Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

My eyes rolled out of my head.

and why #funny pictures ? For views?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Thin Privilege posted:

My eyes rolled out of my head.

and why #funny pictures ? For views?

It's a picture of a post for maximum shareability.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

Did Rasputin have a notable schlong or something? Is there some truth behind that stupid Boney M song?
He was most definitely Russia's greatest love machine when it came to loving his way through upper class women and women of all other classes including nuns. Ironically he did not gently caress any of the women he was infamously accused of loving, according to every legitimate historian to write on the matter. My comment when I first heard the Boney M song was something along the lines of "Huh, that's... a lot more accurate a song about Rasputin than I expected from a disco song on a Wii game."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

EmmyOk posted:

all mock threads should be gassed for 6-12 months before being restarted because they are all more full of "this could totally happen" "I am most/least grossed out by this" circlejerking and terrible reddit level repeated jokes.

I'm sorry, I just thought it was funny. :ohdear:

Here is some crap.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stevie Wonder, still popular with the kids.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Good thing that seven-year-old knew all about menstruation!

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Well they did say that it was hard to believe.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
#25 just sounds like what everyone who has a bird says, it just needs a :sigh: at the end.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Seven years olds are totally aware of the forty year old jokes about new math too.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Art.

quote:

The Art Of Parenting
ART GALLERY | BRISBANE, QLD, AUSTRALIA | BAD BEHAVIOR, CRIMINAL/ILLEGAL, FAMILY & KIDS
(I work as a security guard for an art gallery that features paintings by local artists. Today, we are auctioning off some of the older paintings to make way for some newer ones. The paintings that will be auctioned are displayed in one particular room, and I am the guard for this room. When this happens, there are a few customers already here. A well-dressed lady with her young son in tow enter. She leaves her child unattended while looking at the paintings.)

Me: “Ma’am, may I request that you keep an eye on your son? We wouldn’t want him to get in any trouble, would we?

Lady: “Yes, yes, I know.” *returns to paintings, disregarding child*

(I think nothing of it, as the child is only a few meters away from the mother. But, a few minutes later, as I am distracted with another customer asking about the auction, another customer starts shouting.)

Me: “Sir, can you…”

Male Customer: “Mister! That child is drawing on one of the paintings!”

(I immediately turn around in horror, to see the little boy scribbling on one of our prized pieces with a white-out pen.)

Me: “Ma’am! Please get your son under control! He is defacing the painting!”

Lady: “Whatever. Leave me alone. Can’t you see I’m trying to appreciate the art?”

(I walk over to the young boy, who can’t be older than five, and gently take his hand. Speaking soothing words, I lead him over to his mother.)

Me: “Ma’am, I would like you to keep your child under control.” *I let go of his hand and he clings onto his mother*

Lady: *gasp* “How DARE you touch my son! He didn’t do anything wrong! I’m going to call for security!”

Me: “Ma’am, I AM security. Your son was scribbling on this painting, and I stopped him.”

Lady: “Well, I never! I am never coming back here! The paintings are s***ty, the security is terrible, and I bet your artists are poor homeless f***s who splat paint on canvas for a penny an hour!”

Me: “…. Ma’am, the painting your son just defaced—”

Lady: *snorts* “Defaced?! These paintings are so bad, he probably made it better!”

Male Customer: “Miss! I have been quiet up until now, but you are being a right b**** to this guard!” *to me* “Show her the painting!”

(I lead her other to the painting. It happens to be a beautiful oil painting of the city, now with a white scribble across it.)

Me: “If you would just look at the plaque, this is a oil painting by [Respected Local Artist] that would have been auctioned at around $7500. Now, you will have to pay for it, since your son defaced it.”

Lady: *obviously recognising the name, turning deathly pale and sputtering in horror* “You should have told me to keep an eye on my child! This is NOT my fault! You hear me?! NOT MY FAULT!!”

(She gave us an answer soon enough. She grabbed her son’s arm and dashed away to the exit. Luckily, the guards outside caught her. She ended up paying $7500 for the painting, and was banned from the gallery. The kicker? She filed a complaint on our website for “not warning her of the danger of children in a gallery.”)

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Man at least with some of these stories I can see a spark of inspiration, like somebody's at work and thinks to themselves "wouldn't it be funny if" but I don't even think this person has once stepped foot in an art gallery.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

It reads like the world's shittiest theatre play.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Welcome to the Brisbane Gallery of Art Website.

Click here to lodge a formal complaint.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

No one involved in that "story" -- the writer, the characters, the editor, the owners of the art gallery, the innocent bystanders -- have ever been to Brisbane, let alone Australia, or could even identify Australia on a map. Nothing in that story makes sense for Brisbane. And now someone can quote this post in the schadenfroody thread because I'm getting riled up by poo poo that didn't happen.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Weatherman posted:

No one involved in that "story" -- the writer, the characters, the editor, the owners of the art gallery, the innocent bystanders -- have ever been to Brisbane, let alone Australia, or could even identify Australia on a map. Nothing in that story makes sense for Brisbane. And now someone can quote this post in the schadenfroody thread because I'm getting riled up by poo poo that didn't happen.

Brisbane doesn't have respected local artists, they don't have respected local anythings. It's Brisbane, the place is loving lame.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Now now, don't get to excited, let me say some soothing words to you!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Catnipped posted:

The comments:

From my experience forums like this are usually filled with attention-seeking manchildren. This whole "supportive" atmosphere is really just them projecting their own need to be noticed and accepted. I have a friend who spends almost all day on LOTR forums and does the same thing. it's one giant circle jerk for the regulars. Said friend is a complete child who is "triggered" by work, cleaning, and cooking, so she doesn't do any of those.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What a dumb bitch.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants

Testekill posted:

Brisbane doesn't have respected local artists, they don't have respected local anythings. It's Brisbane, the place is loving lame.

It's better than the rest of queensland. I guess?

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Khazar-khum posted:

We wouldn’t want him to get in any trouble, would we?

This sounds like a threat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Solice Kirsk posted:

My roommate almost hit a 20 something year old guy with his car when he was parallel parking the other day. Dude walked right in between our car and the one we were slowly backing up to. My roommate honked and the kid flicked us off. I got out, grabbed the phone he was texting on, and threw it into the park. He called me mean names as I walked away.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Solice Kirsk posted:

My roommate almost hit a 20 something year old guy with his car when he was parallel parking the other day. Dude walked right in between our car and the one we were slowly backing up to. My roommate honked and the kid flicked us off. I got out, grabbed the phone he was texting on, and threw it into the park. He called me mean names as I walked away.

gently caress you I was coming to post that.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Even if it's not made up it just makes him look like a 14 year old

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Dude look at it. Its made up

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
How did the AUG thread get gassed but this one is still going strong after the previous 900 pages of "ZOMG Albert Einstein Lol guys"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Na'at posted:

How did the AUG thread get gassed but this one is still going strong after the previous 900 pages of "ZOMG Albert Einstein Lol guys"

The mod was... Albert Einstein.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

flosofl posted:

*stands up and claps*

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

flosofl posted:

Rickycat posted:

*stands up and claps*

I think you two are married now.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Rickycat posted:

*stands up and claps*

Liberal ACLU! HAHAHAHA Get it :roflolmao:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Na'at posted:

I am flogging this dead horse ironically. Idiot.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Na'at posted:

Sir, please calm down. I understand your concern, but unfortunately we at the [thread] can not help you at the moment. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have Bohemian Rhapsody to sing.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

homosexuality is a sin
what else the bible defines as a sin? Divorce.
wife should be stoned.
I definitely didn't attempt to throw rocks
inhumane and cruel
support equality with a smile
THAT is the true Christian way.

Got it, stone the wife and smile.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Na'at posted:

this thread wasn't stealth photoing people to make fun of them

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

https://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromRetail/comments/3pke2q/spoiled_brat_and_the_awesome_dad/ posted:

MediumSpoiled Brat and the Awesome Dad (self.TalesFromRetail)
submitted 1 day ago * by DPNovitzky

Greetings, TFR! It's DPNovitzky, back again with another rousing tale from the auto sales part of retail. So park your butts on the floor, chair, heck, stand there if you want! It's story time!

Dramatis Personae
Awesome Dad........................................................Robert Downey, Jr.
Spoiled Brat...........................................................Julia Childs
Me........................................................................John Cho

We now join our hero as he attempts to beat his head into the desk sell SB a vehicle...

Me (Standing next to a used 2012 BMW 328xi Coupe): As you can see, this is going to be the best fit for your budget and needs, not to mention some of the high end features you were looking for.

SB: I don't want a used car, I ONLY get new cars.

Dad (Giving me an exasperated look): Sweetie, I don't know WHAT your mom told you, but I am not buying you a new car. Besides, you don't get ANY cars. This is your FIRST ONE.

SB (Whining): But SUSAN got a brand new Mercedes for her graduation!

I stared at her, mentally banging my head against the glass of the BMW. I imagined it shattering and killing me in the process.

Me: Yes, but your dad told me that he has a certain budget to work with. This is a very nice car, with less than 20,000 miles on it. It runs and drives like new. (Turning to dad) Wow, that sounded cliche. I apologize!

Dad (Laughing): Sure was, but I think that I'll take it despite your cliche outburst!

We headed inside while SB tapped away angrily on her phone.

<Insert boring negotiation montage here>

Dad: Well, I think that does it, I think we have a deal. Thank y---

SB(Annoyed): Are you <ducking> serious? Dad I am not driving some used car. Even Miranda, the poor girl got a new Toyota.

Dad(Angrily): I am not buying a new car. Maybe you can ask your mom to do that. Oh wait, she would rather spend her money on a vacation to Italy and NOT take her daughter!

SB launches into a tirade of cursing, screaming and generally throwing a tantrum. Dad stands up calmly, shakes my hand and apologizes.

Dad: Well, /u/dpnovitzky. It looks like my daughter has a lot to learn about appreciating free things. Maybe her friends will let her ride in their new cars, cause she will be taking the bus. And she'll need to get a job now to pay for that.

SB(Eyes wide): I'm sorry daddy, I want the car now....

Dad: Too late, SB. You just dug yourself into a hole. Better ask your mom in two weeks when she gets back from Italy.

SB proceeded to run outside crying, while her dad shook my hand. Oddly, I felt something crinkle into my palm and I looked down to find that he shoved a hundred dollar bill in there.

Dad: That's for wasting your time and costing you money. But that spoiled girl isn't getting a car from me. Let her stepfather get her one.

Me: Thanks. I definitely appreciate it. And best of luck.

He walked out and got into his car, then they both took off again. Not two weeks later the spoiled brat came back, and was driving a broken down old Honda. Turns out that that is the car her new dad got her, paid a whopping $500 for it and it needed service.

She didn't even look at me as she walked in.

Score: Awesome Dad - 1,000,000 points | SB - One hefty repair bill.

Edit: it was indeed a 328xi coupe. I sell new Mazdas, so BMW naming conventions are beyond me.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

quote:

Me: Yes, but your dad told me that he has a certain budget to work with. This is a very nice car, with less than 20,000 miles on it. It runs and drives like new. (Turning to dad) Wow, that sounded cliche. I apologize!

Dad (Laughing): Sure was, but I think that I'll take it despite your cliche outburst!

This is the best part.

I wonder if STDH writers know that all these lovely stories probably didn't happen, or if they believe that they're all true and have to embellish their own stories to fit in.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Candy

quote:

Won’t Be Tricked Out Of His Treat
HOME IMPROVEMENT, RETAIL | CHICAGO, IL, USA | AWESOME WORKERS, FOOD & DRINK, HOLIDAYS, THEME OF THE MONTH
(I am shopping with my parents at a home improvement store during the Halloween season. There is a skeleton on display that has candy on it.)

Dad: *reaches for candy*

Mom: “Don’t take that! It’s for display!”

Dad: “It looks like samples to me.”

(We head to the cash registers to make a purchase. A woman who appears to be the manager is with the cashier.)

Dad: “Just curious, is the candy on the Halloween display free?”

Manager: “I would expect…”

Dad: *to Mom* “Ha! I told you!”

Mom: “You gonna go back and get some?”

Dad: “Nah.”

Manager: “I’ll go get you some.”

(The manager actually goes and gets us some candy.)

Dad: “Thank you!”

• Locked thread