Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

There's a girl at my work named Nokia. Another one named Arial (Not sure on the spelling).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://twitter.com/heightismxposed

:qq:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey now, you can be 6'4" and still piss away every advantage it gives, take heart short guys.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

EugeneJ posted:

Sex with tall girls is awkward

There are a lot of limbs everywhere, but they still scream and cry just like normal-sized girls.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

NESguerilla posted:

It def makes doggy style sort of awkward.

Depends who's doing which job :shrug:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Ronwayne posted:

Hey now, you can be 6'4" and still piss away every advantage it gives, take heart short guys.

I dunno man that's like too tall unless you're a basketball player

I think the advantages start around 5'10 and go away around 6'2

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Cowman posted:

There's a girl at my work named Nokia. Another one named Arial (Not sure on the spelling).

If she's skinny you should call her Arial Narrow.
If she's short you should call her Arial Condensed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And Arial Bold by default.

Can also call her Helvetica Jr.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm 5'11" and I always felt slightly taller than most folk, which was nice. Then I moved to Australia and everyone is at least 6'5" even the women its crazy

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The trick to being tall is pretty simple, just have superior genes.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

first link doesnt work

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

There are a lot of limbs everywhere, but they still scream and cry just like normal-sized girls.

why would you have sex in the forest

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I'm a woman of 5'11" and I once dated a guy who was 5'5". It was going really well until he told me about his Hungarian girlfriend who was coming over to live soon. And that's why I don't like short guys, I gave one a chance! My SO is the same height as me and it's fine.

It sucked being a tall girl growing up, (endless Big Bird jokes) but as an adult I tend to like it. People give you more respect and don't tend to patronise you like other, shorter women. The only sucky thing is buying shoes. The larger your feet the more orthopedic they tend to get.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

second-hand smegma posted:

I'm like 5'7" & 1/2...so...I'm okay...right?

thats like the world average, as long as u stay out of the netherlands u good

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Rasmussen posted:

I'm 5'11" and I always felt slightly taller than most folk, which was nice. Then I moved to Australia and everyone is at least 6'5" even the women its crazy

the average here is like 5'9 tops m8, maybe ur really only 5'4 and just bad at judgeing height

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

TheIllestVillain posted:

the average here is like 5'9 tops m8, maybe ur really only 5'4 and just bad at judgeing height

gently caress i did fail maths more than once

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Its the same the other way; you all look alike, its just a matter of how much of the top of your head I can see.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

naem posted:

No college degree is a golden ticket these days, you have to go out there and hustle and be flexible and be willing to take opportunities as they come.

I have an uncle who just retired after 40 years as an accountant earning a comfortable six figure income who's been miserable his entire life

These false gods are waved at us. A system of belief that we are to follow. But those gods are lies. Lies built from capitalism. The new jesus.

gently caress you capitalism!

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

froward posted:

same and i also like anise (lol sounds like anus) flavors, in dark liquorice. not big on IPAs but i guzzle a stout.

are we monsters?

BLACK BEER BEST BEER

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
All the really short dudes I've known just got real fucken beefy and now no one says poo poo to them because the low center of gravity and massive shoulders along with their boiling rage make them excellent brawlers. If such a man chooses to grow a beard he will looking like a dwarven berserker.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Rough Lobster posted:

All the really short dudes I've known just got real fucken beefy and now no one says poo poo to them because the low center of gravity and massive shoulders along with their boiling rage make them excellent brawlers. If such a man chooses to grow a beard he will looking like a dwarven berserker.

Short skinny guys really get hosed I guess, they don't get to be tall OR strong.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

notZaar posted:

Short skinny guys really get hosed I guess, they don't get to be tall OR strong.

Yeah but you can fix one of those.

5'4" and ripped as hell is more impressive than a 6'2" skeleton

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

But it's a lot easier to get really fat, almost as good.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

being short owns in that respect, after 1 month of seriously gyming it up I look kinda beefy, while taller guys just look like they accidentally lifted something heavy a couple of days ago

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This is all Randy Newman's fault.

Newman! :argh:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

the biggest upside to being short is how much money you save on alcohol and drugs

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

NESguerilla posted:

It def makes doggy style sort of awkward.

if she's short its awkward too? All sexhavers must be identical height +/-2". Hell all sex is awkward imo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LOL if your not covering your face in shame during sex

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Rondette posted:

And that's why I don't like short guys, I gave one a chance! My SO is the same height as me and it's fine.

Imagine if you said that about Asian guys. "My SO is the same race as me and it's fine"

I'm 6' but baffled by this obsession people have with height, such that sometimes it's the only thing in their Tinder profiles. Maybe it's one of those things that I don't see because I'm not affected by it, but seriously how is this a big deal? Is it not hard enough already to find people that share interests and sensibilities, that we've got people making an arbitrary cut-off like height? And of all the physical characteristics, it's height and not figure?

Do these (purportedly basic) girls honestly prefer a flabby-looking 6'2" guy over a cut 5'6" guy, all else equal?

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 19, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Stinky_Pete posted:

Imagine if you said that about Asian guys. "My SO is the same race as me and it's fine"

lmao

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah but you can fix one of those.

5'4" and ripped as hell is more impressive than a 6'2" skeleton

No I meant skinny as in naturally small frame. Your musculature is dependent on your genes same as height, working out will help but they're not going to get huge unless they roid it up.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

A Strange Aeon posted:

There's a town near me called Versailles pronounced "Ver-Sails". What can you do? If you pronounce it how you think it should be pronounced, nobody knows what you're talking about or thinks you're being pretentious and French.

Is this place, by chance, near another town called DuBois that is pronounced "do boys"?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Claven666 posted:

Is this place, by chance, near another town called DuBois that is pronounced "do boys"?

Hay now, we speak good 'n at down here in Pixburgh! Careful gawn owt, it's slippy!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Claven666 posted:

That's a pretty good cover name for a NAMBLA-style community

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

This guy is ~27 now, tattoo or incarceration status unknown.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

Hay now, we speak good 'n at down here in Pixburgh! Careful gawn owt, it's slippy!

better red yerself up, we're goin to Primani brothers

Stinky_Pete posted:

That's a pretty good cover name for a NAMBLA-style community

oh, that cover's been blown many times over my friend. welcome to appalachia

Radical and BADical! fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 19, 2015

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I dunno man that's like too tall unless you're a basketball player

I think the advantages start around 5'10 and go away around 6'2

YOu are loving DUMB. 6'4" is pro. 5'10 you are barely taller then women. At 6'4" you can still be taller than those tall sexy model type ladies.

5'10" is basically a short gently caress

6'2" is ok but 6'4" - 6'6" is pro height

get gud at being tall scrub

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just the other day I was wondering what it would be like walking around the office unable to see over the cube walls.

edit:
vvv Pretty much what I was envisioning.

withak fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 19, 2015

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

this is a good forum -- http://www.makemetaller.org/

http://www.livescience.com/28537-ideal-penis-size-depends-on-height.html

quote:

When the researchers controlled for shoulder-to-hip ratio, they found that a larger penis had a greater effect on attractiveness for taller men. It's possible that a larger penis just looked more proportional on a taller man's body, the researchers wrote, or it could be that women were biased against shorter men to the extent that even large genitals didn't help.

• Locked thread