Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Chapter one is epic so far. Darth Marr continues to be the best character in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
If anybody has thrown money at a hypercrate yet, did you manage to snag an Akk Dog companion?. Legit curious how rare they are.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Kinger posted:

gently caress.

I missed the September 30th reward date by literally one day. So I get to wait until next week to play the new Fallen Empire content.

That'll teach me for buying the non-recurring subscriptions :argh:

I am wondering if ill come home to any surprises, I had to switch cards to renew my sub that just happened to be on one of the days because the old one expired. It was the same day, so I think that's fine, but who knows

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Does the character creation interface feel smoother, or is that me? I also feel like they changed the racial portraits there.

The one change I'm sure of is that after you choose the gender, the character will voice a few different lines every time you click on them. It's a nice addition, really useful to get a feel of the character's personality.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm kinda disappointed nobody is signing up for hard mode flashpoints. Been sitting in the queue for a while now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm kinda disappointed nobody is signing up for hard mode flashpoints. Been sitting in the queue for a while now.

people are probably still playing through the 9 hours of content that got released 3 hours ago

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

How many files are there for the patch? Right now i'm half way through the first 8GB file. Main Assets 214

I'm only getting 3MB/s :/

I started downloading about an hour and a half after the servers went down for maintenance. I just hit 97%.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
I'm having a hard time gauging the distance I should be moving in between HK-51 part scans. Those who've already done it, is the green circle guaranteed to be the 25m range the scanner is supposed to have?

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
It seems that quests that give the 6x experience are differentiated by a pink icon, in case anyone else was worried about how they would tell which questline was the "planetary" one.

EDIT: Also I can still craft with my robot butler, but for some reason the order my companions are displayed in the crew skills screen was reversed.

EDIT 2: Who exactly is supposed to get the speeder mount, and have they been sent yet?

Beeme fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 20, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Speeder mount: If you were a subscriber on the 19th (yesterday) you should qualify. They've been sent via email.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Beeme posted:

It seems that quests that give the 6x experience are differentiated by a pink icon, in case anyone else was worried about how they would tell which questline was the "planetary" one.

EDIT: Also I can still craft with my robot butler, but for some reason the order my companions are displayed in the crew skills screen was reversed.

EDIT 2: Who exactly is supposed to get the speeder mount, and have they been sent yet?

More importantly, can you filter the map by mission type?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

More importantly, can you filter the map by mission type?

You can make only story missions appear, yeah.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

If you put on Treeks gear in the outfit designer, that piece of gear is hidden. Meaning if you put a full Treek gear on, you run around in your underwear. Good way to hide pieces of armor you don't want showing, since leaving spots in the outfit designer empty shows whatever you have equipped for stats.

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Speeder mount: If you were a subscriber on the 19th (yesterday) you should qualify. They've been sent via email.

Note: if you don't have early access, you don't get anything until KOTFE officially launches next week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dunno-Lars posted:

If you put on Treeks gear in the outfit designer, that piece of gear is hidden. Meaning if you put a full Treek gear on, you run around in your underwear. Good way to hide pieces of armor you don't want showing, since leaving spots in the outfit designer empty shows whatever you have equipped for stats.

Way cheaper than Covert Energy stuff too.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm getting horrible, unplayable lag on Harbinger. I can't stay connected for more than two minutes. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Well, that's poo poo. I've only missed one day of rwards, and now I'm not eligible for early access. Oh well :(

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Kinger posted:

Note: if you don't have early access, you don't get anything until KOTFE officially launches next week.

Ok, yeah, that explains it. I only subscribed last week, I'll only be getting the speeder.

Edit: Oh man, companions no longer automatically unsheathe their weapons when you call them or dismount.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 20, 2015

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Aw, I was hoping SoR got unlocked for subscribers even if they missed the Early Access. :(

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Here are the items in the new pack. Some nice looking armor sets in there and the wall items that create an ambient sound look interesting.

Of course, what everyone really wants is that log regen mount.

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/20/swtor-underworld-alliance-pack-preview/

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
So the patch reset my HK51 quest chain and took all my parts, when I was only missing the Coruscant one because I couldn't be bothered to make a Republic alt yet. :negative:

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Estraysian posted:

So the patch reset my HK51 quest chain and took all my parts, when I was only missing the Coruscant one because I couldn't be bothered to make a Republic alt yet. :negative:

Submit a ticket, cause that is annoying.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

Here are the items in the new pack. Some nice looking armor sets in there and the wall items that create an ambient sound look interesting.

I really like the Renowned Duelist Armor Set -- it looks like a mix of Jedi and Smuggler.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

midge posted:

Since SWTOR fashion is a go here and I don't know enough, can anyone guide me on the parts needed to look like Niko? Or any of them really!

Hulk Smash! posted:

Haha! That jacket isn't a million miles away!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I'm getting horrible, unplayable lag on Harbinger. I can't stay connected for more than two minutes. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Looks like I won't be playing tonight after all, I can't even get to the character select screen anymore :(

Hopefully it's fixed in eight hours, tomorrow is the last day I'll have significant free time for a week.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Amusingly the game decided that none of my companions really needed their pants and mailed them all to me.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i really should just avoid the swtor subreddit because every post is like a spoiler

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

So far I've found 2 interesting .. oversights on running old content with my companions. Firstly, the "go out to the world and do poo poo" quests from them aren't getting level appropriate xp like the patch notes say, I haven't gone and done any low level quests to see if those kick over correctly. Also, my companion doesn't seem to be getting level synced or anything. So he is blowing some poo poo right up.

Also, had to retrain some skills, and you're going to need to find pants and weapons for your buddies.

ZypherIM fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 20, 2015

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

Beeme posted:

Something with this seems screwy, though. Screenshots taken from my lowbie Jedi Consular:

"Coruscant story" mission - the Gree droids.

Normal mission.

Exploration mission - only obtainable after clicking the checkbox on the map screen.

Note how they all grant the same amount of experience.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kinger posted:

Something with this seems screwy, though. Screenshots taken from my lowbie Jedi Consular:

Normal mission.

Exploration mission - only obtainable after clicking the checkbox on the map screen.

Report it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kinger posted:

Normal mission.

Make sure to check the amount of xp you get when you actually complete the missions, in case it doesn't match the pictures.

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

prefect posted:

Make sure to check the amount of xp you get when you actually complete the missions, in case it doesn't match the pictures.

I'll complete one right now - I got the listed amount of experience when I completed the first Jedi Consular story mission but didn't think to screenshot it.

Dexo posted:

Report it.

I did.

edit: more screenshots!

tl;dr I'm receiving exactly the amount of XP the quest log says. It doesn't appear to be boosted at all.

Kinger fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 20, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

I really like the Renowned Duelist Armor Set -- it looks like a mix of Jedi and Smuggler.

Wish it was a full length duster though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ZypherIM posted:

So far I've found 2 interesting .. oversights on running old content with my companions. Firstly, the "go out to the world and do poo poo" quests from them aren't getting level appropriate xp like the patch notes say, I haven't gone and done any low level quests to see if those kick over correctly. Also, my companion doesn't seem to be getting level synced or anything. So he is blowing some poo poo right up.

Also, had to retrain some skills, and you're going to need to find pants and weapons for your buddies.

The quests part isn't surprising. Those don't respect the level bracket of the planet they're on.

I assume when you pass through the green portal your level sync changes?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I really need all the new decorations... I've been requesting debris and battle damage and wrecked vehicles and droids and stuff since before strongholds even launched! I can get a flaming wrecked speeder AND a droid spraying water on it!

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Chose to create an instant lvl 60 smuggler and landed on the fleet with a level 1 and no further tokens.

:emo:

Also bought a new hypercrate and got 1 gold item and a lot of trash.

edit: and now I can't log in due some unspecific error. :ohdear:

the panacea fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 20, 2015

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
I was removed from guild after the recent purge. I will be messaging someone for an invite on a few of my toons. HilaryClinton, Miley-Cyrus, Miley-Psyrus, ChelsieClinton.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Corso can't use blaster pistols anymore? I though they were the scoundrel-type weapon of choice.

And Jorgan can't use blaster cannons anymore? Disappointing.

EDIT: Where the hell do you get Commendation Oranges now? I can't seem to find them and they seem to have been replaced with just Mod vendors.

Airspace fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 20, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Airspace posted:

Corso can't use blaster pistols anymore? I though they were the scoundrel-type weapon of choice.

And Jorgan can't use blaster cannons anymore? Disappointing.

So wait, that means he can't use Torchy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

So wait, that means he can't use Torchy?

I don't even see Torchy anymore, just some random green gun, which he can't use. Derp, I'm not far enough into the class story for Torchy yet.

Yeah, I tried to arm him with Flashy, that doesn't take.

...And Quinn doesn't seem to have his carbonite freeze either.

Airspace fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 20, 2015

• Locked thread