Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Korean Boomhauer posted:

vermintide is cool and good i dont know a single drat thing about warhammer but the characters are funney

it's nothing super different from what you would expect from lotr-style fantasy. elves are arrogant dicks, dwarves are drunken miners, humans are in various stages of medieval fantasy but with wizards and steam powered tanks, skaven are rat men that are powered by moon rocks, there are aztec lizards on the other side of the world, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Korean Boomhauer posted:

vermintide is cool and good i dont know a single drat thing about warhammer but the characters are funney
the only thing you need to know about fantasy warhammer is that it's inferior to warhammer 40k :agesilaus:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

burlesque = baller as gently caress for le classy gentlesirs

dancing for graphics cards = bad and misogynistic just because the audience is dorky?

this seems ... erm... a troublesome way of thinking to me

Burlesque is classy because the performers are fat hth.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vlad the Retailer posted:

it's amazing how many "you can do that???" moments the game has, even though there's only 13 opcodes

it also just dawned on me that you can halt a node with something like

code:
0:JEZ 0
this game :psyduck:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
lol. tis-100 legit helped prepare me for some of the concepts i'm dealing with right now in my computer organization class

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
cgs: playing wasteland 2 dc, edited all my stats to be 10 and just running around blastin' fools

it's crazy how dogshit it runs compared to a well-programmed game like pillars of eternity, it's still fun tho

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I use my geography and history knowledge from Map gaming to have sex.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
so this tis-100 thing is SPIM gamified

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hey knuc what is up with the hat in the av, and how long has that been like that

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

cgs: playing wasteland 2 dc, edited all my stats to be 10 and just running around blastin' fools

it's crazy how dogshit it runs compared to a well-programmed game like pillars of eternity, it's still fun tho

did you play non-dc? how does it compare?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

so this tis-100 thing is SPIM gamified

spim is cool and good, tis-100 definitely has a few weird gamey choices though like the node system and the image module

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

hey knuc what is up with the hat in the av, and how long has that been like that

Someone changed it a few days ago. It's a fedora.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

i haven't... but i suppose i should

i notice the difference more on my 2013 mba (which runs poe pretty drat well) but there's definitely still some level of shoddiness on my windows desktop pc. i've heard it leaks memory like crazy too

it's still pretty new and only has 1 hotfix patch and will probably need a couple more

gameplay wise quirks are very meh but the perks are decent (but not super exciting either) as are precision strikes. i guess there's a lot more voiceover work, but i'd say it's nothing special either

i'll d/l and try out non-dc and see if i notice anything else

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

its pretty similar. new one has some slightly improved graphics, runs on the newest unity engine version, and introduces perks and quirks. perks are bonuses you get while leveling, and quirks are weird modifiers you take during creation. it also puts in fallout-style precision attacks, and i think some new content

so it's better, but if you didn't like it before, i don't think the dc will change your mind

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

its pretty similar. new one has some slightly improved graphics, runs on the newest unity engine version, and introduces perks and quirks. perks are bonuses you get while leveling, and quirks are weird modifiers you take during creation. it also puts in fallout-style precision attacks, and i think some new content

so it's better, but if you didn't like it before, i don't think the dc will change your mind

i liked it but thought it was missing a certain something. ill give dc a try at some point

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Someone changed it a few days ago. It's a fedora.

are you sure it's not a trilby? the brim looks rather narrow

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

prefect posted:

are you sure it's not a trilby? the brim looks rather narrow

It's a fedora.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
played some Prison of Elders last night, that's some p fun content even though my and my bro got rolled by a mine room with Arc Burn filled with Arc Wizards and fuuuuuuuck that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that is the worst room

when they first showed off the prison of elders on twitch their team couldn't beat it and they had to give up after going way over time

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
haha that's loving great

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

it's a shame poe gives year one loot because it's cool as hell

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

although there's no shuffle in attributes/skills, and weapons/etc might be slightly rebalanced, certain perks can wildly change the way certain weapons/skills work

heavy weapons gets a tree that gives up to 8% per bullet chance of inflicting a precision strike effect. brawling gets something similar much earlier on where every attack has a 10% chance of inflicting random precision strike effects

precision strike effects are pretty good, but the penalty to hit chance for them is steep. getting them to proc for free is nice

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

soloed oryx over the weekend, i dunno if that was supposed to be the way of things

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

kalstrams posted:

the only thing you need to know about fantasy warhammer is that it's inferior to warhammer 40k :agesilaus:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Liver Disaster posted:

soloed oryx over the weekend, i dunno if that was supposed to be the way of things

there's two oryx fights, one is from the story mission regicide and is a p standard boss fight and easily soloable. the other is the end of the king's fall raid and is almost certainly literally impossible to solo (barring someone discovering a weird exploitable glitch)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the regicide fight is kind of disappointing, it's just a harder version of the echo of oryx fight youve already done a million times with a bit at the end where he attacks you with a sword

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

yeah as a titan nothing feels too hard, moved all my specs into recovery and brought a machine gun

e: so ill end up doing that second one sometime this week, hope my fireteam notices me :3

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 19, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

huh, nintendo is really pushing yo-kai watch

2ds+game bundle for 99$ at launch

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

actually, gwent owns

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

huh, nintendo is really pushing yo-kai watch

2ds+game bundle for 99$ at launch

it's outselling pokemon like crazy in japan

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
c rpg s: so i beat age of decadence. it's real good, and the occasional crash i initially had got hotfixed quickly

pretty short, though. my playthrough took me ~12 hours, but there's so many different ways to go through the game with completely different stories and questlines, that it really wants you to play through it multiple times with various characters

i went with a non-violent loremaster, and only had to do a couple of fights because i failed talking my way out of them. now i'm going to try out a combat-oriented character in the imperial guard

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i finished mgsv yesterday, that was sudden and poo poo

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
mario maker update, some people played my level and i got my first comment:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Unyeah

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

etrian mystery dungeon for 20$ on eshop... hmm
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/i8Z_JhbHKdXQq11K6GyNcptM3SvgKaSj

and etrian odyssey iv for 10$!!
https://t.co/3xWgeEJGBM

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

so i am contemplating getting a wii u primarily for that mario maker game. it looks drat addicting.

outside of that game, is it worth to get a wii u?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Nitrocat posted:

so i am contemplating getting a wii u primarily for that mario maker game. it looks drat addicting.

the wii u has no bad games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nitrocat posted:

how much do you like nintendo franchises and bayonetta

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Korean Boomhauer posted:

hadn't heard of this until now. i'm surprised they don't sell a co-op bundle on steam to gift copies to friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nitrocat posted:

I heard they released an actually good Deus Ex Human Resources for the Wii U.

• Locked thread