Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

:eyepop: They updated the Daredevil staff autoattack animation and it's loving amazing now :eyepop:
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/20972084 - Starts at 43 minutes in and is using the new legendary birdstaff Nevermore.

E: I'm at work so I can't make a gif out of it but the third part of the chain is now whirling the staff from side to side repeatedly instead of the floaty re-used Revenant auto animation it had last beta weekend.

The whole chain is a lot smoother and looks really great so I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of the animations that were placeholders.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Ranger in pvp tonight was upset every time I killed him.

sorry that was me still shaking off the rust

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

tank minion necro is one of the most rear end in a top hat builds in the game

things that can kill you:

1. moa
2. fall damage

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The raids are being tested by ANET, DnT (The guild that fielded a team in a dungeon speed run tournament they themselves organised then cheated in) and Wooden Potatoes guild ATT.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

DnT (The guild that fielded a team in a dungeon speed run tournament they themselves organised then cheated in)

Lol

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Visidan posted:

DnT (The guild that fielded a team in a dungeon speed run tournament they themselves organised then cheated in)

Here's hoping Anet choose them just to do the opposite of everything they suggest.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can someone gif the new staff animations? I can't do video today at work.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

Visidan posted:

DnT (The guild that fielded a team in a dungeon speed run tournament they themselves organised then cheated in).

Woah. Is there more info on this?

GlisteningDragon
Feb 20, 2010
My friend and I are going to come back when HoT drops. Is the Goon guild welcoming?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Everyone's welcoming when you show some gratitude *rubs thumb on index and middle finger*

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I don't have a GIF handy, but the third hit looks like a Darth Maul move now. Much improved.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Illuyankas posted:

Let's do it in Rata Sum

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The new Daredevil staff autoattack looks great, and just as great when running.

*Thief reflex* :
If only they changed all the staff skills to something not poo poo.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

treizebee posted:

*Thief reflex* :
If only they changed all the staff skills to something not poo poo.
Yeah...

It'll see use in PvE due to its high damage, but its utility is non-existent and I see no reason for using it over any existing weapon set in PvP.

Amante fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 19, 2015

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
Action camera is being released with HoT? I am pumped to get back in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

oh my god the projectiles with the raven staff are ghost birds.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Here?

Edit: Not a gif, :smith:

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 19, 2015

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Not great quality but you get the idea.

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 19, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It's going to look so good with Bifrost and its stupid rainbow trails. Bifrost is also one of the few staves with a shape that could be realistically used as a melee weapon.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Action camera sounds like what I've been waiting for all these years. I've still been using the mod that basically does this with AHK scripts and stuff, but it's janky and having it integrated into the base game will be soooo much better.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I really appreciate it. Looks great!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

If you make a legendary, it gets added to the wardrobe so you could use the skin on two different characters right?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Ranger in pvp tonight was upset every time I killed him.

these people are the sweetest. this mesmer got angry every time I showed up to a fight

this went on the whole match.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

CODChimera posted:

If you make a legendary, it gets added to the wardrobe so you could use the skin on two different characters right?

Yup

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

Action camera is being released with HoT? I am pumped to get back in.

It looks legit good, too. Considering that the new PvP mode is basically Smite, and the new control system is also basically Smite, GW2 has fully evolved into the first MMOBARPG.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CODChimera posted:

The restrictions they've placed on the new legendary system seem to be limited to the actual weapon themselves, so yes. It will be interesting to see what the total cost ends up being, and how that compares to ascended weapons. Currently, ascended weapons are kind of cheap because they're not using Damask. I guess it depends on whether they balance silk down or balance the other materials upwards in price. the latter

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ItBurns posted:

The restrictions they've placed on the new legendary system seem to be limited to the actual weapon themselves, so yes. It will be interesting to see what the total cost ends up being, and how that compares to ascended weapons. Currently, ascended weapons are kind of cheap because they're not using Damask. I guess it depends on whether they balance silk down or balance the other materials upwards in price. the latter

Did they mention anything about keeping the T6 gifts in the new weapons? That blog post was confusing as all hell.

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015
Reaper looks like my kind of class, clearly Hugo Boss inspired.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lyer posted:

Did they mention anything about keeping the T6 gifts in the new weapons? That blog post was confusing as all hell.
No, gifts of Mastery and Fortune aren't being used in the new one from what I gathered. They're going to give you a way to break down your current gifts to get the mats back as well from what they said.

They also said they're looking into a way for people to craft blank legendaries (so basically a stat swappable ascended weapon) so that you can have the equivalent of dual wielding the same legendary with the new ones that it isn't possible to get a second copy of.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Mercurius posted:

No, gifts of Mastery and Fortune aren't being used in the new one from what I gathered. They're going to give you a way to break down your current gifts to get the mats back as well from what they said.

They also said they're looking into a way for people to craft blank legendaries (so basically a stat swappable ascended weapon) so that you can have the equivalent of dual wielding the same legendary with the new ones that it isn't possible to get a second copy of.

Interesting...hopefully crafting these things is more about challenge rather than gold.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I'm pretty sure they said new legendaries would have a gold cost in the same ballpark as the old ones.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lyer posted:

I don't know. I got the impression that they were aiming to have the new legendaries have a lower outright gold cost, but if someone has actually done the math on what they've shown I'll cede to that. Granted, if you need to spend 20 hours doing XDrandom poo poo there's going to be some opportunity cost associated with it, but I think that's kind of up in the air.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

legendaries will automatically cost less going forward in the future due to not needing to buy precursors. i'm sure that quite a lot of the gift items will still have a significant cost attached, but one of the most significant chunks of gold will no longer be needed.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Great, I play Thief and Guardian so I guess I'll make Bifrost. The real question is do I buy the precursor or just wait for the scavenger hunt? Would be cool to play the expansion with a legendary right off the bat...

Haven't played the game in months, so much has changed. I missed the revamp of Lions Arch.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The Legend (Bifrost precursor) is still pretty expensive, if you care for gold you might want to hold off until HoT launch to see how much of a cost/hassle it is to craft one.

They're probaby being purposefully vague about anything economics related so there isn't too much speculation profits going on.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
thick leather sections are falling in price again

oh well, i'm used to losing all my gold to idiotic ventures

time to farm up some more for the next time i need to throw it all away by hopping on a price bubble too late :v:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i wanna get the skritt ecto portal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RottenK posted:

thick leather sections are falling in price again

oh well, i'm used to losing all my gold to idiotic ventures

time to farm up some more for the next time i need to throw it all away by hopping on a price bubble too late :v:

Well, this is just the natural dip in price after the speculation fueled increase in price has calmed down, after people realize the prices arent' going up RIGHT NOW. The actual future economy changes that ANET was talking about haven't even happened, so prices mught climb again.

• Locked thread