Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
CNN Poll

Trump 27
Carson 22
Jeb!/Rubio 8
Huckabee/Paul 5
Christie/Cruz/Fiorina 4
Kasich 3
Santorum 2
Graham 1

Lindsey finally qualified for the kiddie table! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Is that showing that Trump has jumped 2 points since he said Jeb did 9/11?

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

J E B ! S Jeb!s Jeb!s Jeb!s

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Oli posted:

the comments are brutal..people seem to hate his wife even more

Like he's a hard target to attack, or something.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Apparently Trump reversed position and is now saying invading Afghanistan was the right move.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The next debate is going to have a question or two about the 9/11 comments and it's going to be incredible.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Apparently Trump reversed position and is now saying invading Afghanistan was the right move.

Most people agree with this.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

We've finally found a good use for Hillary Clinton!

"Best stress relief I've ever experienced in my life!" — Joe, Patriot Depot employee.

Made exclusively for Patriot Depot, our Hillary Squeeze Toy is the perfect way to vent your frustrations throughout the day. I keep one of these on my desk, so anytime I need a little stress relief, my friend Hillary is right there for me.

Give her a good squeeze or two, and before you know it you'll be feeling relaxed and ready to take on the next project. And when you need a few laughs to lighten up your day, you can have loads of fun twisting, squishing, and turning her head into even more monstrous expressions than she normally has.

I suggest getting a few so you can keep one on your desk for those Monday mornings, one in the car for the frustrations of rush hour, one for your dog to destroy, and one to give to a friend.

http://patriotdepot.com/hillary-squeeze-toy/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

He's not wrong.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Remember 8 years ago when it was a controversy that Palin used crosshairs in an ad to target vulnerable Dem seats?

http://gawker.com/5728545/shot-congresswoman-was-in-sarah-palins-crosshairs

And now Trump can retweet videos with Counterstrike headshots superimposed on Jeb! with multiple F-bombs.

Magical.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

And now Trump can retweet videos with Counterstrike headshots superimposed on Jeb! with multiple F-bombs.

Magical.

Being fair the only person Trump's campaign will inspire to pull the trigger is Jeb! himself.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I really hope there's a documentary crew following Jeb! I just want to see a live feed of the denial that campaign has to be running under and the crushing realization that America hates them.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

CNN Poll

Trump 27
Carson 22
Jeb!/Rubio 8
Huckabee/Paul 5
Christie/Cruz/Fiorina 4
Kasich 3
Santorum 2
Graham 1

Just lol at Rand Paul outpolling Cruz/Fiorina, how long before the Eye of Trump turns back to him?

e: also Fiorina was at 15 points in the last CNN poll, so she dropped 11(!) according to their pollsters. everyone knew her forced post-debate bump wasn't going to last but still, lol

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 20, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Patter Song posted:

CNN Poll

Trump 27
Carson 22
Jeb!/Rubio 8
Huckabee/Paul 5
Christie/Cruz/Fiorina 4
Kasich 3
Santorum 2
Graham 1

Trump +3, Carson +8, Fiorina - 11,

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Good, let's hope the satanic reincarnation of Thatcher's soul stays at the bottom.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

The new attack against Trump from the Jeb! campaign: Trump's lead isn't real since he's un-electable.

quote:

"It created a false zombie front-runner. He's dead politically, he'll never be president of the United States, ever. By definition I don't think you can be a front-runner if you're totally un-electable. I think there's there an a-priori logic problem in that," Murphy told Bloomberg's Sasha Issenberg....

...."Well, I knew it would be kind of hyper because that's the business now. But one thing in hindsight is we got this paper crown of front-runner early that we didn’t want and I don’t think realistically we should have had," Murphy said.

"Because what happens is when the punditocracy says, 'You're the front-runner,' then they take a bunch of meaningless polls and a Donald Trump or a Kardashian or whatever jumps in and they say, 'Now you're not the front-runner.' So they put you on trial for them being wrong at the beginning. I think we're getting a little bit of a bad rap on all that stuff but, you know, who cares? We're going to power through it."

Murphy also argued Bush would love a one-on-one race with Trump and framed Bush's "real competition" as the "weaker candidates in our lane." He cited Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida), New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R), and former New York Gov. George Pataki (R).

"There are people we have respect for, but there's Governor Christie, Senator Rubio, Governor Pataki, Governor Kasich — that's the vote we'd like to consolidate," Murphy said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-murphy-donald-trump-jeb-bush

All of this is going over really well with 50%+ of your party.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I genuinely wish Trump and Carson team up on the next debate and destroy everyone else.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yes lets all talk unelectability with the Bush brother who acts like he hasnt had over a decade to prepare a decent answer on Iraq. Or anything else.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

The new attack against Trump from the Jeb! campaign: Trump's lead isn't real since he's un-electable.

This actually makes me think Bush might be pulling something like a higher-level Jindal. Remember when Jindal was attacking Trump nonstop but getting very little attention for it? Different story for Bush. Think of it this way - Bush is spending almost all of his time attacking Trump, and thus keeping Trump's attention on him, since Trump seems to legitimately hate him (unlike Jindal who he doesn't give a poo poo about). Bush might actually be trying to get the media narrative to slowly become "Bush v. Trump" at the expense of Carson and especially the other establishment guys like Rubio.

Of course, that's probably giving him too much credit, and what's probably happening is that a bully is picking on a low-energy dweeb and the dweeb is getting frustrated at his own impotence over the situation. Even if it were true, I have no idea how effective a strategy it would be. I mean, he's an awful campaigner so far. But still, worth thinking about.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think a guy that flubbed the Iraq and 9/11 and Columbia questions so badly is capable of planning that far ahead.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Montasque posted:

So the argument is that their energized, capricious base hates every legit candidate, but they'll reluctantly settle for Jeb in the end.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Since when is .GOP a domain name? :eyepop:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gregoriev posted:

Since when is .GOP a domain name? :eyepop:

It was a thing some months back, SA even made a thread about the best domain names that you could register through it.

The best one was falsefla.gop

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I really hope there's a documentary crew following Jeb! I just want to see a live feed of the denial that campaign has to be running under and the crushing realization that America hates them.

I don't even know a thing about him. I found myself being impressed by an article with interviews of people who described Jeb talking about WW2, his father, NATO allies etc that seemed like he's full of energy and insight. People who hated W were saying this.

Jeb has said in the press repeatedly that once people heard his positions on issues, they'd get on board. Meanwhile Trump has given speeches every day in every state that is just him looking at a blank piece of paper and proclaiming IOWA? TRUMP. NEW HAMPSHIRE? TRUMP. SOUTH CAROLINA? TRUMP. for hours on end to thunderous applause.

Has Jeb even ever held a rally for anyone except his mom, increasingly distant wife, and his fav Sailor Moon toys in Jebs childhood room? His response to Ws eight year legacy being called a failure is to mumble into a webcam about fantasy football, with his prized ebay Katana and Batman cape on his hip just off frame like some full blown unmedicated autistic manchild? What the gently caress is he doing? Maybe he's on drugs like Rick Perry, or isn't on enough drugs. Jeb appears to be regressing emotionally and retreating into Asperger's coping mechanisms, like living in his mom's basement and talking about fantasy football. What's next, Jeb illuminated only by a PC monitor talking about competitive League of Legends?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Smoothrich posted:

What's next, Jeb illuminated only by a PC monitor talking about competitive League of Legends?

Esports is the next big thing, Jeb! is just ahead of the curve. The primary run is just a way to promote his hearthstone decks.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Smoothrich posted:

What's next, Jeb illuminated only by a PC monitor talking about competitive League of Legends?

Good enough segue into this:

quote:

“Donald is forced to defend himself on live TV,” the post reads. “Donald punches one nog who falls instantly to the ground. Donald punches another and she goes down. there are too many, the Donald can’t hold any longer. suddenly a voice loudly screams from the side of the stage. “I’M COMING BROTHER!!!” Hulk Hogan struts out to Real American blasting in the background. “Whatchu gonna do N-ggers, when Hulkmania runs wild on you!?”

It goes on like that for a little while longer before the post ends with “and that’s how Trump announces his VP.”....

4chan 4 Trump

quote:

“I didn’t support him at first but the memes were too dank to ignore. So yes I support him now,” user HonkHonkSkeeter said. He wished to remain anonymous, as many did many others. (The conversations mostly took place through direct message on Reddit.) “I thought that his perspicacious usage of contemporary cultural memetics is both humorous and effective at garnering support.”

Dank should be read in this context as “fantastic” or “great,” lathered affectionately—and usually ironically—by many users. But their endorsements ring genuine.

“He is the dankest of candidates,” said user cant_stump_da_trump, who requested that he be referred to as “chicka-chicka slim shady.”

“With the way politics have been in the last 20 or so years, the people like the refreshing honesty of Trump, he doesn’t really hide the things he does or apologize for stupid poo poo.”

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Josh Lyman posted:

When did Trump say Afghanistan was wrong?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

When did Trump say Afghanistan was wrong?

October 6 posted:

"At some point, are they going to be there for the next 200 years? At some point what's going on? It's going to be a long time," Trump said, when asked about Afghanistan. "We made a terrible mistake getting involved there in the first place. We had real brilliant thinkers that didn't know what the hell they were doing. And it's a mess. It's a mess. And at this point, you probably have to (stay) because that thing will collapse about two seconds after they leave. Just as I said that Iraq was going to collapse after we leave."

depends on how you interpret "getting involved there in the first place"

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

sullat posted:

Esports is the next big thing, Jeb! is just ahead of the curve. The primary run is just a way to promote his hearthstone decks.

China is killing us in DOTA. Trump would probably have MLG TRUMP winning tourneys with incredible plays the next day and host the next Valve International in Trump Tower just to invite everyone but Jeb.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

FAUXTON posted:

That stupid bastard made a deck full of red cards but only has swamps.

All blue burn deck.

Or a mill deck, since that seems really fun and exciting and original; but it isn't inherently very effective, and everyone had seen it a million times even back when there was only one card that let you mill people.

e: I'm glad Trump is bringing dank into the popular lexicon :420:

e2: a card for Jeb! http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=13806

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 20, 2015

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I think we've sunk two trillion dollars into Afghanistan at this point. It's a money pit that will become Taliban as soon as we leave like Iraq did with ISIS. So we can't ever leave, I guess

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Montasque posted:

hm the base of my party is a bunch of angry frightened white people i know what they need, they need to be told their support for a candidate that gives voice to their dumb idiot rage is actually imaginary, that way they'll defo vote for me

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Smoothrich posted:

China is killing us in DOTA. Trump would probably have MLG TRUMP winning tourneys with incredible plays the next day and host the next Valve International in Trump Tower just to invite everyone but Jeb.

The yoogest league of legends you've ever seen.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Uh-oh, guys, Jindal is threatening to boycott the next kiddie-table debate if they don't let him sit with the adults :ohdear:

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nice way to drop out of the race with the least amount of class possible

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Remember 8 years ago when it was a controversy that Palin used crosshairs in an ad to target vulnerable Dem seats?

http://gawker.com/5728545/shot-congresswoman-was-in-sarah-palins-crosshairs

Magical.

As a millennial who attaches importance to such values as irony and memes, Trump really speaks to me.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Smoothrich posted:

actually america won ti and the western teams have been on top this year

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DOTA is trash and Americans shouldn't try to be the best at it, leave it to the beasts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

quote:

"The biggest disappointment is that the RNC and network have outsourced their power to Donald Trump, who believes in national health care and that George W. Bush is responsible for 9/11," Jindal campaign spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said.

Trump - The Voice of Reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

blue squares posted:

Most people agree with this.

gradenko_2000 posted:

He's not wrong.
Yeah, Afghanistan was always "the good war", because there was originally a reason for us to be there (the irony that Bin Laden ended up being taken out in Pakistan notwithstanding, of course).

Xenophon posted:

depends on how you interpret "getting involved there in the first place"
Trump's also right that Afghanistan's gonna collapse like hell two seconds after we leave; there's no real way to attack Trump on Afghanistan, because loving nobody knows what to do about Afghanistan, there's only bad and worse options.

• Locked thread