Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

An excerpt from the daily Q&A at Status Report

Obnoxious devs being dismissive as always of legitimate complaints, but at least they're admitting their game isn't the flawless gem they've insisted it was in the past. AW's success is really spooking them.

Is Armored Warfare actually any good/successful? I tried it in alpha or closed beta or something last year and it ran like butt and didn't seem different enough to bother with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Bleremiah posted:

What's the point of WoT blitz. Fun?

It's the mobile version of WoT. It looks and plays very much like WoT Classic, albeit with different (i.e. touch) controls, smaller battles, and terrible pubbies (I guess some things stay the same.) Try it out at least, it's free! Android or iOS, login with your main Wargaming account.

AlmightyPants posted:

Is Armored Warfare actually any good/successful? I tried it in alpha or closed beta or something last year and it ran like butt and didn't seem different enough to bother with.

It's pretty good for being this early in development. There are still bugs, e.g. graphics (textures, effects), tank models (armor layouts), latency (no server reticle) but it's fun as a WoT-inspired alternative. It seems to run better than WoT, with more details enabled on the former.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's an iteration on what made WoT successful. The core gameplay is the same, but the designers have made a few very good choices that improve things here and there. They obviously studied what works and what's flawed in WoT while planning the game. It could be a WoT-killer if Wargaming doesn't seriously step their game up, but as is it's rough. And suffers from a lot of poor art choices.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Prav posted:

The E-25 should choke on a bowl of dicks and their drivers be drowned in their own piss.

Corrected.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
After Czech meds get added they are adding a line of Jap TDs wonder how trash they will be.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
It'll just be the heavy line with no turrets.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bleremiah posted:

It'll just be the heavy line with no turrets.

Let's hope for a tier 6 SU-152.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Hellsau posted:

Let's hope for a tier 6 SU-152.
a slightly better credit su-100y seems inevitable.

The top 75mm, huh. Interesting choice. No idea the ammo capacity was so low.

Infected posted:

Corrected.
We're all E-25 drivers now

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can see a TD with the O-I's 10cm being fun too. It's a hell of a good gun that is overshadowed by the derp. I'm averaging 1200 damage per battle with it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The bonuses only matter on XX-15. Yeah a few extra credits are nice on some of the missions, but who really cards about a few thousand free XP or a couple days premium time or a garage slot or whatever?

I know, but I suffer from completionist brain. What really bothers me is that I essentially got perfect matchmaking, where I was the only tier 9 against a whole bunch of IS-3 style tier 8 premiums on a map that let me go hull down, and the chances of me getting that again are essentially zero. I have got the damage blocked requirement in the KV-220 a bunch of times, but the damage done requirement is a bitch at tier 5. I was 20 damage short once, but too slow to make it to kill the last remaining enemy.

HT-12 is by far the shittiest mission because people will just stop shooting you if they can't pen. Also having those two blocked Jg Pz E 100 shots not count because they did 0 damage on my vision device is the steamingest pile of bullshit ever and I'm still salty about it.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 19, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the occasion for x3's on a weekday? I've looked around and can't find anything.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

What's the occasion for x3's on a weekday? I've looked around and can't find anything.

The 3x thing was mentioned for Monday-Thursday at the end of the weekend mission post on the home page. Wargaming's front page people are incredibly terrible at their jobs.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Wargaming's front page people are incredibly terrible at their jobs.

FTFY

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

Hellsau posted:

Wargaming's front page people are Nazis and incredibly terrible at their jobs.

FTFY

FTFY

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

I can see a TD with the O-I's 10cm being fun too. It's a hell of a good gun that is overshadowed by the derp. I'm averaging 1200 damage per battle with it.

I fully expect this to be a option on most of the line.. Hopefully they will be more accurate than on the heavy tanks. Heat sniping in the O-I is worse than arty RNG.

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 19, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FTFY

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

I want a Type 59 quite badly.

FTFY

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Played well in the amx 30 for once, and got to be the douchey medium on the losing team who refuses to die. Shooting and ducking before you can get any more than a richochet. Did 5k damage, no one else on my team hit 2k.

Almost unlocked the top gun, looking forward to that extra penetration and the ridiculous shell velocity.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Just getting back into the game last week or so after a pretty long break, turns out the KV-5 is still a fun tank to mindlessly play and earn credits. Seeing them a lot more often now, though. I'm guessing they've gone on sale multiple times since January/February of last year?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
KV-5 is put up for sale all the time, so often that there's a collective eye roll when it's announced. Demand for it must be close to zero by this point.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

Just getting back into the game last week or so after a pretty long break, turns out the KV-5 is still a fun tank to mindlessly play and earn credits. Seeing them a lot more often now, though. I'm guessing they've gone on sale multiple times since January/February of last year?

Probably like 5 or 6 times, maybe more. The IS-3 got ludicrously buffed so you'll basically never pen it except when facehugging onto the roof or maybe driver's hatch, or at very long range through the lower plate (it depends on the angle). That kind of makes the KV-5 unreliable to play since there's a same tier tank that just stops you cold, even if you shoot gold. Of course you also can just straight murder people who don't bother to target the many, many weak spots, or who refuse to fire premium ammo.

Also you shouldn't play this terrible game.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Probably like 5 or 6 times, maybe more.

drat, that's... a lot.

Hellsau posted:

Also you shouldn't play this terrible game.

Well, you know. Relapses and such.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

AlmightyPants posted:

Here are 2 things that I really like what the Armored Warfare people are doing:
-They acknowledged the grind is a bit much, and are adjusting payouts and xp gain.

-They have actual fair and reasonable prices for their tanks.

Their founder pack gave 3 months of premium, a bunch of gold, and 4 great tanks. The premium vehicles in game are all reasonably priced and fun.

Actual game is good too.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

Here are 2 things that I really like what the Armored Warfare people are doing:
-They acknowledged the grind is a bit much, and are adjusting payouts and xp gain.

-They have actual fair and reasonable prices for their tanks.

Their founder pack gave 3 months of premium, a bunch of gold, and 4 great tanks. The premium vehicles in game are all reasonably priced and fun.

Actual game is good too.

I've gone completely over to AW from WoT. Only time I log in is to check weekly box earning so I can pay people in Otter. Once they find someone who isn't going to Voth/Tioga the treasury, I'm out.

The QoL stuff really makes a difference for me - I don't mind giving them money because it feels like they're actually listening and trying to make a better game instead of 'gently caress you, pay me" Wargaming.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Vorkosigan posted:

I've gone completely over to AW from WoT. Only time I log in is to check weekly box earning so I can pay people in Otter. Once they find someone who isn't going to Voth/Tioga the treasury, I'm out.

The QoL stuff really makes a difference for me - I don't mind giving them money because it feels like they're actually listening and trying to make a better game instead of 'gently caress you, pay me" Wargaming.
The QoL has yet to kick in for Mac users etc. of AW, WG devs actually respond when the wrapper subforums whine. But I also expect AW will get round to this too. And then just like the companies that have gone before them, they will become gradually more obdurate and garbage as they start milking the cash cows.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Vorkosigan posted:

Once they find someone who isn't going to Voth/Tioga the treasury, I'm out.

I volunteer. I'm trustworthy - I've never caused a clan to implode.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Hellsau posted:

I volunteer. I'm trustworthy - I've never caused a clan to implode.

Hellsau has never led anyone astray.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Hellsau has never led anyone astray.

Literally never. Except for MikeTheFool.

Story time! VOLT was the worst/best clan I ever joined for a campaign. Got my M60, but they were just terrible all around and had many players intentionally choose to lose clan wars games. Anyway, MikeTheFool wanted an M60, and I suggested VOLT take him in. Instead he got into TESLA, their subclan. TESLA was better than VOLT - better players, better callers, better cohesion. Unfortunately they were the subclan so they had to roll over for VOLT. Through completely worthless mismanagement by VOLT's commanders, VOLT got into a position on the map where we couldn't earn clan fame points (victory points?), AND where we couldn't support TESLA. TESLA ended up getting top 31 on clan rankings - top 30 clans got M60s.

Eventually WGNA gave TESLA the M60s as a pity prize after like two months, but holy poo poo did I feel bad about leading MikeTheFool into such a clusterfuck. VOLT gave me a great goddamn story though, which is why I join random clans for campaigns. Good stories (and free tanks) are way better than actually being in a successful clan.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Hellsau posted:

Literally never. Except for MikeTheFool.

Story time! VOLT was the worst/best clan I ever joined for a campaign. Got my M60, but they were just terrible all around and had many players intentionally choose to lose clan wars games. Anyway, MikeTheFool wanted an M60, and I suggested VOLT take him in. Instead he got into TESLA, their subclan. TESLA was better than VOLT - better players, better callers, better cohesion. Unfortunately they were the subclan so they had to roll over for VOLT. Through completely worthless mismanagement by VOLT's commanders, VOLT got into a position on the map where we couldn't earn clan fame points (victory points?), AND where we couldn't support TESLA. TESLA ended up getting top 31 on clan rankings - top 30 clans got M60s.

Eventually WGNA gave TESLA the M60s as a pity prize after like two months, but holy poo poo did I feel bad about leading MikeTheFool into such a clusterfuck. VOLT gave me a great goddamn story though, which is why I join random clans for campaigns. Good stories (and free tanks) are way better than actually being in a successful clan.
Je présente 'ellsau, jongleur du véhicules blindées

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

I volunteer. I'm trustworthy - I've caused every clan to implode.

ftfy

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
What color do the parasols in the bombed-out Cafe on Widepark have?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey man Evil Gaming imploded on their own. Same with HAVOK and the Burning Legion. Also here's the Burning Legion's code of conduct. Enjoy new players and EU people - this group of clans was the leading force in clan wars until the entire server got fed up with their poo poo and then they imploded. Incidentally VOLT split off from them early on.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

Hey man Evil Gaming imploded on their own. Same with HAVOK and the Burning Legion. Also here's the Burning Legion's code of conduct. Enjoy new players and EU people - this group of clans was the leading force in clan wars until the entire server got fed up with their poo poo and then they imploded. Incidentally VOLT split off from them early on.

So how did you get into it then, if they have a code of conduct?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I don't think I can get into another tank MMO with "responsibilities". Being on 3 nights a week is taking a toll on the girlfriend.

Being an adult is loving awful. I miss the days of eating Lucky Charms and raiding Molten Core till 4 in the morning with 40 other losers.

On the bright side, Fallout 4 is coming out soon :unsmith:. Might use my vacation time for that...

Edit: On a side note, if you are looking for a side game to relive some stress from WoT or AW, Killing Floor 2 is super loving satisfying.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 20, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

lol jesus that loving code of conduct, gently caress that. it's almost like you have the midas touch, but instead of turning things to gold every clan you touch turns to poo poo and implodes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: On a side note, if you are looking for a side game to relive some stress from WoT or AW, Killing Floor 2 is super loving satisfying.

I've been playing vermintide with some bros, its a pretty sweet time and you kill tons of poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I've been playing vermintide with some bros, its a pretty sweet time and you kill tons of poo poo.

But does it have a Microwave Expander gun?

:smugdog:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

But does it have a Microwave Expander gun?

:smugdog:

It has an automatic flintlock pistol :black101:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Confirming that Vermintide is legit fun and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just had a 1282 base XP battle in the Bromwell. Still only 1st class. This tank is insane.