Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Halve Rat Ogre health.

Then toss in another Rat Ogre per encounter :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I still do not think that the beam staff is exceptionally good at sniping specials. It takes quite awhile to kill them and will put you into overheat. You've also got to keep the beam on them the whole time, which can be rough depending on how they're moving/how many regular rats blindside you while you're forced to tunnel vision. Meanwhile a Dwarf/Solider with the handgun can just instant kill anything short of a stormvermin with a single, instant chest shot from across the map.

It's certainly better than having nothing, but I wouldn't call it a top tier special murdering machine. The no-friendly fire, instant shotgun blast is the real star of the Beam Staff show.

Drythe posted:

Also holy poo poo, strength potions increase all damage, even bombs apparently. It also gives your attacks armor pen.

We killed a nightmare Rat Ogre in like 6 seconds using strength potions + bombs. It owns.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
What i would like is some feedback on how much you are hurting the rat ogre. It feels stupid just repeatedly smashing it in the back with an axe with no idea while it completely fails to react.

Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I can't seem to run the game right now I keep getting an error when I try to launch in game. Anyone else having issues?

The game went down for maintenance about an hour ago.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
So the goon hype will probably say it's worth the $30, and normally I wouldn't flinch at spending that on a cool game. But my income as a stay-at-home dad right now is limited to what personal possessions I sell on eBay.

Anyone want to buy some nicely painted Vampire Counts? :orks:

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

gromdul posted:

So the goon hype will probably say it's worth the $30, and normally I wouldn't flinch at spending that on a cool game. But my income as a stay-at-home dad right now is limited to what personal possessions I sell on eBay.

greenmangaming has it for like $21 after coupon.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Full Circle posted:

greenmangaming has it for like $21 after coupon.

Specifically, the coupon is 23PERC-AUTUMN-SAVING

$21 for this game is a steal. I've been enjoying it a whole lot, and I don't even like Warhammer (greenskins are cool dudes though).

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

gromdul posted:

Not Sigmarines? Get that poo poo out of my face then

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Drythe posted:

Sigmarines will be the DLC character and it's going to be OP as poo poo if GW has anything to say about it. :suicide:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Fans posted:

Supply and Demand has Tomes and Grimoires, so you can get better loot rolls from it.

I don't like doing it with pubbies though because they cannot for the life of them do the end part.

Where are they? I've found two tomes (one immediately after the grain silo, the other right before the resupply room before the end - in a nook in the back of the cesspit) but not the third tome and no grimoires.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The third tome is bugged right now and doesn't show.

The Grimoire's require some jumping puzzle stuff to get too. One requires you to get up onto a fence, the other to climb up a ladder onto a roof and jump over to it. Youtube it, someone probably has them up.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

President Ark posted:

Where are they? I've found two tomes (one immediately after the grain silo, the other right before the resupply room before the end - in a nook in the back of the cesspit) but not the third tome and no grimoires.

The grimoires are both in areas nobody should have been able to find on their own. There is no third tome at the moment, or its so well hidden nobodies found it. Theres a steam guide that shows you exactly where they all are.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Supply and Demand loot. I make no promises about the sound quality, I haven't listened to the video.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Drythe posted:

With Total Warhammer, Mordheim and this game coming out it's pretty funny that GW's response to someone who gets interested in the warhammer world is now "we blew that up, wanna see our new setting?"

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Grondoth posted:

With Total Warhammer, Mordheim and this game coming out it's pretty funny that GW's response to someone who gets interested in the warhammer world is now "we blew that up, wanna see our new setting?"

When you start looking at some of the decisions GW has made in general it's not surprising at all. It's like they're allergic to money.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Warhammer Fantasy is still a loving great setting, no matter what GW did to it. I always thought the Thirty Years War needed more daemons and ratmen and was delighted to discover that others felt the same way.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dravs posted:

When you start looking at some of the decisions GW has made in general it's not surprising at all. It's like they're allergic to money.

Not allergic enough to not charge $60 for a plastic molded figurine

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have been playing the elf pretty much only and I never see anyone talking about her Sword spec. It is crazy good. basic attack hits plenty of targets for a fair amount of damage fairly quickly (I also have a % chance to instantly kill anyone I hit only my current sword). The charge up attack does huge single target damage and charged pretty quickly. In almost all my games I am getting top damage and top number of rats killed using that sword.

I do not understand the swiftbow though, doesn't seem like it is more useful than the longbow outside maybe kitting a rat orge to death.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 19, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Atleast there won't be an Age of Sigmar video game because such a thing would only steal sales from the tabletop game/figures! :v:

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I think standing in a doorway facing a horde of skaven and swinging a battle hammer from side to side is one of the best things in video games. The soldiers two-handed hammer really is so very satisfying.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

BadLlama posted:

I have been playing the elf pretty much only and I never see anyone talking about her Sword spec. It is crazy good. basic attack hits plenty of targets for a fair amount of damage fairly quickly (I also have a % chance to instantly kill anyone I hit only my current sword). The charge up attack does huge single target damage and charged pretty quickly. In almost all my games I am getting top damage and top number of rats killed using that sword.

I do not understand the swiftbow though, doesn't seem like it is more useful than the longbow outside maybe kitting a rat orge to death.

Is Longbow the type that shoots homing arrows? If so, I managed to get one and it's A LOT more useful. On Normal, I can 1-shot most special mobs (hooker, assassin, gatling, etc), and the charge shot is armor penetrating making armor mobs a 2-shot kill.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Plavski posted:

I think standing in a doorway facing a horde of skaven and swinging a battle hammer from side to side is one of the best things in video games. The soldiers two-handed hammer really is so very satisfying.

Played a quick game during lunch with the Soldier, after playing quite a bit of Dwarf. All my strikes went over the Skaven's heads.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dezztroy posted:

Atleast there won't be an Age of Sigmar video game because such a thing would only steal sales from the tabletop game/figures! :v:

You say that like AoS is actually moving product or anything

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

Played a quick game during lunch with the Soldier, after playing quite a bit of Dwarf. All my strikes went over the Skaven's heads.

I like that they made the size difference an actual thing. I feel shorter as a dwarf, and it's weird how that can change your play. I feel way more overwhelmed as a dwarf shielder than the soldier as the reduced size makes everything slightly more claustrophobic and frantic.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Ganondork posted:

Is Longbow the type that shoots homing arrows? If so, I managed to get one and it's A LOT more useful. On Normal, I can 1-shot most special mobs (hooker, assassin, gatling, etc), and the charge shot is armor penetrating making armor mobs a 2-shot kill.

That's a Trueshot Longbow

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Fat Samurai posted:

Is there any difference between soldier with shield and dwarf with shield? Or they do same things in party?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Plavski posted:

I like that they made the size difference an actual thing. I feel shorter as a dwarf, and it's weird how that can change your play. I feel way more overwhelmed as a dwarf shielder than the soldier as the reduced size makes everything slightly more claustrophobic and frantic.

If you are feeling that way you need to get more in the Dwarf mindset.

Go buy a keg.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
WTB Dwarf only DLC Keg. The Dwarf carries a Keg on his back which he can plop down and everyone can drink from. Acts as a healing potion but also gets you drunk and blurs your screen.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kirs posted:

Is there any difference between soldier with shield and dwarf with shield? Or they do same things in party?

They both scream a lot and talk about beer. So pretty similar.

I really like the VA in this.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kind of wish they'd remove the bits that prevent you from going backwards on the map. More than one occasion we had a member get caught by that one rat guy and pulled away practically as they were moving off that fall or ramp or whatever have you. Since the rest of the team was already off it, they couldn't do anything to save the person. Those two elements don't gel well together.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Soldier's handgun owns super hard. Does the dwarf get one too?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Kind of wish they'd remove the bits that prevent you from going backwards on the map. More than one occasion we had a member get caught by that one rat guy and pulled away practically as they were moving off that fall or ramp or whatever have you. Since the rest of the team was already off it, they couldn't do anything to save the person. Those two elements don't gel well together.

Those elements exist in L4D, you are supposed to check and make sure everyone is moving as one. Kind of like getting smokered on drops and poo poo.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

Working as intended.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Dravs posted:

They do no market research. This isn't a "I'm a follower of the company and annoyed at their business decisions so I'm gonna make absurd hyperbolic statements about them" thing, they have literally stated that not only do they not do market research, they think they don't need to and that they "tell the market what it wants". They've also stated that they think having multiple different products for the same setting* leads to them "competing against themselves" which is why they're so allergic to spinoffs and video game properties and so on instead of tapping different parts of the market and that video games (or possibly just Pokemon - you know, nintendo's biggest moneymaker) is/are a passing fad. They also have no idea how to run an online presence. Essentially, their leadership is stuck in the 80s.

*it's speculated this is precisely why they have so many video game tie-ins coming out for warhammer fantasy right when they decided to nuke the setting - since the setting no longer exists, video games in that setting aren't competing against the tabletop stuff anymore! :downs:

Jimbot posted:

Those were all over the place in Left 4 Dead as well. They serve a couple important purposes - regularly gating the level so that you're not tempted to backtrack and pick up the healthkit at the start of the level, and making sure you're sticking together both in a broad sense and progressing through the level in a group instead of everyone running at their own pace.

e: plus in versus (which normally favored the survivors heavily) they act as points that give the enemy team a temporary advantage by making the survivors slow down to make sure they all go together, which gives more time to spawn, and if you play your cards right/the survivors have a guy who lags behind for whatever reason it's an easy kill.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 19, 2015

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

They both scream a lot and talk about beer. So pretty similar.
Ah, but the dwarf sings.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
The dwarf also complains about killstealing which as the regular kill leader in my group, owns. Both when I am the dwarf and when I am not.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Drythe posted:

Those elements exist in L4D, you are supposed to check and make sure everyone is moving as one. Kind of like getting smokered on drops and poo poo.

And smokers are worse because they can drag you away from the edge, and appear out of nowhere due to their ranged attack. Packmasters are the same but you can see them coming, while Runners can suddenly pounce but will keep you in a shooting range of your allies if you weren't way behind anyways

Also smokers were really gross

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
pubbies are vermintards®

context: horn of magnus, hard. was running with a buddy and two pubbies; pubbie A was inexperienced and probably 13 but just kind of pitifully bad instead of contemptuously inept, pubbie Elf tried to play pointman and died around four times or so. neither one grasped that standing behind the person with the shield was a good idea.

i vetoed going for a second grimoire since both the pubbies were being terrible so we did the finale using the craven hide-on-the-horn exploit. Well, the elf went to hide under the horn, instead. a gutter runner landed on me, pushing off pubbie A, who died horribly. elf died horribly doing something stupid that I failed to notice. it was down to me and my friend, and we held out, threw some bombs, and booked it to the elevator, leaving the two pubs hogtied near it to probably live their stupid lives in wretched chattel slavery while we ran away.

that didnt go over well.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Please tell me that you made it out okay and the "satisfaction of working as a team" facetanking pubbie ragequit before the rolls for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
we survived and got nice loot, because we are Owners

i think they got free stuff as well but im willing to accept that not everything can be perfect

• Locked thread