured out the 'leg swing', no. If she can't figure that out, you might have to suffer with her not going commando.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Jebediah posted:

They were pretty dirty then, and confession time: they are stock now. Took a pressure washer and some Goo Gone to get the Dip off. Want to go back to matte black though. Not sure of the method for painting them. Google will be done to determine the method that best fits. I do have 4 rattle cans of Dip though that are itching to have a go.

Stock

Personally, I like silver vs black on red cars. Sets it off more.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Out with the old:

And in with the new:

In spirit of the thread title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtmDdyMqo8

The offending vehicle is a 2015 F150 Supercab 4x2 with the 3.5L Ecoboost an E-Locker and 3.55s. It weighs 4500lbs wet. Something this heavy should not be this fun.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Where'd you get the decal, and do they have them in a smaller size?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

H2SO4 posted:

You have no idea.

Shoutout to the AM radio and factory installed separate FM transmitter below. I've even got the original box and manuals for that puppy. The black line on the seat is an audio cable that'll be getting routed properly. Thing's got some wear but it's really in fantastic shape.

Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :circlefap: