Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

So I just resubbed and it only gave me the Hutt Cartel, and I still need to purchase the Shadow of Revan. I thought I got both for free?

Revan becomes free to subscribers when KOTFE launches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I'll get that in like a week?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Zotix posted:

So I'll get that in like a week?

Yes, 10/27.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
So you like spreadsheets? Have you heard the good news about EVE Online?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've got 4600 Cartel coins sitting here, that I've got from having an authenticator for 4 years lol. Is there anything that's a must purchase asap?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Zotix posted:

I've got 4600 Cartel coins sitting here, that I've got from having an authenticator for 4 years lol. Is there anything that's a must purchase asap?

Rocket boost

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

go3 posted:

So you like spreadsheets? Have you heard the good news about EVE Online?

Even I'm not that crazy.

I have a job with a lot of down time in between getting yelled at where I'm sitting in front of a computer. I like minimizing inefficiencies so I tend to track poo poo since I have a lot of alts. I did track gear when I was raiding a ton so I knew who needed what, and I keep track of money and such so I know when I can afford to blow 15 million on a Crate-O-Matic. :)

I also have a spreadsheet tab to track reputation when I decide I want to max one out (Gree, Rakghoul, etc) so I know how many times I have to run them.

The comms was just an extension of Shadow of Revan when they announced the conversion of all comms to basics and I thought basic comms would be useful. Now I pretty much just use it to look and go "Okay, I can run an op with Nich since he isn't maxed in ultimate comms".

Anyone who wants the sheet I use is welcome to it. Lots of useless tabs but some might be handy for OCD folks like me. Sadly the tank spreadsheet numbers will need to be updated heavily with the new expansion but oh well.

Dropbox Link

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Don't feel stupid, you couldn't possibly predict how OCD I am so the thought wouldn't occur to you that I would track poo poo like that on a spreadsheet. At least I don't track which companions have Yavin gear, THAT would be obsessive!

Dang. Is there any way to get that kind of character info via the Web, or do you have to continually alt-tab between the game and a spreadsheet?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Have they said if the new KOTFE quest areas are open world, or is everything instanced?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Tuskin38 posted:

Have they said if the new KOTFE quest areas are open world, or is everything instanced?

There's a new central hub but, since it's all single player story, I'd guess the rest is all instanced to hell.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Dang. Is there any way to get that kind of character info via the Web, or do you have to continually alt-tab between the game and a spreadsheet?

Nah it's all manual, just remember I do a lot of "playing" where I'm not actually doing anything - either working on a project or watching a movie. So there's a ton of multi-tasking.

Tuskin38 posted:

I've got nothing to back this up but I have a feeling the *entire* expansion is going to be instanced. I suspect KOTFE is going to be kind of like a secondary game added to SWTOR, with the "begin play" button they demonstrated.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hulk Smash! posted:

There's a new central hub but, since it's all single player story, I'd guess the rest is all instanced to hell.

Will the new hub be cross faction?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Will the new hub be cross faction?

We don't know.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

We don't know.

It might be cross faction like Ziost is but no cross faction communication

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think it will probably follow the model we have in Shadow of Revan where there's an "adventure area" where you navigate to get to various areas and also where daily quests are done, but basically everything of consequence happens in an instance of some sort.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I might actually consider doing one of these non-class quests I keep speeding past if the writing for the class quests didn't make everything sound so urgent all the time. Give it a rest and let me play the rest of the game without feeling guilty/stupid.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If all I wanted to do was run battlegrounds or their equivalent, what's the best classes/ specs for that?

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Who's gonna romance Lana Baniko when KOTFE comes out?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I thought I had way more time!

I'd like to run the first raid, Eternity Vault, before it becomes an actual chore or something.

Maybe tonight while everyone shovels affection into Gault's face!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Who's gonna romance Lana Baniko when KOTFE comes out?

Probably depends on who's writing her character. Every stream has indicated she's full-bore DS like she was on Ziost rather than the sane, level-headed person from Shadow of Revan. Also for a fair few people it will depend on whether there are any other same-sex romances in KOTFE.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 19, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Really dude? The first spoiler was barely vague enough but your non tagged stuff cleared that right up.

I know you don't care about being spoiled but others do.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Really dude? The first spoiler was barely vague enough but your non tagged stuff cleared that right up.

I know you don't care about being spoiled but others do.

Good grief. I didn't realize stuff on the goddamn TOR website itself needed to be covered in spoilers. Fine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Good grief. I didn't realize stuff on the goddamn TOR website itself needed to be covered in spoilers. Fine.

I know it's fairly obvious to anyone looking, but remember there's a TON of people that are starting SWTOR for the first time with KOTFE. Any story elements that we take for granted are likely to be new to them.

Let's just be super tight lipped about story until at least a few weeks after KOTFE.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

I know it's fairly obvious to anyone looking, but remember there's a TON of people that are starting SWTOR for the first time with KOTFE. Any story elements that we take for granted are likely to be new to them.

Let's just be super tight lipped about story until at least a few weeks after KOTFE.

Fairly obvious? It's directly stated in stuff available on the KOTFE website. Kind of hard to talk about the expansion at all if you're... not allowed to talk about the expansion at all.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

In a Bioware game there's an attractive woman you can gently caress

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

StashAugustine posted:

In a Bioware game there's an attractive woman you can gently caress

Yeah, Honestly being a Jedi would own.

Attachments are bad, but pure NSA is A-OK.

Poor Theron :smith:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Fairly obvious? It's directly stated in stuff available on the KOTFE website. Kind of hard to talk about the expansion at all if you're... not allowed to talk about the expansion at all.

Maybe I'm coming across as too Draconian on this one, I'm just asking you to be careful. I know you ruined a major plot element for me a while back and quite a few other people have whispered/talked in TeamSpeak that you ruined stuff for them as well. I'm not going to start a feud because it's just a video game but please just realize it's a 100% story based expansion so if people know what happens it's disappointing. Same reason I'm not watching any trailers for Force Awakens.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Medullah posted:

Same reason I'm not watching any trailers for Force Awakens.

Not even the best part?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFJpGJiug

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

That is the best part. Also, the other 95 1/2 minutes of the run time.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Maybe I'm coming across as too Draconian on this one, I'm just asking you to be careful. I know you ruined a major plot element for me a while back and quite a few other people have whispered/talked in TeamSpeak that you ruined stuff for them as well. I'm not going to start a feud because it's just a video game but please just realize it's a 100% story based expansion so if people know what happens it's disappointing. Same reason I'm not watching any trailers for Force Awakens.

Thank you for someone actually telling me that that happened. I didn't realize anyone had actually been bothered by it, in which case fair enough. I was under the impression you were just being overly cautious.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Thank you for someone actually telling me that that happened. I didn't realize anyone had actually been bothered by it, in which case fair enough. I was under the impression you were just being overly cautious.

I'm just the rear end in a top hat that yells for the silent masses because I'm a known poopsocker who's invested too much time in this game. ;)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I'm just the rear end in a top hat that yells for the silent masses because I'm a known poopsocker who's invested too much time in this game. ;)

Whatever you do, don't add up the /played time of your characters! :smith:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

I don't blame you now that I understand there were people genuinely annoyed. Problem is, no one told me that there were until now. Thank you.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

I don't blame you now that I understand there were people genuinely annoyed. Problem is, no one told me that there were until now. Thank you.

Yeah all good.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Whatever you do, don't add up the /played time of your characters! :smith:

With my displayed OCD of spreadsheets don't you wonder why I took a nice long break early in the year. :)

It's still not as bad as my worst Everquest addiction was, where my /played accounted for approximately 85% of the time one year I wasn't working or sleeping. And I'm not exaggerating that number.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

I still cannot believe you actually got that bank character to 60. Nerd.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

I still cannot believe you actually got that bank character to 60. Nerd.

Yeah and holy poo poo I did it fast too. Like 18 hour /played but at least 3 of that was organizing vaults for her intended original purpose.

Don't remember much of 15-35, that was done one Friday evening after walking home from the bar.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah and holy poo poo I did it fast too. Like 18 hour /played but at least 3 of that was organizing vaults for her intended original purpose.

Don't remember much of 15-35, that was done one Friday evening after walking home from the bar.

He's a sorc, right?

Let me sum up the experience for you:

[you] *shock*
[NPC] Ow!
+50 DS points

At least if you it right.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Yeah all good.

I'm actually pretty aggravated with Bioware right now. The expansion releases tomorrow (for subscribers) and we still know nothing but vague implications about one of the major game systems in KOTFE. Not to mention the question whether it's just going to be Lana and Theron for everyone, period, or just those two for same-sex options, or if there will be more options than that, particularly with Lana's apparent change of characterization from SoR to Ziost and apparently KOTFE.

Not being able to talk with guildies trying to figure that stuff out in-game likewise annoys me. I don't like having to trawl the official forums for actual info about that system.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Zotix posted:

If all I wanted to do was run battlegrounds or their equivalent, what's the best classes/ specs for that?

Do you want to do ranked arenas or just unranked stuff? I don't do any ranked stuff anymore but last time I checked I think it was dominated by sorcerers, powertechs, and assassins. Sorcerers are really good right now for everything in PvP and I haven't seen any indication of that changing soon, so that's a good bet. Every group I'm in when I queue for warzones is seriously like half sorcerers. PTs and sins are good melee with high survivability. Sins (and operatives) rely a lot on stealth and getting a good opener off on someone to try and kill them quickly while locking them down. For unranked 8-man warzones, they're also useful for capping and guarding nodes. I think juggernauts are another decent choice for melee, they also have higher survivability. Probably stay away from sniper and mercenary if you want to do ranked, I don't think they're in a great place for that.

If you don't really care about ranked though, you can pretty much play whatever class you like best. Sorc, operative, and mercenary can all do good healing if that's your thing, although merc is probably the weakest of the three just due to lack of survivability/utility stuff. Any of the tank specs can do well, but personally I wouldn't recommend running tank unless you're queuing with people you know. Anyone can do well as DPS if they play their class right, even if some specs might technically be better than others. Sorc (again) is good and pretty easy to play, sniper is fun and can dish out a lot of damage but is a bit harder to play well. Juggernaut and PT are both good and tough to kill, assassins and operatives can be good but you have to put some thought into them to do really well, mercenaries and marauders can do a lot of damage but are basically glass cannons.

Basically, play whatever you want unless you plan to do ranked. In which case, you should probably just play sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Cythereal posted:

I'm actually pretty aggravated with Bioware right now. The expansion releases tomorrow (for subscribers) and we still know nothing but vague implications about one of the major game systems in KOTFE. Not to mention the question whether it's just going to be Lana and Theron for everyone, period, or just those two for same-sex options, or if there will be more options than that, particularly with Lana's apparent change of characterization from SoR to Ziost and apparently KOTFE.

Not being able to talk with guildies trying to figure that stuff out in-game likewise annoys me. I don't like having to trawl the official forums for actual info about that system.

You know you could just enjoy the ride and discover those things as you play, right? :)

• Locked thread