Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Edited, but posting in a new as well, since it's interesting.

Also, when you log in, ALL your companions gear is dumped into your inventory, with whatever that won't fit sent by mail. So prepare to get dumped on... Can't see a sorting option in legacy storage, but I did get about a third of my crafting material bays freed up.

Crafting the blue level 64 tank implant requires 12 of the new components, that you have to craft.

Influence is maxing out at 250k, with 50 ranks. Maxed companions with 10k affection starts with 10k influence and rank 10, giving +500 presence when summoned, +15% time efficiency for crew skill tasks and +5% critical rate for crew skill tasks. Rank 1 is 50, 1.5% and 0.5% respectively, rank 9 450/13.5%/4.5% , so it seems linear.

Your added up stats, including power, defense and such, is showed where old stats were. Don't have to add up anymore.

Got to go now, looking forward to this later!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

All my companions have removed their pants. This is mutiny!

Also, companion affection now has 50 ranks. Having 10000 influence with them already, I see them as only rank 10!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hmm something is off with my initial calculations, only have 840 of the Exotic Isotopes, based on my math it should have been 920. Oh well. :(

Enriched Durasteel changed to Obsolete Crafting Materials.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

As a returning player who never bought either expansion, is now a good time to jump in or should I wait until the 27th? I have a couple of level 50 characters but I was also thinking about starting a new one.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
If you're gonna start a new one, coming back now is fine as you'll have a week to get to 50 and the expansion material. If you wanna level your 50 higher, you might just wait a week and get the expansions for free as a sub rather than having to buy them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Walrus Pete posted:

As a returning player who never bought either expansion, is now a good time to jump in or should I wait until the 27th? I have a couple of level 50 characters but I was also thinking about starting a new one.

You can start now and get a head start to play your class (Clicking a referral link will net you 7 free days of subscription if you were a sub before), but don't buy the expansions - they become free on Tuesday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh nice, free Major XP Boost on each character.

Hahaha and Treek has almost 70k HP.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Oh, hey. New hypercrate on the cartel market.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Chickenwalker posted:

Don't be a fool, stay in school.

And remember: crack is whack.

I finished everything I needed anyways. As I said we're allowed to leave if everything is done

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Per this thread on the SWTOR forums, the xp changes are implemented: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=842277

So no week of super slow leveling for any new players like me.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

Man, that new character select screen :allears:

Why are you not posting pics? :colbert:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Walrus Pete posted:

Start now, because there are changes that you'll want to spend some time getting used to.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So wait, ship droid can't craft now?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

So wait, ship droid can't craft now?

Nope. He is truly useless now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

I'm confused. He's not there for some of my toons, but there for others. Bizarre.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Holy poo poo they finally fixed it so capes no longer clip through your mount.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Look, someone needs to be continuously repainting my quarters. If I don't get high off the fumes whenever I step onto my ship my day is ruined.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
But what if my crew can no longer fit into their pretty dressup outfits because he's no longer around to adjust their diets? :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's on the Revan statue, Medullah?

Hulk Smash! posted:

:siren:Win a Togruta unlock contest results are in:siren:

I know everyone's freaking out about 4.0 launching and all but I'm clearing that one up.

We got about a dozen participants for this and a whole lot of cool outfits and screenshots showcased (which you can find compiled here: TNG Fashion Show)

Thanks to all who entered the contest.

Without further ado, the winner - which was randomly selected - is: Aphrodite!

Congratulations - expect your Togruta unlock token via in-game mail to Illyenna shortly.

Thanks all!

Cool! Thanks!

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.

Fuzz posted:

I can craft with my ship droid just fine :confused:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Weird, I opened the launcher but it's not patching at all. Starting the game just sends me to the sever select screen and doesn't connect.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

What's on the Revan statue, Medullah?

Cool! Thanks!

Looks like it's just the same as the basic gear vendor.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kinger posted:

I can craft with my ship droid just fine :confused:

I'm hoping I don't have to submit a bug. Half my characters have him, half don't.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So, now that the 12x co is gone... How long does it take to get to max level? Are there any other ways to speed it up?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How does the new hypercrate system work now?

Is it only old crates that are converted the Bronze/Silver/Gold thing or the new one too?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Zotix posted:

So, now that the 12x co is gone... How long does it take to get to max level? Are there any other ways to speed it up?

I'd imagine about the same, if you do the planetary quest in addition to your story quest.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I wonder what the planetary story -is- for DK, since there's not really one coherent chain through it.

Like it could be the Revanite compound thing so you have a background for that stuff before moving into the SoR at 55.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh snap, the Stronghold Defenders Lightsaber, which was buy at Esstran Exports rep vendor, was able to be unlocked in collections...for 1 cartel coin. :D Best saber!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Looking forward to a long day of dodging spoilers

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Medullah posted:

Oh snap, the Stronghold Defenders Lightsaber, which was buy at Esstran Exports rep vendor, was able to be unlocked in collections...for 1 cartel coin. :D Best saber!

That's awesome!

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Berke Negri posted:

Looking forward to a long day of dodging spoilers

ALT+1 is my key bind for "first defensive measure".

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
So how long until all of the KotFE romances are spoiled so I can make informed decisions when Early Access ends. :v:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Aphrodite posted:

How does the new hypercrate system work now?

Is it only old crates that are converted the Bronze/Silver/Gold thing or the new one too?

Dev posts indicate that each time a new crate is added, the mounts/armors/etc will be added to the table for the respective bronze/silver/gold packs forever, so the new crate's stuff should be available in the packs right now, and future direct-sale and pack items will be added to the pack roll tables when they're made available in the market.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Do you have any other rep items to check? That would be great.

parasyte posted:

Dev posts indicate that each time a new crate is added, the mounts/armors/etc will be added to the table for the respective bronze/silver/gold packs forever, so the new crate's stuff should be available in the packs right now, and future direct-sale and pack items will be added to the pack roll tables when they're made available in the market.

But the new hypercrate is the same as before? 24 packs, just with the adjusted drop rates?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

unseenlibrarian posted:

I wonder what the planetary story -is- for DK, since there's not really one coherent chain through it.

Like it could be the Revanite compound thing so you have a background for that stuff before moving into the SoR at 55.

Pretty sure it's going to be the same as Coruscant, just random quests you pick up in areas you visit thanks to the class story.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Okay my launcher is definitely not working, I've tried some common stuff and it's still refusing to download anything; won't let me connect to any of the servers. Anyone have an idea what's wrong?

e: weird now its rolling back and showing the last patch notes

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 20, 2015

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.
gently caress.

I missed the September 30th reward date by literally one day. So I get to wait until next week to play the new Fallen Empire content.

That'll teach me for buying the non-recurring subscriptions :argh:

Kinger fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 20, 2015

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Aphrodite posted:

Do you have any other rep items to check? That would be great.

But the new hypercrate is the same as before? 24 packs, just with the adjusted drop rates?

New hypercrates are now 30 packs, there's also a smaller 5 pack superpack. The new packs should have the indicated drop changes, one big item and one rank 5 blue or purple companion gift.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

parasyte posted:

New hypercrates are now 30 packs, there's also a smaller 5 pack superpack. The new packs should have the indicated drop changes, one big item and one rank 5 blue or purple companion gift.

That's alright, less inventory clutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
How many files are there for the patch? Right now i'm half way through the first 8GB file. Main Assets 214

I'm only getting 3MB/s :/

• Locked thread