Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Trivium played a venue on Long Island about 11 years ago on a lineup of mostly hardcore/heavier bands. We all were in extreme agony as we sat through their god awful set. One of my friends mooned the singer and the singer gave us the finger. That was funny

Trivium were never ever good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
We get it, you hate everything, I don't understand why you even post here

Go away :)

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Well, a lot of the stuff he doesn't like is pretty bad. I like metalcore but a lot of the fanbase tends to have low standards, so people who are grumpy and overly critical are welcome in a weird way.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

New Deafheaven is pretty incredible and I've been listening to it nonstop. I occasionally try to steer you guys in the right direction and post good stuff but everyone keeps defaulting back to horrible poo poo like Parkway Drive like wtf just accept it that they suck.

What the gently caress is Trivium? Seriously. They're always been a weird like wannabe "real metal" band hanging out in the hardcore scene. They're loving BAD.

e: I've also been digging the new Fit For An Autopsy, and a friend of mine put me onto a band called Old Wounds and they loving rule. I don't hate everything, I'm just extremely discerning.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 6, 2015

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

ShoogaSlim posted:

e: I've also been digging the new Fit For An Autopsy, and a friend of mine put me onto a band called Old Wounds and they loving rule. I don't hate everything, I'm just extremely discerning.

yea son i posted the stream in the last page, its really good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

New Deafheaven is pretty incredible and I've been listening to it nonstop. I occasionally try to steer you guys in the right direction and post good stuff but everyone keeps defaulting back to horrible poo poo like Parkway Drive like wtf just accept it that they suck.

What the gently caress is Trivium? Seriously. They're always been a weird like wannabe "real metal" band hanging out in the hardcore scene. They're loving BAD.

Trivium and Parkway Drive are terrible but so is most of what you listen to. Deafheaven aren't but they also aren't even remotely close to metalcore.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It's almost like people like different things and constantly making GBS threads on other people's opinions gets really, really old

In other news, the new blessthefall is poppy as gently caress and I can't stop listening to it

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Trivium and Parkway Drive are terrible but so is most of what you listen to. Deafheaven aren't but they also aren't even remotely close to metalcore.

If Deafheaven had brodowns or djent elements or, like, Born of Osiris synth noodling I would probably enjoy them more honestly

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Speaking of Born of Osiris, man are those new songs bad. I really dug The Discovery when it came out but Uhh I guess that's it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

This song by Old Wounds is so sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSoW-iCUDMA

And I kinda dig this new BoO song, although the other new one isn't so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVPn666h_8s

(there should be more music in this thread)

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
I really shouldn't like BoO at all, considering how poorly-written and inconsistent everything of theirs is, but their keyboard work is awesome and the main guitar lick of Recreate is the coolest-sounding poo poo ever. I'm a huge sucker for furturistic/synth-heavy metal :negative:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Gamma Nerd posted:

I really shouldn't like BoO at all, considering how poorly-written and inconsistent everything of theirs is, but their keyboard work is awesome and the main guitar lick of Recreate is the coolest-sounding poo poo ever. I'm a huge sucker for furturistic/synth-heavy metal :negative:

I honestly do like The Discovery, I think it's a good album. The last one they put out thought felt like they took ideas that sound cool for the first minute-thriry of the song and just stretched them out over 4 minutes. Got boring pretty quick imo. Feel the same way about the new songs. I'll withhold further judgement until the album is out, because that's pretty soon right?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Yeah it's on the 23rd. they did lose their guitarist, he moved to Chelsea Grin (lol) and he was by far the best part of the band so my expectations are very low

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Cult Leader's newest album, Lightless Walk, is streaming if anyone's interested in that kind of music (Gaza, etc). It's really good, probably Kurt Ballou's heaviest production to date.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

oversteps posted:

Cult Leader's newest album, Lightless Walk, is streaming if anyone's interested in that kind of music (Gaza, etc). It's really good, probably Kurt Ballou's heaviest production to date.

i liked their EP but this is way better. they're like a heavier, angrier version of Gaza (im pretty sure it's the same dudes right?)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheIllestVillain posted:

i liked their EP but this is way better. they're like a heavier, angrier version of Gaza (im pretty sure it's the same dudes right?)

Minus the vocalist

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Protest the Hero is doing a weird new thing

https://protestthehero.bandcamp.com/pacific-myth

Basically, you pay $12 and get a new song every month for six months (plus the instrumental). Or you can pay $25 and get the songs and a Making of Volition documentary. I'm going to spring for the $25, because why not?

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

XIII posted:

I'm going to spring for the $25, because why not?

Same. I like the new song, it's growing on me the more I listen to it. Hopefully I'm not totally sick of it a month from now when they release the next one. Hope the documentary is cool

Feels like they're just picking up right where they left off with Volition.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Why not? I could name plenty of loving reasons why not but whatever.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

Protest the Hero is doing a weird new thing

https://protestthehero.bandcamp.com/pacific-myth

Basically, you pay $12 and get a new song every month for six months (plus the instrumental). Or you can pay $25 and get the songs and a Making of Volition documentary. I'm going to spring for the $25, because why not?

tags: luke hoskin metal mike ieradi pacific myth protest the hero ragged tooth rody walker subscription tim macmillar alternative casual flatulence math rock progressive metal rock Toronto

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Ugh I already pay $10 a month for Google Music.

E: I did love Volition though have generally liked most of what PTH have done (Kezia/Fortress own)

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 16, 2015

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The way I see it, I stream all their other albums on Google Music (except Fortress, which I bought and uploaded back before it was available to stream), so I've been enjoying their music for years without them really receiving much/any financial support. I'll get well over $2 of enjoyment out of each of the new songs. I can shave $25 off my weekly bar tabs (I won't) and support a band I like (I already did).

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

new born of osiris LP dropped yesterday. its ok, dull as poo poo sometimes since most of the songs sound the same but there's a couple of bangers in there

worth a listen if you liked their last two albums

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

TheIllestVillain posted:

new born of osiris LP dropped yesterday. its ok, dull as poo poo sometimes since most of the songs sound the same but there's a couple of bangers in there

worth a listen if you liked their last two albums

That has always been BoO for me, i can't say i hate them just that it all sounds the same to me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I know not everyone will love 'em like I love' em, but Art Far Away are releasing one more album before calling it quits. They just released a teaser. It's as weird as they are and I'm stoked (and saddened that this will be the last we hear from them).
https://youtu.be/6E3yeKjUGVM

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

XIII posted:

I know not everyone will love 'em like I love' em, but Art Far Away are releasing one more album before calling it quits. They just released a teaser. It's as weird as they are and I'm stoked (and saddened that this will be the last we hear from them).
https://youtu.be/6E3yeKjUGVM

Well, I'm torn. Verisimilitude is my favorite metalcore album of all time, and this sounds just as good (though I'm peeved the vocoder is back, since I don't think it fits), but it baffles me that they chose to break up. I hope they do their enormous talent justice in future projects, though - Adam Dahlman is an absolutely unparalleled vocalist. Did they just not attract enough interest? I've shown, like, all of my online friends their music :negative:

The Ghost Network and Migraine sound loving fantastic, complaints about Rabbit Hole aside :flashfap:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Gamma Nerd posted:

Well, I'm torn. Verisimilitude is my favorite metalcore album of all time, and this sounds just as good (though I'm peeved the vocoder is back, since I don't think it fits), but it baffles me that they chose to break up. I hope they do their enormous talent justice in future projects, though - Adam Dahlman is an absolutely unparalleled vocalist. Did they just not attract enough interest? I've shown, like, all of my online friends their music :negative:

The Ghost Network and Migraine sound loving fantastic, complaints about Rabbit Hole aside :flashfap:

I don't know, I kinda dig the vocoder. It doesn't fit at all, which makes me love it. It took a bit for me to get into Adam's vocal style, but I was so immediately in love with the riffs that I kept listening. The vocals clicked shortly after. I just don't think they got enough backing. Their YouTube channel has under 75 subscribers (I'm one of them). Real bummer, since they're super loving talented.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

So LGND finally dropped their record. it's where DL (Acacia Strain) landed, Chad Ruhlig (For the Fallen Dreams) is the frontman. It's like Bury Your Dead meets Meshuggah meets Sevendust. I'm feeling it except honestly LGND shouldn't have cleans. DL sings the cleans and you can tell he's channeling the guy from Sevendust hard as gently caress. He produced the record and it's less muddy wall of sound than DITOM so that's good. Still, legit angry weightlifting murder album.

My jam on this tape is The Screaming Screen http://youtu.be/P1iPRVy0zaQ

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

XIII posted:

I just don't think they got enough backing. Their YouTube channel has under 75 subscribers (I'm one of them). Real bummer, since they're super loving talented.

This is probably it. I did my best to promote them on here and Reddit, 4chan, RateYourMusic, etc etc. but one guy can't do it alone.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

So LGND finally dropped their record. it's where DL (Acacia Strain) landed, Chad Ruhlig (For the Fallen Dreams) is the frontman. It's like Bury Your Dead meets Meshuggah meets Sevendust. I'm feeling it except honestly LGND shouldn't have cleans. DL sings the cleans and you can tell he's channeling the guy from Sevendust hard as gently caress. He produced the record and it's less muddy wall of sound than DITOM so that's good. Still, legit angry weightlifting murder album.

Gonna have to check out this album for sure. Sounds pretty interesting. Never listened to any LGND (Didn't they used to be called Legend?) before but IF DL is in it and produced it why the gently caress not.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

A buddy of mine texted me about the new LGND telling me how sick it is. It's not. It's pretty loving mediocre.

The new Born of Osiris is actually p cool tho, you guys.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

ShoogaSlim posted:

The new Born of Osiris is actually p cool tho, you guys.

I do not trust you.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
lol what song is this
https://vine.co/v/eEWbzlMKe2E

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Wamsutta posted:

Bout time. Since when are they called LGND though?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Whoa what the gently caress? This clean singing is actually pretty good! He sounds like ya boy right here, Howard Jones. :pwn:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The new Gorod is kind of forgettable. Real letdown since Perfect Absolution was so good.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Lol I stopped listening to LGND the second I heard those dreadful cleans

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I stopped listening to it because it was boring as poo poo

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Yeah I checked out a few songs and some of the riffs are pretty good but I found it pretty boring overall. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I know this isn't the thread for it, but I don't exactly want anything to do with the thread for it.

I've been jamming the new Coheed and Cambria album a bunch and it's very good.

Also Born of Osiris's new album is also very good and not boring.