Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

iSurrender posted:

While this is true, it's also really dumb. TV matched perpetual leaguescapes gives the best matchups (and hence the best matches in general).
BB is worse at what it was supposedly designed for.
Yes, I agree, matched TVs are for the best, but that's not what I was railing against. What I was saying that the rules of BB prevent you from being able to curate your TV like the post I replied to intended. The ideal was that you would continue growing your stars until they died. It would be probably better if you could bench your players instead of having them bloat your TV (and maybe allow you to use a single team to play a different range of TVs based on who you decide to play) but that's never gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

MRLOLAST posted:

Has the leaping krox and tree been posted?
https://youtu.be/Y4qHogPe_AI

That tree is so happy to score :3:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MRLOLAST posted:

Has the leaping krox and tree been posted?
https://youtu.be/Y4qHogPe_AI

It's... beautiful.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Evernoob posted:

I could turn one blocker (who do have STR access) into a killer, with Wrestle/Tackle/MB/PO but then I would also like Jump-Up on him first.

If you do this you need to take block and omit tackle.

Washout fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 19, 2015

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
What happens if every one of your players is knocked out/injured and you are left with no one on the pitch? I kinda assumed this would not happen but one game this weekend saw my wood elves so beat up that I had only my treeman left on the field at one point... I still managed to win the game 2-1... which was hilarious.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
In that case the ref lets the clock run for 2 turns and gives the opposition a point. Then you get to roll KO wake ups again.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Coolguye posted:

In that case the ref lets the clock run for 2 turns and gives the opposition a point. Then you get to roll KO wake ups again.

If memory serves cyanide was too lazy to implement this in CE, dunno about fumbbl or bb2 though.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

iSurrender posted:

While this is true, it's also really dumb. TV matched perpetual leaguescapes gives the best matchups (and hence the best matches in general).
BB is worse at what it was supposedly designed for.

Yes so balanced, hf running into this in your second match after you bought your apo:

pestigor block, claw mb po and tackle 180
pestigor block, claw,mb po and tackle 180
pestigor block, sh, leader 150
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rr 1 70

or 11 amazons with blodge and 4 guard vs your fresh team.

its balanced for a medium lenght league say 14 to 30 matches in that span even haflings and to some extent gobbos can play.

FoolyCharged posted:

If memory serves cyanide was too lazy to implement this in CE, dunno about fumbbl or bb2 though.

no it was in, i won 3-2 over a skaven team once by scoring to 2-2 on my turn 16 and he failed his one ko roll and didnt have any players to put on the pitch and i got a free td and the match ended.

ZigZag fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 19, 2015

1K Dollar Chair
Nov 20, 2014
is blood bowl 2 ever going to be a finished thing with such basic anemities as a grid and player names or am I just going to regret pre-ordering forever because :cyanide:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

ZigZag posted:

Yes so balanced, hf running into this in your second match after you bought your apo:

pestigor block, claw,mb po and tackle 180
pestigor block, sh, leader 150
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rotter 40
rr 1 70

or 11 amazons with blodge and 4 guard vs your fresh team.

its balanced for a medium lenght league say 14 to 30 matches in that span even haflings and to some extent gobbos can play.

The easy solution is that you just cordpull anybody who is clearly low TV minmax trimming like that, they will never find a match and we will see another victory for the free market.

Also what sociopath finds joy in cherrypicking literal fresh teams for wins?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

GNU Order posted:

The easy solution is that you just cordpull anybody who is clearly low TV minmax trimming like that, they will never find a match and we will see another victory for the free market.

The same kind of person who makes Claw POMB teams and ignores the ball? Meaning...literally 95% of members of the lovely pubbie community?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Haroshia posted:

The same kind of person who makes Claw POMB teams and ignores the ball? Meaning...literally 95% of members of the lovely pubbie community?

actually most of the pubbie community seems to enjoy trying to throw the ball with agi 1 players and then pushing your ball carrier into scoring position with a block. I have encountered a whopping one murder team in all of my cyanide blood bowl experiences

e: oh yeah, they also seem to love putting their whole team on the line when they kick off too. I've seen a surprisingly high amount of what should have been a quick learning experience there.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

GNU Order posted:

the same people who will call you a human being and whine about dice while spamming the menu button the entire time.. But you dont even have to take it to the level of the nurgle or amazons, a 1300 tv team with 50 matches behind them is gonna murder a 1300 tv team with 12 matches behind them.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

ZigZag posted:

the same people who will call you a human being and whine about dice while spamming the menu button the entire time.. But you dont even have to take it to the level of the nurgle or amazons, a 1300 tv team with 50 matches behind them is gonna murder a 1300 tv team with 12 matches behind them.

unless the 1300 with 50 matches gets it's highly skilled player(s?) "unfortunately" fouled into tiny pieces. Or all the useless journeymen such a team would have fall apart...

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

unless the 1300 with 50 matches gets it's highly skilled player(s?) "unfortunately" fouled into tiny pieces. Or all the useless journeymen such a team would have fall apart...

if youre farming teams losing players means very little

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

1K Dollar Chair posted:

is blood bowl 2 ever going to be a finished thing with such basic anemities as a grid and player names or am I just going to regret pre-ordering forever because :cyanide:

I agree name tags would be good. But anyone complaining about the grid in BB2 is probably the same kind of person that ends up with cookie blobs because they can't eyeball 2" apart. Aka genetic refuse.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

FoolyCharged posted:

Fouling is more likely to make you lose a player and you need a bench to do it, so what would you rather face 2 zombies on the bench at 80 tv or those 80 tv on a pomb wight? its a easy choice. I dont get the part about useless journemen? two linedudes with a lvl is another blodge or pomb player on the other side so..

obv. if you are min/maxing you care about winning more than anything so losing players is a non issue, if i'm on a 30 game winning streak with a team i would happily pile on just to draw a gangfoul in order to get space to advance my cage.

The real problem is not with people being assholes but that certain teams are at a huge disadvantage at high tv, so you face the choice of retiring the team, losing or cutting weight to get below the claw spam.

This will with time push a lot of teams to do the same or get wrecked by theese teams. just be happy that chaos pact is not in cyanide bb.

ZigZag fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 19, 2015

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

GNU Order posted:

poo poo-talk BB2 in IRC to find the answer to this question.

The Answer is Furril

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Victor Vermis posted:

poo poo-talk BB2 in IRC to find the answer to this question.

The Answer is Furril

On top of that he multiboxed it so he admined his own league with his own teams so he could insta farm his teams.

Don't know how many noob dwarf players was fooled by his "spinning new hafling team in auld" but I hope it was a lot.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

FoolyCharged posted:

actually most of the pubbie community seems to enjoy trying to throw the ball with agi 1 players

I threw a long bomb with a saurus once to a skink as a desperation move on the last turn and he managed it, so I stand by this strategy.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Best strategy is to roll 6's. Krox leap long bomb dodge all day.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Further fishing for bret development advice...

I'm 2-0 in a 9 game season, and I play Skaven next week. My +str blitzer has rolled a normal, and another blitzer rolled double 5s as his first skill-up.

I have an apo and 110,000, but only 2 rerolls, one -av blocker, and a dead peasant.

I kind of want both a sure hands and a Tackler against skaven next week. But I also really want a Leader with just 2 rerolls, and I don't know that I can pass up +MA on a Blitzer. I also don't know if I can pass up guard on a blitzer?

Money-wise, I'm tempted to go up to 12 guys with two peasants, but maybe it's better to save for the reroll. One of the peasants would just be replacing a loner, which isn't a high priority.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Sure Hands on the +Str blitzer, taking the +MA, and buying two peasants. But there are enough ways that that seems potentially dumb to me that I thought it might be interesting.

Stagger_Lee fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 19, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ignore the peasants, they're chaff anyway.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
if you're going to game plan against skaven next week, your normal rolls blitzer needs tackle. Make him murder gutter runners. The doubles roll needs to be guard. Bret Blitzers have a weakness there needing doubles for agi or str rolls, so take the guard while you can. Or if you really want a full time blitzer ball runner you take dodge with those doubles and take sure hands as its next skill. In any case, wasting doubles on a bret blitzer to not get a agi or str skill pick is a big mistake in my opinion.

a 12 man roster is a good idea, peasants are cheap and useful for tying up bigger things until hey get hurt. Or fouling with until they get sent off. three reolls is also a good plan, but your money situation may vary so picking either or is tough.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Haroshia posted:

Why not be a Skaven and have Claw MB AND scoring at the same time B). I really missed playing bb, hope they don't take too much time adding the other races. I bought the game 3 days ago and I'm 12-1-2 already heh.

Ps: the guy asking advice vs skaven. Yeah, get tackleŠ.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

ZigZag posted:

The real problem is not with people being assholes but that certain teams are at a huge disadvantage at high tv, so you face the choice of retiring the team, losing or cutting weight to get below the claw spam.

1300 isn't avoiding clawpomb. It's I ran into claw pomb and now half my team is dead.
Like maybe I'm missing something here, but I haven't seen these sperg teams that are stupidly tv minmaxed that y'all are getting matched up with all the time.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

1300 isn't avoiding clawpomb. It's I ran into claw pomb and now half my team is dead.

My 15something humans just ran into its second clawpomb team and my is now at 1050, so this.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

My 1700 TV chaos team doesn't have any claw at all. Everyone has block, lots of guard, a couple with mighty blow, and one beastman with block, mighty blow, jump up, and piling on.

Every time I run into a team that went claw first I just annihilate them. They can't get good blocks anywhere because they are missing guard, and they usually have made other extremely questionable skilling decisions.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Like maybe I'm missing something here, but I haven't seen these sperg teams that are stupidly tv minmaxed that y'all are getting matched up with all the time.

I'm 12-1-2 on the pub league and the only min-maxed TV team is MY skaven team.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Protip: play AV7 teams and laugh at claw players as a waste of TV.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ZigZag posted:

This will with time push a lot of teams to do the same or get wrecked by theese teams. just be happy that chaos pact is not in cyanide bb.

The reality of the game is that the only teams that work at 2500+ tv are high armor with lots of bash. And since they have not introduced Khemri and Nurgle to counter Chaos yet it's pretty much either chaos or lizards for high TV teams in BB2.

Bash teams in general bitch about people playing at lower TV because then they have less people to beat up, if you want to play and have a bunch of fun and avoid the mbpo spam then just stay at 1500tv or lower and culture your team, you can easily have 4 all stars and a bunch of other dudes with one skill at that TV. Getting all your chaos team to 4 skills immediately puts them over 2000tv so the killspam only works on a few other teams and you will hardly ever see them.

When I used to play alot against goons I would only play bash on bash or agi on agi, because really why would you want to get decimated by a 2500+ block/mb/claw/po/tackle or frenzy team when you are playing elves or skaven? but even playing a killer chaos team against equivalent orcs or lizards, you are a heavy favorite.

FoolyCharged posted:

You won't see a lot of them until all the teams get in the game and they fix all the bugs and make it better than fumbble. In other words never.

spacegoat posted:

My 15something humans just ran into its second clawpomb team and my is now at 1050, so this.

It costs you nothing to instantly alt-f4 these dudes while saying "eat poo poo", so they get to level up a lot? Have fun with your poo poo claw team that no one wants to play against. Yes I'm being a hypocrite, quitting out of the match is acceptable if you are a 2500tv vampire team against bash. why would I want to waste an hour to watch you kill my guys while I beat you at the actual game?

Washout fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 20, 2015

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I understand blocking, caging, tackle zones, but I am still so clueless when it comes to making plays that place my team in a favorable position to score. I have no idea how to move a cage forward.

EDIT: Rolled double 4's on a Orc Blitzer he only has block, do I go for dodge?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Dodge would be the standard choice, yes. Hard to go wrong with it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah pretty hard to second guess a blodge orc unless you have something special in mind

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Praise Nuffle!

One of my Breton Blitzers rolled an 11, so now my 3 Blitzers are

Blitzer 1 : BCD - Dodge - Tackle - STR : In offence I usuallyPut him on the side of the LoS and start punching stuff turn 1. Performs most of the blitzes afterwards. (TV190)
Blitzer 2 : BCD - Movement - Tackle - ??? : Usually Turn 1 I blitz in the outfield and try to get within running distance of the enemy endzone, supported by 2 peasants (TV180)
Blitzer 3 : BCD - Leader - Sure Hands - AGI : Picks up the ball and moves to the other side of where Blitzer 2 went as a diversion. If it works out he crosses over and passes the ball to Blitzer 2 who tries to score. (TV180)

3 Blockers all have Guard + Tackle, one has strip Ball on top of that. (My 4th blocker just got a -Str injury so I had to let him go) (2xTV110+1xTV130)
7 Peasants of which 2 have Dirty Player. For some reason my Kicker died twice already. I don't mind all that much though. (5xTV40+2xTV60)

So now the question is: which General/Passing skill would you give Blitzer 2 to finish this team, as he is about to level. My current thoughts are either Frenzy or Pro. On a double Dodge sounds solid. On a 10 +Movement sounds sick.

Current TV from players : TV1220
+1 Reroll +1Apo = TV1340 total.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Pro would be the pick if he already had frenzy, so I'd just take frenzy. You waited a really long time to take frenzy too, I usually take it as one of my first level ups, especially on blitzer types (orcs, humans, pro elves will even want frenzy on one). On the other hand there are not many teams that can take pro readily.

Washout fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 20, 2015

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

JackDarko posted:

I understand blocking, caging, tackle zones, but I am still so clueless when it comes to making plays that place my team in a favorable position to score. I have no idea how to move a cage forward.

Do you have trouble moving it against elfs or bash?

Do you screen your cage? This is key!

Do you have a killer?

Have you ditched the thrower yet? Huge difference between moving a ma6 in scoring range compared to ma5.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Washout posted:

Pro would be the pick if he already had frenzy, so I'd just take frenzy. You waited a really long time to take frenzy too, I usually take it as one of my first level ups, especially on blitzer types (orcs, humans, pro elves will even want frenzy on one). On the other hand there are not many teams that can take pro readily.

I kind of had to wait that long.
My first Blitzer that leveled got a double, so that went to Dodge.
My blockers all needed to take Guard first, so I really a needed someone to take tackle. That's what my 2nd Blitzer took first. 3rd Blitzer took Leader.
Now that my Leader+Sure Hands Blitzer rolled +AGI i feel half bad for taking Sure Hands on him, but I guess it's not really a waste as I will only have 2 rerolls / half anyway. If I roll a double on him next, Dodge is a no-brainer. Otherwise either Pro or Accurate, maybe dump/off but I'll be missing NoS.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Evernoob posted:

I kind of had to wait that long.
My first Blitzer that leveled got a double, so that went to Dodge.
My blockers all needed to take Guard first, so I really a needed someone to take tackle. That's what my 2nd Blitzer took first. 3rd Blitzer took Leader.
Now that my Leader+Sure Hands Blitzer rolled +AGI i feel half bad for taking Sure Hands on him, but I guess it's not really a waste as I will only have 2 rerolls / half anyway. If I roll a double on him next, Dodge is a no-brainer. Otherwise either Pro or Accurate, maybe dump/off but I'll be missing NoS.

Well as bretts you are forced into playing a positional game more than an overpowering or agility one, and having one frenzy blitzer in the area on a push really forces the other player to rethink a lot of his plays. I would not really want it on a wrestler since you need them in place for guard rather than blitzing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Evernoob posted:

Sure hands rule, not wasting rr on trying to pick up the ball in tz after knocking it loose us great and don't forget that picking the ball up with ag4 and no sh is the same chance as a gfi.

Pro is great for your main blitzer but you can't count on it for critical rolls which every roll you make with your ball dude is.
You are out of good skills unless you roll a double..
I would take tackle on him. It helps a lot when he has to blitz through a blodge sidestepper to score and you can use him on defense since they can just mark him like they can with the rest of your tackle dudes.

• Locked thread