Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

veedubfreak posted:

Is a ///m 235i a real thing or was it another douchenozzle trying to act hard?

It's a real car, probably one of the better models BMW has put out in recent memory. You can even get it with an LSD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

You know you don't have to put the pedal all the way down all the time, right? The Wangler is super happy puttering along, and it has a little bit of power when necessary.
I never stomped on it. I gave it more gas than usual is all. Most of that was just from that loving intersection where it's a crowded road and you have a sharp bend coming around the onramp and then twenty feet to merge into bumper to bumper traffic at 60 mph, with literally no merge lane. That Yield sign may as well be a stop sign cause you're gonna have to stop and wait either way.

https://goo.gl/maps/FgYMi2vzYsR2

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 16, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Ври полоски,
три по три полоски

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's a real car, probably one of the better models BMW has put out in recent memory. You can even get it with an LSD!

Arnt they just slapping the "M" package on pretty much all their cars now? Much like Audis S line?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
They're getting sloppier about it, but no, it's still much more than the s(hittybodykit)-line

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

They're getting sloppier about it, but no, it's still much more than the s(hittybodykit)-line

"M sport" is the boring "s line"-like colour and trim pack

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

The M235i and 1M Coupe, despite not being "real" M cars, are pretty serious performance trims. Far more than just an appearance package on a base model.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 16, 2015

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The trouble is BMW uses M is too many different contexts

'M Sport' is just an appearance package which you can on everything down to the lowliest three cylinder 118i

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
I give you the Supercheap Auto Impreza

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

No, I don't think you could give that away.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

I'm legitimately surprised that those stick-on slatted vent things actually look better on the hood in that orientation than they do where you usually see them stuck on the quarter panels.

Still looks dumb as hell, but somehow better? :psyduck:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would drive that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol, I wonder if he knows that's the Florida Panther's team logo on his hood.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

leica posted:

Lol, I wonder if he knows that's the Florida Panther's team logo on his hood.

Don't be silly, nobody even knows the pathers exist.

People who go to the game think it's just boxing with really ugly ring girls.

I saw this. wish i didn't, but i did. Now you did, you're welcome.

When you wanna be hardcore redneck but your wife wants a compact SUV

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

:siren: MICROPENIS VEHICLE SPOTTED :siren:

... it had what looked to be a roto tiller in the bed. That had to be fun to load with it being halfway to the clouds.

The key was also still hanging out of one of the side storage compartments (not visible, but behind the fuel tanks). I was surprised that it (a) didn't have stacks and (b) didn't seem to have an (active) smoke tune.

I never knew the F-650 was offered in an XLT trim. I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw the cost of the thing.. plus the whole "let's get a commercial truck chassis and toss some leather and extra doors at it!" bit.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 17, 2015

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

... it had what looked to be a roto tiller in the bed. That had to be fun to load with it being halfway to the clouds.

The key was also still hanging out of one of the side storage compartments (not visible, but behind the fuel tanks). I was surprised that it (a) didn't have stacks and (b) didn't seem to have an (active) smoke tune.

I never knew the F-650 was offered in an XLT trim. I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw the cost of the thing.. plus the whole "let's get a commercial truck chassis and toss some leather and extra doors at it!" bit.

FYI, Ford XLT trim is poo poo, it's barely a step above XL (absolute base model) usually featuring today Ford Sync (but not MyFord Touch, which I think isn't good and prefer Sync) and still has cloth seats.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
XLT is basically 'acceptable truck you actually have to drive.' XT is for work crews. Where the person buying the truck never actually drives in it. XLT adds lavish features like power windows and locks.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FatCow posted:

XLT is basically 'acceptable truck you actually have to drive.' XT is for work crews. Where the person buying the truck never actually drives in it. XLT adds lavish features like power windows and locks.

Yeah XLT used to be the hot poo poo 25 years ago but it's not anything special now. It was the top spec back as the XLT Lariat in 91 and then became the midgrade and down from then.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

some texas redneck posted:

Working guy using unmolested work truck to move work stuff isn't terrible car stuff.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
When my ranger 4x4 got written off due to a hail storm, the one good thing about my 1 tonne falcon ute replacement was it was easier to load as it was lower to the ground.
E: On the downside no more camping and fishing trips or 4 wheeling along the beach. But it was supposed to be a work vehicle anyway.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 18, 2015

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The dent on the fender really sells it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I don't know where else to post this.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

FatCow posted:

:colbert: Depends on the year model.

My 1980 F-150 Ranger XLT didn't have power windows or locks. Apparently back then it just got you carpet, a clock, and a few other things. Technically speaking the Ranger option package got most of the creature comforts back then - it had a/c, digital clock w/trip timer, am/fm/cassette ~stereo~, bench seat with cloth, full carpet, headliner, cruise control... pretty nice for a 1980. Only gauges were fuel, temp, and speed though, which bit me in the rear end several times, since the engine had a factory rust prevention system that would make Land Rover engineers foam at the mouth (the light would only come on once it'd been without oil pressure of any kind for a bit).

GutBomb posted:

Working guy using unmolested work truck to move work stuff isn't terrible car stuff.

This is the first time I've seen this truck actually have anything in the bed. Usually I see it with an empty bed and 1 person in the cab (far from the first time I've seen this truck around). Plus you may have noticed that the bottom of the body is roughly equal with the front clip of the Ford Ranger next to it. How the hell do you even load/unload something like that without a dock and/or forklift?

Also, it has stickers from these guys on it:

quote:

Today, F650 Supertrucks is a registered Ford upfitter and builds 50 custom trucks for a discreet customer base of people who know what they like and want it to be completed in a timely fashion. Our trucks have been featured in Rides magazine, Poker Runs America, Xtreme Boats, Dupont Registry, Exotic Car Buyers Guide for 2006, Diesel Powered, and a few more.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 19, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Really? A "discreet customer base of people who know what they like and want it to be completed in a timely fashion"? That's how they used to describe customers for penis enlargement pumps on AM radio during the 90s.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

BlackMK4 posted:

That was... elegant

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

This made me kind of tingly inside.

A+.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

BlackMK4 posted:

This is amazing.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

BlackMK4 posted:

OSHA thread

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

blugu64 posted:

OSHA thread

yesterday

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bird got hosed up in the MotoGP race yesterday:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2015/motogp/phillip-island/two/index.htm

:nms: for a bit of seagull gore.

http://gfycat.com/ThornyCostlyBellsnake

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Spotted this tonight. Figured it should go here.
http://imgur.com/gallery/AjKtvgO

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Spotted this tonight. Figured it should go here.
http://imgur.com/gallery/AjKtvgO

Do you just not like custom plates or Germans or what?

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Just thought it was a clever plate pointing out some recent mistakes made by the maker of the car.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I thought so too but my wife tipped me off that Liesel is a common German name. Probably just a coincidence.

It takes 2 months to get a vanity plate in Massachusetts. Probably similar in other states.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Looks like he head butts it in the long shot :black101:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
It's terrible but I have an odd appreciation for it.

That's a solar panel on the back. The whole thing has been very crudely painted green with a paint brush. Pretty sure it was a taxi from the yellow peeking through between bristle marks. That little rectangle on the roof addon seems to be a small numberplate. Going south of the border never fails to show me wonders.

e: Not tiny version. I fail at mobile uploads.

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 20, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
On the engine hoist my friend's neighbor let us borrow:

Me: is it Harbor Freight?

Him: :freeper: I would never buy Chinese junk! All American only!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Well, you know all the stuff at harbor freight is called Chicago, Philadelphia, etc.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Automotive Insanity > Post terrible car stuff in this thread: Store by wall or fixity.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...the internet is of course all over that.

RIP Gavin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Don't play rolling roadblock no matter how much the rear end in a top hat behind you might deserve it. Just let them go.

The Washington Post posted:

A 4-year-old girl is dead after gunfire erupted on a New Mexico highway during what appeared to be a confrontation fueled by road rage. And police are scrambling for any leads to solve the crime.

A witness told KOB4 she and her daughter were driving behind two of the vehicles involved in the incident — a red truck and a red sedan — when the conflict arose.

“I do know the red truck was not allowing the red car to pass,” Jonell Tafoya told the station. “They kept swerving from lane to lane to keep the vehicle behind them.”

It's a really badly written article though in that it seems to repeatedly call the truck a car and doesn't mention if the red truck was the shooter or the shootee.

Another article posted:

A red pickup truck which appeared to have a bullet hole in the rear window was seen pulled over on the interstate, which was shut down, but police would not confirm it was involved.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 21, 2015