Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dangersim posted:

RDA used to be ok, then he worked hard and is now really good hth

i think he's shown pretty solid progress over time that coincide directly with changes in camps and coaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
The only 155er in the entire world I would money on against RDA is khabib, and that depends on how he looks when he comes back from a decade in the Siberian wilderness

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Trast posted:

Worst career move has to go to Jon Jones this year for the DUI. If not for that he was probably going to beat Rumble, beat Gus in a rematch, and jump to heavyweight.
Jon Jones is actually fighter of the year for giving countless hours to charity and community service. setting a standard for all other athletes to follow.

Not quite fighter of the year but pretty good years all-in-all candidates: Uriah Hall if he goes 4-1 in 2015 after everyone thinking he was utter lovely trash, Max Holloway on the verge of going 4-0 with a few good wins in there, Demian Maia about to go 3-0 after everyone thinking he was utter lovely trash (again),

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dangersim posted:

The only 155er in the entire world I would money on against RDA is khabib, and that depends on how he looks when he comes back from a decade in the Siberian wilderness

plus his latest string of injuries is kind of troubling. he's been out for a while.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

plus his latest string of injuries is kind of troubling. he's been out for a while.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

-Atom- posted:

maybe against Khabib but Cerrone is gonna have an uphill battle with RDA

Yeah I don't see this fight going significantly differently than their first. Actually, this applies to both Cerrone and Khabib.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I'm scared that khabib may turn into a "what could have been" story

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

I'm scared that khabib may turn into a "what could have been" story

I wouldn't worry about it too much. He's still basically the youngest ranked lightweight UFC has, only Dariush is younger by 1 year I think. The injuries might impact his performance but tons of athletes bounce back from knee injuries, and I'm gonna guess Khabib has some decent genetics cause he wrestled a bear that one time.

Tony Ferguson is also way too comfortable fighting off his back so I think Khabib will be in good form for his December fight. I expect it to look similar to the Tony Ferguson vs Danny Castillo match but much more decisive for Khabib.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bundt Cake posted:

Fighter of the Year

You
First and foremost, I'd like to give thanks to my coach and training partners at Internet Top Team. Posting Never Die.
And lemme hear the crowd on this one, "Don't fear me.."
crowd: ...
"fear fatherdog!"
crowd: *scattered applause*

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

kimbo305 posted:

First and foremost, I'd like to give thanks to my coach and training partners at Internet Top Team. Posting Never Die.
And lemme hear the crowd on this one, "Don't fear me.."
crowd: ...
"fear fatherdog!"
crowd: *scattered applause*

If it was fathedog, the chant would be:

nope
nope
Nope
Nope
NOPE
NOPE

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
More like dope

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lid posted:

late career resurgent drug addict

He's not "late career resurgent", he's a guy who's gotten steadily better over the course of his career and is only 30.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Actually, after careful consideration of everything he's done, Nick Diaz is the 2015 fighter of the year

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

The injuries might impact his performance but tons of athletes bounce back from knee injuries

Shogun

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

Actually, after careful consideration of everything he's done, Nick Diaz is the 2015 fighter of the year

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
all this mma stunt casting in feature films is getting out of hand

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

fatherdog posted:

He's not "late career resurgent", he's a guy who's gotten steadily better over the course of his career and is only 30.

It is really cool to watch his fights in order and see a massive improvement over the years. It's spaced out, but from looking nervous and terrified to engage against Tyson Griffin, to slamming that left straight into Anthony Pettis' smug face, it's pretty loving dramatic.

Shogun didn't just have knee injuries, though. He almost completely fell apart before he turned 30. It's weird to watch Shogun/Henderson 1 and realise only one of those men is actually old.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
jon jones is my 2015 fighter of the year

he has fought some of the toughest opposition in and out of the octagon. He has had to fight allegations against him as a person, personal tragedies in his life, learning how to use twitter by not using twitter, having to become a better Christian. We got to give him the credit where credit is due since it is proven he is a real philanthropist offering all back to his community.

"We've learned Jones hit up 5 different places on Thursday -- to rave reviews from the people who run the groups." http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/18/jon-jones-community-service/

He hit up 5 different places ... guy gets fighter of the year if you ask me.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Holy poo poo lmao

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

jesus christ

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The dumb career moves awards for the past 2 years are proof this place knows whats up. At least in matters of fighters being dumb as poo poo.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao holy gently caress

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

hahaha

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Looks like the rematch of the century will never happen, Soa Palelei retired

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
augh dangit

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

http://www.downfacebook.com/download-facebook-video-10153187951875774.html

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I do not get this.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

I do not get this.

shame on you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCnqy8Klaw

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lmao

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Oh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The dumb career moves awards for the past 2 years are proof this place knows whats up. At least in matters of fighters being dumb as poo poo.

2014 doesn't even hold a candle to 2013's though, that's just how bad 2013's was.

I don't know if Mark Hunt will be able to get his hat-trick favourite fighter this year though, that Robbie Lawler vs Rory fight and Nick Diaz being Nick Diaz are going to make it hard for him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
What are you talking about he released a book detailing what he was up against to even be alive and how he threatened to throw a Japanese rear end in a top hat out of a window. Mark hunt is winning that award until he retires.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aurain posted:

2014 doesn't even hold a candle to 2013's though, that's just how bad 2013's was.

I don't know if Mark Hunt will be able to get his hat-trick favourite fighter this year though, that Robbie Lawler vs Rory fight and Nick Diaz being Nick Diaz are going to make it hard for him.

I move that the Favourite Fighter award be renamed the Mark Hunt award, and that he be given the prize emeritus forever so that we can vote for our second favourite fighter.

Or the award can be renamed "PSP's second-favourite fighter"

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Anyone coming to watch RDA-Cerrone in Orlando in December? Just bought my tickets, stoked to finally catch a UFC event live.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

IT BEGINS posted:

Anyone coming to watch RDA-Cerrone in Orlando in December? Just bought my tickets, stoked to finally catch a UFC event live.

I think there's a bunch of goons going. My wife and I will be there. Where are you sitting?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

CommonShore posted:

I move that the Favourite Fighter award be renamed the Mark Hunt award, and that he be given the prize emeritus forever so that we can vote for our second favourite fighter.

Or the award can be renamed "PSP's second-favourite fighter"

So there's a a British Vote and then an actually official vote after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

HEY NONG MAN posted:

So there's a a British Vote and then an actually official vote after that?

Yes?

But like, barring some gigantic Cosby-level scandal, that this forum loves Mark Hunt is not going to come into question. There's no point in voting for it anymore. The second favourite is up for grabs, though.

• Locked thread