Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's going to be interesting (OK, "interesting") to see how much scientism is loaded into this monologue compared with the previous one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seriously, why won't they end the loving arc? God drat.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
At least put some kind of a break in there, even if it leads to more endless monologues.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Just hoping the comic gets back on a less cringeworthy track, that's all :shrug: Saying again though this is a very good page.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think Paladin is going to give Alison a piece of her personal philosophy as a way of comforting her or advising her on what to do next. Hopefully this will be the end of the issue. (It's going to end when Alison goes to sleep, regardless.)

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think Paladin is going to give Alison a piece of her personal philosophy as a way of comforting her or advising her on what to do next. Hopefully this will be the end of the issue. (It's going to end when Alison goes to sleep, regardless.)

It will never end.

This chapter did introduce Lisa and hopefully got rid of Violet, so there's that at least?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

new page

Just a little tidbit from Doctor Rapestatistics followed by a tearjerker missive from Cancer Dad

the hits keep comin :downs:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Oh no, it's horrible... My dad... I can't bear to say it... My dad uses chat speak in his emails."

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
MAKE IT STOP

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

a visual metaphor for the writing

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Everything else aside I have no idea why this chapter is still going. Did they forget they were using a chapter format initially and just abandon it?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh look, a timely email from Dr. Rape Statistics to let us know that Mary was justified in every way. :bang:
At this point it's no use pretending that Mary is being presented as a positive force in the world. I was hoping that Paladin would tell Allison something motivational but instead it was just something along the lines of "yeah being a hero wasn't really what I thought it meant but it was a good time anyways".

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

a visual metaphor for the writing

This is adorable.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I am in favor of invisible murderers killing rapists.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mr. Green's email address is Superdad, that's adorable, or egotistic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Guy's proud of his daughter.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Well I'm glad somebody finally said what we're all thinking

No not THAT, the other thing we're all thinking.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Page 160 of this 'issue' and still managing to cut off in the middle of a word balloon. :effort:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Ok, this is progress. We're finally telling Allison to stop doing her best Atlas impersonation. Now follow through with this scene and end the chapter.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So is this comic good again?

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
it's better than paranatural

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Last page Doctor Rapestatistics popped in with some important information via email so no, not yet

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Please refer to the last panel of the latest page.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's actually Allison realizing Mary has an accomplice.

it's doctor rapestatistics :ssh:

e: I actually more than half hope this is correct

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm going to be really disappointed if it isn't now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It would be a really good twist and it would certainly improve my view on the comic but I really doubt the author would do that.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Mulligan really needs an editor and a devil's advocate to bounce ideas and situations off of. Because when there's a distinct lack of valid counterpoints all you're left with is a moral Sue bearing her super-cross.
As someone who was actually friends with Mulligan for some time, the guy is a bit detached from the world. He was already super talented and hard working when I knew him. But he also is a bit of a rich kid who was born with connections, and definitely deals with things in the abstract. Knowing him was actually like reading this comic. He was super smart and nice, but then he just said some weird poo poo and would be surprisingly hardheaded about being challenged on it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Flesh Forge posted:

It would be a really good twist and it would certainly improve my view on the comic but I really doubt the author would do that.

I actually really hope it's not that, because it's a nice change of pace to see a superhero series where the government isn't just doing a conspiracy. Obviously the doctor isn't the entire government, but she is pretty much the human face of it in the comic. Also, there hasn't been any indication Moonshadow has had an accomplice (and why would someone who can turn invisible and create illusions need one?)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Carrasco posted:

I actually really hope it's not that, because it's a nice change of pace to see a superhero series where the government isn't just doing a conspiracy. Obviously the doctor isn't the entire government, but she is pretty much the human face of it in the comic. Also, there hasn't been any indication Moonshadow has had an accomplice (and why would someone who can turn invisible and create illusions need one?)

For starters, the doc could have been supplying her with information. Mary said that she doesn't go after anyone 'unless she is sure', and while I have my issues with that (Perfect information is a huge fallacy, unless your name is Batman), she certainly isn't getting all her info from Google.

Also, remember that huge goddamed pile of weapons, ammo, and explosives that Moonshadow produced to those mercs? I highly doubt that she snuck in and stole all of that without anyone noticing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Carrasco posted:

Oh I don't mean to imply a government conspiracy at all, I mean just those two. And no it's mostly a wild guess, but it was super loving weird that the good Doctor pretty much directly told Allison "No you shouldn't look into this, this isn't at all important and here's a huge mass of statistics on rape that I just happen to have memorized for ~no particular reason just normal conversation material~"

e: boy my typing is sloppy

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 30, 2015

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

I could forgive a lot of the crap in this chapter if this were the case.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no she's having a religious moment

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
An inventor whose purpose in life is to make things better for everyone; a reformed criminal who sacrificed everything to help people; a former supervillain who's trying to figure out who killed the few people who could really make a difference; and a former superhero who decided murdering people she deems guilty is the best way to solve problems.

One of these things is not like the others.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The art on this page is very nice even though it isn't representing Alison realizing that dr. rapestatistics is moonshadow's accomplice.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

GodFish posted:

The art on this page is very nice even though it isn't representing Alison realizing that dr. rapestatistics is moonshadow's accomplice.

That'll happen in the second half of this chapter.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Awww. It is a very pretty page though.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

nimby posted:

That'll happen in the second half of this chapter.

Zing.

I agree that it's weird to have deranged serial killer moonshadow here with the others. It is true that she and the ex-super terrorist who thinks murder is no big deal are both on the bottom. Maybe that's intentional and the author does recognize that Mary is bad.

The fact that I have to stretch to see the author as maybe possibly having a decent moral vision is really undercutting the power of this comic heavily revolving around the theme of changing the world for the better.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

All other faults in this comic aside, this is a really nice page though.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
:lol: he arranged them according to d&d alignment

LG CG
LE CE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Jackard posted:

:lol: he arranged them according to d&d alignment

LG CG
LE CE

No, you see the d&d alignment scale is a deeply meaningful portrayal of real life divisions on moral topics. :biotruths:

• Locked thread