Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
surc
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks! Sorry to clutter up the thread with general steam stuff. :)

I was playing deathmatch with a 400+ ping for like 40 minutes yesterday because of it, it was not a lot of fun. Except when I had the glock and would pop around corners, then it was a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i made some poor decisions on CSGL today i think, pretty excited for VP vs TSM in a couple of hours :downs:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

schneider's out of Dig because of communication problems. Shocking.

There's rumors flying about -fox +schneider in G2 but I find that unlikely.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

schneider's out of Dig because of communication problems. Shocking.

There's rumors flying about -fox +schneider in G2 but I find that unlikely.

kind of a crazy change one week before Cluj, Dig has a pretty good chance of making it out of groups at least.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

kind of a crazy change one week before Cluj, Dig has a pretty good chance of making it out of groups at least.
It was foreseeable, but the timing was terrible. If Dig pick up Tenzki like everyone assumes, they still could have a decent shot at making it out with improved comms.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

surc posted:

Thanks! Sorry to clutter up the thread with general steam stuff. :)

I was playing deathmatch with a 400+ ping for like 40 minutes yesterday because of it, it was not a lot of fun. Except when I had the glock and would pop around corners, then it was a lot of fun.

The first thing I always check is the "Downloading" page, steam beta loves to redownload the same thing over and over and over. Especially workshop content for some reason.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Turk February posted:

I have almost everything set to default besides the DPI being at 900 each. Did you come from a different mouse?

Also my ModMic 4.0 came in and it's pretty god drat rad.

900s working out nicely thanks guy

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

a lot of really good match ups today, NiP vs Envy on Dust2 screams upset.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

psu officially died last night while playing with lou, turk, face, and manatee, wake me when the next operation kicks off

psu dead, so what

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
So is there any point to prestiging or w/e?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

conversation piece posted:

You need 2 less kills to call in the Nuclear Strike.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

ArfJason posted:

the point was that top fragging doesnt automatically mean you won, or that its certain that you made the decisive kills.

please don't respond seriously to my posts

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

conversation piece posted:

You get a badge or something to use where your operation/five year veteran coin goes on the scoreboard

Also yeah faster killstreaks but you have to unlock all the guns again

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

I want to snipe. But I don't want to AWP it until Match Point. Any ideas or should I just not get an SSG 08 and go straight for the AWP?

Also, what the fug is wrong with people recently. Half the players want Dust2 and it's like but we just played Dust2 god dammit

The biggest thing that helped me in my AWP game was learning where to stand and how to hold corners better. Then being able to fall back to the next spot to grab another pick. With the AWP it's easier to just go for the torso shot and call it good so it isn't that difficult to aim.
Basic tutorial on using awp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_aDQDtcd-8
More important I think is the holding corners/angles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8HZqF3cyk

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
NiP vs NV was great. Insane eco round plays by NiP. Wish CSGL bots weren't total trash :rip:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

canoshiz posted:

NiP vs NV was great. Insane eco round plays by NiP. Wish CSGL bots weren't total trash :rip:

i made some stupid bets today and won some stupid bets, in the end i got a lot of skins in returns for Cluj

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
A lot of 11-16 going on today.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

A lot of 11-16 going on today.

figures that VP wins against HR, they should have won on mirage in their first game after going 10-5 on CT.

edit: the deagle headshots since the hitbox patch have been insane, i love it.

Photex fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 20, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Photex posted:

figures that VP wins against HR, they should have won on mirage in their first game after going 10-5 on CT.

edit: the deagle headshots since the hitbox patch have been insane, i love it.

Titan ruined it by getting 12 wins.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Titan ruined it by getting 12 wins.

these games were all over the place, trying to just break even today will probably be under :negative:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
NBK more like No Buy Kit

Anders and Semmler were just making fun of Scream's terrible AWPing the other day and he did it again.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 20, 2015

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Anyone have that frag video that we had to send in clips for? Also does that dude still make em? I'm lookin to unload my vault of sick frag clips

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Slumpy posted:

Anyone have that frag video that we had to send in clips for? Also does that dude still make em? I'm lookin to unload my vault of sick frag clips

I got all of like 3 clips so it never really got off the ground.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can send you a bunch of clips of me getting the drop on someone, firing three shots into their backs, and having them spin around and headshot me because I'm terrible.

Or one of me getting the drop on two people, getting one down to like 15 health, and for some reason switching to another and getting him down to 15 health too.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I can send you clips of me getting into retarded 1v5 duels with an AWP and hitting 2 sick rear end flicks before dying and losing the round

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Make a lovely plays goonman vid instead imo

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I can send vids of me getting into fights with pubbies and getting called a human being :negative:

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I can send sick frags

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
How the gently caress does CEVO's efficacy rating work?

First pug I played on CEVO we got 16-1'd by a bunch of people with 20+ EFF so I placed stupidly low, then I played a pug just now and won 16-4 and my EFF went up by four points. And then the EFF shown mid-game just seems to be totally different.

Can someone please explain this weird poo poo to me? Okay so I figured out that the overall EFF is a simple average of your per-pug EFF, but I'm still totally confused as to what the EFF is calculated based on. Is it more or less just RWS?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Slumpy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT4JQtLeysE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTSYuonY0oA

your 4k is in the intro to the 2nd one

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
and also in the video too

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Comrades, while waitink for new mysterious frag movie that might never see light of day, I have requisitioned video film with 4 aces and some 4ks with real man's music to rouse worker's spirit and increase productivity

Поехали!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giTKpSSUtq0

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Kazinsal posted:

How the gently caress does CEVO's efficacy rating work?

First pug I played on CEVO we got 16-1'd by a bunch of people with 20+ EFF so I placed stupidly low, then I played a pug just now and won 16-4 and my EFF went up by four points. And then the EFF shown mid-game just seems to be totally different.

Can someone please explain this weird poo poo to me? Okay so I figured out that the overall EFF is a simple average of your per-pug EFF, but I'm still totally confused as to what the EFF is calculated based on. Is it more or less just RWS?

It's RWS except that you still get points for rounds your team loses.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
New stickers, they're hideous:

Also Fantasy Team Building, make your own CS:GO team with player sigs. Who will be the best entry fragger!?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

New stickers, they're hideous:

Also Fantasy Team Building, make your own CS:GO team with player sigs. Who will be the best entry fragger!?
Apex

Next question.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

I managed to get one before steam died :) What role should I place him in?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

I managed to get one before steam died :) What role should I place him in?
I'd say your best bet is Commando, though I don't know RPK's position on Titan. Support?

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
So, is it pretty much impossible to get out of guardians/novas with 4 pubbies? I have pretty much no friends to speak of even though I bought this game for 3 old friends, none of them talk to me anymore and I really am trying to get better at this game, but I got demoted from MG2 to GNM in a day, topfragging every game, because the pubbies I got matched with were downright -bad-. I was doing nothing wrong, and I have been consistently topfragging except for one or two games where I did more than break even and there was one other guy topfragging.

I realize this game isn't about kills, and I always lead every rush t side, always am the first to throw my face in the fight, always risk my life for teammates, always go for the objective, etc, and it's seriously obnoxious to play in this manner, still topfrag and get more kills and a better ratio than people trying to killwhore in guardians, and then still get demoted, sometimes consistently. My sensitivity IS way too high, but at the moment, I'm more concerned with how I can play completely competently minus sensitivity, always go for objective, never killwhore, still topfrag, etc, when I'll play with teammates who never or rarely go for the objective, never listen when told to eco (or only listen half the time), etc, etc, etc, and still get demoted. I got promoted to MG1 and MG2 on ties. It's this kind of bullshit that makes me want to stop playing. I've been playing since CS:S.

What can I do to make sure this never happens again? I didn't mind the demotion to MG1, but going back to novas is loving frustrating.

The irony here is that the lower you go, the worse your teammates are. Yes, I can probably carry every game, still lose 30%, and make it back to MG1 and MG2, but I am tired of relying on teammates, playing correctly, etc, when they just killwhore and never go for the objective, never coordinate any pushes or ecos correctly, etc. It feels like I'm in silver league.

nosl fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 21, 2015

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

dupreeh is easily the best clutch king right?

edit: also am i wrong in seeing it'll cost $5 to basically do the fantasy team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

dupreeh is easily the best clutch king right?
As of late, yes. I believe it was 40 of the past 43 1v1s he's clutched.

• Locked thread