Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Did you guys actually get keys emailed you to you yet or has that not happened? Because I haven't seen anything in my email.

Looking forward to seeing just how kMMO this game is, based on the pay-for-respecs and Tales of the Grind already, I'm guessing Extremely. The music alone has convinced me to at least give it a try though.

They start mailing keys tomorrow but they have to chew through 150k mails so...

Also they've boosted the xp quite heavily in this beta to allow people to get higher up during the one month of play, so at least this time around it wont be as kMMO as it was last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrimbus granger
Jul 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Can't wait to play this game. RO was one of the MMOs (along with city of heroes) that dominated my high school years. I'm gonna play a full support cleric because... I'm really boring.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Ro was also one of my first online games that I spent way too much time playing. I check in on new of this game occasionally. I didn't sign up for the beta because I don't have time. But it'll be cool to see what people come up with build wise. I'd check out a stream of this.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

quote:

Hello.

We are IMCGAMES TOS Team. First of all, we apologize that we are not able to send Beta Keys to everyone at the moment because of lack of Beta keys. Contrary to our expectations, a huge number of people registered for the 2nd CBT. So we're contacting Steam to receive more beta keys, but we haven't received an answer from Steam as of yet. When we receive more beta keys from Steam, we will distribute the 2nd batch of Beta keys to the rest of our participants. Please kindly understand our unexpected situation. The first batch of Keys will be distributed from now. You can also check your Beta Key from our website by clicking on [Check your Beta Key] button which will be displayed in a few days on the top right corner of our website after you log in. There may be some delays depending on the mail server’s processing capacity so we expect that it would take approximately 22 hours to complete sending out all the emails. We will put in our best efforts for our fans throughout the test period. - Github contributors, fansite managers, and media will be contacted separately via email. - Beta Test keys and accounts are non-transferable. You may not sell or exploit the Beta keys for commercial purposes. Your Beta key will be revoked immediately and you will be restricted from participating the beta test, including future tests, when found selling the key or using it for commercial purposes.

Thank you

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

I'll be a backstab thiefarcher for now, because I always play that, but I have a Zen-like acceptance nothing will ever be balanced and will probably end up with whatever as my main come launch. Even casters look like a fun lot to me and I never play those. I hope exp is high enough where I get to try out several classes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

:sludgepal:

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
It's not in my email. Where's the beta key. Who took my beta key. I'll find my beta key. :froggonk:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
a gif of the undertaker saying rest in peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DsKZFFikWw

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Zegreiart is the best goon, thanks Zegreiart. Gonna give my extra keys to goons when they come in.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This beta is going to be unplayable for the first 2 weeks, maybe throughout the entire thing.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This beta is going to be unplayable for the first 2 weeks, maybe throughout the entire thing.

Yeah, but that won't stop the :f5:. I wonder how many participants did they expect.

Relaxodon
Oct 2, 2010
They started sending the keys, I just got mine. Looking forward to being an anime again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
We are always an anime.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
So, I didn't find out about beta 2 until just now. If I was signed up for the last thing, will I get in this thing, or did I miss the boat?

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Dazh posted:

So, I didn't find out about beta 2 until just now. If I was signed up for the last thing, will I get in this thing, or did I miss the boat?

I THINK you can re-use your previous key or something, but you're definitely in... I think

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Dazh posted:

The later unless you got a key for the first beta.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
I never got a key for the last one. Oh well! I'll just uh... I'll just try and forget it exists for now.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

:rip:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I wonder if I'll be able to pre-load the game before the beta launch date. I hope they let us or else their servers will die from downloads the first day.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah, you can download the client as soon as you get your key

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It starts the install procedure immediately after verifying your key.

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

Revolver Bunker posted:

I wonder if I'll be able to pre-load the game before the beta launch date. I hope they let us or else their servers will die from downloads the first day.

Ya the key they give you activates on steam and you can download the client

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Just got my key! See you all in 6 days

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I don't think I'm getting a key, then. Oh well.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you clicked on the button on the site, you'll get one. There's still six days left, there's no rush

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

hubris.height posted:

I don't think I'm getting a key, then. Oh well.

They're in the process of getting Steam to generate more keys for them to give out. So hopefully they'll get enough to give out.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
noted quick response gaming platform, steam

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
It came late but got my key a few hours ago.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I got a nice error about the game not being able to create flash player, so heads up, you need it installed to play for some reason.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Got my invitation! gently caress yes!

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Yoshi!

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

rizzen posted:

I got a nice error about the game not being able to create flash player, so heads up, you need it installed to play for some reason.

The launcher uses flash, https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3pqavj/a_fix_for_those_with_error_47_failed_to_create/ this seems to work for people with that issue

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Haven't got an email yet myself, but with their new message about more keys from steam I now have the "check beta key" button, and that spit me out a code to plug in.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Sacro posted:

Zegreiart is the best goon, thanks Zegreiart. Gonna give my extra keys to goons when they come in.

Chea. You welcome, buddy. Gotta make sure everyone gets in.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Yeah, I just downloaded flashplayer and it fixed itself. I can now start the game and fail to connect because the servers aren't up yet. Bit sad I don't have an option menu to tinker with, but whatever.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

ToS Website posted:

Your Betakey is

Like ZypherIM said, log into the website if you haven't gotten an email yet. I hope the people handling the keys and website get bigger responsibilities, they've done a stand-out job.

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

Pyzza Rouge posted:

Like ZypherIM said, log into the website if you haven't gotten an email yet. I hope the people handling the keys and website get bigger responsibilities, they've done a stand-out job.

The whole beta has been handled great in my opinion. It's really neat that we're getting a beta that's synced with what's in Korea and that its on steam and also they're using github and allowing people to create translations super easy. IMC Games is pretty baller.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Got my key Ballin out of control

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
Nice, got my key from the website with no e-mail, can't wait to finish installing and wait at the login screen for 5 days

Laima sv0 54.88.25.242 New_York sv1 52.1.232.91 New_York
Zemyna sv0 52.2.37.158 New_York sv1 52.2.8.230 Los_Angele
Gabija sv0 52.20.66.199 Paris sv1 52.21.141.72 Paris

all servers are in USA

auzuguwu fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I vote for Zemnya