Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is the game down is it just me? I can't login... I don't think I have my password wrong but it won't even email me a password reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Apparently the Eugen Auth servers are down.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Mukip posted:

The Smerch, B-5 and Buratino are getting availability nerfs.
How will I now introduce all the enemies to the glory of Juche? :(

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's with the hate against boats?

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Tab8715 posted:

What's with the hate against boats?

Because they were a poorly implemented addition to the game that doesn't scale well with the rest of the units.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mukip posted:

Now tell me what the good news is

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mukip posted:

Yeah because Pact is just too good right now

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there an actual unit guide someplace? I've read through the 200-page intro but aside from going through the entire list which ones stand out more than others?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Tab8715 posted:

Is there an actual unit guide someplace? I've read through the 200-page intro but aside from going through the entire list which ones stand out more than others?

Every nation has its own standout units, so to keep it simple--

Tanks: Take at least a card each in the ~60pt bracket, ~80-90pt bracket, and the >150pt bracket. These are your 'reserve' tanks (Leopard 1A5s, M1s, T-72As and T-80s), your main battle tanks (Leopard 2, M1IP, T-72B1) and your heavy hitting prototypes (Leopard 2A5, M1A2, T-72BU). I usually take as many cards of tanks as I can, at the highest vet possible.

Support: Take a card of AA guns (Gepard A1, PIVADS, Biryusa), a card of quality long range radar AA (Roland 3, Patriot, BUK M1) and a card of infrared AA (Chapparals, Strela-10M or Tunguska). Artillery is up to you, I say take at least a team of light mortars such as Vasileks or LAV-M so that you can use smoke or provide quick suppression.

Infantry: Everyone has different opinions about this. If you dont know what to take, take two cards of line infantry in cheap transports, a card of the best MANPADS and a card of the best ATGM squad.

Recon: Take an exceptional optics helicopter, exceptional optics ground unit, recon infantry in helicopter; then fill out the other two slots with cheaper ground recon vehicles.

After that you can take whatever, but I would say that the most important thing is to have the best tank cards, have enough AA, have good recon, and have mortars, in that order. The tank cards I mentioned should do you fine.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Do vehicles with 1 armor still take 4x damage? If so, get a card of assault infantry in the fastest moving vehicle with 2+ frontal armor on it. If not then I don't know what the gently caress. It's been ages since I've played this game.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Nah, that got taken out very early in red dragon.

EDIT:
1AV is just bullet resistant however. It provides no reduction against standard HE or AP. 0AV is double damage IIRC.

Shanakin fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 12, 2015

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Any decent collection of the projected patch notes or the full map list yet? I really don't want to go back to those forums.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

For tanks, you want as many top-ends as you can get your hands on and then some medium-heavies. Cheap tanks like the Leopard 1A5 and T-72A don't cut it anymore; they get wrecked by heavies and they get wrecked by 90's infantry. The lowest level Soviet tank I use is the T-72B1 for 85pts, you can get 14-18 of them with two cards so there's really no need for reserve tanks. Likewise I don't go below the level of M1IP, K1 etc for Bluefor. Tanks are for killing tanks. If you need infantry support buy a 15-point SU-122-54 or an IFV something.

For AA you need two sorts of things to defend your expensive tanks: Long range AA for killing planes, and long range AA for killing attack choppers. Especially for planes, you'd like to stun them before they launch their missiles at your tanks. AA guns are okay are killing planes and choppers but they lack the range to stop them carrying out their attacks, so you are better off using Buk/Tunguska or Patriot/Chaparrel. Since your vehicle AA will be targeted constantly then infantry LAAD are okay as an insurance policy for short periods while you bring reinforcements on.

For your own part, take as many good anti-tank AGM planes as your deck allows and maybe some SEAD. Heavy tanks dominate every fight and the easiest way to get rid of them is a side shot from a missile. If your opponent has a pair of M1A2 or T-72BU then feel free to trade a pair of planes to kill them.

'Very good' topics are acceptable for helo and ground units. The best recon for getting eyes on the opponent without dying are 10-man recon hiding in a bush, especially if they have a Carl Gustav, since they won't die to a single shot from a heavy tank if they get spotted. Cheap 'good' recon like the BRDM-2 are acceptable for keeping eyes on the flanks.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

OctaMurk posted:

After that you can take whatever, but I would say that the most important thing is to have the best tank cards, have enough AA, have good recon, and have mortars, in that order. The tank cards I mentioned should do you fine.
I'd add in 3 km+ range anti-chopper AA. It really cuts your choices down, not all decks even get it, but if you don't have it you can be entirely wrecked by a single well-used helicopter. It's especially important as Pact because Longbows are way too good and way too cheap and thus you see them in every other game but you'll want it as NATO too for the 5% of games where you see competently used Mi-28s' or Ka-50's.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
lol Ka-50s that hit something.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What determines how long it takes for your unit to aim?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Tab8715 posted:

What determines how long it takes for your unit to aim?

It's something built into their ROF, for tanks at least. Vet helps somewhat IIRC. Not something you can really calculate/worry about on the fly though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mazz posted:

It's something built into their ROF, for tanks at least. Vet helps somewhat IIRC. Not something you can really calculate/worry about on the fly though.

Isn't it also affected by morale?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Mange Mite posted:

Isn't it also affected by morale?

Yeah as a part of ROF. The whole process is combined into the ROF number as far as I remember. So panicked means the whole shooting process takes forever. ATGMs were a bit different I think but mostly the same, with aiming time being the whole deal since flight time wasn't really part of ROF.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Patch is live

quote:

It will bring to you the following new maps:
(1v1) Mud Fight !
(1v1) Paddy Field
(2v2) Highway to Seoul (small version)
(3v3) Highway to Seoul (big version)
(4v4) The Battle of Yuchalnok Pass
(4v4) The Green Mile
Alongside the maps come the following balance changes:
GENERIC:
Infantry thermobaric weapons' HE damages are standardized at 4, but suppression remains linked to its caliber.
FIST teams' HE rockets' minimum range was removed. But Eryx team, being a missile.
Range of all planes' IR missiles was increased by +350m, that of radar ones by +700m.
RECO:
American M3A2 Bradley price increased from 75$ to 80$.
Norwegian M8 Panserbil rate of fire fixed, it wrongly beneficiated from an autoloader setting.
SUPPORT:
French & Chinese Crotale aim time increased from 0.2 to 1sec like others non-radar SAM
Soviet BTR-90's number of cards available decreased from 3 to 2.
Soviet Buratino's base availability per cards decreased to 1.
Soviet Smersh's base availability per cards decreased to 1.
Soviet Smersh's AP damages increased from 7 to 8.
French VPM 120 aim time increased from 4 to 6 sec
HELICOPTERS:
N-Korean Mi-25 availability reduced to 1 card.
French Puma Cassiopée base availability reduced from 10 to 8.
PLANES:
Soviet MiG-25PD veterancy's decreased by one step.
Soviet MiG-27 price increased from 95 to 105$.
N-Korean B-5 availability changed from 1 card of 2 to 2 cards of 1.
Chinese JH-7 availability changed from 2 cards of 1 to 1 card of 2.
British Harrier GR.7 price increased from 100$ to 120$
Japanese F-1 price increased from 90$ to 100$.
S-Korean KF-16 Block 52D availability changed from 2 cards of 1 to 1 card of 2

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

What was so good about the Harrier and Bradley that they needed to be nerfed? :psyduck:

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
The Harrier is an effective anti-tank plane so it was probably under priced. But then the Commonwealth is a weak faction so it could have just been left alone since they are uninterested in re-balancing the CW. The recon Bradley is pretty good at sniping heavies in some situations I guess, but I'm not sure why they zero'ed in on that over anything else.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Danann posted:

What was so good about the Harrier and Bradley that they needed to be nerfed? :psyduck:

GR7 is the 4x paveway version that can oneshot any ground in the game. Except a t90 maybe 1 time in 5 might get away with 1 hp.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
So already ran into a guy spamming Czech FISTs and they seemed pretty tough.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Mange Mite posted:

So already ran into a guy spamming Czech FISTs and they seemed pretty tough.

FISTr Roboto [Czech][Mech]

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Czech FIST what is that?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

FIST refers to infantry units that can target infantry with AT weapons.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Oh so like the Lehka's then, their shock infantry with the recoiless rifles.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Does this game have an automatch feature yet so I don't get kicked from every match I try and join because of my poor win/loss ratio from playing with pubbie scum?

Bastables
Aug 7, 2014

The French Army! posted:

Does this game have an automatch feature yet so I don't get kicked from every match I try and join because of my poor win/loss ratio from playing with pubbie scum?

Just ranked matches at 1v1 or 2v2 unfortunately.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Bob Wins posted:

Oh so like the Lehka's then, their shock infantry with the recoiless rifles.

No it would be the Panserrocivini (sp).

Some people also call the Granotomet AGS-17 a FIST team too.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Meh, same game new maps. Not really sure why I am surprised by this, but ehhh.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Any plans to bring Uralgraznomod up to date?

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

reagan posted:

Any plans to bring Uralgraznomod up to date?

RangerPL and Custard the pubbie both want to keep working on it. But me and Shan are rather burnt out by this point. So uh maybe I guess?

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
Welp I tried to play like twice, but it's crashing on me in the deck builder and now I can't even load the game so vOv

gg eugen

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Xerxes17 posted:

RangerPL and Custard the pubbie both want to keep working on it. But me and Shan are rather burnt out by this point. So uh maybe I guess?

I might be tempted to get back into it because now I have actually seemingly effective medication for my ADD, but I'm also potentially going to be enjoying adventures in crunch time until December so I can't make a firm commitment. I'd have to do some serious catching up on the game first, as well.

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014

xthetenth posted:

I might be tempted to get back into it because now I have actually seemingly effective medication for my ADD

Heh I know the feeling

We actually have a version of ural mod that functions with the new patch but we haven't released it yet.

You can follow the progress here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_pPqXyE2SvnVlYSijHSIUbLQBktiXaPtFNIjb2kff78/edit#gid=678467639

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Looking forward to it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are people still playing the game online? I typically only do single player, but I've just gotten so addicted to Wargame ALB after finally playing it after an old steam sale, but I think it has Iike 70 people playing it online. I also figure that RD has a lot more improvement as ALB did over EE. Just wanted to know if the game is at the end of its life cycle? I'll probably just play single, but if goons are playing mp I might give that a try too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

gfanikf posted:

Are people still playing the game online? I typically only do single player, but I've just gotten so addicted to Wargame ALB after finally playing it after an old steam sale, but I think it has Iike 70 people playing it online. I also figure that RD has a lot more improvement as ALB did over EE. Just wanted to know if the game is at the end of its life cycle? I'll probably just play single, but if goons are playing mp I might give that a try too.

I still play skirmish quite often.

With Custard on the Uralgraznomod team, is there any way I can make a skin request? His work is great, and I really like the Russian T-72 skin he made for the previous release. Specifically, I was wondering if he could transfer his Kfpz T-72 skin to the Kfpz T-72M and M1. Something like this.

Just add the black mudflaps. I'd do it myself, but I don't have photoshop.

• Locked thread