Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The reason I'm asking this is because if this is some kind of high-school drama you're trying to write here, I think there are better subforums for that purpose (CC and VEGETA come to mind). If you have actual sources then, depending on what they are, maybe this can somehow be salvaged into a discussion of substance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The reason I'm asking this is because if this is some kind of high-school drama you're trying to write here, I think there are better subforums for that purpose (CC and VEGETA come to mind). If you have actual sources then, depending on what they are, maybe this can somehow be salvaged into a discussion of substance.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Irving-Student-Says-Hes-Falsely-Accused-of-Making-a-Hoax-Bomb-327794401.html

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

spunkshui posted:

Holy gently caress i though SA was one of the smarter corners of the internet.

THIS KID'S GOT A RECORD

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Do you want to go ahead and post the sources for the claims you're making about cable locks and how he did this deliberately to get attention etc or...?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

That uh, doesn't corroborate your claims.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

I don't see how this link supports your claims that the student has a history of loving with teachers, or how he brought the clock to school to scare people.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
He said he didn't do it, which if you know anything about islam is called "taqiyya"

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

On Terra Firma posted:

Do you want to go ahead and post the sources for the claims you're making about cable locks and how he did this deliberately to get attention etc or...?

Here let me help: www dot theblaze dot com slash FAAAAAARRTTT.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This is America, you don't have the right not to talk to the police and then be assumed to be innocent. Morons

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Where is the corroboration for this:

spunkshui posted:

Teacher only noticed it because it was beeping.

Kid refused to explain the beeping coming from the locked case.

In this:

quote:

Mohamed said problems arose when the clock rang in his back pack in class with a second teacher later in the day. He said he showed that teacher the device after other students had left the room.

"She said, ‘Well it looks like a bomb. Don’t show it to anyone else,’" he said. "And she decides to take it from me."

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

spunkshui posted:

Teacher only noticed it because it was beeping.

Kid refused to explain the beeping coming from the locked case.

quote:

Mohamed said problems arose when the clock rang in his back pack in class with a second teacher later in the day. He said he showed that teacher the device after other students had left the room.
"She said, ‘Well it looks like a bomb. Don’t show it to anyone else,’" he said. "And she decides to take it from me."

????

Plus the other claims that aren't in that article either.

e:f,b

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
clock kid was a known regular at the ISIS training camp in Plano, TX

https://www.doyourresearch.biz/clock-kid-terrorist see it's all there in ones and zeros as they say on the world wide web

but no the cultural marxist-feminist conspiracy wants you to think this 14 year old boy was innocent. clock parts? they make IEDs from 'clock parts' in argentina

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

On Terra Firma posted:

He showed it to the 2nd period teacher after his electronics teacher said not to becuase it looks like a hoax bomb.

You can see part of the cut locking wires still in the latching mechanism of the case.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

spunkshui posted:

He showed it to the 2nd period teacher after his electronics teacher said not to becuase it looks like a hoax bomb.

His REIGN of TERROR UNCHECKED

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

spunkshui posted:

You can see part of the cut locking wires still in the latching mechanism of the case.

since the scary bomb looking parts were on the inside of the case how did she know it looked like a bomb if it was wired shut

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

spunkshui posted:

they don't even have a photo of what you're saying on the website you posted.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is the weakest case of Phoenix Write Ace Attorney ever.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Radish posted:

This is the weakest case of Phoenix Write Ace Attorney ever.
HOLD IT!

Y-Your honor! It's me, detective Gumshoe. We just received a call that there's a bomb in this very thread! They say it's going to go off if we don't solve the case in thirty posts!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Time to reopen gunthread, because a three-judge panel of the Second Circuit just ruled that banning semi-autos is constitutional.

The judges also ruled that limiting the size of clips and banning a specific non-semi-auto weapon is unconstitutional, but let's not let that stop TFR.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

spunkshui posted:

Is there any amount of evidence that the rest of the thread could show you that would get you to admit you are wrong?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

spunkshui posted:

More reasonable then

"Teacher takes pencil case and school calls police for zero reason"

Are you not aware of the "zero tolerance" hysteria that has been going on the last few years? Teachers and administrators overreact to stupid harmless poo poo all the time. It is very easy to believe that the 2nd teacher and the administration in this case were all idiots.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Time to reopen gunthread, because a three-judge panel of the Second Circuit just ruled that banning semi-autos is constitutional.

The judges also ruled that limiting the size of clips and banning a specific non-semi-auto weapon is unconstitutional, but let's not let that stop TFR.

It's never time to open gun thread

We need to have a serious talk on gun thread control

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Northjayhawk posted:

Are you not aware of the "zero tolerance" hysteria that has been going on the last few years? Teachers and administrators overreact to stupid harmless poo poo all the time. It is very easy to believe that the 2nd teacher and the administration in this case were all idiots.

Remember for context, the mayor of this town is currently waging a self-declared war on Sharia law.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Northjayhawk posted:

If by last few years you mean like 20 then sure, but still in the case of normal "zero tolerance" stuff they do not send the cops out, the kids just get ridiculous detentions for things.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

since the scary bomb looking parts were on the inside of the case how did she know it looked like a bomb if it was wired shut

I'm waiting for the first kid to make a suitcase bomb akin to Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. :v:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

spunkshui posted:

That's contradicted by the story you yourself linked to. It's the second teacher from later in the day who told him it looks like a hoax bomb.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

To clarify, the ruling applies to semi-auto assault rifles. Who knows what the courts will do with that on appeal.

I don't believe a ban on semi-auto handguns would have a chance of surviving a supreme court challenge.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

AlternateNu posted:

I'm waiting for the first kid to make a suitcase bomb akin to Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. :v:

If I strap a clock to a Bop It do I get to meet the president?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

spunkshui posted:

The kid made a loving hoax bomb.

He even put it in a case with a cable lock.

When asked about it the he did not explain it intentionally. He has a record of loving with his teachers.

If that is true this kid loving GETS it. Kid played this country like a fiddle

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Vic's Matt Iglesias on why we are primed for a thousand years of GOP rule. (Hint: DWS isn't investing in running Blue Dogs in state legislature races)

Depressing. But does this mean that it would be preferable if we lost the Presidency in order to win back the House.

evilweasel posted:

Right, because it was common knowledge the guy was cooperating with US intelligence. Gowdy was keeping the name secret so that nobody could confirm, and hosed it up so now everyone can go "yep, there sure were news stories at the time about how everyone knew".

Wait, that's what happened? :lol:

Did he provide a defense for that?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This post is more sensational than the ruling. Banning specific enumerated semi-autos has been a normal thing for a long time. This ruling falls pretty cleanly into line with what we've come to expect.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Northjayhawk posted:

To clarify, the ruling applies to semi-auto assault rifles. Who knows what the courts will do with that on appeal.

I don't believe a ban on semi-auto handguns would have a chance of surviving a supreme court challenge.

I dunno, aren't there plenty of non semi auto pistols out there so that it wouldn't come off as also banning all pistols?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nintendo Kid posted:

I dunno, aren't there plenty of non semi auto pistols out there so that it wouldn't come off as also banning all pistols?

But you see, even people who don't like guns are fond of their Grandpa's 1911 from dubya dubya two.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Donald Trump wants the gun thread reopened or he won't show up at the next debate.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

[M]y understanding is the CIA advised the Committee in a very brief email late Saturday night that it had reviewed the material in question and asked for no material to be redacted [. . . ]

Our Committee has access to career civil servants, former federal prosecutors, former intelligence experts as well as military experts who are uniquely well suited to gauge intelligence information and how it should be handled. Although the Executive Branch is ultimately responsible for classification, we remain concerned with the naming of sources and methods and will continue to protect that information now and going forward where it is readily apparent to us. As such, we will continue to redact certain information to protect sensitive information regardless of how others treat that information [...] ]

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/18/1434655/-In-response-to-Rep-Cummings-Gowdy-confesses-he-redacted-document

So basically, the CIA said that the names in the Clinton e-mails were fine and nothing needed to be redacted, but this fuckface decided that he was going to take it upon himself to redact stuff that he felt threatened national security? Seriously, gently caress this rear end in a top hat.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden is clearly waiting until the mania over the Canadian elections subsides to announce his candidacy.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CortezFantastic posted:

If that is true this kid loving GETS it. Kid played this country like a fiddle

In fairness, we are pretty self-fiddling.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

A new handgun purchased today that is not semi-auto is an odd exception rather than the rule. Only collectors are interested in old-timey revolvers. a semi-auto handgun ban would hit a hell of a lot of the handguns commonly owned by ordinary gun owners in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hey 100 new posts in uspol, let's see what Paul Ryan....oh no some guy with a cat av trolled DnD :smith:

• Locked thread