Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
That moba-mode sounds interesting. Does GOON have Mumble or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

midnightclimax posted:

That moba-mode sounds interesting. Does GOON have Mumble or something?

Have, maybe. As for whether someone uses it, I have bad news for you.

SFD uses Mumble often though, and you get to listen to Mesmer's music bot to boot.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I for one am overjoyed that my favourite digital sport Dota is coming to Guild Wars 2

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cum log in to sfd mumble, m'lord

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Attestant posted:

Well, this is just the natural dip in price after the speculation fueled increase in price has calmed down, after people realize the prices arent' going up RIGHT NOW. The actual future economy changes that ANET was talking about haven't even happened, so prices mught climb again.

oh i know

i'll wait and see if the release of HoT will make the price go up again

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Thoom posted:

I'm pretty sure they said new legendaries would have a gold cost in the same ballpark as the old ones.

I thought the entire point behind the new legendaries was to remove the gold barrier that we know from precursors.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Phosphia posted:

I thought the entire point behind the new legendaries was to remove the gold barrier that we know from precursors.
No, it was to remove the RNG element to obtaining a precursor. Some of the cheaper old precursors will probably end up costing you more gold than just buying them outright but stuff like Dusk/Dawn/The Legend ought to end up being cheaper but take time instead. It's all going to depend on what each scavenger hunt entails, really.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Lonk fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 19, 2015

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The next expansion will take place in the Far Shiverpeaks, and center around Jormag and the Norn. You can name it Conquest of Lost Domains, or CoLD for short.

ANet, I'll take payment by check or in gems.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
If you haven't gotten in on Runes of the Flame Legion and Sigils of Smoldering then now is the time to buy buy buy!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I was lamenting that I couldn't get the last guild bank done on time for HoT release for my bank guild, but then realized I need ed another tier in architect before I could craft it. It's a good thing the old guild upgrades will be going away cause having the tier upgrades look the same is kinda confusing.

Though if I sell my store of ectos I should have just enough to end up getting it. Probably not worth it though, might be better to pump that gold into gems for when bank panels go on sale again.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

RottenK posted:

thick leather sections are falling in price again

oh well, i'm used to losing all my gold to idiotic ventures

time to farm up some more for the next time i need to throw it all away by hopping on a price bubble too late :v:

There was a hard wall of 2 million at 48c that it wasn't going to go past on speculation alone, i think it only dropped to 1.8 million. It might be worth it to buy in again if it drops much farther.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Can someone photoshop Bernie Sanders into a Charr? For reasons.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
gently caress all your pretty Norn mancesses, it's making me want to delete my humans and make them Norn.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Norn master race supremacy.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

ItBurns posted:

If you haven't gotten in on Runes of the Flame Legion and Sigils of Smoldering then now is the time to buy buy buy!

Why's that? Burn damage gonna be the next big thing?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Mango Pies are the next big thing

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sjonnar posted:

Why's that? Burn damage gonna be the next big thing?

Yes.

Probad posted:

Mango Pies are the next big thing

Yes.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

As everyone who has ever played fractals knows, Anet loves announcing features for fractals and then never implementing them. Don't worry, HoT will be no different! The Fractals leaderboards that they reset everyone's fractals levels for in 2013 and have been coming out "soon" ever since aren't coming out in HoT either, shocking everyone who was born yesterday. Also that legendary backpack won't be available either!

quote:

Fractal Dungeon Leaderboards
Back when we announced all the updates to Fractals for Heart of Thorns – the announce blog also discussed more information coming before HoT about leaderboards for Fractals. Our team of folks working on Fractal dungeons kept iterating on this concept and ultimately we have decided to make it something more involved (re: exciting) than our original plans which will extend our development a bit more. This also means you’ll be able to earn the new fractal backpack precursor, but a few of the components for the new legendary will come with this expanded future fractals feature.
As always, we’ll discuss features once they’re far enough along to share development details on; our Fractal Dungeon team will be back with more updates about this and other plans for Fractal Dungeons in the future: when it’s ready™.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Handful-of-HoT-Notes/first#post5624038

This is the content they're "incentivizing" by removing cash rewards from dungeons.

p.s. "What? There's a fractal collection in this game?!?!?" - Anet, 2014.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Arena "EA" net literally taking content out of their paid DLC mere days before release see you in Azeroth!!!!

HEVampersand
Apr 2, 2005

Do you even own a toothbrush?
Is a catastrophic launch for HoT going to cause irreparable damage to the longevity of Guild Wars 2 as a whole or could an initial surge of players both f2p and otherwise help the game continue to survive? I guess what I mean is if people realize that the amount of content we will have to play at launch of HoT proves to be.. limited. Will it affect the longterm health of the game and limit or cancel potential updates in the future?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Probably not, gw2 is old enough to to have a stable player base. Besides we've gone on for months/a year since any new content has come out. If you're still playing by this point, chances are you won't stop.

Not like there is a sub fee or gear grind that will leave you in the dust if you do take a break.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
i didnt plunk down fifty american dollars for this very reason. also because i play maybe 1-2 hours a night to do my daily and blob with a bunch of other retards pressing 1

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SlothBear posted:

As everyone who has ever played fractals knows, Anet loves announcing features for fractals and then never implementing them. Don't worry, HoT will be no different! The Fractals leaderboards that they reset everyone's fractals levels for in 2013 and have been coming out "soon" ever since aren't coming out in HoT either, shocking everyone who was born yesterday. Also that legendary backpack won't be available either!

This is also why I'm not putting down $50: they're showing almost zero commitment to anything beyond open-world boss rushes with 90 of your friends (?) and nigh-incomprehensible raids (and, given ArenaNet's track record, who knows if they'll even make any more past the post-release one).

I mean, I know why they aren't developing any of the other stuff further (it is insanely more profitable to create open-world encounters with minimal balance or testing requirements and microtransaction/grind-based hats), but it's an utter disappointment as someone who actually enjoys playing video games.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
It's getting pretty casual in here.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Vermain posted:

This is also why I'm not putting down $50: they're showing almost zero commitment to anything beyond open-world boss rushes with 90 of your friends (?) and nigh-incomprehensible raids (and, given ArenaNet's track record, who knows if they'll even make any more past the post-release one).

I mean, I know why they aren't developing any of the other stuff further (it is insanely more profitable to create open-world encounters with minimal balance or testing requirements and microtransaction/grind-based hats), but it's an utter disappointment as someone who actually enjoys playing video games.

This has always been the issue with GW2. It's gorgeous and the combat is fun if not a little limited but at the end of the day Guild Wars 2 the game is very lacking in the 'game' department.

But as long as they can keep pumping that sweet sweet whale oil into their coffers I don't expect any real change. Play it till you get bored then go spend your time in an actual 'game'. The whales will keep the light on for when you want to return for a short stint.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
The changes to WvW reset really show their out of touch with the core playerbase and tried to move it to noon Saturday NA time befor everyone complain. it sad that I am looking forward to the SWTOR expansion far more then HoT now.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Did Arenanet remove PvP solo queue? That seems like strange decision considering their e-sport ambitions.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Magical Zero posted:

Did Arenanet remove PvP solo queue? That seems like strange decision considering their e-sport ambitions.

Yes, but most of the people in unranked are solo. Maybe the same for ranked but I'm not waiting 10 minutes for games these days.

On the other hand, PvP being trash means that you can smash WvW-tier players without all of the running around.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Liquid WXP is going away. You will soon be able to buy hero points in WvW which will auto-complete PvE hero points for you, so you can earn your elite spec in WvW.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/

For the don't work from home crew:

quote:

Greetings, Tyrians!
As part of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ release, we’ll be deprecating current liquid world experience consumables and adding a new system to World vs. World in which players can complete all of the hero challenges in the game without leaving WvW. We’re doing this because we want WvW players to have the opportunity to earn their profession’s elite specialization entirely by playing WvW.

Scrolls of Heroics
  • As you gain rank in WvW, you’ll earn new Proofs of Heroics items.
  • These proofs can be spent at the new heroics notary vendor, located at every WvW spawn point.
  • The vendor sells new consumables called Notarized Scrolls of Heroics and Notarized Scrolls of Maguuma Heroics, as well as superior siege weapon blueprints.
  • When consumed, these scrolls will complete one random hero challenge in either Central Tyria or Maguuma, respectively.
  • Combining 1 proof and 30 Badges of Honor yields 1 Notarized Scroll of Heroics.
  • Combining 5 proofs and 150 Badges of Honor yields 1 Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics.
  • Once a player has unlocked all the hero challenges in a region, its associated scroll will no longer be available for purchase.
  • Any scrolls purchased above the cap can be consumed to refund the purchase price.
  • Notarized Scrolls of Maguuma Heroics will be unavailable to players who do not own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
The addition of these new items means you can do every hero challenge in the game by exclusively playing WvW if you wish!

Changes to Liquid World Experience
In the interest of fairness to PvE players, we didn’t want to allow any WvW players who may have been stockpiling liquid world experience to instantly rank up a bunch of times and immediately begin unlocking the new expansion hero challenges the moment the expansion released. To that end, we’re making the following changes to liquid world experience:
  • On patch day, any leftover liquid world experience consumables in player inventories or banks will be converted into 50% WXP booster consumables.
  • These WXP boosters vary in duration (15 minutes to 10 hours) depending on the type of liquid world experience item replaced.
  • The laurel vendor will no longer sell liquid world experience.
  • Daily WvW achievements now reward 20-minute general experience boosters rather than 250 liquid WXP consumables. These experience boosters are consumed immediately and grant boosts in all game modes, boosting experience, world experience, and Player vs. Player rewards.
  • In all other locations, liquid world experience consumables have been replaced with new, automatically consumed instant world experience consumables of equivalent value. While it’s still possible that on a rare occasion you’ll earn a keg of world experience, it’ll just be consumed instantly.
We’re excited to have a new system for players to earn hero points while playing World vs. World! We believe the changes to liquid world experience to be a worthwhile trade-off, and we can’t wait for you to join us in unlocking our elite specializations as we bathe in the tears of our defeated foes!
See you on the battlefield!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Bird, which guild hall are we going to use?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Magical Zero posted:

That's been out for ages. Best guess is that for a long time, there was basically a very tiny playerbase. Even without it, queues half a year ago were getting up to four or five minutes for even fairly middling players, and top players were seeing ten minute plus waits. There was a lot of e-sports ranting at launch, then it was basically ignored for quite a while apparently and they've only started growing it again in the past year or so (first WTS was late 2014, go4gw2 weeklies started almost exactly a year ago). It's been growing steadily again so hopefully it will come back with HoT or soon after.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

where is the cheapest place to buy dis

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
*scribbles "wvw notary" onto a sheet of construction paper titled "launch day exploit targets"*

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I just don't see why they think people will want to play a not as good version of a moba when all mobas are free already.

Where is my deathmatch only solo queue.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

SlothBear posted:

I just don't see why they think people will want to play a not as good version of a moba when all mobas are free already.

I mean I'd play an FPS over MMO PvP any day of the week, but it's still fun to PvP with your character.

Plus Smite is the only good moba and GW2 will probably be the second best.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Oxymoron.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lyer posted:

Bird, which guild hall are we going to use?

Cave

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

SlothBear posted:

The reason I'm interested in it is exactly because the people who play mobas won't be playing the GW2 moba due to it being a not as good version.

As awful as the GW2 population is, its still nothing compared to the poo poo people that mobas get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
[strolls by some people playing Chess in the park] Hey, nice MOBA you got going on there. "Bot or feed", haha. Who's winning?

• Locked thread