Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Cobb is just outside of the top 12 and that's with a bum shoulder. Unless you're getting one hell of a return, like Hopkins + a good rb, don't do that. He has a role in that offense that isn't redundant. You'd basically be selling your high draft picks for low during a cold streak, for a hot player that really represents a marginal upgrade. Cobb is still a #1 WR in every sense of the word.

Not sure if im misunderstanding you but I would trade Cobb for Hopkins straight up without thinking twice. They wouldnt need to throw in "a good rb".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

Not sure if im misunderstanding you but I would trade Cobb for Hopkins straight up without thinking twice. They wouldnt need to throw in "a good rb".

He was talking about packaging Cobb + Lacy.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

VietCampo posted:

He was talking about packaging Cobb + Lacy.
I would trade Cobb and Lacy for just Hopkins so fast it would break my computer.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

That being said, I saw a stat that half of his rushes have gone for 2 yds and under, and that was a problem in college too. I think he picks it up, but it's really apparent that Woodhead has a definite role in that offense, and that role expands when Gordon plays bad or fumbles

It's a nonPPR league and I have McFadden , Bradshaw and Hankerson on about the same level, all of them I guess are more droppable than Gordon. I'm just frustrated by his mediocrity. Who would you rather drop?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

T Bowl posted:

I traded Melvin for DeMarco and people told me not to in this very forum :D :D :D

Think the jury is still out on this being a slam dunk trade.

I put up 140 points this week and the guy I'm facing basically matched my teams production with 4 people. 4 touchdowns for Stafford, 100 yards and a td for Marshall, 200 yards and a td for Ivory and two touchdowns for Barnidge. I was glad to see Megatron finally have a good game for me but it came at the price of Stafford basically tripling his season high production the week I happened to face him.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

ZIGfried posted:

Think the jury is still out on this being a slam dunk trade.

It is but DeMarco is clearly the better player who looks more valuable going forward... by how much it's not obvious yet.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Freezer posted:

It's a nonPPR league and I have McFadden , Bradshaw and Hankerson on about the same level, all of them I guess are more droppable than Gordon. I'm just frustrated by his mediocrity. Who would you rather drop?

This was the first time Gordon had under 12 carries in a game, and let's not forget he had 7 catches on top of it the week before. I thought he was starting to look a little better, but I also think he's on a very short leash, and the line and playcalling hurts him a bit.

McFadden has a nice floor even in a non-ppr due to the amount of time he'll see in runs and def if they go behind. Hankerson is totally blah to me, week to week him and White are going to switch off. Bradshaw at best barring a Gore injury is going to be like McFadden or Woodhead. But those two have proven what their role is. Bradshaw hasn't He had a grand total of 5 touches to Gore's 15 last night, and Gore was getting 6 YPC. Gore's always been a total package back, so I am not sure why people thought Bradshaw would be much more than a handcuff/COP back. I'd drop him way before Gordon.

dy. posted:

I would trade Cobb and Lacy for just Hopkins so fast it would break my computer.

Why, unless you are crazy deep?

Lacy has never had less than 1100 yds rushing or 1400 total yards. Cobb had nearly 1300 yds last year, has trended upwards for the last 3 years for YPG and targets, and lost the biggest threat to his targets. Both dudes are young so it's not like they're at their age cliff. They're both getting about half of the yards per game they normally get. What makes you think that is the new normal vs a cold streak?

Hopkins is currently on pace for 1900+ yards with his qb being a rotating cast of poo poo. I think we can all agree this is not sustainable.

All three of those guys are way due to play closer to their averages. Hopkins will finish in the top 5 baring injury because of his bonkers first six games but finishing north of 100ypg is really rare, much less 120ypg. When Hopkins inevitably comes back to earth, and Cobb and Lacy inevitably play better, it's not even close to a fair value. Don't focus on what they've done. Focus on what they'll do for the rest of the season.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like it's a crime to cut Peyton Manning since he's the best QB of all time but I want to cut Peyton Manning so god damned bad.

At the beginning of the season my friend asked if we could change the scoring to -6 for pick sixes and I said sure because who the gently caress cares right? How the gently caress does Peyton throw a pick six every god damned week?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm averaging 195 points per week. This team is ridiculous and I've never had one quite this juicy

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Doltos posted:

I feel like it's a crime to cut Peyton Manning since he's the best QB of all time but I want to cut Peyton Manning so god damned bad.

At the beginning of the season my friend asked if we could change the scoring to -6 for pick sixes and I said sure because who the gently caress cares right? How the gently caress does Peyton throw a pick six every god damned week?

Peyton Manning is undroppable and is now a cancer to my team that I can't get rid of.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'm dropping Peyton this week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm dropping Peyton this week.

Same. Platooning Cutty and FLOLacco ROS and might just end up WW streaming.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Lacy has never had less than 1100 yds rushing or 1400 total yards. Cobb had nearly 1300 yds last year, has trended upwards for the last 3 years for YPG and targets, and lost the biggest threat to his targets. Both dudes are young so it's not like they're at their age cliff. They're both getting about half of the yards per game they normally get. What makes you think that is the new normal vs a cold streak?

Hopkins is currently on pace for 1900+ yards with his qb being a rotating cast of poo poo. I think we can all agree this is not sustainable.

All three of those guys are way due to play closer to their averages. Hopkins will finish in the top 5 baring injury because of his bonkers first six games but finishing north of 100ypg is really rare, much less 120ypg. When Hopkins inevitably comes back to earth, and Cobb and Lacy inevitably play better, it's not even close to a fair value. Don't focus on what they've done. Focus on what they'll do for the rest of the season.
The "never had" stat is a bit misleading considering Lacy only has two prior seasons under his belt. Small sample size. Lacy does not look like the same guy and the Packers seem to have realized it. It could very well be the lingering effects of his injury but that doesn't mean he will suddenly get over it and start producing. If there was a game where he was going to put up numbers, it would have been this week.

Cobb will improve but the "new normal" in Green Bay with Jordy out could also easily be Aaron Rodgers spreading the ball more between him, Jones, and Adams. Just because it was a Cobbfest last year during the games that Jordy was out doesn't mean that it will be this year.

Hopkins will of course come back to earth but he is on a team with a surprisingly bad defense, whose offensive gameplan when trailing seems to be to feed him the ball as much as possible, and he has the talent to generate a shitload of points from that.

That trade is of course a judgment call but one that I would make in favor of Hopkins right now. He is on a much worse offense but is getting much more opportunity.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Nelson being out of the picture doesn't mean Cobb or Lacy are better off. Cobb is pretty much exactly where he was last year on targets, and catches. The difference for both is the middle of the field isn't left wide open, and drives aren't held together by Jordy. The factor you are forgetting that isn't sustainable is Cobbs TD rate from last year. He has had the big 3 TD game, but only one other good showing so far. Cobb is fine though, and is a good WR2. Hopkins>>>Cobb

Im not too sure what to think about Lacy. He is hurt right now so that is playing into it. Other than that I dont see too much that blows my mind. He gets what is given. Which is less now that Jordy is gone. I've never been super impressed with him, though. He is above average in the NFL, but never on the level other top RBs are, that can carry a team on their backs. Starks is a legit threat, and is playing much better right now.(as he has in flashes)

I don't think either player is bad, they are just playing bad right now.

Hopkins is elite, and will finish in the top 5. It isn't like the Texans will suddenly get good, and stop playing from behind every game. I for one do not agree that it isn't somewhat sustainable. Houston is a poo poo show, and he is their shining light.

Let's stop with the talk about the QB situation being a problem for him. Both have proven they can get him the ball, and their terrible TD to pick ratio actually helps Hopkins get more targets. Plus it looks like it is Hoyer's job to lose, and lets not forget who helped Josh Gordon be the #1 WR.

You mention recency bias, but you are falling for your own bias remembering what they were. Hopkins has been building to this year, while Cobb and Lacy got crippled by Jordy's injury. Hopkins isn't going anywhere, while Lacy and Cobb have to greatly improve to reach their potential.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Spoeank posted:

Don't draft CJA don't waste your FAAB on Charcandrick West don't draft Mike Evans time to get my @fantasywetblanket brand on

Thought this was a real Twitter. Guess you will be keeping your news exclusive to us goons!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5ppr:

I give up:
Martellus Bennett
Willie Snead

I get:
Greg Olsen.

I noticed in his trade proposal he'd drop Tevin Coleman. Is the trade a mash as is, or should I counter for Tevin Coleman?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

MacheteZombie posted:

.5ppr:

I give up:
Martellus Bennett
Willie Snead

I get:
Greg Olsen.

I noticed in his trade proposal he'd drop Tevin Coleman. Is the trade a mash as is, or should I counter for Tevin Coleman?

If Coleman is more useful than whomever you would add off waivers, sure. But it's a fine trade as-is.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
ESPN 0.5 PPR, 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Flex, 10 teams

QB: Dalton, Mariota (dropping on Weds)
RB: Bell, Foster, Forsett, L. Murray, Abdullah
WR: ODB, Sanders, Fitzgerald, J Matthews, Moncrief
TE: D. Walker, J. Thomas
K: McManus
DEF: Streaming (currently Washington)

Any thoughts on where I can try to improve? Nervous about my top receivers sustaining their pace over the rest of the year considering age for Fitz and the Peyton factor for Sanders (never thought I'd say that haha).

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
RIP Zenner

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

dy. posted:

The "never had" stat is a bit misleading considering Lacy only has two prior seasons under his belt. Small sample size. Lacy does not look like the same guy and the Packers seem to have realized it. It could very well be the lingering effects of his injury but that doesn't mean he will suddenly get over it and start producing. If there was a game where he was going to put up numbers, it would have been this week.

Cobb will improve but the "new normal" in Green Bay with Jordy out could also easily be Aaron Rodgers spreading the ball more between him, Jones, and Adams. Just because it was a Cobbfest last year during the games that Jordy was out doesn't mean that it will be this year.

Hopkins will of course come back to earth but he is on a team with a surprisingly bad defense, whose offensive gameplan when trailing seems to be to feed him the ball as much as possible, and he has the talent to generate a shitload of points from that.

That trade is of course a judgment call but one that I would make in favor of Hopkins right now. He is on a much worse offense but is getting much more opportunity.

That's a fair enough critique about sample size to a degree, but I don't see how you can make that argument while at the same time saying that a six game sample of this year is indictive of the real Lacy. Even if you assume the Pack guys will at worst stay where they are now, that's still a fringe WR1 and a rb2/flex for a guy that will absolutely come down to earth.

I don't disagree that Hopkins is far and away the play to have now out of those three guys. It's about value. Uness you got crazy depth, you're getting rid of two legit starters for what amounts to maybe 30 pts upgrade at wr over the course of the season?

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Nelson being out of the picture doesn't mean Cobb or Lacy are better off. Cobb is pretty much exactly where he was last year on targets, and catches. The difference for both is the middle of the field isn't left wide open, and drives aren't held together by Jordy. The factor you are forgetting that isn't sustainable is Cobbs TD rate from last year. He has had the big 3 TD game, but only one other good showing so far. Cobb is fine though, and is a good WR2. Hopkins>>>Cobb

Im not too sure what to think about Lacy. He is hurt right now so that is playing into it. Other than that I dont see too much that blows my mind. He gets what is given. Which is less now that Jordy is gone. I've never been super impressed with him, though. He is above average in the NFL, but never on the level other top RBs are, that can carry a team on their backs. Starks is a legit threat, and is playing much better right now.(as he has in flashes)

I don't think either player is bad, they are just playing bad right now.

Hopkins is elite, and will finish in the top 5. It isn't like the Texans will suddenly get good, and stop playing from behind every game. I for one do not agree that it isn't somewhat sustainable. Houston is a poo poo show, and he is their shining light.

Let's stop with the talk about the QB situation being a problem for him. Both have proven they can get him the ball, and their terrible TD to pick ratio actually helps Hopkins get more targets. Plus it looks like it is Hoyer's job to lose, and lets not forget who helped Josh Gordon be the #1 WR.

You mention recency bias, but you are falling for your own bias remembering what they were. Hopkins has been building to this year, while Cobb and Lacy got crippled by Jordy's injury. Hopkins isn't going anywhere, while Lacy and Cobb have to greatly improve to reach their potential.

yeah again, not disagreeing that I'd want Hokins over Cobb this year. This is an issue of what you'd give up to get that in this situation. Cobb's still a fringe WR1, even with his TD rate normalizing. Lacy is still no worse than a RB2, and it's pretty clear his issues are more to health than anything.

Also while Hopkins is desireable, keeping that level of production would be extremely unlikely. If he maintained, that is the 5th most YPG of all time. Even if he dropped to earth at 100 or so, he'd be inside the top 40 yet.

The only way the original Lacy/Cobb owner would win in that trade is if they had crazy RB depth to offset the loss

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Zypher posted:

RIP Zenner

All aboard the Theo Riddick train!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Franks Happy Place posted:

All aboard the Theo Riddick train!

Who's a better pickup, Riddick or James Starks? Starks is in the better offense, but he theoretically has better competition, too. He at least has fatter competition.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 19, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

BigFactory posted:

Who's a better pickup, Riddick or James Starks? Starks is in the better offense, but he theoretically has better competition, too. He at least has fatter competition.

Probably Riddick because Abdullah is a fumble machine and Bell sucks

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Probably Riddick because Abdullah is a fumble machine and Bell sucks

Yeah, Riddick is healthier than Bell and more trusted by coaches than Abdullah. Plus he stays involved even when Detroit is behind they are always behind

On the other hand, Starks is probably only getting this many snaps because Lacy's ankle is still bunged up. I wouldn't want to bet on Starks continuing to see those snaps after their bye this week.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dynasty keeper $300 salary cap league. 12 man, 1 PPR. Big bonus league for 100+ yards. My running backs are abysmal. My best back is Jeremy Hill.

Would you trade
Kelvin Benjamin -- $15

for
Lamar Miller -- $9

Note, I also have Jordan Matthews for $2, Allen Robinson for $5, Larry Fitzgerald for $32, Stevie Johnson for $1. Plus a couple of young lottery picks on my bench.

Benjamin could be the best receiver of that bunch, but getting running backs going forward is crazy expensive. And there is no guarantee that the Dolphins don't go back to just not running. As it is, I'm borderline making it to the playoffs this year, because of my running back depth.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Probably gonna drop Peyton for Riddick even though I'm flush with RBs.

Hell, I might drop Hill at some point in the next few weeks.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zypher posted:

RIP Zenner

Nice, I just picked him up in my dynasty league and now I can stash him. :D

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

Probably gonna drop Peyton for Riddick even though I'm flush with RBs.

Hell, I might drop Hill at some point in the next few weeks.

Hill was well-involved against a team that is good vs. the run, right after the coaches said they still consider him their #1 RB and want to keep him involved. I think his best is yet to come this season.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

That's fair but I'm going to hold Miller, Lewis, and Gurley over him if I get in a bye crunch. I hate him right now.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

THE MACHO MAN posted:

That's a fair enough critique about sample size to a degree, but I don't see how you can make that argument while at the same time saying that a six game sample of this year is indictive of the real Lacy. Even if you assume the Pack guys will at worst stay where they are now, that's still a fringe WR1 and a rb2/flex for a guy that will absolutely come down to earth.

I don't disagree that Hopkins is far and away the play to have now out of those three guys. It's about value. Uness you got crazy depth, you're getting rid of two legit starters for what amounts to maybe 30 pts upgrade at wr over the course of the season?

yeah again, not disagreeing that I'd want Hokins over Cobb this year. This is an issue of what you'd give up to get that in this situation. Cobb's still a fringe WR1, even with his TD rate normalizing. Lacy is still no worse than a RB2, and it's pretty clear his issues are more to health than anything.

Also while Hopkins is desireable, keeping that level of production would be extremely unlikely. If he maintained, that is the 5th most YPG of all time. Even if he dropped to earth at 100 or so, he'd be inside the top 40 yet.

The only way the original Lacy/Cobb owner would win in that trade is if they had crazy RB depth to offset the loss

I don't disagree with you that value wise it could be a lose, but again I don't see them bouncing back to the level you want with the absence of Jordy. More than anything I believe that is what is holding them back.

If that deal had a usable RB on the hopkins side that will get 5-10 pts a week, then it would be an easy accept for me.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Drop Bradshaw, Spiller of Morris?! to pick up a 2nd D because I am not letting Denver go unless I have 1st WW pick, currently at 4th and don't plan on making any claims. Or Knile Davis, but West not doing good cracks the door open a little more.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Michael Corleone posted:

Drop Bradshaw, Spiller of Morris?! to pick up a 2nd D because I am not letting Denver go unless I have 1st WW pick, currently at 4th and don't plan on making any claims. Or Knile Davis, but West not doing good cracks the door open a little more.

All three of those assholes are droppable for sure. If I had to rank in terms of who to keep I'd probably go Morris > Spiller > Bradshaw, but don't lose sleep over any of those dudes.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Franks Happy Place posted:

All three of those assholes are droppable for sure. If I had to rank in terms of who to keep I'd probably go Morris > Spiller > Bradshaw, but don't lose sleep over any of those dudes.

Ya maybe Morris, because he has a week 8 bye, it is PPR so I like Bradshaw the most as a desperation play, Spiller is sharing with 2 dudes, he is only behind Gore, but yeah they all suck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
10 Team 0.5 PPR, 3WR Family League

Me (6-0):
QB: Dalton, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Gore, Denard Robinson, Latavius Murray, Todd Gurley, Antonio Andrews, Christine Michael
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Leonard Hankerson, Dez Bryant
TE: Travis Kelce

Him (0-6 unless OBJ scores 47 points):
QB: Brady, Eli Manning
RB: Stewart, Blount, Morris, Spiller
WR: Antonio Brown, OBJ, Brandin Cooks, Jamison Crowder, Roddy White
TE: Clay, Witten

You think if I offered Allen Robinson and Frank Gore for Antonio Brown he would take it? Should I?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Me (6-0):
RB: Gore, Denard Robinson, Latavius Murray, Todd Gurley, Antonio Andrews, Christine Michael

You think if I offered Allen Robinson and Frank Gore for Antonio Brown he would take it? Should I?

The only thing that might work against you is that Robinson just got hurt. It really depends on how down they are on Brown. I think Brown is a really interesting player to target going forward. His value should shoot back up once Big Ben gets back.

I was actually thinking of offering Hillman and Robinson to someone in my 10 man 1 PPR league. The only reason I hesitate is that I am destroying the league at the moment and am scared of messing with a good thing.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Me (6-0):

Leaves you pretty weak at RB, Murray already had his bye, don't know about Gurley, but if someone gets hurt you would be in trouble, I would stand pat, unless it was a keeper league, then keep offering more until he accepts, but in that case he would be a fool to trade Brown.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Michael Corleone posted:

Ya maybe Morris, because he has a week 8 bye, it is PPR so I like Bradshaw the most as a desperation play, Spiller is sharing with 2 dudes, he is only behind Gore, but yeah they all suck.

Drop Bradshaw. Morris is still the starter and the coaches love Spiller. Gore started playing more passing downs and they still played Tipton.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

The only thing that might work against you is that Robinson just got hurt. It really depends on how down they are on Brown. I think Brown is a really interesting player to target going forward. His value should shoot back up once Big Ben gets back.

I was actually thinking of offering Hillman and Robinson to someone in my 10 man 1 PPR league. The only reason I hesitate is that I am destroying the league at the moment and am scared of messing with a good thing.

Robinson's x-rays came back negative and expectations are for him to play on Sunday.

Michael Corleone posted:

Leaves you pretty weak at RB, Murray already had his bye, don't know about Gurley, but if someone gets hurt you would be in trouble, I would stand pat, unless it was a keeper league, then keep offering more until he accepts, but in that case he would be a fool to trade Brown.

Murray and Gurley both had their byes this week. It's not a keeper league. If Dez comes back soon and Michael pans out then I figure I could be absolutely stacked and RB and WR. Frankly as immortal as Gore seems the season has traditionally not been good on older players, and I would be worried about him breaking down more than I would be worried about one of my other players getting hurt.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I'm in a similar situation in that I'm 6-0 and want to buy low on Antonio Brown but am worried about messing with my team too much, considering it's what got me to this record in the first place.

If I have Foster, Ivory, L Murray, Christine Michael and Bradshaw at RB, and Julio, Demaryius, Allen Robinson and John Brown at WR, what would be a reasonable offer that's worth making? I'm thinking Thomas and Murray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SeannieDarko posted:

Drop Bradshaw. Morris is still the starter and the coaches love Spiller. Gore started playing more passing downs and they still played Tipton.

Alright, thanks! I will drop him on Saturday so I can get him back the week after if I want to.

• Locked thread