Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Wii U General Discussion: They called the ninth Nintendo the Ninetendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

As long as they call the ninth Nintendo system the Ninetendo.

:swoon:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I like the sound of NX and I hope they keep the name. As long as they call the ninth Nintendo system the Ninetendo.

Flawless.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like the sound of NX and I hope they keep the name. As long as they call the ninth Nintendo system the Ninetendo.

I looked at this post like a dozen different times before I realized that you didn't just type Nintendo twice. :downs:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
SmileBASIC, that programming language for the 3DS, is coming to the Wii U. It's coming next year not only in Japan but to the west also. You can use a regular USB keyboard for the job if you find typing with the gamepad tedious.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If I can't use this, what's the point.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If they're gonna make the Ninetendo they better follow it up with the Tentendo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greatn posted:

If they're gonna make the Ninetendo they better follow it up with the Tentendo.

Uh, I think you mean Nin10do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Uh, I think you mean Nin10do.

I am ashamed

Edit: Wait. The 1010do. 1010 is binary for 10.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

blablablabla posted:

Looks like the Nintendo NX wont be another fancy gamecube.

They have broken the chains, they are finally free.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Does woolly world have minor framerate issues at times or is it just me? Sometimes it'll hitch for a few seconds and it's really jarring and strange.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Does woolly world have minor framerate issues at times or is it just me? Sometimes it'll hitch for a few seconds and it's really jarring and strange.

It hitches for me a lot on the world map but not during stages.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lack of virtually any news things plus almost nothing until xenoblade x is extremely depressing for wiiu. I forgot the last time I picked it up besides mario maker which has now hit peak retard with the amount of terrible levels people churn out. I was thinking about getting woolly world though for multiplayer, gf loves yoshi games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah Wooly World is low frame rate on world map but not in the stages.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The wooly world bundle is on its way

Can't wait to get wooly on the wii u

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

greatn posted:

Yeah Wooly World is low frame rate on world map but not in the stages.

I've had it happen in the Spooky Scraps stage and once or twice hitched pretty badly in 4-S

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

lack of virtually any news things plus almost nothing until xenoblade x is extremely depressing for wiiu. I forgot the last time I picked it up besides mario maker which has now hit peak retard with the amount of terrible levels people churn out. I was thinking about getting woolly world though for multiplayer, gf loves yoshi games.

I'm the exact opposite, I forget the last time I picked up my PS4, but I play my Wii U a lot.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hey guys is the green knitted Yoshi rare? I was coerced into getting the "collectors" version of the game that came with him.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I've had it happen in the Spooky Scraps stage and once or twice hitched pretty badly in 4-S

I got some stuttering during one of the castle stages in the second world after unpausing. I thought my HD was failing.

Fatal Frame 5 is getting some pretty good reviews. Is the remake of 2 worth importing?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vintersorg posted:

Hey guys is the green knitted Yoshi rare? I was coerced into getting the "collectors" version of the game that came with him.

Only rare at the moment because in the US there is currently no way to get one without buying the bundle. Greens are readily importable and will be available separately later.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fatal Frame 5 is getting some pretty good reviews. Is the remake of 2 worth importing?

Is this sarcastic, because most of them have been anywhere from 3 to 7.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Motto posted:

Is this sarcastic, because most of them have been anywhere from 3 to 7.

I've seen those reviews all over the god drat map. 8.5, 5, 4, 7, 7.5 , 5, 9, and a couple of text reviews from sites that don't do scores, one of which was very positive and one of which was very negative.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fatal Frame V review:
* pretty atmospheric
* the U tablet controller was made for this game (and Pokemon Snap)
* tank controls, Jesus loving Christ, the tank controls

Pick if you like slow-paced, horror games with Japanese themes and can forgive the prehistoric controls. Otherwise, probably not.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well the prologue and first chapter are literally free, so everyone should pick it up to see if they like it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Saoshyant posted:

* tank controls, Jesus loving Christ, the tank controls

Ah, yes. Shoddy controls, you can't have a horror game without one.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Decide to go into Wii Mode and buy Bomberman Hero and now I'm thinking of buying a cart of Bomberman 64.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Bought Woolly World off the eshop and man, it is super cute, adorable and really evoking that original Yoshi's Island vibe. I feel like a kid again.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
I've been playing Wooly World co-op, and boy oh boy is there a lot of cannibalism and arm punching. It's great!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Jarogue posted:

Decide to go into Wii Mode and buy Bomberman Hero and now I'm thinking of buying a cart of Bomberman 64.

It's a travesty that none of the current consoles or handhelds have an original Bomberman game outside of backwards compatibility

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I started playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I saw people complain that those replace the bikini costumes

They should have both :colbert:

Seriously though, the game is already rated M. The game had bikinis in Japan. Removing bikinis is like implying there's something wrong with them. What's wrong with optional bikinins?

Also, I guess we'll get the NX Fall of 2016 or Spring of 2017. I'm a little disappointed. I'm happy with my Wii U. I don't want to buy a new device.

Breadallelogram posted:

I started playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time.

You are in for a real treat. It is such a great game. After you are done with SMG, get SMG 2. It is greater than or equal to Super Mario Galaxy. It has Yoshi and some really challenging levels.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Jarogue posted:

Bomberman: The Second Attack is amazing.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Spectacle Rock posted:

Seriously though, the game is already rated M. The game had bikinis in Japan. Removing bikinis is like implying there's something wrong with them. What's wrong with optional bikinins?
Bikinis don't seem like they match the game's tone in a coherent good-faith way, but neither do the wacky substitute costumes, so I guess what you have on your hands is a lose-lose situation where everything is dumb.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The bikinis seem interesting in that they're trying to give the player a boner and jump scares at the same time. Maybe that's why they couldn't get the vitality sensor to work.

I guess being wary of a ghost jumping out and looking at a sexy bikini waifu both up your heart rate and therefore the scares are more intense?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

You are in for a real treat. It is such a great game. After you are done with SMG, get SMG 2. It is greater than or equal to Super Mario Galaxy. It has Yoshi and some really challenging levels.

I am playing the bee world levels and having a good time. I have my friend's copy of 2 ready for when I finish 1. :yeah:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Moriatti posted:

I never managed to beat that game and sadly my N64 copy glitches halfway through the game. It WAS fun though.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Moriatti posted:

I want it but it $120+. Just going to have to put it on the list with Burning Rangers, Rule of Rose, and Gotcha Force.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

greatn posted:

The bikinis seem interesting in that they're trying to give the player a boner and jump scares at the same time. Maybe that's why they couldn't get the vitality sensor to work.

I guess being wary of a ghost jumping out and looking at a sexy bikini waifu both up your heart rate and therefore the scares are more intense?

I think it's interesting (?) to note just how...scantily these bikini actually are. Like they were designed so that when you're in the rainy areas and the costume gets wet you can actually see the fabric getting soaked and gross. It's like the one in the white is wearing a drat napkin.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I think it's interesting (?) to note just how...scantily these bikini actually are. Like they were designed so that when you're in the rainy areas and the costume gets wet you can actually see the fabric getting soaked and gross. It's like the one in the white is wearing a drat napkin.

I see no problem with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wow, I can't begin to explain exactly how little I care

• Locked thread