Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I almost give a poo poo that they reuse a costume. Jack is looking fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Troposphere posted:

it's just so bizarre the focus isn't totally on Emma
I think because they do half seasons now they probably had to squeeze what is essentially 2 origin stories together. Like this is an intermission or the start of the second act of the 12 or so episodes. Last couple were squarely about Emma coming back and setting up her trying to get the Excalibur out of the stone. I assume this episode is supposed to tell us how Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot/Camelot came to be and that the sword (going to be - slash - was) is reforged.

The dust thing is tolerable but it's kinda dumb and mostly disturbing that it just works like that and works so well.

I do wonder how much of the rest of this half-season is gonna actually be about Emma because I assume the next episode or two is gonna be about Rumple as well. Seems like Emma in Camelot doesn't seem to be in charge of anything and it feels like everyone is simply conspiring to make her the Dark One proper. Which I would be surprised if they pull off right.

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

Wait, so how was Rumple in the Enchanted Forest five years ago? Wasn't he (and the dagger?) in Storybrooke then? Or was there some sort of time fuckery I'm forgetting. I know he had that magic gauntlet before Regina cast the first curse.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

wish they could use magic fix everything powder on this poo poo loving show

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm just happy this thread is here to fill the void left by TVIV's previous best thread, the Dexter thread.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

I'm going to assume they meant 5 years before the curse (or maybe 1 year, since we're now however many years after it broke). I'm betting Camelot was hand-waved into a time stop like FTL.

Actually, couldn't Camelot be IN the FTL? That would make sense with Lancelot having been around and the Dark One vault just sort of chilling there. Must just have been a far away realm or something. Like if it magic-dusted it's way into being during the height of Regina vs Snow then I could sort of squint at Snow/Charming not having met them previously.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The show creator had to clarify this on twitter.

They also answered the question somewhat at SDCC. “Camelot exists in a parallel timeline with everything. You’ll see how it existed long ago, short ago, present and maybe future.”

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 20, 2015

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
I need you to make him brave oh ho ho

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When Regina got in her contractually-obligated lines and hosed off for the rest of the episode I feel like she already knew what was coming. What a tedious slog that was.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bwee posted:

I need you to make him brave oh ho ho

And so begins Frozen season 2

Does this mean Brave is getting a sequel as well?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

The show creator had to clarify this on twitter.

They also answered the question somewhat at SDCC. “Camelot exists in a parallel timeline with everything. You’ll see how it existed long ago, short ago, present and maybe future.”

My :lost: alarm is going off.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What are you people talking about? This is classic OUAT. It's absolutely unhinged and weird and it's fantastic.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

John F Bennett posted:

What are you people talking about? This is classic OUAT. It's absolutely unhinged and weird and it's fantastic.

Other than the lack of Regina the past couple of episodes, I've been loving this so far.

People are way too picky about Lesbian Kingdom Hearts.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I just don't give a gently caress about the Camelot characters they suck

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Troposphere posted:

I just don't give a gently caress about the Camelot characters they suck

I don't mind Arthur but everyone else is awful so he doesn't have much to work with. The girl playing Gwen is related to my roommate or something though, so don't tell her I said that.

She's sooooo bad.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
She was great until plot dust hit her.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

She was great until plot dust hit her.
I agree. When it wears off though I assume she'll just straight up murderfy Arthur.

Surprised they didn't make it so Arthur got her pregnant any time in those past 5 years. Totally not rape.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Henry's friendzoned tear will save us all

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is terrible but Amy Manson is friggin dreamy in that red wig.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I could watch her beat up a crippled old man all day

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Can someone give me a rundown of the last ten minutes? Last I saw was them confronting Arthur at the block party about the dagger and Excalibur.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Man Henry must be weak as poo poo if he can't even lift a 2-4 pound sword without struggling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sober posted:

Man Henry must be weak as poo poo if he can't even lift a 2-4 pound sword without struggling.

He's a writer.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

He's a writer.
I'm a writer. But then again I'll forgive him for being a 15 year old trapped in a 13 year old's body.

That was a good episode. But I think the really surprising detail I noticed is that the transitions were :lost: as gently caress compared to what the show usually does or has been doing for a while.

Really weird like the past couple episodes they just do "Camelot - Five Years/6 weeks ago" and "Present Day" back and forth when that seemed pretty pointless. Especially considering the show's creators are former Lost writers and they wrote this episode.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Dreamcatchers... Dark Magic

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Harold and Maude, a good date movie

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Commando would have been a better choice.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This was one of the best episodes in a while. Even the Henry stuff wasn't completely offensive, and even led to Emma doing the lowest of heart ganks so far which was both hilarious and I actually did not see coming. Hoping they just keep a good pace now that all the Arthur backstory is out of the way and Merlin is not a tree.

It was also so, so gay. Seriously just rename this poo poo My Two Moms already and give me that sweet Emma and Regina action please.

Merida stuff, I dunno I dig her but she's a cute redhead and I'm one of those people who have never seen Brave. Plus it's fun acknowledging what a slimy coward Rumple was before and making it a plot point for him once more after regaining his humanity is p ok by me. At least it's a less tenuous grasp for the Brave stuff than last year's 'oh I guess Elsa and Anna are related to the other Snow Queen who is actually important to the plot, and I guess Anna met Charming one time or something cause he knows fuckin everybody'.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

This was all I could think of when Emma and Regina perked up and used Henry's tears right after he got the boot from his erstwhile lady love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

The rest of the episode was great. I'm loving Merida and finally a chance for Rumple to do something is refreshing too. As a complaint towards the writing, I'm just going to bitch about that bit at the end.

Where the gently caress does Regina get off saying Emma's worse? She killed a ton of people to curse Storybrooke into existence, she convinced her son that he as mentally disturbed for thinking fairytales were real, she killed Graham when he wouldn't sleep with her and they gave her a chance to redeem herself anyway. Which she promptly hosed up by trying to let Emma and Snow die in the portal and then hooking up with Mommy Dearest to terrorize the town. I mean, Regina's one of my favorite characters, but her wrinkling her nose at Emma and saying she's worse than anything she's done had me waiting for Emma to just steal her heart and crush it.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I think that was her point. if she's the one calling Emma out you know it's bad because she's awful. she just doesn't want Emma to end up like she did

she's a big ol hypocrite and I love her

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
also if Emma and Regina hooking up isn't where they're going with all this I have no idea what they're doing

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Definitely the best episode of the season so far, and I'm actually kind of enjoying the Brave stuff; the Frozen arc just felt like a slog a lot of the time.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 26, 2015

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So Emma is the grey one, eh?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Emma is the gay one

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

lily sparks is my soulmate

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Lol some of the scottish extras have farmer's tans

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Such bullshit. Belle should have pulled the sword from the stone, she obviously put more effort the whole episode to be brave. That scene with Dark Swan and the Wicked Witch was amazing; it's weird how they both have cravings for onion rings.

I only hope there's less of that Arthur making everyone look like idiots thing.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
yeah I was expecting rumple to be all "my wife's the TRUE hero!" but of course instead we get rumple being redeemed by almost being eaten by a bear and lucking out and now he's super cocky about being a hero uggghh

Merida's wig continues to be hilarious there was one moment where she reached up and adjusted it mid sentence

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
also belle and rumple's relationship is so painful to watch and borderline abusive I'm really afraid they're going to write emilie de ravin's pregnancy into the show and give rumple ANOTHER kid to royally screw up

belle deserves better :( she is my fave Disney princess and they've really done a number on her geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

The scenes between Belle and Rumple last night were a bit cringe-worthy. I did not enjoy seeing his character being such a coward, I like his cockiness when he was a villain. Rumple was so much more interesting, now I'm not sure how I feel about him flip-flopping to become a hero. It seems like with Emma becoming the Dark One, certain people are now getting their "Happy Endings" so to speak or redemption by turning from bad to good.

This whole Camelot spin-off this season has just feels out sync with me with the way the plot is going. I don't really like what they did with Merida either, she's an awesome character and I loved Brave, but I feel like if she wasn't in the show, nothing would really be much different. I snorted with laughter when I saw how they represented the triplets. The actors simply towered over Merida, and were practically adults! They should've been old enough to save themselves! Merida's story arc could have been better.

I am very "meh" on the whole Dark Swan plot. Emma just doesn't feel villainous and sinister enough for me to pull it off, compared to previous villains on the show.

• Locked thread