Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Hm. I wonder if I could give a bud my account info and an unholy amount of gil to pick me up a house when they become available if I'm unable to.

4 million. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i got mine for 2 mill

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Belrouze posted:

Closer picture of face. Weapon included.

:respek: wootzbro

SpaceDrake posted:

That is pretty gloriously Dandy.

On that note, for Kitfox and anyone else interested, more of my silly dragongirl glamours.

winning the real endgame

seiferguy posted:

All the DRK glamours I see are people dressed really cute. It's a Dark Knight, it's supposed to be evil, drat it :colbert:

being cute is winning too, gently caress you :colbert:

Fister Roboto posted:

There's only one pair of pants that goes with the sandals:

what pants are those

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You may be able to get some steals, but be ready to buy lots at max price 45 days after 3.1 hits because they will probably not be available for long on most servers.

As for folks who take extended breaks, giving other players access rights to your private house is also coming in 3.1 so you should be able to appoint a house sitter while you are vacationing in Fallout 4 or whatever.

seiferguy posted:

All the DRK glamours I see are people dressed really cute. It's a Dark Knight, it's supposed to be evil, drat it :colbert:

Bunnygirl outfit + wedding boots. In black though so I guess it's slightly menacing.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 20, 2015

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So, they still haven't announced anything about actually adding new housing wards in 3.1, have they? Because it sounds kinda poo poo to be forced to camp outside old houses just in case they get demolished, trying to be faster than the fifteen other people who are also standing directly outside it like vultures with cat ears

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

seiferguy posted:

The whole point of the 50-60 questline is learning that Dark Knights are all about the exact opposite of that.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i got mine for 2 mill

What crazy backwater server are you on? Small starts at 5mil and the price decay is not very large.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

nuru posted:

What crazy backwater server are you on? Small starts at 5mil and the price decay is not very large.

It starts that high on a rich server like Excalibur or Sargatanas, yeah. A poor server like Belias or Jenova, they start at 2.5.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

kafziel posted:

The whole point of the 50-60 questline is learning that Dark Knights are all about the exact opposite of that.

Well the last mission gets a bit dark before it moves on to the happy ending.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

kafziel posted:

My loyalties are to Fray, not Sidurgu and that girl that looks like a doll :colbert:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

kafziel posted:

I thought literally the lvl 30 DRK quest cleared that up.

You're an edgy teenager's Original Character Do Not Steal who has a DARKSIDE but is really a hero and totally like batman the punisher and helps people by killing baddies.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

nuru posted:

It's basically just the Calvary set, I think? Just the upper body and arms maybe.

The link gives all the components :v: The chest and gloves are cav, everything else is from other sets, which is why I'm proud of finding such good matches across the board. That's probably the glamour I'm most proud of.

Holyshoot posted:

I'm stealing that white knight for my drk. Looks good.

Fair warning, with the default DRK stance the outfit as posted gets rather, ah... breezy. :v: If you're fine with that, then go for it, but it's something to be aware of. I'm a little tempted myself but I like my existing DRK glamour.

Carver posted:

Finding pants that match up with the various sandals is really fun.

More or less the savage mode of the true endgame, really

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Mymla posted:

I thought literally the lvl 30 DRK quest cleared that up.

You're an edgy teenager's Original Character Do Not Steal who has a DARKSIDE but is really a hero and totally like batman the punisher and helps people by killing baddies.

And then the remaining quests up to 50 flips that around and reveals you for what you truly are: A basically self-aware video game protagonist and your gain power by being generally annoyed at all the bullshit you have to do. Not angry, mind you -- savage fury is for Warriors; yours is just plain, "ughgh gently caress go away".

By the way, Spacedrake, your character looks like this total awkward nerd in everything and that's pretty great.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The link gives all the components :v: The chest and gloves are cav, everything else is from other sets, which is why I'm proud of finding such good matches across the board. That's probably the glamour I'm most proud of.

Fair warning, with the default DRK stance the outfit as posted gets rather, ah... breezy. :v: If you're fine with that, then go for it, but it's something to be aware of. I'm a little tempted myself but I like my existing DRK glamour.

More or less the savage mode of the true endgame, really

I have the muscle slider all the way up on my highlander so slut outfits will look hilarious on me.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

seiferguy posted:

My loyalties are to Fray, not Sidurgu and that girl that looks like a doll :colbert:

So you deny the true power of darkness comes from dance? Blasphemy!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

what pants are those

The artisan jorts culottes.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Fister Roboto posted:

The artisan jorts culottes.

POWER JORTS

(my favorite pants in the game because i am garbage)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Mazed posted:

By the way, Spacedrake, your character looks like this total awkward nerd in everything and that's pretty great.

If you think so, then I'm doing something right! Part of the gimmick ~in my head~ is that my WoL is supposed to be a kind of awkward nerd who got thrust into the whole world-saving hero business (which makes the DRK questline and the end of Vault all the more a kick in the pants) and for all she occasionally armors up and grabs a big sword, her inner dork never entirely goes away.

My old midlander sort of pulled it off but not really and my lalafell, while cool, never quite sold it either, so that's part of the reason I'm so satisfied with my dragonprincess - my character feels kind of thematically cohesive now.

Holyshoot posted:

I have the muscle slider all the way up on my highlander so slut outfits will look hilarious on me.

Fair enough, I just wanted to give ample warning ahead of time. :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bluecatte is goodcatte.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm vacillating between highlander and lalafell again and I've got two fantasias in my inventory, help :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lalafells don't have a muscle tone slider.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Lalafells don't have a muscle tone slider.

Which is the most important part.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
FFXIV: WAYWT is a nice change of pace. Please continue.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Holyshoot posted:

Which is the most important part.

I want them to add a muscle tone slider to lalafell because that would be hilarious

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I want them to add a muscle tone slider to lalafell because that would be hilarious

A muscle slider that does nothing, or a slider that makes them freakishly huge?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I'm vacillating between highlander and lalafell again and I've got two fantasias in my inventory, help :(

Highlander is minor league bullshit. If you're going big, go Roegadame.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

kafziel posted:

Highlander is minor league bullshit. If you're going big, go Roegadame.

Their expressions are goofy and I didn't like their hairstyles :(

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

(As a little aside, though, this has gotten me wondering just how their facial animation tech works - when I tried a face 4 Au Ra, I was very dissatisfied with now relatively inexpressive the face was during cutscenes, which was a bit of beef I'd previously had with the Midlander, too, and is one of the reasons I liked my lalafell so much. I figured Au Ra face 2, what my current one uses, would be even worse given the default neutral expression, but it's actually quite a bit more expressive in part, as I noted, due to the eyes. This has me wondering just what the guts of the system look like - I'd thought it was just a generic set of calls to the animation system to move certain bones to make certain expressions, but now I wonder if it's handled per-face. But that can't be right, because that would be an insane amount of work and in general Yoshida-era XIV has been about streamlining processes like that and reining in some of the ridiculous excesses of the Tanaka era when it came to cutscenes. It's quite possible the different facial geometries just end up interpreting the animation calls in different ways, though I still wonder.)

Exhibit A: reasonable default face, reasonable smirk face, completely derpy grin face. (e: and no, that's not mid-blink)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

SpaceDrake posted:

(As a little aside, though, this has gotten me wondering just how their facial animation tech works - when I tried a face 4 Au Ra, I was very dissatisfied with now relatively inexpressive the face was during cutscenes, which was a bit of beef I'd previously had with the Midlander, too, and is one of the reasons I liked my lalafell so much. I figured Au Ra face 2, what my current one uses, would be even worse given the default neutral expression, but it's actually quite a bit more expressive in part, as I noted, due to the eyes. This has me wondering just what the guts of the system look like - I'd thought it was just a generic set of calls to the animation system to move certain bones to make certain expressions, but now I wonder if it's handled per-face. But that can't be right, because that would be an insane amount of work and in general Yoshida-era XIV has been about streamlining processes like that and reining in some of the ridiculous excesses of the Tanaka era when it came to cutscenes. It's quite possible the different facial geometries just end up interpreting the animation calls in different ways, though I still wonder.)

There are ways to magic this stuff, I think this is one of the relevant pattents: http://www.google.com/patents/US6535215

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Since the friends that dragged me to Hyperion have quit to go back to WoW for Legion, I am going to come back home to the promised land. I am never leaving again.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If you don't wear the sugarloaf hat then what are you even doing with your life

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"At last, two hundred runs of endgame content are finally behind me! Now to mount this bad boy and..."

"Gosh."

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh yeah, they do that on the Ahriman mount too. That's another reason I don't like Roegadame, thanks for the reminder. :v:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
What am I missing?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Oh oh wow the ffxiv front page went all web 4.0

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

kirbysuperstar posted:

Bluecatte is goodcatte.

:agreed:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Boten Anna posted:

And dear god does it look like garbage.

PaganGoatPants posted:

What am I missing?
Just looks like a hideously uncomfortable sitting posture

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Boten Anna posted:

I hate it already. :mad:

Griz
May 21, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Oh yeah, they do that on the Ahriman mount too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Office Pig posted:

"At last, two hundred runs of endgame content are finally behind me! Now to mount this bad boy and..."

"Gosh."

This is just what happens when you tell a Roegadame to "sit like a lady".

• Locked thread