Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Warren became a fine and good dude in my book the moment his fists began to collide with Nathan's ratfink fuckin face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Mondlicht posted:

I will absolutely play this game through a second time, but I'm mostly regret-free with the decisions of my first play through. I'm proud of myself for not "cheating," I'm weak willed but I managed to push through after I hosed up saving Katie on the very last question, when I didn't go with my gut ARGH. I'm curious how the loose ends will tie up.

Who is the homeless lady, is she important? I know people thought she was future!Max but even if not, every character in this game is important in some way so I expect her to come up again somehow. I didn't warn her, which I read you can do, so I feel like with a branching path like that..

Do your decisions with Alyssa actually matter, or do they just exist to prove the point that the universe will provide multiple avenues to the desired outcome? Will the accidents keep escalating until it's like "You could've just let her get hit by a football, but now she got run over by a bus. Why don't you loving mind your business, Max."

Don't think you really needed to spoiler tag the majority of that, Homeless lady won't be anyone of importance though, its good game design 101 that if you are going to have a twist character or have them be very important they need to 100% be shown to the player in some way, homeless lady was missed by tons of people and you never have to interact with her, Trucker guy has the same amount of plot strength as her

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Please post no spoilers of episode 5 until 10pm est or warn before post tia

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Ekusukariba posted:

Don't think you really needed to spoiler tag the majority of that, Homeless lady won't be anyone of importance though, its good game design 101 that if you are going to have a twist character or have them be very important they need to 100% be shown to the player in some way, homeless lady was missed by tons of people and you never have to interact with her, Trucker guy has the same amount of plot strength as her

Yeah, I always spoiler tag stuff to be safe, I'd rather be told it's not necessary than get yelled at for the opposite!

I didn't realize she could be missed the first time, it's been a long time since I played that episode, I only remember I missed her the second time. You're right, though.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
One hour til release. Rev up the hype train.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

:wow:

If I took a punch for someone I'd loving say they owed me too. They are friends you giant goon.

also remember that this game takes place over the course of 4 loving days. It's not like he's coming after you and following you around asking you out for months on end. He asks you out in episode 2 for christ's sake.

Creepily staring up at a girl's window at 7:00 in the morning from behind a corner and hiding when spotted. Nothing wrong with that. :jerkbag:

Responds to being called sensitive with: "Sensitive usually means: won't be having sex with you."

Talks about how he'll have to cancel with Brooke if you decide to Go Ape with him

Attempts to guilt Max into going to the drive in with him because he already has two tickets. Fun fact, there is a flyer in the game that mentions the tickets are sold by the car.

The frankly disturbing number of texts he sends despite getting few if any replies.

To be fair its probably just an eye of the beholder thing. I've met a bunch of MRA's in my life and was dangerously close to being the 'nice guy' type during a troubled part of my youth so I'm less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt than someone who sees it as just (hopefully) unrequited puppy love.

quote:

Warren became a fine and good dude in my book the moment his fists began to collide with Nathan's ratfink fuckin face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAFvbtMHuI

I'll give he won a lot of points doing that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I too think it's cool and good to continue beating someone up when he's on the ground and begging for mercy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirSamVimes posted:

I too think it's cool and good to continue beating someone up when he's on the ground and begging for mercy.

The limpwristed dweebs in this thread like it because they will never get the chance

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Or he's an awkward teenager that doesn't quite know how to act around a girl he really likes, I think you're reading way too hard into this

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

Red Red Blue posted:

Or he's an awkward teenager that doesn't quite know how to act around a girl he really likes, I think you're reading way too hard into this

I agree, I've dealt with "nice guys (tm)" in my life, and Warren just reads as a clueless teenage boy, which is the standard. Max is nice to Warren and doesn't seem to acknowledge any of his advances, so he doesn't feel the need to stop trying to get with her. I imagine if she was like "hey man, not interested" he would've backed off, he seems to care about and respect her. I don't think the kid is a secret Reddit poster.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Oh no, the guy who almost raped Chloe, killed Chloe, Helped kidnapped an unknown amount of girls, drugged Kate and drove her to suicide, threaten Max in person as well as messing up her room, beat up Warren, pulls a gun on you, is getting beat up

So yes it is cool

Ekusukariba fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 19, 2015

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Ekusukariba posted:

Oh no, the guy who almost raped Chloe, killed Chloe, Helped kidnapped an unknown amount of girls, drugged Kate and drove her to suicide, threaten Max in person as well as messing up her room, beat up Warren, is getting beat up

So yes it is cool

God, not this argument again. Can we all just agree that Nathan is a complete gently caress who probably deserves to get beat up for his actions but is also probably mentally ill and seriously needs some daddy love?

Also, W gon give it to ya.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm trying to avoid this thread since the game is so close to being out, but just as an FYI to PC players who have upgraded to Windows 10 recently - I just had to update my physX driver in order to stop the game crashing at the Unreal logo. That fixed all the problems for me at least.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Caros posted:

Creepily staring up at a girl's window at 7:00 in the morning from behind a corner and hiding when spotted. Nothing wrong with that. :jerkbag:

Responds to being called sensitive with: "Sensitive usually means: won't be having sex with you."

Talks about how he'll have to cancel with Brooke if you decide to Go Ape with him

Attempts to guilt Max into going to the drive in with him because he already has two tickets. Fun fact, there is a flyer in the game that mentions the tickets are sold by the car.

The frankly disturbing number of texts he sends despite getting few if any replies.

To be fair its probably just an eye of the beholder thing. I've met a bunch of MRA's in my life and was dangerously close to being the 'nice guy' type during a troubled part of my youth so I'm less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt than someone who sees it as just (hopefully) unrequited puppy love.

You're really reaching here buddy. Maybe your tumblr hug box would be a better outlet for the SJW nonsense you are trying to shoehorn into the LiS thread?

Warren is a dweeb and a teenage boy, but you have to work really hard to make him into an abusive dirtbag. However and also: gently caress Warren, that nerd! Max x Chloe OTP.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Holy poo poo did I walk into 17 simultaneous AGMs because y'all are killing me with these projections

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Warren needs to pick up "The Best of Tom Leykis."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

You're really reaching here buddy. Maybe your tumblr hug box would be a better outlet for the SJW nonsense you are trying to shoehorn into the LiS thread?

I don't like that not thinking Warren is a creep automatically aligns me with posts like this

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Homeless lady is the spirit animal of Arcadia Bay.

Also Warren is a dweeb.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

wyoming posted:

Homeless lady is the spirit animal of Arcadia Bay.

Also Warren is a dweeb.

This is an acceptable theory to my dumb idea that homeless lady is important. Homeless lady made the totem pole 100s of years ago. Also, she is the totem pole.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Caros posted:

It's his creepy stalking and 'nice guy' behaviour. Oh I took a punch for you max, I guess that means you owe me. Heh heh.

Women aren't something you put attention coins into for sex/relationships and warren seems like he is really, really close to thinking they are judging by his behaviour.

That's a fresh take if I've ever seen one. Women, coins? Where did you come up with this stuff????

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

If you like Warren you probably didn't get laid in high school

If you don't like Warren you still probably didn't get laid in high school but you've at least figured out why and are mad at yourself for what you view as lost time, or you're a woman.

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...
I thought Warren was just a dumb teenage kid, but then I saw that picture of him creeping in Max's window and he'll forever be a creeper to me now.

He's still probably harmless though :)

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Isn't LiS supposed to be out 7 PM EST for PC? Why isn't it here yet :c

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't like that not thinking Warren is a creep automatically aligns me with posts like this

Yeah. I wish you could tell Warren, "not interested" and then see the reaction because that would make it clear if he is a creep or not. As it is, he's a teen boy who is friends with a teen girl who he likes and is unsure if she likes him as "more than friends." Like, he's clearly into Max, but he's also way too chickenshit to just ask her out, so he's trying to figure out if she's interested without putting himself in a position to be rejected. And Max is clearly oblivious to all of this in the same way that we know that Booke is into Warren, but he clearly doesn't. So pretty much just your standard teenage stuff. Again, if Max said, hey I'm totally into Chloe and not you, and he was all "hey you owe me, I took a punch for you" then we could have a different conversation.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Warm Woolen Pants posted:

I thought Warren was just a dumb teenage kid, but then I saw that picture of him creeping in Max's window and he'll forever be a creeper to me now.

He's still probably harmless though :)

He's just waiting for Max so he can ask her to the movies, so I think they meant it to be a funny little easter egg, like he's waiting for his crush but getting bored so he checks to see if she's coming already

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

He's on the ground floor looking up at her second story window. The way people talk about it you'd think he was in a tree with a pair of binoculars.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I like Warren. He's just a bit of an awkward fit for the tone and style of the game which seems to automatically conjure up images of the Nice Guy (I think the words "white knight" are literally used somewhere). People are also probably just a little leery of Max being railroaded into a relationship they're not interested in, particularly if they're more interested in seeing Max with Chloe. Depending on the ending to episode 5 people might warm up to Warren a bit if they see any awkward tension with him can be cleared up.

Edit - I strongly sympathize with a highschool guy hanging around so he can "happen to bump into" his crush. Also I thought he was looking at the front door, not looking through her window? If was looking through her window you'd figure he'd panic when he saw her looking at him back.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 20, 2015

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

SirSamVimes posted:

He pulled a gun, you know, the gun that he brought to school and carries everywhere. Also he helps kidnap his classmates for Jefferson / possibly his fathers rape dungeon. Also that scene happens as he's on his way to drug and kidnap Victoria.

Dude had it coming.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Akarshi posted:

I've been checking in the game now and then, and they've got Episode 5 Now Available in the little announcement scroll at the menu, but no dice. I assume something is lagging on their end.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Akarshi posted:

It's only 18:15 EST. You're actually in EDT. At least I'm 90% sure this is the case.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Yeah. I wish you could tell Warren, "not interested" and then see the reaction because that would make it clear if he is a creep or not. As it is, he's a teen boy who is friends with a teen girl who he likes and is unsure if she likes him as "more than friends." Like, he's clearly into Max, but he's also way too chickenshit to just ask her out, so he's trying to figure out if she's interested without putting himself in a position to be rejected. And Max is clearly oblivious to all of this in the same way that we know that Booke is into Warren, but he clearly doesn't. So pretty much just your standard teenage stuff. Again, if Max said, hey I'm totally into Chloe and not you, and he was all "hey you owe me, I took a punch for you" then we could have a different conversation.

Maybe episode 5 will finally give us the opportunity to find these things out. I'm all for switching to Warren is a Creep side if, for instance, the drive through date gets weird.

To be honest though it's kind of hard to imagine where going to the movies could even fit into the last episode at this point. But I guess we'll see!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
^^^ I could see a sort of epilogue section where we get some choices played out in a non-interactive montage that covers Ape time

Also, I can't even tell if window Warren is even looking in max's room from how little detail there is there. Seems like he could be looking this way

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 20, 2015

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Maybe episode 5 will finally give us the opportunity to find these things out. I'm all for switching to Warren is a Creep side if, for instance, the drive through date gets weird.

To be honest though it's kind of hard to imagine where going to the movies could even fit into the last episode at this point. But I guess we'll see!

Considering the drive-in thing isn't for a few weeks ingame I doubt we'll see it outside of maybe a Warren Ending

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Also, I can't even tell if window Warren is even looking in max's room from how little detail there is there. Seems like he could be looking this way

ZOOM

ENHANCE

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

How so? he's a teenager who really likes this girl who he constantly hangs out with who is completely oblivious to another girl who likes him and at least before we get control of Max they seem to be friendly and on pretty good terms

He stares outside of your window when you wake up an photoshops himself in pictures with you.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Arcland posted:

He stares outside of your window when you wake up an photoshops himself in pictures with you.

Wait when does the second one of those happen?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Arcland posted:

NORMAL TEENAGE STUFF OKAY

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Nobody's denying Warren is kind of a weirdo but I really don't think you could call him a "creepy stalker" or an MRA or some poo poo like that one guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Regy Rusty posted:

I think the date might have got cancelled on account of how Chloe hosed up real hard and got herself killed and Max kidnapped.

• Locked thread