Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

So I wasn't really following game news leading up to release. Have any of the classes changed significantly such that I'll actually need to re-learn rotations, or is it all just minor tweaks and new post-60 abilities across the board?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Does Treek still have her hang glider.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Heh there is unique dialogue with HK-55 if you have HK-51 "You must be a HK-Series droid. I have one.. somewhere

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tuskin38 posted:

Heh there is unique dialogue with HK-55 if you have HK-51 "You must be a HK-Series droid. I have one.. somewhere

Yeah I laughed at that.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Does Jorgan finally use a sniper rifle or something?

I was always mildly annoyed that he talked about being a sniper but used an assault cannon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Keshik posted:

I was always mildly annoyed that he talked about being a sniper but used an assault cannon.

Yep, they changed a few companions weapons.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Keshik posted:

He no longer ues the assault cannon but can ues a sniper rifle. but corso can't ues blasters and there is a quest item for him to use it making it pointless.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Yeah, it makes more sense for Jorgan to use snipers, but I will miss the idea of two guys with blaster cannons roaming around blowing things up.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Companion Combat Chatter: Eh, I don't like HK-55's combat chatter, not as great as 51's I mean "Target has achieved deadness" really?

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
Does anyone know if their system for renewing/processing subscriptions is down? I've been trying to reactivate my subscription but I just get an error where it says something went wrong and to try again later, it gave me that both last night and just now.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
so uh, I loaded this up to check out the new stuff and it's patching and poo poo, but it's going stupidly slow for some reason? it's done like 2% in the last hour and the red bar down the bottom says installing 44.89% (512KB/s)

my connection is like 5 times faster than that, what the gently caress?

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
^ lol

This patch is going amazingly slowly. I wonder if it'd be faster to just redo the whole thing without bitraider. At the moment, judging by the progress of my % completion over the last couple hours, I have about 35 hours to go.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So for those playing, thumbs up? Thumbs down? I'm stuck at work and pretty hyped after trailerclysm last night.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I downloaded and installed in less than 20 minutes about 3 hours ago. Might be that people are getting home from school/work and hammering the servers now.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

VanillaGorilla posted:

So for those playing, thumbs up? Thumbs down? I'm stuck at work and pretty hyped after trailerclysm last night.

Thumbs up. Turn off general chat while doing new stuff, people spoil everything there.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

cat doter posted:

so uh, I loaded this up to check out the new stuff and it's patching and poo poo, but it's going stupidly slow for some reason? it's done like 2% in the last hour and the red bar down the bottom says installing 44.89% (512KB/s)

my connection is like 5 times faster than that, what the gently caress?

Mine is claiming it's going at 2.00 MB/s and it's definitely not going that fast.

I think it might have been when I started it, but then my internet connection died because loving Brighthouse throttles it by using a lovely router that drops connections when you have too many open.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Finished up through the start of chapter 8 before I need to start getting ready for work, and all things considered I'm not thrilled with KOTFE's story so far. Not mentioning any specifics, but putting my general thoughts in spoilers just in case.

There's some interesting characters and plot ideas, but everything feels very, very rushed. No time for any plot developments or ideas or characters to breathe and develop before you're whisked off to the next event, and everything feels like it's trying to rush through the setup to the real story which will start at some undetermined future point. As a result, as interesting as some things seem to be they also feel very shallow due to lack of time to develop.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Keshik posted:

Mine is claiming it's going at 2.00 MB/s and it's definitely not going that fast.

I think it might have been when I started it, but then my internet connection died because loving Brighthouse throttles it by using a lovely router that drops connections when you have too many open.

the reading seems either inaccurate or random, it keeps fluctuating between 512kb/s-1500kb/s and it's definitely not going that fast

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, mine almost always says 512.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

*knocks over pyramid of chilled corellian cocktail cans*

Does Treek still have her hang glider!

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
While playing through previous content waiting for Fallen Empire to open up for non-early access, I have come to realize I have completely forgot how to play this game.

How do I Assassin again?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

I doubt it. :( Everyone has relatively generic moves.

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.

Berke Negri posted:

Yes, she does.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
So, does anyone know what happens with finding Datacrons now? Are they still there but provide Mastery bonuses for the +Aim/+Cunning etc.?
Also, all of my collected shards are gone. I hope there wasn't something awesome for an assembled cube.

Corzen fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 20, 2015

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'd better be able to still give single-bladed lightsabers to Kira, Nadia, etc.

When I first played in beta they hadn't really sorted out the companion weapon situation, and every moddable lightsaber was class or alignment restricted so companions couldn't use them. I was playing a guardian and just gave my newbie lightsaber from Tython to Kira. With reasonably up-to-date mods in that, it was always way, way better than un-moddable dual sabers for Kira that were offered as quest rewards. I really liked the old-school look of two Jedi with single blades running around together anyway, so I've kept that tradition with every companion since.

Now that companion gear is cosmetic, it had better still be possible...

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
My trooper has more EXP than he needs to level up, yet he won't level up.

Or I just needed to get one more exp, that's the ticket.

On my Knight I can't seem to give Kira single lightsabers.

Airspace fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 20, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Is the story different at all for Republic and Empire?

I don't mind one way or the other, I'm just trying to decide if I should drag a Republic character through Hutt Cartel and Revan in the week before we non-Early Access plebs get the expansion.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Empress Theonora posted:

Is the story different at all for Republic and Empire?

I don't mind one way or the other, I'm just trying to decide if I should drag a Republic character through Hutt Cartel and Revan in the week before we non-Early Access plebs get the expansion.

I can name a few bits of the KOTFE story that most likely are significantly different in form for Republic players, but so far things feel pretty faction-agnostic outside of specific parts.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The patch progress bar doesn't track evenly, right? It jumped to 50% in no time at all, and now a few hours later it's at... 55%.

My connection isn't that bad.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
Mildly disappointed that I don't have early access. I had been subbed since the start of the permanent 12x xp by using time cards, but apparently after using 2 time cards the sub ran out for a single day, and I guess that completely hosed my ability to play early access. I really think that system is pretty stupid. I could understand staying subbed for the entire duration to receive every reward, but if you sub whenever you should still be able to get into the early access.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Can someone give me the idiot's guide to how to play a vengeance jugg to the level of minimal competence?

I tried reading the dulfy guide but it's a damned wizard's grimoire, I don't need that level of detail. I got as far as "before we begin, you must commit these four major procs and one minor proc to memory" and gave up. Also it's only available for jedi knights so I don't know what half the abilities are without scrolling back up to the definition.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Airspace posted:

You can mix-and-match companions? :stare:

EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about your knight, not your trooper. :doh:

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 20, 2015

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Can someone give me the idiot's guide to how to play a vengeance jugg to the level of minimal competence?

I tried reading the dulfy guide but it's a damned wizard's grimoire, I don't need that level of detail. I got as far as "before we begin, you must commit these four major procs and one minor proc to memory" and gave up. Also it's only available for jedi knights so I don't know what half the abilities are without scrolling back up to the definition.

Most of them are just hit things with the skills you get, and when things glow. I think vengeance is focused on Ravage, with a new ability refreshing cooldown on it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Ainsley McTree posted:

You have three attacks that burn enemies. Keep them on cool down at all times.

One of the three attacks resets the cool down on your channeled saber strike. Use it once you've got all your burns loaded on the target.

For fighting groups, load your burns onto a single strong target and then use the massive AOE attack that replaces slam to spread the effect to all other enemies.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Airspace posted:

You can't get that 1xp until you have access to KOTFE.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

You have three attacks that burn enemies. Keep them on cool down at all times.

One of the three attacks resets the cool down on your channeled saber strike. Use it once you've got all your burns loaded on the target.

For fighting groups, load your burns onto a single strong target and then use the massive AOE attack that replaces slam to spread the effect to all other enemies.

Perfect. Thank you!

I'm still in chapter 1 and my alt-itis is already kicking in. I'm unwell.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Can anyone tell me if the Instant 60 Jedi Knight is wearing the armor in the trailers?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Hmm my Location Achievements went from 100% to 98%...there are entries for Republic Fleet and Imperial Fleet with nothing in them.

Not looking forward to killing 2500 enemies with the ship droids.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Medullah posted:

...well you know this one is already in the game. :)

Wait, really? How do you sort your legacy storage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

kippa posted:

You can't get that 1xp until you have access to KOTFE.

Naw, I should have been more specific, my Trooper is still in Chapter 1. He had like 30K extra EXP for some reason.

I only have one character at 55 (no SoR) but they've got some amount of time to go before they fill the bar.

• Locked thread