Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Viva Miriya posted:

MEGASPOILERS APPARENTLY SOMEONE BEAT THIS ALREADY

https://youtu.be/AZS4EjfY_rM

He isn't kidding by the way, it isn't actually a rickroll or something lovely like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

My mouse cursor landed right on top of the spoiler as it loaded. You're so loving lucky I moved it before I read it.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Welp, time to bail on the thread for a bit.

Not taking any chances.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The text is just a link to a youtube video anyway

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

PSN really needs to get with the times and offer release times at the same time year round. it's super antiquated and annoying that I wont be able to even download the episode until like 10PM tomorrow.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
So what's the ETA for this being out on Steam? Sounds like early tonight PST?

This would mean tonight = LiS and tomorrow = TftB which would suit me just fine. I guess it's been episodic game week since I played Blues and Bullets yesterday.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

You can accidentally click it and not have poo poo ruined beyond maybe a loading screen tops.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

So what's the ETA for this being out on Steam? Sounds like early tonight PST?

This would mean tonight = LiS and tomorrow = TftB which would suit me just fine. I guess it's been episodic game week since I played Blues and Bullets yesterday.

The game unlocks on steam at 00:00 UTC which is like 5PM PST/8PM EST.

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...

Viva Miriya posted:

You can accidentally click it and not have poo poo ruined beyond maybe a loading screen tops.

Why would you post it anyways?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

"hey all you people who are super excited for a game and want to play it really badly here is a link to the end of the game you haven't played You are very welcome :downs:"

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
When is this coming out? Today?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

im gay posted:

please reference this link

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

im gay posted:

It's being co-released with the next episode of Kentucky Route Zero.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

So that's really the episode? I guess of course nobody really wants to go through and check it lol.
Alright, checking out of this thread till tomorrow, good ol' UK timezones.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Warm Woolen Pants posted:

Why would you post it anyways?

Someone passed it onto me and I'm passing it on, spoilered.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Viva Miriya posted:

thanks for the gift no one wanted now :getout:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

thanks for the gift no one wanted now :getout:

ok

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

I'm more worried about someone watching it and talking about it here before it comes out. I'm a sucker for having to hover over any spoiler tag.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Thanks for posting it dude, It's called self control, if you don't wanna watch it then don't. It's not that hard. It's not embedded, it's a link that you have to choose to click. And then watch past a loading screen. And then probably get past the recap at the start of the episode.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
On this, the eve of the release of the final episode, my only regret is that I agreed to go to the movies with stupid Warren.

Maybe I can orchestrate his demise, somehow...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Something I've never gotten is this thread's hatred of Warren.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

I like him but you cannot deny that he is a creep.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

What are you talking about. We love the big W. Go Ape.

Also he is a giant goon and a lot of goons see themselves in him and that scares them.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Dexo posted:

I don't even dislike him that much, I'm just terrified of being locked into some kind of Warren Romance Ending because I said I'd go to the movies once a million years ago.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Empress Theonora posted:

I don't even dislike him that much, I'm just terrified of being locked into some kind of Warren Romance Ending because I said I'd go to the movies once a million years ago.

dontnod are clearly MRAs. You are required to be his girlfriend now.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Empress Theonora posted:

Maybe I can orchestrate his demise, somehow...

Tornadoes fall, everyone dies, nobody goes ape.

But seriously it would be cool if there was a good deal of variation in endings, even a possible bad end for people doing Life is poo poo runs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Arcland posted:

How so? he's a teenager who really likes this girl who he constantly hangs out with who is completely oblivious to another girl who likes him and at least before we get control of Max they seem to be friendly and on pretty good terms

I dunno what happens if you reject the everliving poo poo out of him. But yeah. seems fine to me.

Empress Theonora posted:

That's on you for accepting the movie date, everyone knows that's a metaphor for marriage.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 19, 2015

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Empress Theonora posted:

Don't quote me on this but I think the way that the changing dialogue works is that going to the movies, not kissing chloe, will make the door writing dialogue be very pro-warren I.E. Max basically decided to take a chance and see how it'd go with Warren, while if you don't make the first two choices she'll be just friendly or not wanting him to get the wrong idea

Caros
May 14, 2008

Dexo posted:

How so? he's a teenager who really likes this girl who he constantly hangs out with who is completely oblivious to another girl who likes him and at least before we get control of Max they seem to be friendly and on pretty good terms

I dunno what happens if you reject the everliving poo poo out of him. But yeah. seems fine to me.

It's his creepy stalking and 'nice guy' behaviour. Oh I took a punch for you max, I guess that means you owe me. Heh heh.

Women aren't something you put attention coins into for sex/relationships and warren seems like he is really, really close to thinking they are judging by his behaviour.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kaislioc posted:

Tornadoes fall, everyone dies, nobody goes ape.

But seriously it would be cool if there was a good deal of variation in endings, even a possible bad end for people doing Life is poo poo runs.

That's the Warren romance ending. You two go to the Halloween party as the two chimps from Planet of the Apes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm curious about that. Because I'm pretty sure I accepted the Warren stuff, and done every single pro-Warren thing, but also didn't shy away from any Chloe stuff(pretty sure I kissed her and then rewound time out of it, this one I don't remember).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Caros posted:

It's his creepy stalking and 'nice guy' behaviour. Oh I took a punch for you max, I guess that means you owe me. Heh heh.

Women aren't something you put attention coins into for sex/relationships and warren seems like he is really, really close to thinking they are judging by his behaviour.

Or you're projecting.

I've taken my share of L's for friends before and have told them something to the effect of you owe me one.

Mostly you find the difference between an actual nice guy and a "Nice Guy" when they get that rejection, and how they react.

Like I've said I don't know how it plays out if you reject him on all of his advances, but right now he's just earnest high school boy with huge crush on girl who is either reciprocating his advances, or stringing him along.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 19, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I only saw the comments, didn't watch the video but

(not a plot spoiler)
Multiple endings confirmed

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Caros posted:

:wow:

If I took a punch for someone I'd loving say they owed me too. They are friends you giant goon.

also remember that this game takes place over the course of 4 loving days. It's not like he's coming after you and following you around asking you out for months on end. He asks you out in episode 2 for christ's sake.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 19, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Ekusukariba posted:

Don't quote me on this but I think the way that the changing dialogue works is that going to the movies, not kissing chloe, will make the door writing dialogue be very pro-warren I.E. Max basically decided to take a chance and see how it'd go with Warren, while if you don't make the first two choices she'll be just friendly or not wanting him to get the wrong idea

I did kiss Chloe and I don't remember what the door writing dialogue I got was so maybe I'm safe... safe from heterosexuality...

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Empress Theonora posted:

I did kiss Chloe and I don't remember what the door writing dialogue I got was so maybe I'm safe... safe from heterosexuality...

If there's a photo during that section you could always check what she saying while in Collection Mode

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arcland posted:

I deny it

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I will absolutely play this game through a second time, but I'm mostly regret-free with the decisions of my first play through. I'm proud of myself for not "cheating," I'm weak willed but I managed to push through after I hosed up saving Katie on the very last question, when I didn't go with my gut ARGH. I'm curious how the loose ends will tie up.

Who is the homeless lady, is she important? I know people thought she was future!Max but even if not, every character in this game is important in some way so I expect her to come up again somehow. I didn't warn her, which I read you can do, so I feel like with a branching path like that..

Do your decisions with Alyssa actually matter, or do they just exist to prove the point that the universe will provide multiple avenues to the desired outcome? Will the accidents keep escalating until it's like "You could've just let her get hit by a football, but now she got run over by a bus. Why don't you loving mind your business, Max."

Mondlicht fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 19, 2015

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
And Max clearly does care for Warren a lot, even if she's unsure whether he's more than a friend. They're close enough where he can say "You owe me" and she understands he's not trying to be a creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mondlicht posted:

I will absolutely play this game through a second time, but I'm mostly regret-free with the decisions of my first play through. I'm curious how the loose ends will tie up.

Who is the homeless lady, is she important? I know people thought she was future!Max but even if not, every character in this game is important in some way so I expect her to come up again somehow. I didn't warn her, which I read you can do, so I feel like with a branching path like that..

Do your decisions with Alyssa actually matter, or do they just exist to prove the point that the universe will provide multiple avenues to the desired outcome? Will the accidents keep escalating until it's like "You could've just let her get hit by a football, but now she got run over by a bus. Why don't you loving mind your business, Max."

There is almost no way that a throwaway character who you can easily never meet at any point of the story is important in any way.

• Locked thread