Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh my loving GOD goku pretending to get punched, land, and fly off with the tractor while still pretending to be punched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aurora posted:

oh my loving GOD goku pretending to get punched, land, and fly off with the tractor while still pretending to be punched

the whole episode was good but this part was the funniest goddamn thing

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Someone repost that gif, I'm on mobile. I had to pause it I was laughing so hard.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I think half of the Goku/Beerus fight was way better than the movie. I missed little touches, especially before they started fighting (like the weird Trunks/Mai thing), but the actual fight was better. I think it "feels" way too long to people when they fight because they saw it before and want to get to new stuff like this wonderful episode, which is fair. But the fights still probably won't be nearly as long as DBZ. Hell, it took like 5 episodes for the tournament in the Buu saga to even start due to a bunch of stalling pre-game warmups and stuff.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

So that more or less locks it as Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, Whis, and ????

Beerus and Whis aren't involved. It's 5 "humans" (people from earth(s)), so Goku, Vegeta, 2 other losers and probably Satan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gohan and Piccolo I'd assume. Maybe throw Gotenks in Piccolo's slot if they remember he exists.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's gonna be Tien, Yamcha, Chao'tzu, Satan and Mercenary Tao. The rest will be busy with a different adventure so the C-team has to hold down the fort until it's resolved.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
5 different Future Trunks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

They're just doing DBM aren't they?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: First ever double post.. that was weird.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

ImpAtom posted:

Tien...C-team

t:mad:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

They're just doing DBM aren't they?

To differentiate it, and since Beerus is picking the team, maybe they can do things like pluck Freeza from hell (again) or grab random weirdos he's run into across the universe. Depends on how good the "earthling" translation is (it could just mean people from that universe).

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Vegeta, Tarble, Jaco, Supreme Kai, and Future Trunks. This is the team I assemble for this tournament.

E: they defused Kibitokai because Supreme Kai is cuter and they want to sell a toy. Watch.

zelah fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 19, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

5 different Future Trunks.

History of Trunks Kid, Sword, Armor, Xenoverse/Time Patrol, GT. doneskis.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

We need that version of Trunks that Cell permanently killed.

He can lie dead on the ground for his opponents to trip over.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Actually, if the Z fighters were building out a team on power and assuming you can't rely on dance fusions long term, it'd have to be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan after a stern lecture about trying hard, Mr. Buu, and then Pikkon if they could get him or Piccolo/18 right?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Is Pikkon "this universe"? I assumed movie stuff was separate universe. He'd replace future trunks on my team.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
The Triumphant Return of Jackie Chun

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

zelah posted:

Is Pikkon "this universe"? I assumed movie stuff was separate universe. He'd replace future trunks on my team.

He was in a couple episodes of Buu, fighting SS2 Goku in the Otherworld Tenkaichi. That may have been anime only, but it's anime canon so he counts I'd say.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if super is following the anime then it's not canon, sorry

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Edit: First ever double post.. that was weird.

Double post?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

hosed up!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Super has Gregory and he's anime only. Put him on the team.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Actually, if the Z fighters were building out a team on power and assuming you can't rely on dance fusions long term, it'd have to be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan after a stern lecture about trying hard, Mr. Buu, and then Pikkon if they could get him or Piccolo/18 right?

Do we even have a good idea how strong Mr. Buu is? We only saw him get quickly owned by Evil Buu, and we can assume that he's weaker than the original Majin Buu (which had both the good and evil parts). Then again, we can also assume that he's probably at least as strong as an SSJ2, which is way stronger than all other non-saiyan characters.

Otherwise you're probably correct if they were aiming to pick the strongest dudes. If they did choose an actual human, I imagine Tien is probably stronger than Krillin now, since I think he chose to permanently live as a training hermit (whereas Krillin decided to get a job).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

tien

is

the

strongest

human

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ytlaya posted:

Do we even have a good idea how strong Mr. Buu is? We only saw him get quickly owned by Evil Buu, and we can assume that he's weaker than the original Majin Buu (which had both the good and evil parts). Then again, we can also assume that he's probably at least as strong as an SSJ2, which is way stronger than all other non-saiyan characters.

Otherwise you're probably correct if they were aiming to pick the strongest dudes. If they did choose an actual human, I imagine Tien is probably stronger than Krillin now, since I think he chose to permanently live as a training hermit (whereas Krillin decided to get a job).

According to Toriyama, Krillin is stronger.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

toryiamas a fuckng hack

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tien is not a human, nor is he the strongest human, and Toriyama is pretty good.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Humans can have no nose. Humans can't have 3 eyes. Tien is not a human.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Toriyama is great because he don't give a gently caress.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

zelah posted:

Humans can have no nose. Humans can't have 3 eyes. Tien is not a human.

loving racist

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

His video game character designs are pretty rad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If we're letting Tien be considered human then Super 17 is the strongest human.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
please don't make me choose between tien and krillin. it would be like choosing my favorite child

Covok
May 27, 2013

I remember when Master Roshi was the strongest human.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oolong will be earth's fifth champion

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

"I know who the strongest human is, its the guy with three eyes and shoulder tumors who probably can't even read" - nobody with good sense

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Satan is the strongest Human.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurain posted:

Satan is the strongest Human.

he's a saiyan though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Satan God coincidentally looks like Super Saiyan.

I guess it's because ancient Super Saiyans foretold the coming of the legend himself and emulated him.

• Locked thread