Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow, I can't begin to explain exactly how little I care

it's real lame how 90% of discussion I've seen on the game is about the presence or absence of some silly unlockable costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That's because 90% of the people discussing the game haven't played it or seen it and probably won't ever touch it but they don't need to do any of those things to talk about Tecmo sleaze.

I've played it and I think it's fun but I think the new camera makes things way too easy and it's kinda repetitive. I suspect it was a rushed development.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Fawf posted:

It's a travesty that none of the current consoles or handhelds have an original Bomberman game outside of backwards compatibility

I don't know how to tell you this, but Bomberman has been loving dead for a while now. Deader than Megaman.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I think it's interesting (?) to note just how...scantily these bikini actually are. Like they were designed so that when you're in the rainy areas and the costume gets wet you can actually see the fabric getting soaked and gross. It's like the one in the white is wearing a drat napkin.

Not seeing the problem. Those atleast seem to have physics and particle effects attached to them instead of umpteenth ez cashin DLC color change costumes.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Jarogue posted:

I want it but it $120+. Just going to have to put it on the list with Burning Rangers, Rule of Rose, and Gotcha Force.

Whaaaaat? That's crazy, I still have the used copy I got from a blockbuster all those years ago.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Sam Faust posted:

I don't know how to tell you this, but Bomberman has been loving dead for a while now. Deader than Megaman.

I know, Hudson Soft getting purchased by a company that's getting out of the games industry is the saddest part of the Konami stuff imo :(

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I'd rather play a game as someone cosplaying Zelda than as a Japanese schoolgirl in a bikini

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Uh, I think you mean Nin10do.

I think you both mean the Play Choice 10 :v:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spintzel posted:

I'd rather play a game as someone cosplaying Zelda than as a Japanese schoolgirl in a bikini

Why not play as Zelda in a bikini?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thoughts on Fragile Dreams?
And why is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn so $$$?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

1. It's an okay adventure game with a very bad combat system hastily tacked on
2. Limited print run from early in the Wii's existence + it's a highly desirable game, though if you can get a copy definitely do

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

People just want the console ver of Fire Emblem. Path of Radiance is the same deal.n Who knows, it might get released on the Wii U VC

Also of the Hour and a half I played Fragile Dream, I liked it. Need to go back and play it some more.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Please stop talking about bikinis and other M thanks

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

There's nothing wrong with Other M Bikinis.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LethalGeek posted:

Who was talking about Other M?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sakurazuka posted:

Who was talking about Other M?

Everybody for the next page and a half, now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

It sucks

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey, so the NES is 30. That is certainly a better topic. Remember that old thing? Heh! Some of you kids, you might not know about that thing! I sure played a lot of Bayou Billy back then! And Ikari Warriors.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Been playing Kirby's Adventure. What a POS.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fix posted:

Hey, so the NES is 30. That is certainly a better topic. Remember that old thing? Heh! Some of you kids, you might not know about that thing! I sure played a lot of Bayou Billy back then! And Ikari Warriors.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of fanfare. I guess Nintendo got celebrating out of its system with Mario Maker.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bayou Billy is such horseshit. gently caress Bayou Billy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Even Captain N couldn't beat that game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Scrub.

I've got this weird half-memory of the time that my mom took me to buy a bootleg Zelda cartridge out of the trunk of a car outside an indoor soccer arena. We lived just a few miles away from NoA and I seem to recall dumpster diving for defects being a part of it, but that was always part of the local Nintendo lore for 10 year olds, that you could score all kinds of games that were just badly labeled if you could get into those goldmine dumpsters outside of headquarters.

You know, because we figured they made the carts and boxes there.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

majormonotone posted:

1. It's an okay adventure game with a very bad combat system hastily tacked on
2. Limited print run from early in the Wii's existence + it's a highly desirable game, though if you can get a copy definitely do

I remember when they were giving away the Wii Fire Emblem game for 10 bucks at toysrus because nobody was buying stuff that was not wii sports.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Everyone afraid that Mario Maker would make future Mario games irrelevant looks a little silly now.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

Everyone afraid that Mario Maker would make future Mario games irrelevant looks a little silly now.

It did corner the market on self playing levels rather well.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So what are the coolest NES games on the Wii U/3DS shop to celebrate? I really like Earthbound, is zero worth picking up?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

So what are the coolest NES games on the Wii U/3DS shop to celebrate? I really like Earthbound, is zero worth picking up?

Not really. It still has some charm to it, but it's grindy as gently caress and Earthbound does literally anything that game does a million times better (except Polyanna)

Looking at the list, Gargoyle's Quest 2 is a pretty underrated classic, it's a NES game made by Capcom so that's a name you can trust (and subsequently get Demon's Crest). Ufouria is also worth checking out.

Despite what that guy above says Kirby's Adventure is not a POS and probably the best Kirby game so definitely get that if you haven't played it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Waltzing Along posted:

What the ever living gently caress

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
POS stands for Pleasant Overall Surprise

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Waltzing Along posted:

What the gently caress!! What the gently caress!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

don't get waltzed along

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

SNES Dreamland 3 is the best Kirby game MATE

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Fix posted:

I'm only barely over 30 myself. Never owned a NES. We started with the SNES.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Kirby's Adventure is cool but it runs like poo poo.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I've only played it on real NES and an emulator so I'm not sure if it's better on VC.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Eh the game hasn't really aged well. I think Kirby-style controls just don't work well on the NES.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kirby controls are fine for two-button controls, I mean the GBA remake was fine and I don't remember that game making excessive use of the shoulder buttons so it had basically the same controls as the NES original. My main problem with Kirby's Adventure is that flying is done by holding up on the D-Pad and you can't puff up with just the A button.

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012
Sorry if this was already asked. But I was wondering since they released the Gamecube adapter why aren't they releasing Gamecube games for the Wii U just like they did with the Wii games? Would love to have a digital copy of Mario Kart Double Dash and Sunshine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Saoshyant posted:

Fatal Frame V review:
* pretty atmospheric
* the U tablet controller was made for this game (and Pokemon Snap)
* tank controls, Jesus loving Christ, the tank controls

Pick if you like slow-paced, horror games with Japanese themes and can forgive the prehistoric controls. Otherwise, probably not.

How does a game with tank controls exist in the year 2015? Didn't we get this whole "twin stick control" thing sorted out like 15 years ago?

Fix posted:

I got Bayou Billy and Dragon Warrior for the same Christmas. One out of two ain't bad I guess.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 20, 2015

• Locked thread