Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Hey, gents.

I'm trying to follow along with the Call of Chernobyl discussion, but I'm a bit behind. Is there a link to install instructions for COC plus instructions on how to get the maps more populated, get the mods installed, and what the correct install order should be? I'm pretty sure that all of the above are present, somewhere in the thread, but I just don't have the patience to piece it together. Sorry for being lazy :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

null_pointer posted:

Hey, gents.

I'm trying to follow along with the Call of Chernobyl discussion, but I'm a bit behind. Is there a link to install instructions for COC plus instructions on how to get the maps more populated, get the mods installed, and what the correct install order should be? I'm pretty sure that all of the above are present, somewhere in the thread, but I just don't have the patience to piece it together. Sorry for being lazy :smith:

Okay I think I got all this stuff right, and in the right order, please tell me if I missed anything and I'll fix it.

Torrent for 1.2 base CoC: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/call-of-chernobyl-v12-release-torrent

Ddraigs CoC 2.0 Patch: https://mega.nz/#F!V4M3HYiK!ytP_5PQmAI2SYkOuCS2zCA

Ddraig posted:

2.0:

More changes from COC repo:

* More than can be listed here. Check the actual repo: https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl
* Sultan now at Dark Valley Bandit base. Requires NEW GAME START.
* More mysterious changes to the bin files. OoooooOooooOoooOooooH
* Basic faction war stuff.
* READ THE README IF YOU ENCOUNTER BROKEN STUFF, HAS COMPATABILTIY INFORMATION.

HUGE COMPATABILITY INFORMATION:

If you want to use the Alife Debalance 2.0, then install that after this. All the relevant patch changes from 2.0 have been included in the Alife Debalance 2.0, so if you install the Alife mod afterwards, everything will work. I will not help you if you do not do this as I have made everything compatible provided you install the ALIFE after the MAIN MOD.

Likewise, if you're using OWR3, you may get misaligned icons.

If this is the case, all you need to do is copy the outfits.ltx and quest_items.ltx from OWR3 (configs/misc) to the gamedata folder you're using, overwriting the files in this mod. This will fix the misaligned icons. The only changes are to exoskeleton shock protection and trader costs of the psi-helmets.

Nothing else has changed, so if you want to merge the two files then you can, but the easy fix is to just use the OWR3 versions.
:supaburn:Alife Debalance:supaburn:

Ddraig posted:

I've created an "Alife Debalance" that basically reverts the global alife rebalance Bangalore did on 6th September.

https://mega.nz/#F!V4M3HYiK!ytP_5PQmAI2SYkOuCS2zCA

If you have giant flaming chimeras who shoot RPGs out of their cocks coming after you 24/7 just remember that you have been warned.

Probably requires a new game start. Gives you a good excuse to roll Monolith and kill the infidel.

Original Weapon Renewal 3: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/owr3-for-call-of-chernobyl

Better looking weapons, real weapon names, revamped damage values, fixed 2spooky empty exosuit hand model :ghost:

OWR3 Readme posted:

SCOPE FIX
----------
If you're experiencing crashing on DX9 or warped scopes on DX10/11 then try the following.
Delete the 'ui_ingame.xml' file in gamedata\configs\ui\textures_descr and rename the 'ui_ingame.xml.alt' file.

More Music:
Sell guns with bad condition:

50/80% condition trader mod One at a time, please!

Other Addons, use at own risk!

Ddraig posted:

The addons page has you covered for weapons

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 18, 2015

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Minarchist posted:

(Endless amounts of awesome)

You are a god among men. Thank you, kind sir.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I'm playing CoC with Absolute Nature, is there a setting I've missed to stop grass changing color when I get close?

http://gfycat.com/SpryRawCaracal

Forgive the butchered video, but think you can see what's going on. It's really distracting.

Minarchist posted:

Sell guns with bad condition

Both these links appear to be dead :(

Edit

Man, I really want to enjoy CoC but I'm gonna hold off for a few months because it really doesn't feel ready. I've already had a number of crashes, occasionally for some reason or another it will go from fullscreen to a 800x600 window and sometimes in the interface I can't click on certain buttons until I restart because I simply can't move the cursor far enough.

I've killed three military guys so far who just walked towards me like I wasn't there.

I get the above mentioned texture issue and this.

Welcome to the Garbage, hope you remembered your sunglasses!

I'm gonna wait for a few more patches. I know it's part of the STALKER experience, but I've spent more time today trying to install mods, fix settings and restart after crashes than I have actually playing the game :(

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 18, 2015

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

nexus6 posted:

Both these links appear to be dead :(

Sorry about that!

Sell guns at 50/80% condition

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

null_pointer posted:

You are a god among men. Thank you, kind sir.

Thank the guys who made the mods! I just slogged through pages of goonchat :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
According to a post on the GSC forums, there will soon be an application which you can use to auto update CoC :toot:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

EvanSchenck posted:

Ordinarily in STALKER I go for the thickest armor and heaviest guns, but I'm finding that making do with lighter gear is an interesting challenge.

Updated CoC and been rocking the Sunrise Suit with M40 gas mask. Like what they've done with the Tide sniper rifle and paired it with a Browning Hi-power.

Went to Yantar after doing some jobs for Sid, Wolf and the Clearsky guys for a Veles and the psihelmet. Took a tour of all the anomaly fields all the way to the Unknown.

Lol miracle machine and brain scorcher

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Is there a mod for adding a crapload of weapons like the old AMK armour mod for SOC? I'm talking about having access to all 300 varients of the AK like it had, and lots of oddball stuff like the OCIW and Streetsweeper shotgun.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Yannow ... while playing all maps in DX11, using all of Call of Pripyat's enhancements is great, I started as a Loner and the Cordon feels so lifeless, even with the ALife Debalance.

I hadn't realized how accustomed I was to the missions and activities that Shadow of Chernobyl gave you -- clearing out the garage, running the bridge, doing odd jobs here and there. It's still a great piece of work, but I really hope that they manage to rebuild the base games around COC.

By the way, how do I, for lack of a better word, "do" Faction Warfare in COC? How do I clean out a certain area, so that only friendlies or neutrals spawn there?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

null_pointer posted:

By the way, how do I, for lack of a better word, "do" Faction Warfare in COC? How do I clean out a certain area, so that only friendlies or neutrals spawn there?

Unless you're using literally the latest build in the dev repository you can't, and even then it's a maybe as I'm still unsure of if factions are properly capturing spawns.

Right now I think that you can bring some NPC squad members with you and, if you kill everyone in a smart and have your NPC allies alive in it, should capture the territory.

Maybe.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Turned in a PDA to the CS trader just now that said "KILL STRELOK" and a stash coordinate. Unfortunately I didn't quick save and got scuzzed by a chopper soon after, did I miss out on something cool?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

null_pointer posted:

Yannow ... while playing all maps in DX11, using all of Call of Pripyat's enhancements is great, I started as a Loner and the Cordon feels so lifeless, even with the ALife Debalance.

I hadn't realized how accustomed I was to the missions and activities that Shadow of Chernobyl gave you -- clearing out the garage, running the bridge, doing odd jobs here and there. It's still a great piece of work, but I really hope that they manage to rebuild the base games around COC.

That's what CoC is about though, a clear slate to add things like that.

Like I'd love to add Degtayrev to the Bar area where he tells you to go see what those rear end in a top hat mercs are up to in Dead City and Limansk and push in their poo poo while you're at it. Not to mention he'd probably like you to go on a war path on the Monolith forces.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Okay, then. Is AMK with one of the Arsenal mods the be-all-end-all of Shadow of Chernobyl? How do I get my base-game fix while also throwing the kitchen sink into it? What recommendations do my fellow OCD, super-spergy goons have?

EDIT: Is STALKERSOUP any more stable or is it still a banana-rama suffer fest?

null_pointer fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 19, 2015

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

null_pointer posted:

Okay, then. Is AMK with one of the Arsenal mods the be-all-end-all of Shadow of Chernobyl? How do I get my base-game fix while also throwing the kitchen sink into it? What recommendations do my fellow OCD, super-spergy goons have?

Never played Stalkersoup, but the (older) Oblivion Lost versions are fairly zany but solid.

angular guitar
Nov 9, 2005

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Unless you're using literally the latest build in the dev repository you can't, and even then it's a maybe as I'm still unsure of if factions are properly capturing spawns.

Right now I think that you can bring some NPC squad members with you and, if you kill everyone in a smart and have your NPC allies alive in it, should capture the territory.

Maybe.

I was experimenting with spawn capture (in the CoC release, not the latest dev version) for a few hours yesterday. It does indeed work but there seem to be two main issues affecting the implementation of a real faction war scenario:

1) The game will assign a point to a squad to move towards and capture. If there are hostiles at the point, the squad will kill them and then move into the point, which then causes it to flip to their team. The problem is the way the points are assigned to the squads by the game.
A squad can be sitting right next to an empty point ripe for the taking, but the game might assign them a capture point three maps away which they will dutifully trudge towards (and more than likely die before reaching it). This slows down the process of territorial expansion somewhat.

(However, each faction's territory priorities can be changed by editing gamedata/config/misc/simulation_objects_props.ltx. I modified the Army Warehouses to successfully simulate a Freedom territory expansion outwards from their base, to capture every point on the map. This could probably applied for each faction across the entire game, which hopefully would lead to dynamic battlefronts forming as hostile factions run into each other...)

2) It seems to me that a squad cannot capture a specific point unless it has been assigned. Let's say our squad starts moving towards the map exit to reach their assigned point. By chance they move through the empty point that was next to them. This point will remain uncaptured because it was not their goal to capture it. This is frustrating and I don't know how to change it.

So currently it's quite chaotic, with squads roaming all over the place with no organised direction, murdering each other out in the middle of nowhere and not having any effect on anything. I reckon if the capture priorities were really fine-tuned, the factions could expand in a more cohesive way.

angular guitar fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 19, 2015

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Just so you guys know 1.2.22 is out, together with the AutoUpdater.

Will DDraig be updating his modmod?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

null_pointer posted:

Stalkersoup is actually one the most stable mods I've played, even moreso that the original game.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Justin Time! posted:

Just so you guys know 1.2.22 is out, together with the AutoUpdater.

Will DDraig be updating his modmod?

Yeah, I will.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://mega.nz/#F!V4M3HYiK!ytP_5PQmAI2SYkOuCS2zCA

quote:

2.1:

* Fully updated to COC 1.2.22
* Modified names of levels to be more consistent. Darkscape is now "The Dark Hollow", the actual name of the level (Darkscape is internal development name, much as Cordon's is "Escape")
* Implemented PDA map fixes from Genion23
* Implemented better nightvision by tgp96
* Implemented better cat sounds by dr_zombie
* Added Alife Debalance as optional extra.
* Bundled autoupdater with patch.

Forgot to include this, but it's also included: Unlock Alife Simulation is now a toggle in the gameplay options. If you change it from off to on you may need to reload a save/change a level, as switching it on will update in realtime, but switching it off requires reloading the game somehow, I believe.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Ddraig posted:

* Bundled autoupdater with patch.

Uh, boss, the autoupdater directory is empty, in the zip file :(

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

null_pointer posted:

Uh, boss, the autoupdater directory is empty, in the zip file :(

Whoops, my bad.

Anyway, this version is fully up to date from the COC repo as of now so the autoupdater isn't high priority.

I've reuploaded it with the included file, but if you want to get it, it's a very small download from the main COC page.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

chalk posted:

I was experimenting with spawn capture (in the CoC release, not the latest dev version) for a few hours yesterday. It does indeed work but there seem to be two main issues affecting the implementation of a real faction war scenario:

1) The game will assign a point to a squad to move towards and capture. If there are hostiles at the point, the squad will kill them and then move into the point, which then causes it to flip to their team. The problem is the way the points are assigned to the squads by the game.
A squad can be sitting right next to an empty point ripe for the taking, but the game might assign them a capture point three maps away which they will dutifully trudge towards (and more than likely die before reaching it). This slows down the process of territorial expansion somewhat.

(However, each faction's territory priorities can be changed by editing gamedata/config/misc/simulation_objects_props.ltx. I modified the Army Warehouses to successfully simulate a Freedom territory expansion outwards from their base, to capture every point on the map. This could probably applied for each faction across the entire game, which hopefully would lead to dynamic battlefronts forming as hostile factions run into each other...)

2) It seems to me that a squad cannot capture a specific point unless it has been assigned. Let's say our squad starts moving towards the map exit to reach their assigned point. By chance they move through the empty point that was next to them. This point will remain uncaptured because it was not their goal to capture it. This is frustrating and I don't know how to change it.

So currently it's quite chaotic, with squads roaming all over the place with no organised direction, murdering each other out in the middle of nowhere and not having any effect on anything. I reckon if the capture priorities were really fine-tuned, the factions could expand in a more cohesive way.

Apparently one of the devs is working on making a faction brain so that things aren't quite as crazy. Right now a big problem is that factions really overvalue distant terrain instead of nearby terrain, basically the opposite of what you would want, so if you set the entire map up for faction war type scenarios squads will travel from one end to the other, instead of grabbing nearby terrain. It kinda sucks.

Also here's a download for a quasi-working faction war patch:

https://mega.nz/#!ZsxUVKwA!u7_nm5qRUYIWnpK34WmOVN_ER9_ecpjs9aLb59mErA0

Please note that NPCs are really buggy when set up to be replaceable, so the spawns are probably going to be a bit weird.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The upgrade system is where the game really shits the bed when it comes to the horrific English localization.

Can somebody explain what the various attributes like "flatness", "handling" and "impact" actually mean?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Klaus88 posted:

The upgrade system is where the game really shits the bed when it comes to the horrific English localization.

Can somebody explain what the various attributes like "flatness", "handling" and "impact" actually mean?
Flatness is (iirc) how far the round will travel before dropping off. Handling is (again, iirc) how quickly the view can be adjusted with in iron sights/in scope. Impact I dunno but presumably damage?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Oberleutnant posted:

Flatness is (iirc) how far the round will travel before dropping off. Handling is (again, iirc) how quickly the view can be adjusted with in iron sights/in scope. Impact I dunno but presumably damage?

I'm pretty sure that flatness is the actual flatness of the bullet's trajectory and impact is how much of an effect being hit has on you. So high impact negation means that you can shrug off mutant hits and gunshots, flatness means that you don't have to adjust for drop as much.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Oberleutnant posted:

Well poo poo, handling sounds loving useless.

Figured flatness would be something like that, but it should be velocity or something like that.

Doesn't really matter, since the only round that really suffers from extreme bullet drop is the 9x39mm round.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Electro Hamsters don't drop electro meat. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqUEAuBXXfU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Handling is how fast the reticule shrinks to it's most accurate spot. Accuracy makes that spot smaller. Flatness is bullet speed + trajectory. Recoil makes your gun not go up under sustained fire. I forget what rate of fire does, probably some arcane mumjo jumbo that has no effect on gameplay, really.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

Minarchist posted:

I forget what rate of fire does, probably some arcane mumjo jumbo that has no effect on gameplay, really.

nah it just increases how many rounds the gun fires in a given time. it's especially noticeable with the automatic mode upgrades for the pistols.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
On that note, what is the difference between armor and impact for suits? The descriptions in CoC don't line up with the icons. Impact has like scratch marks, but armor has a brick wall?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Avocados posted:

On that note, what is the difference between armor and impact for suits? The descriptions in CoC don't line up with the icons. Impact has like scratch marks, but armor has a brick wall?

All I know is, take Impact Neg. over Armor every time.

And drat, the MP5 eats up ammo quick. Gonna see if laying off the fire rate upgrades helps with that.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Just downloaded OL3.1 and yeah this is just loving dumb. The 50% bulletproof on the Stalker suit has zero effect, enemies take way too much too kill, and a single AR burst will instagib you. Bloodsuckers that take 12+ point-blank, accurate rounds of buckshot to kill? You can gently caress off to the Misery team.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

masked sex hero posted:

nah it just increases how many rounds the gun fires in a given time. it's especially noticeable with the automatic mode upgrades for the pistols.

:thejoke:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

For some reason, since installing Ddraig's mod/the latest patch, I can't activate the simulation across all maps. The switch on the game menu doesn't seem to really do anything as I've had it enabled since the start of my session, but editing _g.script also seems to be useless.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Fish Fry Andy posted:

For some reason, since installing Ddraig's mod/the latest patch, I can't activate the simulation across all maps. The switch on the game menu doesn't seem to really do anything as I've had it enabled since the start of my session, but editing _g.script also seems to be useless.

Make sure _G.script has this value in it:

code:
ACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS = axr_main.config:GetValue("mm_options","enable_unlock_simulation",1,false)
Then check smart_terrain.script and sim_squad_scripted to make sure that all instances of DEACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS have been replaced with "not ACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ddraig posted:

Make sure _G.script has this value in it:

code:
ACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS = axr_main.config:GetValue("mm_options","enable_unlock_simulation",1,false)
Then check smart_terrain.script and sim_squad_scripted to make sure that all instances of DEACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS have been replaced with "not ACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS"

Still no dice. Weird.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Does this mod support the old Faction Wars logic where factions can never truly die? In the old faction wars If you cleared a faction of all their land they'd still trickle in from outside the zone and attempt to retake land. If so each faction could have a specific mission to rid them of the land. All I know is disabling the zone's marijuana supply would gently caress freedom over.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 19, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Still no dice. Weird.

Weird. Try opening up axr_options.ini and see if "enable_unlock_simulation" is present.

I've just tried it on my installation and it works fine.

I'm at the Cordon here, and there's squads active all the way in the CNPP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is there a changelog for the new version of CoC?