Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I feel bad for his family. He has a daughter too. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Violet_Sky posted:

I feel bad for his family. He has a daughter too. :smith:
Adoptive if I recall it right so this will be the second time a fatherfigure falls out under her. (Not that it matters for his bond with her, and whether or not she still has contact with her biological father)

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Brad's Midnight Screenings tackles Goosebumps, with guests Doug and Rob Walker

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

this piss me off so mush, I wanted to see the review done by Jillian or Sarah with maybe one of the other guys, but we got noted thunderdome fan Doug walker with noted sexist rear end in a top hat rob walker.

brad barely talk because he keeps getting talked over by rob and doug.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 16, 2015

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Bad Wolf posted:

Totalbisquit got pretty much the worst news imaginable. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

Regardless of how you feel about the guy, this is just terrible.

Cannot imagine what it's like to pretty much have a guaranteed death sentence like that hanging over your head, especially when he's leaving such a young family behind. It must be completely terrifying and I truly hope he lasts far longer than the time they gave him.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

this piss me off so mush, I wanted to see the review done by Jillian or Sarah with maybe one of the other guys, but we got noted thunderdome fan Doug walker with noted sexist rear end in a top hat rob walker.

How dare Brad hang out with the wrong people on his "go to a movie and talk about it with friends in a car" videos. He should have his friends be carefully vetted by SA goons before even attempting such a thing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah my grandmother had something like that for her liver, it comes right back when you think it'll stabilize. You'll need so many drugs to the point where your entire consciousness shifts in and out of reality.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

How dare Brad hang out with the wrong people on his "go to a movie and talk about it with friends in a car" videos. He should have his friends be carefully vetted by SA goons before even attempting such a thing.

Meh, I understand not wanting to see them in a midnight screening, I'm at a point where Doug's voice is unpleasant to listen to.

I'm also puzzled why this movie. Phelous and Lupa were at the Rifftrax for Miami Connection with Brad, because Miami Connection. I expected either Rob or Doug to have been a fan of Goosebumps, but neither were. The question is why they they make the trip down? Or they in a Snob episode or something?

emeriin
Feb 1, 2015
Brad posted pictures on his tumblr/twitter a few hours ago, they're doing a review together yeah.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That Midnight Screening of Goosebumps wasn't bad.

edit; I would also like to add that they had a point about the Goosebump books; the illustrated covers were way creepier than what actually went on in the stories.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 17, 2015

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Cyron posted:

Eh... Doug's better when he's out of character. And he usually plays off Brad pretty well. That being said, if you just watched his Fury Road review, I can't blame you for being completely burnt out on Doug. That poo poo was painful. I had to tap out when Doug was pissed about the stilt guys not being explained. Despite the literal next scene explaining the stilts, and the entire goddamn movie being about desert scavengers.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Eh... Doug's better when he's out of character. And he usually plays off Brad pretty well. That being said, if you just watched his Fury Road review, I can't blame you for being completely burnt out on Doug. That poo poo was painful. I had to tap out when Doug was pissed about the stilt guys not being explained. Despite the literal next scene explaining the stilts, and the entire goddamn movie being about desert scavengers.

That 'character' is him. It's always him all the time.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Annointed posted:

That 'character' is him. It's always him all the time.

True, but he's better when he's not actively performing. At least he's not waving a toy gun around in Brad's car.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Just put up my own Goosebumps review. Half as long, with 100% less Doug.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Compendium posted:

That Midnight Screening of Goosebumps wasn't bad.

edit; I would also like to add that they had a point about the Goosebump books; the illustrated covers were way creepier than what actually went on in the stories.

That is certainly trrue, but I remember young me being decently terrified by the puppet ones. He was much crueler than anything else I had read about up until then and it really left an impression.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

paradoxGentleman posted:

That is certainly trrue, but I remember young me being decently terrified by the puppet ones. He was much crueler than anything else I had read about up until then and it really left an impression.

I would have to reread some Goosebumps in order to refresh my memory about some of the stories because I don't doubt there were some successfully spooky tales; I just remember being more underwhelmed than not.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

emeriin posted:

Brad posted pictures on his tumblr/twitter a few hours ago, they're doing a review together yeah.

I have a question, why cheap Halloween costumes of Mario and Luigi. They're costumes are for the most part not that difficult to make, get some denim overalls, a long sleeve shirt, white cotton gloves. The hats are the hardest part but I'm sure they can be found. This just feels and looks cheap.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I jsut wanna say I love you all, derails and all!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
These Marios are pawns.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

nine-gear crow posted:

These Marios are pawns.

I can't believe these men may control the fate of the Mushroom Kingdom.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

People in the comments hate doug as much as we do.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
I'm fairly certain that the Goosebumps movie won't hold a candle to this episode from the radically rad 90's Ghostbusters toon.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

High Warlord Zog posted:

I'm fairly certain that the Goosebumps movie won't hold a candle to this episode from the radically rad 90's Ghostbusters toon.

I highly doubt that it could be th- :stare:

Honestly, that's more reminiscent of Clive Barker than R.L. Stine. What weirder, though is the stand-in for Stine shown in the news report looks more like Harlan Ellison.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
RE: Goosebumps' chat

Real OG's read Strange Matter. Those books were terrifying and the one about cannibalistic Yetis still scares the poo poo out of me to this day.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Todd's latest OHW is on Butterfly by Crazytown. It's one of those songs where I feel like I should hate it but I know every single word.

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 19, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Celery Face posted:

Todd's latest OHW is on Butterfly by Crazytown. It's one of those songs where I feel like I should hate it but I know every single word.

Do you have a link, or is this a Patreon thing?

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Do you have a link, or is this a Patreon thing?
It's on Patreon for now.

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 19, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Wonder if he talks about "Starry-Eyed Surprise" at all. While it wasn't exactly a Crazy town song (it was a Paul Oakenfold track), it did feature the lead singer (and has an incredibly catchy hook).

I look forward to checking this out when I get back home.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

High Warlord Zog posted:

Were Goosebumps even a big thing when they first came out? Nowadays it's all *~90s KIDZ~* stuff but did people actually enjoy these series? The ep makes R.L. Stine's equivalent look like Stephanie Meyer.

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 19, 2015

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

Violet_Sky posted:

Were Goosebumps even a big thing when they first came out? Nowadays it's all *~90s KIDZ~* stuff but did people actually enjoy these series?

Goosebumps were huge, though I remember Fear Street being bigger. Fear Street was loving massive.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Violet_Sky posted:

Were Goosebumps even a big thing when they first came out? Nowadays it's all *~90s KIDZ~* stuff but did people actually enjoy these series? The ep makes R.L. Stine's equivalent look like Stephanie Meyer.
Speaking for myself, Goosebumps was pretty inescapable for a couple years (I'd estimate 94-96 were its peak). Scholastic pushed that series hard whenever there were book fairs at my school, and because they were each like 80 pages max they made for great easy book report fodder. I distinctly remember a live-action TV series, and a stage show that I got to see a preview of when I was 9 or 10, at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. I don't remember the series fondly but I do remember it being around for a while.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Are You Afraid Of The Dark had the better TV show.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Also, RL Stine pumped out so many goosebumps books it's crazy. He was making like 12 a year at it's peak.

Are You Afraid Of The Dark had the better TV show.

Well, duh.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I hadn't heard of Fear Street, but Goosebumps was huge, huge, huge. They were about the only books I could get my nephew to read.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Celery Face posted:

Does he mention that the song sounds like it's desperately trying to resemble a more mellow Limp Bizkit track? I remember skipping through that entire album with a friend and for each song naming another band of which it was blatantly derivative.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Ghostpilot posted:

I hadn't heard of Fear Street, but Goosebumps was huge, huge, huge. They were about the only books I could get my nephew to read.

Fear Street was Stine's older-skewing series, pointed more towards early teenage years.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

BigRed0427 posted:

I jsut wanna say I love you all, derails and all!

Yeah, Bob's Burgers is great!

JB50 posted:

People in the comments hate doug as much as we do.

FTFY

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Actually the comments on Brads videos are usually overwhelmingly positive. A lot of people dont like NC and dont want to see him ruin Brads stuff, but I guess theyre buds so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

Speaking for myself, Goosebumps was pretty inescapable for a couple years (I'd estimate 94-96 were its peak). Scholastic pushed that series hard whenever there were book fairs at my school, and because they were each like 80 pages max they made for great easy book report fodder. I distinctly remember a live-action TV series, and a stage show that I got to see a preview of when I was 9 or 10, at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. I don't remember the series fondly but I do remember it being around for a while.

Yeah, Goosebumps and Animorphs were staples of Scholastic book club newsletters growing up. You could get something expensive like a craft set, or you could get five Goosebumps books for the same price. To my kid brain, more books was clearly the better deal.

• Locked thread