Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'd absolutely love to see the beats 1 average listener numbers since launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

emoji posted:

Thank you for posting in FYAD once in 2009 so I can probate you whenever I want.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

not quoting stymie but what don't you understand about free vs paid subscribers? this is exactly like a regular customer at a restaurant vs somebody with a groupon. a pretty large amount of consumers had no intention of paying for music they just got a deal and used it. the fact that they had 50% retention is pretty amazing considering the groupon restaurant conversion is like 8%

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Grandmaster.flv posted:

not quoting stymie but what don't you understand about free vs paid subscribers? this is exactly like a regular customer at a restaurant vs somebody with a groupon. a pretty large amount of consumers had no intention of paying for music they just got a deal and used it. the fact that they had 50% retention is pretty amazing considering the groupon restaurant conversion is like 8%

Shaggar posted:

I bet most of those 6 mil forgot to turn off the sub

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

broken clock opsec posted:

"everybody thinks we're/should be making a car, maybe we should ironically make a car"

"everybody thinks we should jump off a cliff ..."

don't quote stymie you loving idiot poo poo eater

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

it Just Works

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Stux posted:

what rtend? subscriber numbers? they're goping up. overall accounts arent as free trials run out, but payingi customer caccounts are going up. im sorryr u cant understand the beauty of apple music.

don't quote stymie you loving idiot mouth breather

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Blue Train posted:

no I would pretty much never buy content; can't think of a time when I would

don't quote stymie you loving idiot dick rider

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

please don't be willfully ignorant though by most metrics I would qualify it as a mediocre success

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

trilljester posted:

SwiftKey is better than Swype, but the implementation on iOS is shoddy. 3rd party Keyboards crash apps, freeze in Messages or revert back to stock keyboard. Best stick with the stock keyboard.

most of that is fixed in the 9.1 beta btw, but awful.app still crashes with 3rd party kbs when you compose replies
also swiftkey is not as good at swipe typing as Swype :colbert:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the stock keyboard in ios is slow as poo poo since ios 7. its bad

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I would pay for Apple Music if the interface weren't trash.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
thread got stymied so hard. you should be embarassed, as should whoever designed the apple music interface, and as i should be for continuing to pay for it. the playlists are killer but thats literally the only feature i use. beats radio sucks rear end theres already plenty of top40 stations

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine a lomarf music app. incredible

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

emoji posted:

I would pay for Apple Music if the interface weren't trash.

yep it's so loving bad. worse than Spotify which is really bad to begin with

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

LmaoTheKid posted:

yep it's so loving bad. worse than Spotify which is really bad to begin with

its almost unimaginable as to how they even made it worse than spotify. pc itunes had a better interface like 10 years ago

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

actually the Apple Music interface is great and I don't know what you nerds are whining about

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

most of that is fixed in the 9.1 beta btw, but awful.app still crashes with 3rd party kbs when you compose replies
also swiftkey is not as good at swipe typing as Swype :colbert:

Looking forward to 9.1. I honestly have not tried the SwiftKey Flow mode. I had a hard time with getting Swype to work back when I had a lol Android phone, so I just stuck with Swiftkey.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I don't use android keyboards but I'm going to get a lot of use out of the middle finger emoji in 9.1

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
apple music was fine but a couple of my favorite albums got pulled and i dont know if they're coming back

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ludwig van Halen posted:

actually the Apple Music interface is great and I don't know what you nerds are whining about

They're still trying to own digital music lol :cawg:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grandmaster.flv posted:

a bad comparison or the worst comparision? you be the judge!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

Apple Music went from zero paying subscribers to 6 million as of this month. more than 50% retention rate in the conversion from free to paid is pretty loving high.

The Management posted:

lol you're arguing with stymie, idiot.

you're losing it gramps

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

apple music is alright but it acts up a lot and refuses to play anything. probably go back to rdio if it keeps up.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Look at the guy with the weird doomguy av calling people nerds

i dont even know what that thing in your av is so i think u've out-nerded me

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
like all phones look pretty much the same anymore who cares

especially now that the iphone has achieved feature parity with android phones by having a camera wart in addition to bad software

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i'm a huge apple fag and think that music.app has definitely taken huge steps back in iOS 9

i don't want my poo poo in the cloud and it's so obvious apple is forcing everyone into that set of use cases

it's missing album and playlist lengths, all kinds of useful poo poo hidden behind three dot menus everywhere

i don't give a poo poo about radio or connect but i can't remove them from my menu bar

if i deign to suggest i only want to see the music that's on my physical device i get a dumb reminder about it that doesn't go away

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

use isub you fuckin sperg

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ludwig van Halen posted:

nice stockholm syndrome

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Apple Music is okay I give timb money and he gives me music

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

im pretty ok with apple music. I only listen to albums for the most part so I look up an album and there it is. it just works

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

apple music works fine for me. its not perfect but what is?

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

Wild EEPROM posted:

Apple Music is okay I give timb money and he gives me music

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last Chance posted:

Vin diesel is perfect

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Last Chance posted:

this performance of george michael https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsE2hzTl6MI

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

Vin diesel is perfect

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

:jackbud:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Stymie posted:

look, i'll lay it out here because you're struggling with this: apple music, like other similar services, was created with the intent that all subscribers, whether they are paying or not, have a monetized value to the service provider and, in turn, the content providers enabling the service to exist

basically, i'm giving apple more credit than you seem to be which is strange

when those subscribers decline 50% in the quarter, there is no meaningful distinction because all subscribers, whether they are paying or not, are valuable and therefore the value of the service has declined to the content providers

when the value of a service declines to such a drastic degree it is reasonable to declare that it is a flop

e3xcept someone who isunt paying isnt a subscriber, beucause they arent paying a subscription fee to subscribe to the paid subscription based service. they are using a free trial. for exmaple spotify only ocunts people paying their subscription as subscribers, because they udnenrstand the defintiion of the word subscriber, which you apparnetly do not.

monetising unpaid users is only importnant if ur service is available permanently for free, like with spotify. if ur service is unavailable outsuide of promotional periods without paying a subscription then u only care about subscribed users and ur conversation rates, and apple musics current conversion rat eis aroudn 43%. average conversison rates 4 saas is around 25% so they're doing v weel. i hope this clears up ur issue with misunderstanding the word subscribe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread