Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
1. Australia
2. Whoever is playing England or South Africa*
3. Pumas or All Blacks (SH supremacy!)
4. Who cares after this point

*not applicable if they are playing each other. In such a case I don't care who wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. All Blacks
2. Japan
3. Scotland

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Scotland (national team, enjoy pain)
New Zealand (so I can occasionally feel what a win is)
Ireland
Anyone vs England
Anyone vs Wales

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What I'm gathering from all this is no-one supports England, not even the English.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There are plenty of fervent England supporters out there. They're the people who were singing Swing Low at every group match.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

goatface posted:

There are plenty of fervent England supporters out there. They're the people who were singing Swing Low at every group match.

they are all dead to me

Since we're posting those:
1. Not England
2. Not France
3. Underdogs that have balls, like Italy or Japan...
4. ...unless the underdog is England. gently caress England.
5. Argentina
6. New Zealand because the reason I watch rugby in the first place is their brand of magic in test games a Kiwi friend linked me
7. Jonny Sexton

e; actually Wales is over the Pumas; I once got drunk with two Welsh girls and it rocked

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Edit: Damnit pocket posted somehow

el dingo fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 19, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

dex_sda posted:

7. Jonny Sexton

:kimchi:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
1. South Africa (as I am from there)
2. Canada (as I live there now)
3. Argentina (because they are perpetual underdogs)
4. France (because they are hilarious and you never know what you are going to get)
5. Southern Hemisphere teams (except Australia)
6. Anyone playing against Australia
6. England (out of pity)

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
So world rugby have came out and said the last Australian penalty should've been an Australian scrum instead. Bit late.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

This whole thing has been embarassing tbh. Just the fact that it was so difficult for people to decide whether it should have been a penalty or a scrum shows how difficult a decision it was; it couldn't have gone to the TMO either and Joubert had to make a snap judgement. He chose wrong, and that's a bummer. But that's just what happens, and one of the reasons I consider rugby so great is that the ref is God and is given his due respect.

This just makes rugby fans look a bit petty; fair play to Laidlaw though, he was respectful and like "why doesn't that go to TMO but whatever".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if Jim Hamilton had been playing. There could have been blood.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

The rankings are out.
SH are the top 4

Full list

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
No surprise there. After last weekend it's earned.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

dex_sda posted:

This just makes rugby fans look a bit petty

YUP
Especially living in new zealand it gets so loving old how the day after any given game of rugby the two top stories on every news website will be "this decision was poo poo" and "decisions are poo poo: is this killing the game???"
Just suck it up you big whinging babies

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So refs have been appointed for the semis

Garces is in charge for SA v NZ
Barnes is in for Aus v Arg

Is this to keep Nigel fresh for the final or do they just not care anymoew

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I really hope that that is so Owens is guaranteed the Final: he's so much more consistently good than the others that it'd be criminal not to have him.

I'm sure they will though, so that'll be fine.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

So refs have been appointed for the semis

Garces is in charge for SA v NZ
Barnes is in for Aus v Arg

I'm 99% certain Nige will ref the final. There should be no contention; even if there are mistakes in his play they even out and he always brings out a good game of rugby out of even the most boring teams.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Resting Joubert for his big comeback.

TRISHY posted:

The rankings are out.
SH are the top 4

Full list

Man, if Scotland had held on that probably would have got us into the top 6, making us the least worth top 6 team ever! :D

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I get the whole being dicked by the ref....

but you have the game on the line, with a line out in your own half, in rain and wind....Why would you throw a long line out and risk it...why

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

CyberPingu posted:

Is he Linesman for either game? If he's not involved in either of them at all, then he's certainly reffing the final.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^ He's not.

They're saving him up for the all important 3rd place game.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Tyma posted:

Is he Linesman for either game? If he's not involved in either of them at all, then he's certainly reffing the final.

No, hes not involved in either semi

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

These rankings are silly. The gulf between NZ and Aus is definitely bigger than between Aus and SA (hell, I'm not sure who's on which side of that gulf in reality).

Also, LOL at the neutrals who like NZ but hate Australia. I totally understand that Kiwis hate Australia, and I get that it's fun to like NZ, but hating Australia won't make you a real Kiwi boys.

To me, Australia are the biggest underdogs of the top nations in Rugby (I guess Argentina are top tier these days, so maybe second biggest underdog). The sport here is a by-line to everything else, the ARU is virtually bankrupt and yet we manage to produce some pretty good, albeit inconsistent, Rugby. We're the Tottenham of Rugby :)

Finally my list:

Australia
Any SH playing any NH
Argentina (will totally be happy for them if they beat us)
NZ
SA
England
France
Wales

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm sure no-one cares, but the RFU have appointed the expected bunch of lightweights and company men to head their whitewash.

Article here

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Unimpressed posted:

These rankings are silly. The gulf between NZ and Aus is definitely bigger than between Aus and SA (hell, I'm not sure who's on which side of that gulf in reality).

Also, LOL at the neutrals who like NZ but hate Australia. I totally understand that Kiwis hate Australia, and I get that it's fun to like NZ, but hating Australia won't make you a real Kiwi boys.

To me, Australia are the biggest underdogs of the top nations in Rugby (I guess Argentina are top tier these days, so maybe second biggest underdog). The sport here is a by-line to everything else, the ARU is virtually bankrupt and yet we manage to produce some pretty good, albeit inconsistent, Rugby. We're the Tottenham of Rugby :)

Finally my list:

Australia
Any SH playing any NH
Argentina (will totally be happy for them if they beat us)
NZ
SA
England
France
Wales

I'm pretty sure Wales and Ireland are better than England right now. And probably Scotland.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

So world rugby have came out and said the last Australian penalty should've been an Australian scrum instead. Bit late.

let's simply replay the last minute, it shouldn't take too long.

and I just support France :france:

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

tarbrush posted:

I'm pretty sure Wales and Ireland are better than England right now. And probably Scotland.

No, that was the order of who I support, not who I think is best.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
I'll do my rankings:

1) All Blacks
2) Whenever a Pacific Island team (Tonga, Fiji, Samoa) is playing anyone else.
3) Argentina

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Unimpressed posted:

I don't hate Australia (nowhere near as much as the Japies, anyhow), but I do want to see Nic White punched in the face at all times.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I don't hate Australia (nowhere near as much as the Japies, anyhow), but I do want to see Nic White punched in the face at all times.

You and every one else (maybe his Mum doesn't but I'm not sure).

I guess it's being a halfback that makes you mean. I've heard from good authority that Nick Phipps is an arsehole, Aaron Smith sure likes to get under other players' skin. Greig Laidlaw was busy chirping away at the Aussies yesterday. Are there any halfbacks who are good guys or is being annoying part of the job?

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
1. New Zealand

ok that's it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tiny little dudes need attitude to survive among the big burly men.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Unimpressed posted:

You and every one else (maybe his Mum doesn't but I'm not sure).

I guess it's being a halfback that makes you mean. I've heard from good authority that Nick Phipps is an arsehole, Aaron Smith sure likes to get under other players' skin. Greig Laidlaw was busy chirping away at the Aussies yesterday. Are there any halfbacks who are good guys or is being annoying part of the job?

Comes with the territory. If you're not a chirpy poo poo, you're not doing it right.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

goatface posted:

Tiny little dudes need attitude to survive among the big burly men.

As a nine myself I can assure you this is true.

Attitude and also broceps

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Hey what about the Japanese half back who plays for the Highlanders? He looks like a cool guy, always with a big smile on his face. I bet he's not an arsehole (or he hides it well).

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Tito Tebaldi always seemed like a cool dude?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Unimpressed posted:

Aaron Smith is hilarious and loud and probably annoying to play against, but he doesn't seem like a complete knob-end. It is funny watching Super 15 games with the ref mic on and instantly being able to tell that he went to an all-boys school from his constant screams at the ref of "AWWW SIR!!!!"

Everyone seemed to like Weepu? Maybe his constant weight fluctuations garnered him some sympathy?

Unimpressed posted:

Hey what about the Japanese half back who plays for the Highlanders? He looks like a cool guy, always with a big smile on his face. I bet he's not an arsehole (or he hides it well).

Tanaka loving rules, always looks genuinely pleased to be on the field and plays his little heart out, despite his tiny frame.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

CyberPingu posted:

I get the whole being dicked by the ref....

but you have the game on the line, with a line out in your own half, in rain and wind....Why would you throw a long line out and risk it...why

I'd rather be dicked over by my own bad decision than someone else's bad decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fruitpunch posted:

I'd rather be dicked over by my own bad decision than someone else's bad decision

in this case you get both